Herb Grinders

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
The only way to guarantee there is nothing "extra" in your herb is to shred it with your fingers.
Respectfully disagree; stainless steel is significantly harder than (typical) anodized aluminum and is far less likely to lose material off the teeth.
Haven't seen a hard-anodized grinder; that would be a horse of a different color.

You can use aluminum if you want, but stainless steel is superior in this application given equivalent design.

feralcomprehension,

Squidge

Butane powered
Respectfully disagree; stainless steel is significantly harder than (typical) anodized aluminum and is far less likely to lose material off the teeth.
Haven't seen a hard-anodized grinder; that would be a horse of a different color.

You can use aluminum if you want, but stainless steel is superior in this application given equivalent design.
I have read posts from people complaining about aluminium/stainless steel/hemp/wood/plastic grinders because of wear and what "might" be in their ground herb.

My point was the only way to avoid this was not to use a grinder.

Finessseee

There are several. I bought this one for travel bc the beige color (more gray IRL) *feels* more pure.

Be careful of the marketing, though. Hemp bioplastics are only about 40-60% plant material. The rest is resin, which can be either hemp or petroleum-derived.

Fine for me bc my main goal was to avoid packing a hunk of metal that might trigger TSA scrutiny. It’s legal— I just didn’t want to deal (or have to explain my vapes).

Btw, it puts out a fluffy and consistent if somewhat coarse grind (but it’s a 2 piece so just keep at it). A thick rubber band on the seam keeps it securely closed and adds a nice pop of color to boot.
Interesting.. so what’s your main grinder at home? Fingers? BCG? Or you stick with the hemp one for all purposes?

You will hear a lot of unscientific and unsubstantiated bullshit about aluminum. I am not a fan of plastic because it breaks easily.

I think it mostly depends on what you are looking for. I tend to prefer good quality materials from well-known manufacturers. But I don't think this forum is the best place to source medical advice.

ETA: whoops quoted Shit snacks but meant to reply to Finessseee. Oh well.
So what brand grinder do you use?

Finessseee,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So what brand grinder do you use?
I have many different ones that are good, but I almost always use my BCGs. They never jam and they are always smooth. They also feel great to hold. The FM is also good, but very different. I think I would have been satisfied with that if I didn't have a BCG. I like it so much I now have three and many different plates.

Happy to compare it to my other grinders, but basically the BCG stands alone. Any grinder will probably do the job, but the BCG will never let you down.

Finessseee

I wonder if these style hemp based grinders are technically more natural than the Raw / SC ones?

Option 1
Option 2

Do these seem more biodegradable / natural than the Raw / SC hemp grinders? Material looks somewhat different imo

Finessseee,

redrum891

I wonder if these style hemp based grinders are technically more natural than the Raw / SC ones?

Option 1
Option 2

Do these seem more biodegradable / natural than the Raw / SC hemp grinders? Material looks somewhat different imo

This one isn't anodized as he shows in the video, can remove every part too. He mentions about the crap coming off the teeth and how he hated that he smoked it and explains how he made the teeth to not do that, the teeth are super sharpppp

I have this grinder and the hemp based one, the hemp one works great but will need a toothbrush to clean the herb that gets stuck and wet on the teeth(as with all plastic / hemp grinders) i don't like 2 piece grinders anyways ;o

Just go all out and buy a life time grinder, go with flower mill or BCG.....the raw life grinder works perfect for joints, so fluffy. good for volcano too.

But with vaporizers, you want different sizes, determining on the vaporizer being used, so it is good to just invest in the plates.

redrum891,
Reactions: LesPlenty

redrum891

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Ss FM can be at your door in 3 days/cheaper. can mill 3 grams in 8 seconds. ez clean

mill pulls it apart and cuts it, not crush and shred/upside down grinding . just my opinion ;|

Yeah I have the og here but don't use it anymore due to some damage.

Since I condition my herb I also think the mill system is less suitable. It tends to clog and push the weed together, while my grinder is better able to cut through it.

Last edited:

redrum891

Yeah I have the og here but don't use it anymore due to some damage.
ahh, I had a nice teeth grinder so I went with a FM to see how well it worked. Either way, yeah both will work fine. Losing like .0001% of thc from crushing it, means nothing to a legal state with good flower.

If the damage wasn't caused from user error, e-mail FM and tell him your situation. even if it is your fault, he would probably give you an SS for much cheaper price. If it is FM fault, you should get a brand new SS for free

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yeah I'll get into contact. Was kind of waiting for that upgrade accessory to become available because as I understood the current premium version is the og premium version with some extra ss? So I'd just need one extra part? Or am I remembering this all wrong lol?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

redrum891

Yeah I'll get into contact. Was kind of waiting for that upgrade accessory to become available because as I understood the current premium version is the og premium version with some extra ss? So I'd just need one extra part? Or am I remembering this all wrong lol?
Just shoot a pic of your flowermill to him and the issue.

If it is the grinders fault, he will ship a brand new one to you. I don't think he can resend you a new part, he designed it to fix the issue with the dust, which all the new flowermills are good to go and in SS option. So nothing really needed upgraded on the new ones.

Also has more grooves on the top of the mill to grab the flower better. Nothing getting stuck in the sides or the hole for me. Working flawless :tup:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I ordered the rasta factory second they had! Liked the color combo too much to pass up on. I also liked the grey silver aquamarine and rose gold but I didn't really need the coarse plate. Did get a fine plate, also in gold, which should be nice to use with my herborizer.

Finessseee

so which stainless steel grinders are the best of the best? Selling my BCG in the meantime, snagged a raw hemp grinder and will eventually buy a stainless steel model around Black Friday. Is the Herb Ripper the only notable Stainless Steel grinder?

Finessseee,
Reactions: Vitolo

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
so which stainless steel grinders are the best of the best? Selling my BCG in the meantime, snagged a raw hemp grinder and will eventually buy a stainless steel model around Black Friday. Is the Herb Ripper the only notable Stainless Steel grinder?
The FM is stainless steel on the milling parts, if that interests you. I think the HR is a huge step down. It jams regularly is not at all smooth. It does a good job grinding but it is just a stainless steel Santa Cruz Shredder.

But I am sure that we have different prefrences since you are planning to sell your BCG.

Finessseee

The FM is stainless steel on the milling parts, if that interests you. I think the HR is a huge step down. It jams regularly is not at all smooth. It does a good job grinding but it is just a stainless steel Santa Cruz Shredder.

But I am sure that we have different prefrences since you are planning to sell your BCG.
I mean I love my BCG grind wise. Straight smooth as butter.. I’m just a slight hypochondriac so I’m trying to decide between a solid SS option. I do wonder if brilliant cut will release a SS option soon though? Otherwise I’ll consider the FM! Prob will wait till black Friday regardless tho

Top Bottom