Herbie V2 by Vape Engineering - 510 dry herb vaporizer

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I see your point. I have an Xmax V3 and it is convection. Capsule is hot when I take it out. So hot I cant pick it up and flip it over.

I have also taken a crafty capsuld and put it in an Ispire banger. It fits well and seals at the bottom. It worked using my New Vape WeedEater head. (Convection) I could get even AVB.

Well, I’ve finished a POD session ending at 430f, in the Herbie, dumped it, and an able to hold and open the POD, after about a minute or so, can’t do that when it comes out of my hot Mighty. Try it with YOUR Herbie, and let us know?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Herbie has arrived! It even has the coil installed! 😌 It's even smaller in person than I had pictured. I had seen it on top of mods I own and yet a different thing in your hands. Now on to testing! If people have preferred tubo/AF settings let me know.
herbie the love bug film GIF

MedicinalMonkeyWrench

My Herbie turned up on Saturday. This is my first dry herb 510 device, so I don't fully know what I'm doing.

It was centre tunneling and combusting on the Paramour.:puke:

I now have it on a Red Panda Espion.

Resistance at room temp is 0.174 which climbs to about 0.200 when firing.

TCR 120 60W 380F

60w on initial ramp up to temp and then settles around 0.5w

I copied the PI regulator values from the Tubo software.

Connected to the PC and everything looks ok on Device Monitor, when I fire the mesh is up to temp in seconds and seems stable. When I blow on the coil to simulate a draw, temp drops and the power kicks in at 60w to bring it back up to temp.

I'm just getting centre tunneling and 1 wispy cloud. It starts to char and tastes bad if I go for more draws.

I have tried adjusting TCR up and down slightly but doesn't seem to change anything

I had 5mm balls in the mouthpiece at first but changed to the provided stock balls because of the tunneling but it has changed nothing

I vape on the go, out of the house, so I can't do proper testing and experimentation.

Any advice would be appreciated @Vape Engineering

Last edited:

Spleeeno

Horsin around
try to set max wattage to 40W and turn down the TCR to 105 and the temp to 340F or 360F.
I feel like the 60W limit is what scorches the herb, especially since TC and SS arent really accurate to begin with, by picking the higher TCR you might end up making it even worse, since the calcuated temp is based on the TCR value.

I havent had scorching since turning it down to 20W but that also turns the whole experience into breathing exercises. like you will still get everything to temp with 20W, but it takes a while and the first 3-4 inhales are meh.

edit: and I've found the newest rabbithole: driptips
meh.jpg

makes reading the display way easier for my old eyes, if anyone is interested:

Last edited:

Razhumikin

Ok, Ive had a few bowls with my Herbie now, and Im ready to give my informed thoughts. It gave me a little tsuris trying to get it set up properly, and I combusted the first time I tried to hit it with balls, but I feel like ive got it dialed in for temp control on both DNA and AF mods right now and its performing well. The build construction is really very nice, the metal has a nice weight to it, and its cleverly designed. Having the mouthpiece support both a standard drip tip and a native 14mm connection is really great, the unit itself is smaller than any of my other 510 except my iheats, and the all metal design makes cleaning a breeze. After I combusted yesterday I just took off the orings and threw everything in ISO for 30 min, gave it a quick rinse and dry, and within 2 hours it was good as new. Now that I have the proper settings, the vapor is nice. It takes a few seconds to come to temp but ive been getting good hits that can be either wispy or robust depending on my draw technique. Flavor is good, and I havent been experiencing any hotspotting. Here are the settings I have been finding success with:

