• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Haze Dual V3

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I hope Haze Tech., while updating the warranty policy does not make it more difficult for the people with actual unit problems/failures not caused by human error to get replacements. Maybe a grandfather clause would be nice for the original release or earlier release owners. The people who have been with Haze and working with them from near the start. I'm just throwing ideas around for a better piece of mind for some folks. Plus I already thought the warranty policy stated Haze Tech. won't cover breakage from drops, water damage or incorrect use.

I know of many people that buy/own nice things and never do regular upkeep on these items. My point is that it should not make it more difficult for those of us with actual unit issues/failures. If that is going to be the case of course.

Is the Haze company having any type of internal or corporate problems? I'm just curious because the communication from them has broken down somewhat.

I don't plan on going anyplace I love my Haze. That being said just because they are growing does not mean they should stop the great service, the family feeling for its employees or sell out later on. I've seen this happen with other vaporizer companies. Change is not always needed or good. Like the wheel for instance it has been working great for centuries. :) Please stay different Haze it's what has been working for you all along. As always cheers and I'll chime in later it's time for my medicine.

pS. I've received a (nice ratio) trophy......yay! Thanks FC & members.

:bigleaf:

Last edited:

jdent3

Does anyone else's chamber switch wiggle slightly when in the middle position (off)? Mine wiggles slightly, not enough to open or anything. Just wondering if that's normal. Thanks!

scottg402

I hope Haze Tech., while updating the warranty policy does not make it more difficult for the people with actual unit problems/failures not caused by human error to get replacements. Maybe a grandfather clause would be nice for the original release or earlier release owners. The people who have been with Haze and working with them from near the start. I'm just throwing ideas around for a better piece of mind for some folks. Plus I already thought the warranty policy stated Haze Tech. won't cover breakage from drops, water damage or incorrect use.

I know of many people that buy/own nice things and never do regular upkeep on these items. My point is that it should not make it more difficult for those of us with actual unit issues/failures. If that is going to be the case of course.

Is the Haze company having any type of internal or corporate problems? I'm just curious because the communication from them has broken down somewhat.

I don't plan on going anyplace I love my Haze. That being said just because they are growing does not mean they should stop the great service, the family feeling for its employees or sell out later on. I've seen this happen with other vaporizer companies. Change is not always needed or good. Like the wheel for instance it has been working great for centuries. :) Please stay different Haze it's what has been working for you all along. As always cheers and I'll chime in later it's time for my medicine.

pS. I've received a (nice ratio) trophy......yay! Thanks FC & members.

:bigleaf:
Ichi maybe we shoud talk about this in private. I have been in contact you via email and over PM. Last messages were just yesterday. Please help me to understand how communication is breaking down?

Does anyone else feel that way?

Regarding warranty claims. Well we are reasonable people and we are not trying to make it difficult for anyone. However sometimes people take advantage of it. We are going to tighten things up to make sure we protect ourselves. More importantly we want to focus our time on innovation and releasing new products rather than dealing with issues caused from user neglect. Now we owe it to people to tell them up front on what we expect. That is why you will see some changes in our processes and with the information we provide at the time of purchase.

User neglect is somewhat subjective but we are going to outline what we need. If the customer feels differently from what we see on an individual issue then we will always listen in hopes of finding some common ground.

rshetts

Unfortunately, Ive seen the pictures of some of these returns and yes, Haze needs to lock some things down to protect itself from customer abuse of their generous return policies. I get where youre coming from Ichi, those of us who handle things properly dont want to have to deal with any additional hassle due to the asshats out there who abuse the Pay it Forward/warranty programs. The Pay it Forward program abuse especially angers me. This is an act of charity that also rewards the customer. Its a fantastic program that benefits medical patients in need and sending in a messed up, unusable unit is a crappy thing to do. You are not only taking advantage of an excellent program, you are depriving a person in need with your selfishness. You are also putting the program at risk for those who are using it properly. My Haze was returned in fully working, freshly cleaned condition. I didnt do that because I was afraid of any repercussions, I did that because I knew that someone in need was going to inherit my Haze and I wanted them to have the best unit possible. I wanted to believe that when the new owner got my old Haze that they enjoyed it to its fullest and some part of them thanked me for it even though they have no idea who I am. Anyone who feels otherwise, shouldnt be in the program, in my honest opinion.

edited to add: Heres a thought, if someone returns a Pay it Forward unit that is trashed beyond the point of use or recovery, you should send them the old unit back and donate the new one to a cancer patient. Yeah, I know that would create a whole lot of problems but damn if it wouldnt be excellent karma.

Kakaxxot

Oi, I feel bad for posting this on this page but here we go anyway.

