• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herb Grinders

smoothee

smoothee container
Accessory Maker
Thanks to my wonderful friends, I now own two ridiculously priced grinders: the Klip Slicer and the Brilliant Cut Grinder. Both do not have threads (all magnets) and both are over $100 🤑. The Klip Slicer feels like an industrial piece of machinery: it's heavy, bulky-yet-ergonomic, and made of exceptional materials. The compartment for grinding is three small gaps that are a bit of a joke (esp. when you consider the size of our nugs out here in California). You can comfortably grind about a half gram at once before the slicer mechanism gets a lot of build up up. I do love the concept of "slicing" the bud vs pulverizing it—but I haven't noticed "more potency" as mentioned online. The Klip Slicer also lets you remove pieces and switch out screens. Nice for the customization but I don't use kief catchers so all of that is pointless (why leave kief in your grinder to dry out in days?!). On the other hand, my brilliant cut grinder is a perfect piece of equipment! It can grind over a gram with ease and it doesn't have a kief catcher so you get this luscious bowl of goodness that smells so good it burns your eyes 🤯 It's lighter than the Klip (dramatically) and shreds through any sticky flower with ease thanks to the weighted cover. If I lost both, I would replace the Brilliant Cut no questions asked!

Inforit

If it is not 316 S/S I would prefer Aluminium, the spot welds in my 304S/S CVault are rusty plus I live by the sea and 304S/S does not last long. :2c:
You’re not using a 304 stainless steel grinder. I worked in metal fabrication for around 50 years and never saw or heard of 304 rusting. See if a magnet sticks to your grinder. 304 is 100% non magnetic.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Yes, there is a thread for them here, that's why it is odd we never heard about the steel version officially... Not enough activity??
I think I solved the mystery (that no one else cares about). The stainless steel Zam grinder is a rebadged Honeypuff.

I’m intrigued by the 1.8” mini for travel but the product page says <1 week delivery while checkout gives an AliExpress-like month. 🤷‍♂️

dimmusp

I think I solved the mystery (that no one else cares about). The stainless steel Zam grinder is a rebadged Honeypuff.

I’m intrigued by the 1.8” mini for travel but the product page says <1 week delivery while checkout gives an AliExpress-like month. 🤷‍♂️
Interesting! The Honeypuff looks exactly like my stainless steel NVGrinder:

I wonder which one came first... 🤔

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I own the ripper https://herbripper.com/product/extra-large-herb-grinder/ and it does what it says its rips through any amount :) i have ordered the flower mill and its on back order but seems like there is an issue with that one, re ali shavings not good and i highly distrust ali very dangerous in my humble opinion, i guess i'll have to wait and see what comes of it.
Hi, I have one also but I was disappointed to see how small it is, it was a second hand sale of the early models and the seller only said XL and I didn't noticed this is meant it's only 2.5"... The new ones looks better although the one I have does a pretty good job too! Just need some cleaning especially with very resinous flowers... like all/most grinders.

Interesting! The Honeypuff looks exactly like my stainless steel NVGrinder:

I wonder which one came first... 🤔
It's great to know NVGrinder released a stainless steel grinder, I have a aluminium full magnetic 3 parts grinder from them, it's an enjoying grinder despite it's pretty difficult to start to grind with very dense nugs. I'll give a look at this grinder, I could give it a try if not too expensive... Price is ok but, sadly, only the smaller is available at the moment, only 4.5cm and I noticed it's not threadless, isn't it?

dimmusp

It's great to know NVGrinder released a stainless steel grinder, I have a aluminium full magnetic 3 parts grinder from them, it's an enjoying grinder despite it's pretty difficult to start to grind with very dense nugs. I'll give a look at this grinder, I could give it a try if not too expensive... Price is ok but, sadly, only the smaller is available at the moment, only 4.5cm and I noticed it's not threadless, isn't it?
Yeah, at least the one I have is threaded.

dimmusp,

Squidge

Butane powered
Just ordered a 3-piece grinder by Gleichdick for £36, including postage. It'll be my first full/ regular size grinder (currently using small 3-piece SCS).

It'll be interesting to see what the difference in size makes.

bigheaded1

I have the small Marley Natural Wood grinder, it's a little pricy, I got it with a 20% off deal, but was still on the higher end of what I was looking to spend. It grinds very smooth and is easy to clean. IMHO it's a very stunning looking grinder. But I know not everyone likes the look of wood, but I'm personally a fan. And it matches with the Marley rolling tray and wood bubbler I bought at the same time. Everything they make is a bit high $$$ side, but it feels like quality and I love the old school wood look of everything.