DNA:
ss430
resistance: 0.19
Max watts: 42
Temp : 350

AF:
Temp control: TCR 102
Resistance: 0.19
Max Watts: 60
Temp: 376

Overall this is a good device, and it was certainly worth the price. I have one major complaint though, and it is kind of a big one: The herb chamber is TOO DAMN BIG! While this might not seem like a big deal, it is, because what happens (as any volcano owner can tell you) is that unless its fully packed, the herb will move around in the chamber during vaporization, which will very greatly reduce the efficiency of the extraction. Even if you do fully pack it, then the herb shrinks during the vaporization process, and you still get an inefficient extraction. This could be helped by using dosing capusles, but as everyone knows, dosing capusles are terrible. Theyre finicky to open, hot out of the chamber, and lead to conduction flavor (yuck!). To combat this without resorting to dosing capsules, I have been using a generic pipescreen, which I place on top of a layer herb covering the bottom screen. This is not an elegant solution, but its effective. The biggest bummer about this is I really wanted this for a pocketable on the go vape that I wouldnt have to worry about getting scratched up like I would a wood 510, but needing that extra screen makes it untenable to reload on the go. I havent given up on it yet, and if anyone comes up with an elegant solution that will maintain full convection heating, im all ears. A minor complaint I have is that the screen on the bottom of the herb chamber needs to be a lot more fine, vaped herb material is visible after a few bowls on the bottom of the 510 deck, which means it is almost certainly coming into contact with the heating element. Once again, this is very easy to clean, but its not ideal.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

Ok, Ive had a few bowls with my Herbie now, and Im ready to give my informed thoughts. It gave me a little tsuris trying to get it set up properly, and I combusted the first time I tried to hit it with balls, but I feel like ive got it dialed in for temp control on both DNA and AF mods right now and its performing well. The build construction is really very nice, the metal has a nice weight to it, and its cleverly designed. Having the mouthpiece support both a standard drip tip and a native 14mm connection is really great, the unit itself is smaller than any of my other 510 except my iheats, and the all metal design makes cleaning a breeze. After I combusted yesterday I just took off the orings and threw everything in ISO for 30 min, gave it a quick rinse and dry, and within 2 hours it was good as new. Now that I have the proper settings, the vapor is nice. It takes a few seconds to come to temp but ive been getting good hits that can be either wispy or robust depending on my draw technique. Flavor is good, and I havent been experiencing any hotspotting. Here are the settings I have been finding success with:

DNA:
ss430

AF:

Overall this is a good device, and it was certainly worth the price. I have one major complaint though, and it is kind of a big one: The herb chamber is TOO DAMN BIG! While this might not seem like a big deal, it is, because what happens (as any volcano owner can tell you) is that unless its fully packed, the herb will move around in the chamber during vaporization, which will very greatly reduce the efficiency of the extraction. Even if you do fully pack it, then the herb shrinks during the vaporization process, and you still get an inefficient extraction. This could be helped by using dosing capusles, but as everyone knows, dosing capusles are terrible. Theyre finicky to open, hot out of the chamber, and lead to conduction flavor (yuck!). To combat this without resorting to dosing capsules, I have been using a generic pipescreen, which I place on top of a layer herb covering the bottom screen. This is not an elegant solution, but its effective. The biggest bummer about this is I really wanted this for a pocketable on the go vape that I wouldnt have to worry about getting scratched up like I would a wood 510, but needing that extra screen makes it untenable to reload on the go. I havent given up on it yet, and if anyone comes up with an elegant solution that will maintain full convection heating, im all ears. A minor complaint I have is that the screen on the bottom of the herb chamber needs to be a lot more fine, vaped herb material is visible after a few bowls on the bottom of the 510 deck, which means it is almost certainly coming into contact with the heating element. Once again, this is very easy to clean, but its not ideal.

I think you are right about the bowl size. For ease of use, I was hoping to use only PODS.
I believe the main problem with using the pods designed for the “conduction” S&B Mighty, is the HOT AIR is being drawn mostly THROUGH the SMALL number of HOLES in the top/bottom of the pods. Not an issue in the oven of a Mighty, as it is constantly being cooked, and emitting vapor. A lot of the hot air is being directed blocked by all the metal area with NO holes.

