• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Haze Dual V3

sk1

My little review of the unit.
Sorry if my english is not good :)

I really enjoy the design and general build quality of the product.
The battery life is also a big plus, and the hability to change batteries with ease is also amazing.
The options to fill two ovens and start your sessions is also great for me as I share the unit with my wife.

But what impressed me most was the TASTE that I've got with this little thing.
I have one Pax (first version) and a Desktop Arizer Exteme Q.
I used them last week to compare and I can say that, at least my perception is that I get more flavor out of Haze than from my other two units.

The first draw you not get really much visible vapor, but the flavor is really intense and pure.

One thing to have in mind is that you should really wait like 30~40 seconds between draws. This way, at least me and my other half, got perfect draws.

I am still learning the best packing / screen / set / draw to use, but so far the experience has been awesome. This is a very forgiving unit.

I've been using it always on the temperature 2, will also check other temperatures.

Thanks A LOT scott for the all the help and awesome support. Big congratulations for all the Haze team (engineers, desingers, etc). You guys nailed it. This product is really good.

Thanks again :)

little maggie

Ed has a model of an adapter for the Haze stem- there's a picture on his thread. He wrote that he's not sure he's going to make more. But it looks like he has the V3 to fool around with. Does anyone know where I can get a gong for the Haze 3?

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Ed has a model of an adapter for the Haze stem- there's a picture on his thread. He wrote that he's not sure he's going to make more. But it looks like he has the V3 to fool around with. Does anyone know where I can get a gong for the Haze 3?
Check out @Ratchett on the forum and his SonG's (Silicone on Glass) Adapters.:tup:

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
@sk1 I just wanted to mention never pack the Haze loads. Grind fine if you go real fine add a screen on top of the load to cut down on any product getting in the AP. As for the best combo that's all personal preference when said and done. Happy vaporizing! :)

@little maggie do you have a Ed's tnt wong for one of the earlier version Haze units? If you do is the fit to tight with the V3 Haze? If so couldn't anyone just do some sanding on the wong. I'm going to try this if this the case. Cheers.

Ps. if the sanding does work I'm starting a new service for all of you Haze owners. ;) lol.....

Last edited:

bibblybobbly

When I used to use my Vaponic (glass + blowtorch), I must have been doing it wrong. Because I came home last night (a little drunk) and fired up the Haze - after a 15-20 minute session, I was psychedelically stoned! With the Vaponic, I'd never get that baked, and I didn't get that many hits before it combusted. I used to think vaporizing couldn't pack the same punch as smoking, but I was very wrong.

The Haze seems to make the herb go very far without burning, even with the conduction screen and long sessions up to temp 4. You would expect the layer at the bottom of the oven to get charred, but it seems to heat through very evenly.

rshetts

I had a good conversation with a friend regarding vaping vs combustion in general and how the Haze has helped my cut combustion out of my routine. I wanted to share the basics of that talk with the people here at FC.
Ive worked with several friends on converting. They convince themselves that something is missing from the vapor buzz and that somehow makes it a less enjoyable experience. Vaping most certainly brings a different effect than smoking. Smoking adds combustion, which throws all sorts of icky stuff into the equation, like carcinogens. Your body reacts to these poisons entering your system and that effect is whats "missing" when a toker makes the switch to vapor. If you can get them fully off combustion for a few weeks, the illusion that they are getting a lesser high off vapor diminishes as your body adjusts to the difference. In the end they usually realize that the high is not lesser, its just different, cleaner and actually better. Add in the fact that is far more cost effective and usually they are sold on the switch. Still, some resist and in the end, if someone is going to go back to combustion, its pretty much always due to habit and convenience. Ive found out that the hard core tokers who want to switch, will only do so one way. They have to commit to completely giving up combustion and go vape only. The old adage, "Old habits die hard" is true for a reason. If a person wants to switch to vaping, they cant slowly wean themselves. It doesnt work because they will always fall back to the old habit of combustion. The familiarity, convenience and the comfort level a combustion habit is a powerful draw. This realization has helped me assist several friends to make the switch. Remember, eventually vaping will become the norm for them and thats when youve won the battle.
The last road block Ive found is the issue of convenience. Thats one of the things that makes the Haze so great. Its so easy to use and so convenient. I have 6 cans and 4 batteries. I can pre set my cans and be good for a couple of days, where all I have to do is swap cans and Im good to go. It doesnt get much easier or convenient than that!
Anyway, sorry for the ramble. I figured some of you may be trying to help friends out with the switch and perhaps my insight might be of some small assistance. Because after all...... Fuck Combustion!

mikeben

V3 certainly does some serious clouds at setting 2 and 3 with the new dry herb cans. It may sound a strange setup but I used some shatter with the dry herb cans as well (holding it up), just to test the air flow and man...setting 3 will let you do 8-10 tasty yet cloudy draws. Love the new cans.