I don't know how it compares to the fan favorites Santa Cruz Shredder & GR8TR, but it works wonderfully for me. And I also dig Bob's kids are actively involved in the company and they didn't just take $ for another company to use the family name.

bigheaded1,
Reactions: Goneja

bigheaded1

More negative reviews on their site than positive for the grinder...US$160 WOW, you could have got yourself a large BCG and been left a lot of change. :2c:
That's the large one, I have the small one, and I ordered it somewhere else where I think I paid $60. Is it even worth that much? That's highly subjective, I really wanted a wood grinder so that alone severely limited my options. As far as the reviews for the large one, one person gave it 1 star and said "they really overdesigned and oversold this" I'm not even sure what they mean, but it sounds positive to me. Over designed is like over engineered (to me) And not surprising since this is the internet, it only has 5 reviews so of course 3 hate it and the other 2 say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Also contradicting reviews just go to show 2 people can look at the same item totally opposite. 1 of the 1 star review complained how the compartment for flower's way too small and should be 5x bigger. Where 1 of the 5 star review says "large grinder, large compacity" And not for nothing the small grinder's 4.8/5 with 6 review on another site that sells it. And the large one's 5/5 with 8. I think maybe the price difference helps the reviews lol.

This is a showpiece grinder, and everything else they make uses the same wood so you can have a matching collection. I like form + function so the collection instantly jumped out at me. Most of my homies keep their marijuana and paraphernalia in an old shoe box. They couldn't care less about shit like this lol. I hope to get to use a Santa Cruz or GR8TR one day just to have something really good to compare it to. But right now I'm happy, it grinds well, is easy to clean and looks nice sitting on my shelf next to a Vinyl Bob Marley Legend album. But yeah, I'd NEVER IN MY LIFE pay $160 for the large one that's ludicrous. I see it for $100 elsewhere, which is still pretty nuts to me.

One good thing I will say about the marley website, they obviously don't moderate the reviews and remove the poor ones. There are a decent number of sites that unfortunately remove negative reviews to make a product look better.

hausland

I recently added a Stona Grinder to my collection of grinders. It’s made of lovely materials, the craftsmanship is great, and the manual experience of grinding/milling (push down and rotate) with it has something quite wholesome…a bit like preparing ingredients for a good meal. The two blade grids (fine & medium) both cut well, fine is very fine, medium is still on the finer side. The ground material comes out very consistent and fluffy and SO fragrant, I’m very happy with the grinding results.

Downsides are that the material gets caught in the ridges of the wood mill from time to time, the blade plates’ edges are solid so sometimes I have to shake the grinder a bit to make sure all material makes it through the grid (and doesn’t just stay on the edge of the plate). The bits that seal into each other (lid into milling piece, milling piece into glass) could be just a tiny bit longer to fit a little easier — sometimes I think I’ve put the parts together fully and then notice that it’s still not in properly.

Cleaning is easy and due to the milling mechanism it’s super easy to be thorough. I read that the grinding plates are supposed to be steel, but I think they are in fact aluminum - but there is no aluminium grinding against each other, its wood (walnut in my case) on aluminum.

Did I mention it looks stunning? It’s big, not your usual grinder size, but my wife first saw it and went “oh that’s beautiful, what’s that?” When I told her it was a grinder she was well amused…she thinks it’s so pretty, she has no problem displaying it openly on a shelf in the living room.

Overall I’m very happy with this grinder, I really enjoy the material coming out of it all even and fluffy.

I own the walnut one with the black/dark grey lid. Opted for walnut because of its hardness factor.

Texus

Oh man. Came home from weeks away to a package with the new Flower Mill Premium and the new Mini. I am a long time user with no dust issues at all. But the new one also feels great in the habd and in use.

And I love the mini!!! Really great form factor. Grist great size without giving up anything much on feel. My new on-the-go grinder.

rollerskater

I recently added a Stona Grinder to my collection of grinders.
Me too; I really like it. I agree with all of your pros and cons, and would like to add a caveat that if you aren't into cleaning your things, this is not the grinder for you: the milling plate does get buildup fast and material will get caught between the "pestle" and the chamber wall and smear all over the wood, inhibiting free rotation. Mostly I bring this up for the audience bc one of the selling points for the gold-standard bcg seems to be that you ~never have to clean it.

I'd also like to alleviate your concern regarding the milling plate material: simply put, aluminum doesn't typically stick to magnets, and these plates are held in place via magnet. Cheers :cheers:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have never had a grinder that needed no cleaning, and my BCG is included in that. My SLX didn't need much cleaning either, but like the BCG it needed some. They are both simple to clean, but not free from the need. For the BCG the greatest need is the bottom piece where dust collects from the grind and needs to be periodically brushed out. Depending on the time of year there may be a static charge to blame but whatever the cause it needs attention.

cvs8floz

I have never had a grinder that needed no cleaning, and my BCG is included in that.
I actually cleaned my large BCG this morning, seems to need every 6 months or so. Just used dish soap and a vegetable brush and did the final pass with a dish towel. There were some spots on the side of the teeth that needed extra scraping to get all the gunk off but it all took less than 5 minutes.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I can see a lot of reasons to clean your BCG. When I say it never needs cleaning, I mean it never jams or has the performance affected in any way when it is dirty. Unlike my other grinders which need regular cleaning just to keep working.

The Flower Mill also never needs cleaning this way but is very different every other way.

Top Bottom