The PODS in the Herbie V2 CONVECTION, would probably work much better if the PODS were made of SCREEN WIRE. I have some from a different device, but they don’t fit the Herbie. I have never seen any WIRE BASKET pods, the exact size of an S&B pod! :(

Spleeeno

Horsin around
I have one major complaint though, and it is kind of a big one: The herb chamber is TOO DAMN BIG! While this might not seem like a big deal, it is, because what happens (as any volcano owner can tell you) is that unless its fully packed, the herb will move around in the chamber during vaporization, which will very greatly reduce the efficiency of the extraction.
might help with reducing the herb chamber (but also soak up some of the heat in this mostly convection based vape, so it might turn out to be shit)

Momor

The PODS in the Herbie V2 CONVECTION, would probably work much better if the PODS were made of SCREEN WIRE.
I use S&B capsules with my TM and they work perfectly so it shouldn't be a problem with the Herbie if it was working good.
Lamart also make stems that use S&B capsules for his vaporizers so the convection part is not the problem I think.

SquirrelMaster

DNA:
ss430

AF:

@Spleeeno beat me to it with the bowl reducer. Not that I really want one, I like a massive bowl so I'm more excited now. It could be glass or you could use a piece of SS piping which would bring some conduction into the mix. @Vape Engineering have you considered adding some bowl reducers as an accessory?

My Herbie is still travelling in stealth mode (last left Frankfurt on the 7th) as it makes its way to Canada. It'll be like Christmas all over again when it arrives unexpectedly :lol:.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I think you are right about the bowl size. For ease of use, I was hoping to use only PODS.
I believe the main problem with using the pods designed for the “conduction” S&B Mighty, is the HOT AIR is being drawn mostly THROUGH the SMALL number of HOLES in the top/bottom of the pods. Not an issue in the oven of a Mighty, as it is constantly being cooked, and emitting vapor. A lot of the hot air is being directed blocked by all the metal area with NO holes.

The PODS in the Herbie V2 CONVECTION, would probably work much better if the PODS were made of SCREEN WIRE. I have some from a different device, but they don’t fit the Herbie. I have never seen any WIRE BASKET pods, the exact size of an S&B pod! :(

The thing about using S&B dosing capsules in a convection vape is the capsule will end up as a heatsink which will introduce thermal resistance and act as a cooling unit.

In the S&B portables the capsules are held at vaporization temp through conduction, so it's not an issue.

RustyOldNail

I use S&B capsules with my TM and they work perfectly so it shouldn't be a problem with the Herbie if it was working good.
Lamart also make stems that use S&B capsules for his vaporizers so the convection part is not the problem I think.

Mighty pods don’t fit into my TM stems, not sure how you are using them. TM is where I bought the WIRE BASKET PODS, but I don’t use them, and it’s too bad they are too tall and narrow for the Herbie. I also don’t believe one can make direct comparisons to how these perform on different devices, as there are other variables.

The thing about using S&B dosing capsules in a convection vape is the capsule will end up as a heatsink which will introduce thermal resistance and act as a cooling unit.

In the S&B portables the capsules are held at vaporization temp through conduction, so it's not an issue.

True, but the thin aluminum isn’t too bad a heat sink, and an increase of temperature “should” compensate. I still believe it’s because the drilled holes in a S&B pod, are maybe only 50% of the overall surface area, blocking a lot of the heated airflow from beneath. That’s why my tests keep revealing the ABV as mixed extraction. So far not getting great results without pods either.

Spleeeno

Horsin around
btw, I seem to only get an even roast when my mesh is aligned with the airholes

or for illustration purposes:

o = o more even roast
o || o bigger hotspot

which is why I chose a still pretty loose screen for the herb chamber, so I can still see where the mesh is. using capsules keeps it all clean anyway.

ConvectCode1

Mine only finally updated from Frankfurt to the US today. I'm honestly not even eager for it to get here if it's gonna be a hot spot hassle; I'm just spoiled I guess and don't really need a pocket option unless it can hang with the TM and V3 Pro for even abv.