Two days ago I had a weird problem with my Haze (v2.5). It randomly shut off in the middle of a smoke. The battery didn't run out, it was a fresh battery, it wasn't from idle time, I wasn't smoking any slower than I usually do, it just turned off. I closed the lid and opened it again, it came back on, went back to smoking. Happened again a few minutes later. I popped the battery lid open, closed it, turned back on. I finished my session, put it away and didn't use it again until yesterday where the same thing happened (and I used the second battery too in case it was an issue with the single battery). I have not used it any differently than I normally do. I have not used it today, I don't plan to for several hours, but I'm just going to go out on a limb and say it might happen again.

Any ideas on this? Bad unit? Exchange time?

Unrelated to the technical issue above, how much does a bowl in the Haze hold?

Kakaxxot,
Reactions: scottg402

Betty White

I'm looking for a case for the Haze3, cans and batteries. I remember reading about it, but I can't find the posts. Can anyone help me?

scottg402

Oi, I feel bad for posting this on this page but here we go anyway.

Two days ago I had a weird problem with my Haze (v2.5). It randomly shut off in the middle of a smoke. The battery didn't run out, it was a fresh battery, it wasn't from idle time, I wasn't smoking any slower than I usually do, it just turned off. I closed the lid and opened it again, it came back on, went back to smoking. Happened again a few minutes later. I popped the battery lid open, closed it, turned back on. I finished my session, put it away and didn't use it again until yesterday where the same thing happened (and I used the second battery too in case it was an issue with the single battery). I have not used it any differently than I normally do. I have not used it today, I don't plan to for several hours, but I'm just going to go out on a limb and say it might happen again.

Any ideas on this? Bad unit? Exchange time?

Unrelated to the technical issue above, how much does a bowl in the Haze hold?
Hi @Kakaxxot welcome to the forum. I will send you a PM on the unit turning off. There are a number of steps to diagnose this.

Regarding your question on chamber size you are looking at ~.25g depending on how fine you grind.

Edit:

@Betty White We sell one on our homepage that will carry everything. I also used an Otterbox Pursuit 40 in the past.

Betty White

Edit:

USER=21078]@Betty White[/USER] We sell one on our homepage that will carry everything. I also used an Otterbox Pursuit 40 in the past.
Thank you Scott. I will check it out. I know you have Halloween specials, but I don't need everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Betty White,
Reactions: scottg402

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
@scottg402 please don't read to far into things my friend. I'm very objective here on FC no matter what the thread may be. On the communication tip. It's Like this. Over a year and a half or more so ago one person would contact me within hours to no more than a few days. When I mean one person I mean the same person. If I was going to be dealing with another person at Haze Tech. Haze would notify me and also pass along all pertinent information to the next individual helping me. The past few months this is no longer the case. Some of my messages sent to certain individuals still have not been replied to by those individuals. Or.....someone new gets back to me I've never dealt with and for sone reason does not read about my concerns or my information had not been passed onto them for review. These are of course my thoughts of confusion as to why. I'm not upset nor bashing Haze if you look at it all. I'm just confused at to why this happens now when it use to not. At least in my case. Scott you are great so don't take my last post personally. You have been all over the ball. Kudos for that. This is a forum also and I'm just expressing what is going on. I'll never and I've never divulged any private conversation I've had in any public threads. I respect my relationships and others privacy immensely. If I could work with/for Haze Tech. Someday I would be in Haze heaven. If you've not already, you should go back and check out how much I love you guys/gals at Haze.

@rshetts thanks for seeing my point/concerns. I totally agree with you on all of your other thoughts and points too. That's pretty nasty of people to be sticking it to individuals in need. Those are some thoughtless, apathetic and petty folks for sure. Haze blows all others away with their quality and service. The customers should follow suit as well.

@Kakaxxot One correction. You are no longer smoking. You are purely vaporizing when you use the Haze. ;) From what you've said it sounds like you are taking the correct path to address your issue. If it keeps up after trouble shooting a little more then yes it's exchange time. Have no worries Haze is covering your 6 at all times. Cheers

@scottg402 I just got to your private messages. Roger that! Everything sounds clear, great and on the level. You'll be hearing from me personally in a couple of weeks. Thanks for stepping up to be the new guy in my crew, so to speak. My next Haze pull is in your honor. :science::clap::tup:

@Slow Draw McGraw you're killing me again and here and now. I say this because I respect your skill in regards to vaporizing and torturing other members, me included with information here on FC. I can't wait but I'll have to. Damn it!

Edit: you just had to with video now too. Oh the sweet pain. That's the style I like. Action shots! Thanks again.

Ps Illmatic I believe and I like the NAS title reference dually. Tip oh thee hat to you sir.