I plan to try Shatter for the first time in a few days. Any advice period, or to keep on topic which can lid will work best with high quality shatter and the V3?

rshetts The Haze V3 got me to stop combusting for good as I finally had a machine that was easy enough to use, always had a battery ready, and really had the flavor. I hadn't had all three essential things before though I gradually vaped more and more as opposed to combusting over the last few years. I wrote a bit about this on my V2 pro review. Basically the battery gave me a lot of problems so I needed to combust a little at times with it as my go to, as I use flowers medically.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Mine is the 2.5 if it's the bit I think I have taken mine off a few times (just because I could :mental:) and fitted it again.

The silicone bit that holds the metal plates that cover the ovens, there are flaps on the silicone and they fit over the bits on the honeycomb door, I used a toothpick from the outside through the honeycomb to clip it back on.

I will try and do some pics as it's hard to explain with words.

Edit:

It will only fit one way as there is a curve that follows the lid, it's easier to push the bottom two bits first (the ones with the flaps, yellow arrows) then push the top two on, then from the outside push a toothpick in and down the side of the hard plastic and spin it as you pull it out and the flaps should clip on properly, it might take a few goes to get it right I've done it a few times and it still takes about 5 mins.
Thanks, I was able to put back the left one (on your pic) but the second one is more difficult and I wasn't yet able to put it back...

PPN,

bibblybobbly

I had a good conversation with a friend regarding vaping vs combustion in general and how the Haze has helped my cut combustion out of my routine. I wanted to share the basics of that talk with the people here at FC.
Ive worked with several friends on converting. They convince themselves that something is missing from the vapor buzz and that somehow makes it a less enjoyable experience. Vaping most certainly brings a different effect than smoking. Smoking adds combustion, which throws all sorts of icky stuff into the equation, like carcinogens. Your body reacts to these poisons entering your system and that effect is whats "missing" when a toker makes the switch to vapor. If you can get them fully off combustion for a few weeks, the illusion that they are getting a lesser high off vapor diminishes as your body adjusts to the difference. In the end they usually realize that the high is not lesser, its just different, cleaner and actually better. Add in the fact that is far more cost effective and usually they are sold on the switch. Still, some resist and in the end, if someone is going to go back to combustion, its pretty much always due to habit and convenience. Ive found out that the hard core tokers who want to switch, will only do so one way. They have to commit to completely giving up combustion and go vape only. The old adage, "Old habits die hard" is true for a reason. If a person wants to switch to vaping, they cant slowly wean themselves. It doesnt work because they will always fall back to the old habit of combustion. The familiarity, convenience and the comfort level a combustion habit is a powerful draw. This realization has helped me assist several friends to make the switch. Remember, eventually vaping will become the norm for them and thats when youve won the battle.
The last road block Ive found is the issue of convenience. Thats one of the things that makes the Haze so great. Its so easy to use and so convenient. I have 6 cans and 4 batteries. I can pre set my cans and be good for a couple of days, where all I have to do is swap cans and Im good to go. It doesnt get much easier or convenient than that!
Anyway, sorry for the ramble. I figured some of you may be trying to help friends out with the switch and perhaps my insight might be of some small assistance. Because after all...... Fuck Combustion!
Very well put. I've experienced pretty much all of that; if there's one thing that keeps me coming back to combustion, it's familiarity and convenience. Half way through smoking I'll feel like "Oh damn, why did I cave? I shouldn't have done this." Or sometimes, it's because a non-vaping friend has a joint or whatever. The Haze helps, given that it's so easy and powerful. I'll be happy if I can get to smoking once or twice a month, that's about the most I've been able to cut it down to.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
This has probably been talked about I'm sure but why does the Haze have the waisted temperature of 266F? If there was a higher temp available under 400F somewhere. There seems to be large gaps in the temps between 350 and 390F

I realize the different temps are dependent on the vaporizer. You can have one vaporizer where 390F might be your fav temp but with another vaporizer your fav temp could be 375F. Different air path and where the oven is located I'm sure makes a huge difference.

Last edited:

scottg402

Hi Carol,

I know you are reading both from the front and the back so I will catch you up on this.