@VGOODIEZ no rush I'm sure you have actual responsibilities but were you ever able to get your Herbie's TC dialed in for even abv sans capsule with the Paramour?
Hi friends,
Welcome to our new thread. A few of you might already knew us from our last project HERBIE.

Let’s be honest – Version 1 was not ready for the market. We could make it work for ourselves, but a few of our customers struggled with it. At some point we even thought to dump the project.

Nevertheless, some of your suggestions couldn’t let us sleep, so we took our chances and gave HERBIE a full rework.

We are incredibly happy to finally present Herbie V2 after about a year of hard work, countless cups of coffee and "creativity bowls".

View attachment 15059

So what is the Herbie V2?
The Herbie V2 is basically a 510 dry herb vaporizer. This means it needs a power source and for this any e-cigarette box mod with a 510 thread can be used.
Here - for example- Herbie V2 is mounted on a Mechlyfe Paramour SBS 21700 box mod.
View attachment 15060

But Herbie V2 is not just any 510 vaporizer, it comes with a bunch of features.

Let’s run down list:

- Dimensions:
We recognized that Herbie V1 was huge and there is a lot of room to shrink it down. Herbie V2 itself has a diameter of 25mm, which makes it 3mm thinner than the V1. In height we could save more than 40mm. As you can see in the drawing the final dimensions of Herbie V2 are 25mm in diameter and 74mm in height. But keep in mind that you will still need an e-cig mod.

View attachment 15061
(For those who are familiar with the Herbie V1. We shrunk the outer dimensions and the herb chamber but the heating chamber has still the same size)

We would recommend to use the Mechlyfe Paramour SBS 21700. This is a side by side mod which can carry up to 25mm atomizers in diameter and has a powerful battery cell. So it is perfect for the Herbie V2. Herbie V2 in combination with the Paramour SBS 21700 is even smaller than the most portable vaporizers. (See a comparison below :))
View attachment 15062View attachment 15063

- Changeable battery / runtime:

With the Mechlyfe Paramour SBS mod you can use 21700 / 18650. And even better the battery cell is changeable. So you will about never run out of juice if you carry a second battery cell with you.
Since Herbie V2 is an on demand convection vaporizer, a single charge of a 21700 battery cell will last at least for a day.

-Usage:

And how is the usage of Herbie? It’s very easy. Just pull up the top cap, fill the herb chamber (the material can slightly pressed but not too tight, since the air has to flow through), push the top cap back on. Herbie V2 is ready to go! Here you can find a video, but please don't judge us for video quality. I am still learning... :/

As it can be seen in the video Herbie V2 is an on demand vaporizer. This means it has a very low heat up time. Just press the fire button, wait for about 1-2 seconds, start the inhale for about 5 seconds and finally taste the terps.

-Herb chamber size:
The size of the chamber is 17.7mm in diameter and a height of 9.5mm. So it is possible to fill Herbie V2 with about 0.2 gramms.

(For those who had seen the Herbie V1. Now there are no more loose parts, which can fall out during reloading or cleaning. Also there are no more threads, which were kinda annoying.)

-On Demand, Rebuildable Coil, Mesh Heating Element (But every Coil can be used):
As already explained the Herbie V2 is an on demand vaporizer, this means it is has no heatup time and is ready to use in about 2 seconds.

This very fast heat up time can reached by a very efficient heating Element. After lot’s of tests of different meshes, coil material and different shapes it was possible with the help of a user to find the best balance between ohmic resistance and thermal mass. It’s the double M shaped mesh. It is stainless steel 304 and has a 30 mesh.

View attachment 15066View attachment 15067

But if you are not happy with our recommended setup, feel free to find your own style which works best for you! Herbie is rebuildable and can be used with any kind of e-cig coils.

