Discontinued Haze Square

Djsleepy

So haze recommended to only draw once you let off the button? Heat it up. After it’s green let go and draw? You never draw as you hold button down?
HAZE said.... I followed.... always take it off when it turns green . It basically heats to your preset temp and then you pull as element cools down; more than enough to get a hit so….you may not get a visible cloud but you will taste and feel it especially on low temps , first draws are GREAT ! As you heat it up you obviously you will get more vapor. But as HAZE said they worry about extraction.....not visible vapor.

Djsleepy,

MikeG7265

I got my baby back today … reminder they lowered my heating element due to fact it was rubbing on all four pods! Looked fantastic ! The element was way lower and the seal looked good all the way around.

When you say they lowered the heating element, are you referring to the heating coil itself or the ceramic housing? I seem to hear a little scraping and my pods are getting worn on the bottom. Just wondering which part needs to be lowered.

TIA

Djsleepy

When you say they lowered the heating element, are you referring to the heating coil itself or the ceramic housing? I seem to hear a little scraping and my pods are getting worn on the bottom. Just wondering which part needs to be lowered.

TIA
the ceramic was lowered I could hear mine scraping if I did it slowly and listened; also bottoms of pods were worn...man i would contact HAZE ….mine is everything now that I hoped for and the performance is phenomenal !!

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
Damn those bowls pack a lot. I’ll be a micro dose accessory for sure. Anyone try to micro dose in the current pods?
I've done light packs, just enough to cover the bottom of the pod, worked well enough. Def get better results with a full load tho.

Might do some experimentation using the oil pad as a spacer. Put the pad in then drop herb on top so when I hit it button-side up the herb is on the pad is between the heater and my material

Baron23

HAZE said.... I followed.... always take it off when it turns green . It basically heats to your preset temp and then you pull as element cools down; more than enough to get a hit so….you may not get a visible cloud but you will taste and feel it especially on low temps , first draws are GREAT ! As you heat it up you obviously you will get more vapor. But as HAZE said they worry about extraction.....not visible vapor.
So haze recommended to only draw once you let off the button? Heat it up. After it’s green let go and draw? You never draw as you hold button down?

Help me out here, guys....I had an early unit to use for a couple of days and it had an owners manual.

My dim recollection is that you push the button down, it heats up and goes green, you draw while holding the button down, and it vibrates/flashes again at the time out end of the draw.

I looked for a manual posted on their website but couldn't find one.

@Haze Vaporizers - IMO its always a good idea to have your owner's manuals posted to your website. If they are there, forgive me and please point it out with a link.

Thanks

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Help me out here, guys....I had an early unit to use for a couple of days and it had an owners manual.

My dim recollection is that you push the button down, it heats up and goes green, you draw while holding the button down, and it vibrates/flashes again at the time out end of the draw.

@Haze Vaporizers - IMO its always a good idea to have your owner's manuals posted to your website. If they are there, forgive me and please point it out with a link.

Thanks
Let me check with my team. It is posted but i will find out. I will share this week

Haze Vaporizers,

Squatch

Exister

Thanks

Here’s the link to the manual...

https://www.hazevaporizers.com/images/sq-user-guide.pdf

Squatch,

junny89

The Haze Dual V3 gave you the choice of glass or metal mouthpiece. That is cool

A glass one would be cool!
I never got the haze dual v3, not sure why I always wanted one as found it having 2 Chambers uber cool. Think when Haze announced the square I kinda just waited for that.

junny89,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
A glass one would be cool!
I never got the haze dual v3, not sure why I always wanted one as found it having 2 Chambers uber cool. Think when Haze announced the square I kinda just waited for that.
Lets see what our options are. Glass is always trouble though since it has so many variable tolerance. I will check though.

Haze Vaporizers,

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
Or maybe our manual needs to be more attractive/simpler/to the point. These are all feedback for us. Once we explained that you hold the button down and heat. You let go and stop, all of a sudden it works great now.

(Bold are mine) Never even considered it any other way, but then I have used other convection vapes and pens, which always require you to "hold button for heat". The coil will auto-regulate the heat as needed (read that somewhere on this thread) - but only if it's "on"

I tried it the other way...and well...I get almost nothin

Last edited by a moderator:
Solomon,

Baron23

Thanks, man. Couldn't find it for the life of me. So, this is what it says on this subject and its not completely without ambiguity:

To heat oven to a desired temperature press and hold Start Button. A blinking Start Button indicates the Haze Square is actively heating chamber to temperature. The Start Button will turn Green and the Square will vibrate once when it is ready for use. Green means go and it’s time to draw! Like any on demand vaporizer you should expect slightly longer heat up times earlier in the session with lower temperature draws. Once the load is “heat soaked” you will be able to achieve improved vapor production with less wait time. Draw speed and pressure can also impact the vapor output. Try slowing your draw or speeding it up to impact your vapor production to your preference.
What this doesn't clarify is if you are to continue to hold down the button throughout the draw (which I believe is what I did...but have bad CRS) nor if there is another vibration/light flash at the end of a draw (that is, does the heat cycle for a draw time out). It mentions the 45 second idle time out but not what happens when drawing or what the proper tech should be during the draw.

