Healthy Rips Rogue

C No Ego

Hey y'all I'm new to FC community, I was thinking about purchasing the Rogue or Edge but I had a concern that you guys mentioned earlier in the thread.

The silicone seals seem like it could off-gas pretty easy and emit hazardous chemicals. I trust literally everything else about the product, even the stainless steel, its just that silicone doesn't seem very safe under the high temperatures. Lmk your guys' thoughts. I might just buy it anyways since everyone loves the fury products and trusts the company.

The reason I ask is cause my main priority is safety with these vaporizers. Convection is obviously a healthier alternative to combustion but if these vaporizers bring problems of their own, then it kinda defeats the purpose of vaping cannabis imo.
I use the Fury2 WPA in all my fury vapes... they however will not fit into the Rogue herb chamber . if you get an edge look into the Fury2 Glass attachments https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffcm&q=Fury2+Glass+attachments&atb=v165-1&iax=images&ia=images

MadWhack

Hey y'all I'm new to FC community, I was thinking about purchasing the Rogue or Edge but I had a concern that you guys mentioned earlier in the thread.

The silicone seals seem like it could off-gas pretty easy and emit hazardous chemicals. I trust literally everything else about the product, even the stainless steel, its just that silicone doesn't seem very safe under the high temperatures. Lmk your guys' thoughts. I might just buy it anyways since everyone loves the fury products and trusts the company.

The reason I ask is cause my main priority is safety with these vaporizers. Convection is obviously a healthier alternative to combustion but if these vaporizers bring problems of their own, then it kinda defeats the purpose of vaping cannabis imo.
If you're concerned about silicone you can purchase the dosing capsules and remove the silicone/screen.

I wouldn't be too concern about silicone however; we eat and cook with silicone at very high temperature for a while now.
Grey/black market cannabis would be a more important concern imo (microbial, metals, pesticides, potency etc..)

I would be VERY surprised if they didn't use food grade silicone tbh.

Last edited:

510vaporent

So I have had a few sessions with the Rogue so far, and If I’m being completely honest, I’m not too sure if this was the right choice for me.

It doesn’t extract quite as quickly as I had hoped. I’m thinking I had unrealistic expectations out of a portable session vape.

Also, another user commented that their AVB is very dark, but my experience is that my AVB is like a tobacco brown at the end of a session at max temp. I was hoping to be able to finish a bowl at max temp in like three large hits with this vape, but it just isn’t built for that I guess..

As another user said the flavor is not great, but not terrible either.

It is also pretty big.. not huge but the width of it makes it pretty bulky in my pants pocket. It’s only slightly more portable than my milaana 3, because of the dosing capsules.

I definitely didn’t need this vape. That’s ok tho. It’s not a bad vape, just not quite as good (for me) as I had hoped

RTbar

So I have had a few sessions with the Rogue so far, and If I’m being completely honest, I’m not too sure if this was the right choice for me.

It doesn’t extract quite as quickly as I had hoped. I’m thinking I had unrealistic expectations out of a portable session vape.

Also, another user commented that their AVB is very dark, but my experience is that my AVB is like a tobacco brown at the end of a session at max temp. I was hoping to be able to finish a bowl at max temp in like three large hits with this vape, but it just isn’t built for that I guess..

As another user said the flavor is not great, but not terrible either.

It is also pretty big.. not huge but the width of it makes it pretty bulky in my pants pocket. It’s only slightly more portable than my milaana 3, because of the dosing capsules.

I definitely didn’t need this vape. That’s ok tho. It’s not a bad vape, just not quite as good (for me) as I had hoped
That's really weird, because I tested again and I killed a bowl in 2 hits with a jhook and WPA at 430. The ABV was dark brown.

Ita possible my (or your) unit is out of spec since it's such a new device. I'm anxious to hear more reviews so we can get a consensus of what the baseline performance should be.

On my device, anything above 400 basically kills the bowl, which is vastly different from the way the Edge performs.

Was your accessory attachment and mouthpiece difficult to remove? I emailed HR about the issue, and they basically reiterated what the video said, to use the corner and the corner of the attachment hole. I like to stir mid session, so that's kinda bummer to have to remove the stem, but they did mention is will loosen over time

Last edited:

510vaporent

That's really weird, because I tested again and I killed a bowl in 2 hits with a jhook and WPA at 430. The ABV was dark brown.