View attachment 15068

-Cooling Glasballs
Who wants to inhale hot vapor? I guess no one. For this reason, the inside of the Top Cap is designed to be filled with 2mm glass balls.

These glass balls absorb the heat from the vapor and cool it down for a smooth inhale.
View attachment 15072

- Convection / Shell in shell / efficient airpath

A view might think, that the Herbie will get very hot while usage because it is made of stainless steel. But with our well planned airpath the vaporizer will stay cool.

Since the air is sucked in at the top and flows down in the outer rim the cold air is preheated during absorbing the heat from the housing before it hits the heating element. It means that this shell in shell design works like a heat insulator and the housing of the Herbie V2 can’t get hot. It will get warm but not uncomfortable hot.

View attachment 15073

As you can see Herbie just heats up the air and not the herb chamber. So it is mainly a convection vaporizer. This means 100% pure flavor.

-Adjustable Airflow
The amount of airflow when vaping can greatly change your overall experience. For this, simply turn the top cap to open or close the air intakes holes.

-510 Drip Tip
A 510 drip tip is a standard size at e-cigarettes atomizers. Personalize your Herbie with the Drip Tip you want. The drip tip is just pushed into the top cap and is held by an o-ring.
View attachment 15074

-Wattage Mode
If you want to use Herbie in the wattage mode of your e-cigarette mod then we recommend to start at 30 Watts and inhale slow and steady for about 5 seconds. You will taste your material but won’t see any dense vapor. Then you can turn up the wattage or inhale longer for a better extraction.

-TCR Mode
We prefer to use the with the TCR mode. This means the temperature controlled. The fact, that heating element is made of stainless steel 304 we use the value 0.001020 for TCR, a maximum power of 60 watts and temperature 175 °C (347 °F) at the Mechlyfe Paramour SBS mod. (see the video above)

-14.4 WPA
Bong is never wrong! For this purpose the drip tip has to be pulled off. The 14.4 water pipe adapter of the Top Cap can be used.

-S&B Dosing Capsules
Reloading the Herbie V2 is fine if you are around your house or at a desk at home. Imagine you're at a party and you have to pull off the TopCap, empty out the used herbs, open a grinder and reload Herbie. This is possible, but it is very cumbersome.

Exactly for this problem, the herb chamber is designed so that the Storz and Bickel Dosing Caps can be used. So only the capsule must be changed on the way and the Herbie V2 is immediately ready for use again. A capsule can carry about 0.17 gramms.
View attachment 15075View attachment 15076

And here's a little demo how to use Herbie V2 with the dosing capsules.

-Cleaning
From time to time it is necessary to clean the Herbie V2. Since it is nearly fully made out of stainless steel, all metal parts can be cleaned with 99% iso. After cleaning just reassembly the Herbie V2.

-Scope of delivery:
View attachment 15079

-Price

Since the Herbie V2 is now smaller and has less parts, the we could reduced to 100 €.

-Launch date:
We are planning to launch at Christmas and we are sure that Santa will bring a discount code for FC before then :)

But to be honest, words can’t describe how proud we are to introduce to you the new HERBIE V2!
And please feel free to raise some questions!
Yeah I ordered my Herbie V2 on 12/24 like everybody else, along with a maintenance kit. My package finally JUST showed up and the envelope inside the box was open and all that was inside is the maintenance kit I ordered. Everybody else seems to have received theirs already and I FINALLY get SOMETHING and all it is is a maintenance kit? What am I supposed to maintain with this big bag of cooling balls? Can you let me know what I do to actually get what I paid for and if I’m going to have to wait an entire month again to receive it please? I’ve emailed you and will continue to do so until this is resolved.

Pea_Oh_Tea

Landed quietly yesterday in the Midwest US.

First few rounds using VE's recommended settings (TCR 1020, 60W, 360-390F) on a Mechlyfe Paramour obtained from Everzon and a S&B dosing cap (.05g) were very promising.