@jdent3 I cannot as of yet comment to your question in regards to the V3. However on all previous versions there may be some play on the selector/power switch. Maybe an eighth of an inch in either direction. But nothing should be swinging freely. They all seemed to stay in the off position cccorrectly.
:bang:
:cheers:

Last edited:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Represent.

Haze V3 setting 3 hit and setting 4 hit.
I was using my FC UFO Version 2 glass. That piece is big, so that should tell you how the HAZE can hang. Sorry for the excessive cranberry extract. The silicone adapter I'm using is something I rigged up in January of this year. Works great.
On the second hit there was so much vapor I had to release it quickly.

Here's the set up:
3NLqN3d.jpg

Last edited:

scottg402

@ichibaneye, I get it. Haze has done a great job taking care of folks on a very personal level. This especially for those folks like us who were there early on providing feedback. I probably have 500+ emails from the time I started as a customer to the time I started as an employee.

Also please trust me that we want to retain that same level of personalized service and that family vibe. As we grow we are going to be dealing with a bit of pain in that department. We are still small and everyone wears multiple hats to support the cause. For example, I work sales (both wholesale and retail), troubleshoot service, help out answering service inquiries (mostly email but I do make calls), help with warranty and PIF returns and have full ownership of the threads (FC, Vaporence, GC). Everyone there puts in 110% and sacrifices in the short term to support our long term success. It's something you learn and are prepared for before you step foot in the door on day 1. We all have our core responsibilities but are very much engaged in whatever it takes to keep us going.

Since I own the service on the thread you can contact me (that goes for everyone else too) and I will keep tabs on your needs, requests and input.

Ok now that we have that cleared up I also want to apologize to everyone for bringing down the vibe on this thread. No more bullshit crying about the condition these vapes come back in. As a few of you have mentioned it's more likely NOT the people on FC treating their gear this way so no sense in bitching to you.

Back to your regular scheduled programming of positive vibes and sharing of information. I think @SlowDrawMcGraw kicked us back off right with that sweet video! Thanks my friend!

Last edited:

virtualpurple

I need to ditto the video posted by @Slow Draw McGraw. My Haze V3 is an absolute beast and fills my UFO with thick vapor far quicker than I would have ever expected. It milks out as quickly as my underdog. It fills the bubbler quicker than my EVO and WAY quicker/denser than my Herbalizer.

I am expecting 2 other portables to ship my way in October. While I am eager to have them in hand I am really glad that I received my Haze V3 first because I have be been with Haze since early on and always felt well taken care of. And I know now with @scottg402 in the game that I can relax even further.

To echo what others have said, I very much see the need for Haze to review how they handle warranty and upgrade issues when they recieve so many ill-maintained units. I find it frustrating from a consumer perspective that there are people taking advantage of such a great crew and that people are taking such poor care of a device that takes such good care of them.

Haze has always been off the charts for me and it tends to be the no. 1 device that I recommend either in this forum or outside because this thing does it all, and it takes away a lot of the guesswork or fiddling that some vapes require.

Kaptan

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but has anyone that owns a Crafty stated their thoughts on how the version 3 unit compares?

Kaptan,

scottg402

Hey @Kaptan there are several C/M owners on the thread. I have a Crafty but since I am a rep. I will refrain from comparison. However I know @stickstones, @SlowDrawMcGraw, @Vape Dr., and @Mainoffender are all V3 holders and C/M owners. I might be mistaken but I thought @subway13029 has a Mighty too. I'm sure there are others I am not thinking about but maybe one of these folks can chime in on the subject.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but has anyone that owns a Crafty stated their thoughts on how the version 3 unit compares?

I think they're completely different. The Crafty is one of the best hitting portables on the market, imo. I can huff on it hard and get good clouds, and it fully extracts with a pretty quick heat up time. and it's small enough.

The Haze is a conduction vape primarily, with a convection mod that works well. But you still need to give it a slightly slower draw than the Crafty to get good hits. What's cool about the Haze is everything the Crafty isn't. Dual chambers, multiple bowls can be loaded for on the go, incredibly versatile in its use, and all the batteries you could ever want.

These units really hit different needs and markets. They both do their job well, it's just different jobs. Other than the obvious fact that they both produce vapor!

Mainoffender

I think they're completely different. The Crafty is one of the best hitting portables on the market, imo. I can huff on it hard and get good clouds, and it fully extracts with a pretty quick heat up time. and it's small enough.

The Haze is a conduction vape primarily, with a convection mod that works well. But you still need to give it a slightly slower draw than the Crafty to get good hits. What's cool about the Haze is everything the Crafty isn't. Dual chambers, multiple bowls can be loaded for on the go, incredibly versatile in its use, and all the batteries you could ever want.

