• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Haze Square

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
After getting a square back from HAZE has anyone still combusted after?
I had my first combustion...it was light, only a few black specks in the abv but I could taste it. I had the pods packed pretty much full, a lot fuller than I usually do em. Thinking it was just too full/tight.

Jambi619,
Reactions: Whisper

b0

Cloudy...
I had my first combustion...it was light, only a few black specks in the abv but I could taste it. I had the pods packed pretty much full, a lot fuller than I usually do em. Thinking it was just too full/tight.

Convection vapes doesn't like packing usually. Is it different with the Square?

b0,
Reactions: Summer

Petunia Vanish

Heard a good question awhile ago : when vaping/traveling do i need to keep the square in any particular way? (Which way is up, button down?)

Petunia Vanish,
Reactions: mfw0mb

ginolicious

Heard a good question awhile ago : when vaping/traveling do i need to keep the square in any particular way? (Which way is up, button down?)

Some prefer the button facing down. That way the pods are up right. There is actual no specific way in which it’s required to be held. It’s all personal preference and what works best for you.

Last edited:

Baron23

They are not better. Just different option. Members here expressed interest in plain silver stainless pods instead of anodized current pods and we are bringing these as accessories. Cosmetically, it may look better. We will see how they perform first.
Ok, now I'm confused. I thought that early pods where the anodized aluminum and that, when ready, later pods were going to be QPQ SS. Are you now going with untreated SS?

Baron23,

subway13029

Still going strong here.. I did burn the crap out of myself checking on a pod earlier..I have been able to go up in temps but have yet to hook it up to computer and change temps yet..we will see how that goes.. one thing to note..I’m so bad about loading a single pod and then putting unit back together and forgetting to tUrn the unit to the filled pod and I’ll take a few empty hits until I realize I gotta turn it to the pod that is actually loaded..lol

b0

Cloudy...
Still going strong here.. I did burn the crap out of myself checking on a pod earlier..I have been able to go up in temps but have yet to hook it up to computer and change temps yet..we will see how that goes.. one thing to note..I’m so bad about loading a single pod and then putting unit back together and forgetting to tUrn the unit to the filled pod and I’ll take a few empty hits until I realize I gotta turn it to the pod that is actually loaded..lol

That's cause you need to load the 4 of them! :lol:

django7

I was able to update the firmware on my Square, and it did indeed fix the delayed charging problem.

So, yay :)

In other news, I discovered that the silver screens get plugged with resin pretty quickly, and you can't really tell that they are plugged when looking at them, because you can't shine light through them when they are installed.

I was getting poor performance and hot spots in a couple of the bowls.

I took out the screens and thoroughly cleaned them. I had to use a brush and iso to get all the holes unplugged completely. There was also a fair amount of resin inside the little parts that direct the air.

This made a HUGE difference. Vapor production went way up, and air draw was much easier. It makes sense, of course, but I didn't realize how vital cleaning those screens was (and the cans, too -- those holes also need to be clear so air can pass freely).

Anyone else who's having hot spots or low vapor, scrub those screens and cans. It will help :)

Note to Haze: Any chance of getting screens with bigger holes?

Overall, I've become happier with the Square as I've become more used to how it works. It's not the easiest device to use, and you have to actually pay attention when drawing, but it sure does produce great vapor when you use it right.

Stdudez

@Haze Vaporizers - is the 2nd wave of preorders still on target for a end of May/early June shipment?

I am also curious if the 2nd wave will ship with some if the various fixes that have been necessary (seal issues, firmware/charging issue, bigger o-rings on the mouthpeice)

Thanks for any updates for those of us eagerly awaiting joining the ranks of the satisfied new Haze Square owners! :rockon:

Stdudez,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
@Haze Vaporizers - is the 2nd wave of preorders still on target for a end of May/early June shipment?

I am also curious if the 2nd wave will ship with some if the various fixes that have been necessary (seal issues, firmware/charging issue, bigger o-rings on the mouthpeice)

Thanks for any updates for those of us eagerly awaiting joining the ranks of the satisfied new Haze Square owners! :rockon:
Yes. The wave 2 is still scheduled end of the month or beginning of June shipments.