I'm pretty sure I used it like an MV1, hold down the button, hepatic feedback, draw, and stop drawing on the next hepatic feedback vibration.

Anyone care to school me on what is really right on this topic???:hmm::sherlock::shrug::lol:

[QUOTE="Haze Vaporizers, post: 1245554, member: 21285" Or maybe our manual needs to be more attractive/simpler/to the point. These are all feedback for us. Once we explained that you hold the button down and heat. You let go and stop, all of a sudden it works great now.

[/QUOTE] (Bold are mine) Never even considered it any other way, but then I have used other convection vapes and pens, which always require you to "hold button for heat". The coil will auto-regulate the heat as needed (read that somewhere on this thread) - but only if it's "on"

I tried it the other way...and well...I get almost nothin[/QUOTE]

Thanks...as I thought. Any end of draw time out indications?

Last edited by a moderator:

junny89

As above, just like ghost.
Press, let it heat, turns green, start you're toke and keep button pressed untill it vibrates
In the setting I have a low pitch noise set on as well so near the end of the draw it makes small pitch noises to notify me.

junny89,

Baron23

As above, just like ghost.
Press, let it heat, turns green, start you're toke and keep button pressed untill it vibrates
In the setting I have a low pitch noise set on as well so near the end of the draw it makes small pitch noises to notify me.
Yeah, well this from their FAQ page seems to undermine what we think about the heat cycle:

A: When the unit is on, the start button will be blue, you should press and hold the start button until it turns green. It will vibrate slightly and then change green signaling that the chamber is at your desired temperature. The chamber is only being heated while the start button is being pressed. The first few presses the Square may need several seconds to heat from room temperature but as the chamber becomes heat soaked it will require less time between draws.

Green means that the chamber is to your desired temperature but if you would like hotter, more visible vapor, you can continue to press and hold the button while it is green but please note that the duration of pressing is continuously applying heat to the chamber and therefore may cause combustion if held for to long. We recommend trying different combinations of temperature, material and applied heat / press duration to find the method that works best for you. If you continue to hold the start button for several seconds after it is green, the Square will vibrate a second time and auto turn off. This is a safety feature to prevent combustion and to protect the Square from overheating.

This certainly seems to imply that once it flashes green indicating you are at temp, that you let off of the power button and that there is not a draw time out as a normal operation. There is a time out after getting the "green" but its an overheat protection timer.

Its just not that clear to me how this is to be used but I'm feeling particularly dense today! LOL​

junny89

If you do that, there Is no taste/vapor for me. I've done that accidentally where I've let go of the button once its green and just nothing.
I have to keep it pressed.
Initially I have to admit I thought it was just like the ghost mv1 and all the reviews I've watched they all keep it pressed.

Haze; may you clarify things up further please as interested to know :)

Please note I do not get combusting using my method. I only get combustion if the material is clumpy not ground finely and if I tightly tightly pack it.

Surprised to see I'm using it wrong lol haha
Learn something new every day!

junny89,

Barnacleaz

I haven't noticed the coil staying on if I keep the button pressed to sustain the heat (in the dark). When you pulse the heater, it only glows for a few seconds. So, I'm led to believe I should just let go when green, but sometimes you might need a bigger boost (cold start, elevation, too baked to remember you already pressed it, etc.). I haven't found the right balance yet, either, but it's growing on me just the same. When I get a terpy bubbly tickle on my tongue (someone said mouthwashy), I'm satisfied. :p

MonkeyTime

Just for my own clarification, I went and dug out my directions, there's no version or date on it, but it reads the same as what @Baron23 posted in post #2305. So, while what has been passed along may have changed some, the official directions haven't. I also noticed again, forgot about this, but what they put in box was only a Quick Start Guide.

I've used mine like most, hold the button until heated, continue holding button until the 10 Second vibration for auto shut off or until I wanted to stop my inhaling. Often, I stopped a few seconds earlier to allow the load some cooling while I finished.

MonkeyTime,

ginolicious

Yeah, well this from their FAQ page seems to undermine what we think about the heat cycle:

A: When the unit is on, the start button will be blue, you should press and hold the start button until it turns green. It will vibrate slightly and then change green signaling that the chamber is at your desired temperature. The chamber is only being heated while the start button is being pressed. The first few presses the Square may need several seconds to heat from room temperature but as the chamber becomes heat soaked it will require less time between draws.

Green means that the chamber is to your desired temperature but if you would like hotter, more visible vapor, you can continue to press and hold the button while it is green but please note that the duration of pressing is continuously applying heat to the chamber and therefore may cause combustion if held for to long. We recommend trying different combinations of temperature, material and applied heat / press duration to find the method that works best for you. If you continue to hold the start button for several seconds after it is green, the Square will vibrate a second time and auto turn off. This is a safety feature to prevent combustion and to protect the Square from overheating.

This certainly seems to imply that once it flashes green indicating you are at temp, that you let off of the power button and that there is not a draw time out as a normal operation. There is a time out after getting the "green" but its an overheat protection timer.

Its just not that clear to me how this is to be used but I'm feeling particularly dense today! LOL​

I read that the exact same way. Get the light green and then release the button when you draw.

ginolicious,
Top Bottom