These units really hit different needs and markets. They both do their job well, it's just different jobs. Other than the obvious fact that they both produce vapor!
Well said @stickstones. My Mighty's draw sounds identical to your Crafty. I would say Haze is a true portable (the V3 even more then the 2.5) as the new materials seem bulletproof where my Mighty is better suited for home use.

scottg402

Good day everyone! I just wanted to give everyone a bit of an update on what we are doing with the Pay-it-Forward Upgrade program.

As you all know our good friend @Vitolo is unable to accept units to be repurposed for those in need. I am getting some suitable units and I am saving those for when the time is right.

In the meantime the word on the program is getting out. I just yesterday sent a unit to a wounded war vet. who contacted us. He sent us an email with his story and a picture. We had a nice chat and at the end of it I felt he was a good candidate so we sent him out a unit only charging him shippping (as much as I would love to pick this up we just can't for everyone).

We recieved another email yesterday from a young man named Vladimir Ayriyan who lives in southern California. Vlad is afflicted with a disease called Friedreich's Ataxia which affects the heart and nervous system. We exchanged a few emails and I was touched so I took lamlarrytoo's pristine unit that just came in and packed it up for Vlad. Here is more on his story.
I sent Vlad some cleaning tips and told him to check out this forum. If he wanted to join he would be welcomed with open arms and there were many people here who could help him with his usage questions.

So yesterday was kind of a bad day for the program but TODAY IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!

Thanks to everyone who continues to participate in this program and supports getting devices like the Haze into the hands of these very special recipients.

I think I speak for all of them when I say they very much appreciate it and I think I speak for all the donors when I say we very much appreciate them!

Last edited:

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
Good day everyone! I just wanted to give everyone a bit of an update on what we are doing with the Pay-it-Forward Upgrade program.

As you all know our good friend @Vitolo is unable to accept units to be repurposed for those in need. I am getting some suitable units and I am saving those for when the time is right.

In the meantime the word on the program is getting out. I just yesterday sent a unit to a wounded war vet. who contacted us. He sent us an email with his story and a picture. We had a nice chat and at the end of it I felt he was a good candidate so we sent him out a unit only charging him shippping (as much as I would love to pick this up we just can't for everyone).

We recieved another email yesterday from a young man named Vladimir Ayriyan who lives in southern California. Vlad is afflicted with a disease called Friedreich's Ataxia which affects the heart and nervous system. We exchanged a few emails and I was touched so I took lamlarrytoo's pristine unit that just came in and packed it up for Vlad. Here is more on his story.
I sent Vlad some cleaning tips and told him to check out this forum. If he wanted to join he would be welcomed with open arms and there were many people here who could help him with his usage questions.

So yesterday was kind of a bad day for the program but TODAY IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!

Thanks to everyone who continues to participate in this program and supports getting devices like the Haze into the hands of these very special recipients.

I think I speak for all of them when I say they very much appreciate it and I think I speak for all the donors when I say we very much appreciate them!
awsome stuff Scott! glad to hear such good news especially after the downer talk from yesterday. That's awesome that not only are units being sent to those who could really use them but that its not through a 3rd party but they are actually hearing about you guys and straight up contacting you

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep

:clap:
Goes to show its not just about vaporizing, its about people. People working together. People helping each other, close or far.

subway13029

Yes I do have a haze v3 and a mighty as well..to be straight up honest these two are my daily driver portables for different reasons..mighty is a vapor producing alien machine from outer space!!that I mainly use with a glass adapter thru my purr travel bubbler..it has become my on the go home unit..lol..and as for my hAze 3.. It has taken the place as my dry portable that I can take anywhere..it also produces as much vapor as I want which is nice when billowing vapor isn't an option,.i take the haze on walks with the dog..to the ballgame..when I wanna hit some shatter through my vape..it's like a utilitarian tool..I hope I said that right..it is so easy and convenient..I also own the arizer air and the hammer,vapman,peace,lily,fm mini, Mflb,Imag+,and the minivap for portables the haze is my can do everything..and @scottg402 is the man!!

rshetts

Thats what its all about. Its fantastic to get a nice new V3 in return but honestly I was very happy with my V 2.5 and if the PIF program did not exist, I would still be vaping happily away with my old Haze and not be missing a beat. Of course Haze, being the awesome company they are does have the PIF program and its great to hear that the good that it provides continues on in spite of the injustice that put Vitolo on the sidelines. Thanks for the update, Scott!

subway13029

One thing though..my solid cirlcle side oven lid had come loose from the grate..i saw a diy on here i think, but still a little confusing..

subway13029,
Top Bottom