Seal issue addressed, new firmware, trying to get mpc rings ready as well.

I received my unit yesterday and have had no problems so far. Definitely good pefodmance wise and I have not combusted at all. In fact I have found it sometimes to be difficult to get my abv super brown lol. But I’m enjoying it so far. I don’t sense any seal issue here.

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
I received my unit yesterday and have had no problems so far. Definitely good pefodmance wise and I have not combusted at all. In fact I have found it sometimes to be difficult to get my abv super brown lol. But I’m enjoying it so far. I don’t sense any seal issue here.
Glad you are enjoying it. All later shipment units were checked for this.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
So, I got my haze square back friday after a week or so of being in the shop and I'm not sure if I'm STILL having a seal issue or if its my technique or something else entirely.

I'm reading folks post about effortless vapor...but i have to hit this harder than the swift pro to get minimal vapor?

I did almost combust twice since I got it back (I THINK I may have had the air intake blocked)

when I hold down the button to heat I can see the coil glow for a split second when the light turns green then it completely fades out and if I hit the button multiple times in a draw it will increase performance slightly.

it also increases performance if a feather the air intake

the best sessions I have are on a full charge but after two chambers the struggle to pull anything visible is hard at best.

also my avb does not get dark at all even if pushed hard at the highest temp setting.

these are a couple pictures of my heater/seal...
the mouthpiece seal seems to sit slightly higher than the one around the heater.

hn50fdn.jpg

RzQxNcL.jpg

qFACj2w.jpg

so the question is... am I 'doing it wrong?'

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: Summer

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
How difficult is the draw? It should have very little resistance, for good air flow. Clean the screens, make sure every hole is clear.

Your seal looks just like mine, so I think it’s good.
I did a deep cleaning yesterday. the draw resistance is minimal and it doesn't sound as 'airy as before.

EDIT: I reset the seal myself and I got a decent hit before the square died....charging it now and will report back

2nd Edit 'reset' seal:
mWyWaVF.jpg

bUVY8MS.jpg

Last edited:

subway13029

I did a deep cleaning yesterday. the draw resistance is minimal and it doesn't sound as 'airy as before.
Yeah man sound like something wrong..have you changed temp? I get vapor clouds on every level..with any bud. Hold button down and as soon as light turna green start inhalingand then feq seconds release button but keep drawing..i hear pwople saying they aee coil glow..i cant see mine at all..when my units are together i cant see coil.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Yeah man sound like something wrong..have you changed temp? I get vapor clouds on every level..with any bud. Hold button down and as soon as light turna green start inhalingand then feq seconds release button but keep drawing..i hear pwople saying they aee coil glow..i cant see mine at all..when my units are together i cant see coil.
you don't see the coil at all...look through the screen on the side, while cuffing your hand over it to block the light?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just a little update that I am still having pretty inconsistent results with mine. Sometimes I get nothing, often it is a small hit regardless of temp, typically can't quite extract it all the way so not getting as many hits as I should for the amount loaded... I don't know sometimes my friend gets amazing hits better than me at the same temp, sometimes I can get good hits only by doing a double button press (though that can risk getting a much higher temp hit, once got some semi char spots in my bowl... I did have one all out combustion event when I was trying to load a very shallow layer and used a mesh screen on top to keep it flat... Seems to work really well at first then at 380 it combusted in one spot black as the rest was still pretty green... What is cool is how the other vapor paths are all still clean to use)

I have gotten some good results with a full bowl coarse ground, but still there is a lot left in the bowl after vapor stops producing... So I got some really nice low temp hits that are strong because of how much is loaded, but I cannot get as much as I should be. The battery certainly couldn't get through for bowls I don't think like this either, so I'm not sure how much is me and how much is this particular unit. Still in no rush and happy to wait as improvements continue to be implemented, I have had the seal fixed so not sure exactly what's up, keep testing different strains and loads. I haven't really done a fine grind because seems everything would get much dirtier that way and is not super convenient to grind so fine... By the way after every bowl I poke out the holes of the top screen to keep it free flowing like I used to in the T1

Top Bottom