Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

TedJones

Agree with @MTpromises write up and I picked it up due to @Durbandream testimonials. Still getting used to the loose heater but I'll get over that. TC ain't going anywhere and i'll use it for smaller setups like this or use the 14mm joint with smaller bubblers. The QC18 is for when I want to really fly with some of the bigger rigs. Anyone using a flat mesh as opposed to the bucket style? Seemed the flat had a bit more flavor but the bucket extracted better. I've only had a few seshs w/ it so far though ..

Durbandream

Agree with @MTpromises write up and I picked it up due to @Durbandream testimonials. Still getting used to the loose heater but I'll get over that. TC ain't going anywhere and i'll use it for smaller setups like this or use the 14mm joint with smaller bubblers. The QC18 is for when I want to really fly with some of the bigger rigs. Anyone using a flat mesh as opposed to the bucket style? Seemed the flat had a bit more flavor but the bucket extracted better. I've only had a few seshs w/ it so far though ..
I go with the bucket filters, I agree they extract better than the flat filters. I use the smaller ones that I also use with my Air Max though since they go in and out a lot easier which helps a lot when cleaning. It's worth trying the QC with your 14mm pieces, I got an adapter for it and that big airflow constricted into a slightly tighter pull is really satisfying. I even used it with a 4.5" 10mm piece through 2 adapters and it was still really nice, though too ridiculous to repeat.

Durbandream

Yep, restriction is definitely your friend with the wide open stem. Usually don’t use the whip but it added some more to this, and was cool to watch from the side as well. Will pick up a 14 reducer at some point.
You just convinced me to get a whip, that looks nice. I've been mostly using the QC with this piece and it's great because it clears it so fast but I'd like to take it slow sometimes.

TedJones

Yep, saw your little one too over in the cheap bubbler thread :rockon: My first run was with the “airy” double matrix which was great, but didn’t heat enough & had a flat screen. More heat & bucket should get this one rollin! That whip is just at bit too much for me though, standard mouthpiece I like.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I've never used the 14mm QC or long Terpcicle so I can't comment on those but I have the short Terpcicle and the 18mm QC. The 18mm QC is functionally better than the short Terpcicle in every way. It's got a thick body which makes it easier to hold and handle, the loose heater might seem scary but in real life it's a joy to use compared to the Terpcicle heater because there's no fussing with it to get it off and on, and it's fairly solid so it doesn't move around much. It's also a lot harder to combust with the QC, although once you get your technique down that won't be as big a deal, but you can comfortably ride the line and get that nicely charred ABV anytime you want with confidence where with the Terpcicle there's always the worry in the back of your mind it'll light up.

As far as experience, the two biggest differences are flavor and effects. Flavorwise there's no contest, the QC has rich flavor that lasts throughout the session, the Terpcicle has pretty good flavor that lasts the first couple of hits then tastes like burnt popcorn (I'm sure this varies based on amount of weed, heat, etc). Effects are the reason you need both because the Terpcicle has a more forward, aggressive high (I'm guessing because it's more conduction than convection), and the QC has an airier, more enveloping kind of high. I hit the Terpcicle with a sativa if I want to work on something, the same strain in the QC will have me lucid but daydreaming and probably too spaced out to function.

I'd tell anyone to get both since they're so cheap and way more different than I expected but the QC is definitely the more luxurious experience overall.
Thanks great comparison, guess I’ll eventually have to try a quartz cap to compare

MTpromises

Thanks great comparison, guess I’ll eventually have to try a quartz cap to compare
@Durbandream summed the ease of use up well. When you have company it's easier to repack and you never have to touch the heater.

I solved the 3 piece issue on the long Terp with a keck clip. I replaced the awesome looking, but absurd 14 to 14mm connection piece it came with with a much shorter 14 to 18mm one.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
@Durbandream summed the ease of use up well. When you have company it's easier to repack and you never have to touch the heater.

I solved the 3 piece issue on the long Terp with a keck clip. I replaced the awesome looking, but absurd 14 to 14mm connection piece it came with with a much shorter 14 to 18mm one.
Yea that 14mm adapter piece is a bit long lol

alex91

Just got a 18mm Quartz Cap! I have an ELEV8R also. How would you compare both? As far as I’m aware, the ELEV8R is 100% convection, while the QC would be more like 70% convection and 30% conduction. Also, I got the full kit. I don’t care for water pieces and I really like the ELEV8R wand. Do you guys have any suggestions for that?

Also, I have the Blazer Big Buddy torch, but do you guys have any other torch suggestions? I’m looking for something smaller and less noisy.

Thanks!