Ita possible my (or your) unit is out of spec since it's such a new device. I'm anxious to hear more reviews so we can get a consensus of what the baseline performance should be.

On my device, anything above 400 basically kills the bowl, which is vastly different from the way the Edge performs.

Was your accessory attachment and mouthpiece difficult to remove? I emailed HR about the issue, and they basically reiterated what the video said, to use the corner and the corner of the attachment hole. I like to stir mid session, so that's kinda bummer to have to remove the stem, but they did mention is will listen over time
My mouthpiece is pretty tough to remove, but not annoyingly so. Ya I was kinda wondering if mine is working right. I had a fury rebrand a few years ago and I feel like I remember it hitting at least as hard if not harder than this one... my memory could be off tho. I definitely feel like mine could go at least 20 degrees higher

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi! We hope you don't mind us jumping in here a little. We have a suggestion: Make sure you are getting little to no air seeping through your mouthpiece. You can check your mouthpiece seal by drawing through your mouthpiece with it off the device while covering the bottom MP opening with your finger (you may get a slight amount of air - but that is normal and will not affect performance). Further, make sure that your O-ring tab is aligned properly with the mouthpiece tab indentation.

We have our ROGUE dialed in - it should be powerful and consistent. Not to say that everything is always perfect in life, but there shouldn't be any variances between our ROGUE devices at this point. In reading over this feedback, we suspect that there could be a difference in the pack and/or the power of your draw. Our devices generally perform best with a fairly loose pack - filled to the top with a light tamp. There should be very low draw resistance with this pack technique as well. Taking longer steady draws should give you dense clouds and very even extraction.

If you ever need help, we are always here for you. Contact us: customerservice@healthyrips.com.

Have an awesome weekend everyone!

Healthy Rips Team

This has been a concern of mine for many years.

I think Healthy Rips has tried their best to avoid most things but unless you want wood or glass, you are left with plastic vaping devices like this and others.

In regards to the silicone, I know some people may say we cook with such but there is a big difference between touching a silcone scraper in a pan to move food around, a scraper that barely heats up, and heating up silicone in a vaporizer and breathing it into your lungs.

Food goes into the stomach and can handle a lot.

Lungs for inhalation can be problematic in the long run.

Yes you can swap out for the tiny microdosing steel chambers but that then restricts airflow.

Its tricky though because most of these vaporizers today rely on silicone to create seals. Even in Dynavap they are tiny but at least there they are out of the airflow area.

There are products out there that don't use silicone but then you run into stuff like breathing in butane. Its one of the reasons why I have not bought the sticky brick. There is no way in heck I'm using butane down a tube then breathing in lol.

Right now Im using a dynavap and getting an induction heater.

That should rule out 99% of (heating, battery, circuitry, airflow etc ) issues.

I have been looking at the fury edge and rogue but there are a few things that I'm still on the fence about. Though I hear good things from others.

Last edited:

Jason Mendoza

Hey @Jill NYC beat us to the punch with our ROGUE announcement...LOL! Our ROGUE has officially launched and is available on our website now. The ROGUE bundle is $159 including a free accessory and free USA Shipping :)

We appreciate and highly value this FC community! Thank you all again for your feedback and support!

Healthy Rips Team
I'm excited! I was hoping for a launch sale. You said the chamber size changed so the basket size would change but it looks the same. I really like the way the Flowerpot dry herb pods are made but they are taller and thinner. I have both the Flowerpot and Edge capsules. I like the Flowerpot's better. The FENIX 2.0 capsules are the best combination of the Flowerpot and Fury Edge capsules. Any chance ya'll will adopt that style? The Fury style is sold with so many others and it was used by the Fenix 1.0 that I thought it wouldn't be a unreasonable question.

This is the Fenix 2.0
FENIX-HERB-PODS.jpg

Flowerpot Dry Herb Capsule
flowermate-nano-v5-dry-herb-capsule-one-colour-image-1-67033~1575257374.jpg

Fury Capsules
1_e638c38c-ec37-4934-ae93-81e05bdfafca_1024x1024.jpg

MadWhack

Got my Rogue yesterday, I'm pretty sure this will quickly become my daily driver.