I agree with @Razhumikin and others that too much wiggle room for the herbs (in the bowl or in the capsule) leaves room for inconsistent extraction, so ideas like the Mighty/Crafty glass bowl reducer or otherwise are neat to consider.

Next rounds will involve using the cap of an S&B capsule on top of the herbs, inverted so that the mouth of the lid face the mouthpiece. This should keep the load a bit more uniformly distributed and secured (without packing too tightly of course) and perhaps also help distribute airflow more evenly across the load as air tries to find egress through the cap... not sure, so someone ought to beat me to the puff on this one and report back :)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

DNA:
ss430

AF:

Thanks for the early review and for sharing those settings.

The cons you mentioned still have me leaning toward selling my Herbie (which arrived yesterday) without using it. It's a shame since the Paramour arrived late last week and the tiny size of the atty and mod are appealing.

I don't like anything I've seen on this thread since the wattage test clips from vgoodiez. I don't want to use capsules; I don't want little boro balls or coarse screens that clog or get dirty quickly; I don't want a big herb chamber with weed swirling around like a snow globe and getting all in the mouthpiece screen; I don't want to build my own coils either really. I'm down for an initial config and then I want consistent performance with low maintenance and a good ritual.

@ConvectCode1 maybe I can mail you my Herbie in lieu of a refund if @Vape Engineering can't sort you out in a timely fashion. I guess I should open the box and make sure it's in there first 😂

Edit: the package is secure. Kind of a darling little case full of accessories and little tools too. Very thoughtful to include all the extras like that. 👍

I forget: am I supposed to take the Herbie apart and iso it before first use or is a burnoff the move or what?
PXL-20220119-173813702.jpg

Last edited:

ConvectCode1

I ordered this crap on 12/24 like everyone else. All that showed up was a box with an envelope inside that contained the maintenance kit I ordered along with the Herbie V2. This company failed with the first Herbie….wonder why. Takes a damn month to get here…and enough about Covid I get things from Eu much faster. After a month all that shows up is a kit to maintain a device I didn’t even receive. Now, AT BEST, I have to wait another month to get a 510 atomizer that isn’t even getting very good reviews. Super awesome and excited about VapeEngineering. NOT…not even a little bit. Anybody wants this crap a month from now let me know and I’ll sell it to you. In a month this product will already be fizzled out. I honestly doubt I even get what I paid for from this fly by night operation. Sweet, total rip off. If anybody needs a free maintenance kit and big bag of cooling balls you can have mine I guess. No chance in hell these people will make it right anyways. Not even sure I’d be willing to wait another month. LAME AF VAPE ENGINEERING

Last edited:
ConvectCode1,
  • Sad
Reactions: BigJr48

4everpushingaboulder

I ordered this crap on 12/24 like everyone else. All that showed up was a box with an envelope inside that contained the maintenance kit I ordered along with the Herbie V2. This company failed with the first Herbie….wonder why. Takes a damn month to get here…and enough about Covid I get things from Eu much faster. After a month all that shows up is a kit to maintain a device I didn’t even receive. Now, AT BEST, I have to wait another month to get a 510 atomizer that isn’t even getting very good reviews. Super awesome and excited about VapeEngineering. NOT…not even a little bit. Anybody wants this crap a month from now let me know and I’ll sell it to you. In a month this product will already be fizzled out. I honestly doubt I even get what I paid for from this fly by night operation. Sweet, total rip off.
My order number was 2. Vape Engineering handed it off to DHL on 12/29.

I still don’t have it yet but it’s not their fault in anyway what took DHL, Customs or USPS so long to deliver.

Being mad at them is just throwing a tantrum.

ConvectCode1

My order number was 2. Vape Engineering handed it off to DHL on 12/29.

I still don’t have it yet but it’s not their fault in anyway what took DHL, Customs or USPS so long to deliver.