Last edited:
alex91,
Reactions: RogueGuy

terpguy420

Just got a 18mm Quartz Cap! I have an ELEV8R also. How would you compare both? As far as I’m aware, the ELEV8R is 100% convection, while the QC would be more like 70% convection and 30% conduction. Also, I got the full kit. I don’t care for water pieces and I really like the ELEV8R wand. Do you guys have any suggestions for that?

Also, I have the Blazer Big Buddy torch, but do you guys have any other torch suggestions? I’m looking for something smaller and less noisy.

Thanks!
You need a big torch like the Blazer for this. I believe there's a device in the works that can be used with a smaller torch.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@Old_muel 14s and Short Terpcicles will be back in stock by Friday if my package is delivered as scheduled for tomorrow

@terpguy420 big Ronx will give you the best performance. But, I'm getting heaters for 14mm stems that will work with smaller torches and will be more portable

@TedJones I am planning a run of Quartz Mini heaters. I think Ill order some in the 1.25mm range, they are normally 2mm. I think they would be small and thin enough to work with a small torch

differences are between the quartz cap and Terpcicle
I think the main difference is in the distance from the heater to the bowl. The QC is much closer but for some reason seems more forgiving while also being more powerful. The new batch of heater for the TC are .5mm smaller ID

@MTpromises that was a great post and I really appreciated it. People really did sleep on the QC. its really just now blowing up, but I think its been out for around a year. next time you order something drop me a note so I know its you

Flavorwise there's no contest, the QC has rich flavor that lasts throughout the session
This has to be due to the convection nature, due to the bowl size, of the 18mm over the TC. The new Mega QC has even better flavor since the conduction is even less. But I agree with all of your observations of the 2 devices

I use the smaller ones that I also use with my Air Max
I forgot that I used to include these with the other 18mm screens. Ill start including them again. They work great, but are a little loose

I replaced the awesome looking, but absurd 14 to 14mm connection piece it came with with a much shorter 14 to 18mm one
Lol, Ok I need some community feedback here. My plan is to eliminate the long Terpcicle, I currently only have short heaters coming. My plan was to also change the connector on the short TC to the longer one. I figured this combo, long conector/short TC would be the easiest for people to handle

@alex91 the Big Buddy has become my go to over the 8000 and the big Ronx. start with 15-18 seconds. If you dont use a water pipe I recommend getting a J Hook

Speaking of whip setups. I have been using this setup and really enjoying it

20230731-214455.jpg

Ill have these pieces available. They can also be use directly on a globe as an mp with an adapter

20230802-110207.jpg

And then there is this. and I ask myself, and you, how comfortable are you with this O ring in such a hot place? I was comfortable with the Terpedo because it really wasn't near the heat. But this seems too close. Haven't even tried it yet. For me it seems completely unnecessary

20230802-110411.jpg

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I think a shorter connector so the tc isn’t extending so far would be better, I’ll pick up a QC in the near future to compare

Sour Dream,

Durbandream

This has to be due to the convection nature, due to the bowl size, of the 18mm over the TC. The new Mega QC has even better flavor since the conduction is even less. But I agree with all of your observations of the 2 devices

Lol, Ok I need some community feedback here. My plan is to eliminate the long Terpcicle, I currently only have short heaters coming. My plan was to also change the connector on the short TC to the longer one. I figured this combo, long conector/short TC would be the easiest for people to handle
A Mega QC, are these already available? I'll definitely take one.

I haven't tried the long Terpcicle but it's much easier for me to use the short one on the short connector when it's connected to a 14/10mm reducer I have, so I think a longer connector would be better. But if the glass were thicker/heftier on it I think a new connector wouldn't need to be much longer than the current short one since you could get a more solid, tactile grip on it and keep the device more stable while spinning and manipulating it.

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@Durbandream i have a handful that will get listed next week along with restock of all the devices

My package arrived with the Terpcicle heaters from the new supplier, and so far I'm super happy. I haven't found an issue yet. This is great news to me and a huge relief to know that I now have a supplier I can trust to come through 100%. Unfortunately this comes with a cost/price increase that will get reflected in an increase in the retail price by a few $.

Now that I trust this supplier to make these, I am already talking to them about making the 2 thicknesses of the Terpcicle Mini heaters. And since they already make the QC heaters they will also be making the new Mega Quartz Cap heaters.

Sounds like I should stick with the short 14/14 but also offer the long. Here is a side by side.

20230802-142944.jpg

TedJones

Woah, do those heaters have multiple “slit” style air intakes now (vs single hole).. any difference if so? My 14 to 18 connector is shy of 3 1/2” which is great for spinning on a rig & have the short 14 that came with it too which is nice for a smaller profile setup.

TedJones,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
For what it’s worth I found the small connector too difficult to use while heating, which the long connector alleviates. Personally I prefer the Quartz Cap all around, the 14 is easily one of the hardest hitting vapes I have with that conduction bias but retains all the flavor I get from good convection.

Top Bottom