I've only tried the mouth piece with a capsule (removed silcone/screen) but overall I'm already impressed.
Great vapor clouds
Good feel in the hand
I'm using poor product so no comment on taste for now
Portable enough for me (more below)

My only real beef is first world problems:
I would have liked to have the option for heat increments in 5 or 10. The Solo can do this my holding down the button. However, holding down the button on the Rogue somewhat mitigates this problem (goes faster then a click).
- Screen is no good in sunlight. Not a big deal but also not great this was overlooked. I shouldn't complain too much however because the Arizer solo screen isn't great either.
- Physical size is chunky (width only), it might be problematic for certain activities (YMMV).

I'd say it's a solid buy if you're in the market for the features it offers. You can save by buying its little brother if you don't need the incremental improvements but this is my only fury device so I can't comment how the others perform.

Last edited:

Medivapequeen

I recently bought a tinymight and well its not the right vape for me so im selling it to fund one of these, it looks perfect for when I'm in hospital to load discreetly and go outside with the dosing caps which im used to with the mighty but ive been told this vape is pretty close to the mighty in terms of vapor. Is there any accessories you would recommend getting with it when I can afford it? Also are you on Instagram so I could have a look at your page? My name is the same as my username here.

OF

In regards to the silicone, I know some people may say we cook with such but there is a big difference between touching a silcone scraper in a pan to move food around, a scraper that barely heats up, and heating up silicone in a vaporizer and breathing it into your lungs.
Not all Silicon is food grade (which really has to do with the catalyst IIRC) nor is it all rated to the same temperature. Consider that in addition to spatulas and other tools there is also baking sheets and molds which are legitimately rated for continuous duty at 450F and more. There are also automotive uses that experience high temperatures in service but are, of course not food grade. I think we can assume HR is using such a material, it does indeed exist.

Regards to all.

OF

wattup

Well I made the decision and ordered one. I hope it works well for me although the dosing caps are quite expensive! I'm assuming you can reuse them for a while considering that?

Ordered!

I've had the edge for a few months and the capsules are sturdy, I soak them in some iso when I'm doing my general cleaning and they come out looking great.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I will do indeed. Be interesting to compare it to my mighty and the tinymight. Everything looks positive so far so fingers crossed 🤞

Nice! Didn't think you would act so fast, but it is a reasonable price, isn't it?? Yeah these capsules are way more robust than the mighty or tinymight capsules, they are a solid steel, should never need replacing unless you lose them! Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you :tup:

Medivapequeen

Nice! Didn't think you would act so fast, but it is a reasonable price, isn't it?? Yeah these capsules are way more robust than the mighty or tinymight capsules, they are a solid steel, should never need replacing unless you lose them! Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you :tup:
How do you think I ended up with the tinymight lol, I just go ah bugger to it and buy it. Hopefully this one will be perfect for what I need and its great to hear the capsules are so hard wearing. Maybe that reflects on the price but excited to try it out! And let you know :)

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Not all Silicon is food grade (which really has to do with the catalyst IIRC) nor is it all rated to the same temperature. Consider that in addition to spatulas and other tools there is also baking sheets and molds which are legitimately rated for continuous duty at 450F and more. There are also automotive uses that experience high temperatures in service but are, of course not food grade. I think we can assume HR is using such a material, it does indeed exist.

Regards to all.

OF

Hi All! We have discussed the materials we use in many past posts, on other media platforms, and on our website. From the very beginning of the formation of our company, one of our top priorities has been health & safety. We tested countless materials including the plastic, silicone, stainless steel, and everything in between - in order to outsource the very best high-temp, food grade materials available for our devices. Our philosophy has always been to use the very best materials available regardless of the cost. We thoroughly understand that this is in the best long-term interest of our clients and our company.

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
If I hadn't just bought a backup TM I would be seriously considering the Rogue. It really does seem like a decent alternative for less money. That, of course, is just speculation, but from what folks are saying and the info from the website it seems like it may be the case. I have not tried anything from this vendor yet so I have no way to really compare them.

Added: Does anyone have the dimensions of the Rogue? I can't seem to find them on the site. And is the battery replaceable?

Last edited:
Top Bottom