The V1 had that low temperature to cater exclusively to e-liquid users. The V2.5 upped that bottom level temp to one that is usable for dry herb as well. Here are the current temps on the V3:

365F, 380F, 390F and 415F

I don't like to use dry herb on level 4. The only way I would was if I was in a hurry and wanted to drop the haze on top of the bubbler for a couple quick rips. It works well that way too (many milky video's available on the thread) but I am more of a session guy so I like temp stepping from 1. YMMV

Interesting note about these temps and concentrates. The Haze senses what's in the can based on how long it's taking to heat up. I think this is a reason you can start getting some tasty clouds pretty low on the scale with your trates. I have a small supply right now so I have been doing a little testing. I am putting very small amounts (literally shards) in the cans and have been starting on level 2. I am getting a 15 solid draws and feeling alright on next to nothing!

I also tried @PeteSeattle 's liquid pad trick and did another session inverted through water. Wow awesome, zero leak. I am talking to the boss about something like this. I also tried a session without the pad and tipped the Haze around (not focusing on keeping it horizontal like you had to with the old lids) and it didn't leak. However with the pad it gave me the confidence to invert the Haze and drop it on top of my bubbler. Sweet!

rshetts

Scott, I am unaware of this "liquid pad" trick you mentioned. A friend of mine recently provided me with some really nice oil concentrate from Gorilla Glue, to assist with my post surgery recovery. I want to try it out but Im a bit concerned about using it in the Haze as Ive pretty much stuck to flower. Can you point me in the right direction to the post that trick came from?

scottg402

Scott, I am unaware of this "liquid pad" trick you mentioned. A friend of mine recently provided me with some really nice oil concentrate from Gorilla Glue, to assist with my post surgery recovery. I want to try it out but Im a bit concerned about using it in the Haze as Ive pretty much stuck to flower. Can you point me in the right direction to the post that trick came from?
Here you go sir.

Good luck with your recovery!

Lokimlin

This is a for everyone in regards to cleaning. I figured out that the best way to do a deep cleaning of the air path is to get cue-tips (cotton swabs) and just scrub the hell out of the air path. The brush is nice but it doesn't scoop much out and goop sticks to cotton. I feel like my air path is slightly restricted still because the mechanism that blocks the second oven when the first oven is in use, and vice versa, still seems a little gummed up.

The mechanism looks like it's a cylindrical thing that spins when the on switch is activated. It has a little hole for air to go through when that oven is activated and when it's closed there is no hole leading to the air path and thus blocking the air flow. I think that when this mechanism spins in mine it got gunk inside the part that I can't access. Because when I shine a light down my air path and switch the chamber's while staring at the ovens it seems that this cylindrical mechanism in my unit does not rotate fully. It only does this in regards to the oven with the filled in circle, the open circle switches just fine and has no gaps.

I really hope that made sense, most haze v3 owners probably didn't stare in the oven hole while simultaneously shining a flashlight down the main air path like I did lol. So for those that this didn't make sense to: get a flashlight, do the thing I was talking about, and you'll be able to see the mechanism that allows and blocks the flow of air from the oven to the air path.

scottg402

Here is what we recommend for cleaning:

The brush is really only for light cleaning of particulate. For a deep cleaning I use the following supplies:

*Q-tips
*Pipe Cleaners
*Isopropyl Alcohol
*Alcohol Prep-Pads

Here is a video to get you started:

We are in the process of making a new one but this will give you the basics.

Not shown in this video is the use of pipe cleaners and the use of alcohol prep pads.

The prep pads are for quick cleanings of the chambers and oven caps (stainless and silicone pads attached to theoven door). The pipe cleaners can be dipped lightly in alcohol and used to clean the hole that goes from the oven to the mouthpiece channel.

Lastly not shown in the video is how to clean the silicone lids. Notice they are put into a container. You can soak those lids in either coconut milk or just some dish soap and hot water. All of this (including the cans that come out of the alcohol) should be rinsed thoroughly with fresh water before using.

I hope all this helps. Keeping the Haze clean of resin and particulate is important to maintain top performance and taste.

Please let me know of any questions.

little maggie

What am I doing wrong? I am setting the Haze 3 up exactly like the older one. But when I first start drawing in I get bits of debris and not just air. I tend to fill my bowls minimally but I did that with the older one as well.
As for the wong- I've had trouble with the wongs and don't use mine anymore. But I love the wood stem and am going to miss that.

scottg402

What am I doing wrong? I am setting the Haze 3 up exactly like the older one. But when I first start drawing in I get bits of debris and not just air. I tend to fill my bowls minimally but I did that with the older one as well.
As for the wong- I've had trouble with the wongs and don't use mine anymore. But I love the wood stem and am going to miss that.

Hi Maggie,

What do you mean debris? Like herb bits?

What screens / can lids are you using?

scottg402

Honestly I don't know what to tell you Maggie. The chamber and airpath have the same design other than the mouthpiece being a touch more narrow.

I think the dry herb cans with the new SS lids do the best job overall of sealing all the herb in. Have you tried those yet?

Top Bottom