Being mad at them is just throwing a tantrum.
Getting a $30 maintenance kit I ordered 8 days after ordering the Herbie BEFORE I even get THE HERBIE is beyond ridiculous in 2021 period. Don’t really care who’s fault it is, going to have to wait another month AT LEAST to actually get what I paid for. That’s abysmal. I’d gladly pay the extra $8 whopping bucks for faster shipping. Hell I’d pay $50 for reasonable shipping. Doubt I’ll even get a refund for the thing. And DUDE, if your shipment hasn’t moved SINCE 12/29 THERES A PROBLEM WITH YOUR ORDER! LOL! You’re order 2 but a ton of people already have theirs? I was order 7. Neither you nor I have the Herbie. If that’s where your consumer standards sit that’s cool. Not me

Last edited:
ConvectCode1,
  • Sad
Reactions: BigJr48

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@ConvectCode1 The situation sux,but i have also waited months for orders from Canada/US ,even had shit lost in mail. You can point the finger at whoever you like ,but truth is there is a chain of people responsible for the package getting to you. Also if u take a look at the forum rules, you will find that it is advised to post once about your negative experience and then wait for it to be resolved.
  • Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
Are you going to spam the thread daily until you get your device ?Also the discussion of orders and shipping is not desired in the product thread,so mods make separate threads for those posts. If you like you can start one and contain it there.
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/negative-feedback.4406/ You can post here too if you like.

Last edited:

ConvectCode1

@ConvectCode1 The situation sux,but i have also waited months for orders from Canada/US ,even had shit lost in mail. You can point the finger at whoever you like ,but truth is there is a chain of people responsible for the package getting to you. Also if u take a look at the forum rules, you will find that it is advised to post once about your negative experience and then wait for it to be resolved.
  • Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
Are you going to spam the thread daily until you get your device ?Also the discussion of orders and shipping is not desired in the product thread,so mods make separate threads for those posts. If you like you can start one and contain it there.
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/negative-feedback.4406/ You can post here too if you like.
Fair enough. Thanks

RustyOldNail

From my earlier post #327

“ADDED: The Herbie came fairly clean, UNTIL.... I was able to unscrew the INNER metal chamber, got a lot of grey junk on my 99% ISO rag. Good thing to clean this area before using, as I anticipate it being harder to unscrew as resin vapor builds up over time, and to unscrew it, means using my pinkie finger, this was one area I was mildly concerned about after watching the Herbie assembly videos.”

No need for either burnoff or iso initially imo. I didnt get any weird flavors or vapors.

Razhumikin

From my earlier post #327

“ADDED: The Herbie came fairly clean, UNTIL.... I was able to unscrew the INNER metal chamber, got a lot of grey junk on my 99% ISO rag. Good thing to clean this area before using, as I anticipate it being harder to unscrew as resin vapor builds up over time, and to unscrew it, means using my pinkie finger, this was one area I was mildly concerned about after watching the Herbie assembly videos.”
Good point, i retract my previous statement and will try to get a mod to delete that post.

4everpushingaboulder

Getting a $30 maintenance kit I ordered 8 days after ordering the Herbie BEFORE I even get THE HERBIE is beyond ridiculous in 2021 period. Don’t really care who’s fault it is, going to have to wait another month AT LEAST to actually get what I paid for. That’s abysmal. I’d gladly pay the extra $8 whopping bucks for faster shipping. Hell I’d pay $50 for reasonable shipping. Doubt I’ll even get a refund for the thing. And DUDE, if your shipment hasn’t moved SINCE 12/29 THERES A PROBLEM WITH YOUR ORDER! LOL! You’re order 2 but a ton of people already have theirs? I was order 7. Neither you nor I have the Herbie. If that’s where your consumer standards sit that’s cool. Not me
Man I never said it didn’t move.
-week in customs in Germany then handoff to usps. Another week to get to the US. Few days including MLK to get thru customs.

Then USPS sent it from NY to PHx on the way to STL. Showed up 5 min ago.

Top Bottom