Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@TigoleBitties I really just mean heaters that will last years. The glass has a limited lifespan where I have had quartz bangers that lasted for years until I dropped them.

thats awesome that you got a Vaponic to work with an IH. I know it can be done but I haven't played with it at all.

I can certainly see something like the 14mm Quartz Cap being driven by a coil

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
@TigoleBitties I really just mean heaters that will last years. The glass has a limited lifespan where I have had quartz bangers that lasted for years until I dropped them.
Ah, gotcha.
thats awesome that you got a Vaponic to work with an IH. I know it can be done but I haven't played with it at all.
Works real nice and I don't need to tell you how much of a pleasure it is to use an all-glass vape. 😋 If I can get the terpedo going with SS foil wrap it's gonna be great. Seems the terpedo is right up against the limit of what diameter will fit in the Wand. Would be nice to have larger, portable IHs or a temp controlled coil that isn't exposed and could possibly be portable.
I can certainly see something like the 14mm Quartz Cap being driven by a coil
Indeed. I don't know if vaping flower gets much better than having fine temp control on an all-glass setup. Really like your work. 👌

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,
Reactions: RogueGuy

The Pooka D

@The Pooka D that device is my priority for the next few weeks.

Here is a sneak peak of another project im really excited about. I should have quartz heaters for both lengths of the Terpcicle soon!! I'm rethinking my entire lineup and going to be mainly focusing on the Terpcicle and Quartz Cap. I love the performance of the glass but want to make a "Forever" heater

6e1435a437377f8becc36db873bb431b.jpg
This is awesome! Guess I'm just going to have to send you even more money now. Can't wait to pick up some of the new gear.

The Pooka D,
Reactions: RogueGuy

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
With all my usual fanfare!!! I bring you the new Quartz Terpcicle.

The video is with a 30 second heat up in my 39 degree shop. And that ABV cooked more as it cooled off completely before the pic.

I really could not be any happier with how this project turned out. I love how the Terpcicle performs and this really takes it to the next level.

I don't have any plans to do the entire vape in Quartz but do plan on revamping the Terpedo and the V Stick with Quartz heaters

20230302-002535.jpg

20230302-005001.jpg

TeaCup

Would anyone happen to know if the Terpedo heaters used to be made of glass, and not quartz?

TeaCup,

SomnusViduus

you want the wizard or the skull?
Hey y'all. I ordered the quartz cap today and I can't wait to try it out! Looks like I need a bigger torch now. I recently broke my j-hook and I was interested to find out whether y'all prefer this device through water or dry. I may need to pick up a new j-hook too...

kilo

I just ordered one! I'd been looking for a torch-powered device that wasn't as fiddly as a DynaVap, not as complex as an Anvil (so many pieces!), and still in production (unlike the Lotus). The ELEV8R was a contender but the Quartz Terpcicle just seems simpler and probably less likely to get broken. Does anything smaller than a propane cylinder plumber's torch work effectively?

kilo,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@SomnusViduus I use both but mostly I use a water piece.

@kilo any large culinary style torch works week. I find the Blazer 8000 to not necessarily be the best because the flame is really narrow. The Big Buddy has a wider flame

I am a bit reluctant to recommend this torch just because torches can be so unreliable but I have been using it for a couple months now and I'm happy with its performance. It uses a lot of gas because it has a huge flame and you need to be diligent about tightening the know when done. But for $22 it's a great torch

kilo

I've been working with my new quartz terpcicle for a few days and dialing in my technique. I really like the simplicity; a j-hook (I use the Lotus VaporScope), a torch, and three pieces of glass. I grow my own so I can experiment without vaping through my life savings! I realized that I don't even need a grinder – or a screen – I can just drop a nug or two into the receiver and blow the AVB out when I'm through. I'm impressed with the heat retention but I am having some minor problems with combustion. Just got to zero in on the time/heat coefficients, I guess. I got the short unit as it was all that was available. How would you compare the performance of long unit compared to the short one?

kilo,

AbidingInNM

So I've been using the Terpcicle for quite a while now, and I love it, but I also am curious about something. The Terpcicle hits super hard and the effects are ridiculous, but I also get a lot of nose/throat tickle irritation. Not sure exactly how to describe it, but it's not just normal irritation and coughing from vaping, this is a signature unique to this vaporizer for me. I use mostly manual vapes and have all kinds. I own and use a multitude of vapes, and none of them hit my nose with the burn that I get from the Terpcicle. Is this normal? People don't seem to be affected by it the way that I am in the videos I've seen. Just wondering if anyone has any input regarding this?

AbidingInNM,

GratefulDread

So I've been using the Terpcicle for quite a while now, and I love it, but I also am curious about something. The Terpcicle hits super hard and the effects are ridiculous, but I also get a lot of nose/throat tickle irritation. Not sure exactly how to describe it, but it's not just normal irritation and coughing from vaping, this is a signature unique to this vaporizer for me. I use mostly manual vapes and have all kinds. I own and use a multitude of vapes, and none of them hit my nose with the burn that I get from the Terpcicle. Is this normal? People don't seem to be affected by it the way that I am in the videos I've seen. Just wondering if anyone has any input regarding this?
I haven't used the Terpcicle but the Elev8r gives me the exact same feeling.
This like slightly burned/irritated feeling in my nose/throat/sinuses.
Just thought I'd mention it cause the two vapes work similarly.
I might have just been overheating it or something, I'm not sure.
I could never quite nail the timing/heating. It looks a lot easier and more convenient with the Terpcicle though.

AbidingInNM

I should also add that I normally do vape through a straight pipe with no water, but this is one vape where the water does really seem to help. That said, I'm still wondering why the Terpcicle does what it does to me while nothing else does.

AbidingInNM

I haven't used the Terpcicle but the Elev8r gives me the exact same feeling.
This like slightly burned/irritated feeling in my nose/throat/sinuses.
Just thought I'd mention it cause the two vapes work similarly.
I might have just been overheating it or something, I'm not sure.
I could never quite nail the timing/heating. It looks a lot easier and more convenient with the Terpcicle though.
I also have the Elev8r and use it regularly in it's WPA form and it doesn't do what the Terpcicle does. What you're describing sounds right, but I just don't get it like that on the Elev8r.

coolbreeze

If it's mostly like the first hit or two, I think it's the terpenes irritating your mucous membranes. It's because you're vaping good weed through a "pure" path. I get this with a couple vapes, especially the Prrl Neo/TS.

AbidingInNM

Yeah, I know what you mean, but this is more. This goes through the whole bowl. It's very unique. I've tried heating more to kill it in 2 hits and I've made it last 4-5, and it's always there. Water is a big help, but I prefer it dry (yeah, I see it.. haha).

coolbreeze

Yeah, I know what you mean, but this is more. This goes through the whole bowl. It's very unique. I've tried heating more to kill it in 2 hits and I've made it last 4-5, and it's always there. Water is a big help, but I prefer it dry (yeah, I see it.. haha).
Not sure about that. Are you grinding or using whole nugs? They could in theory keep releasing terps I guess, but this sounds different insofar as it's really just one vape and it's prolonged throughout the bowl. There's nothing about the material or the method that's terribly different from the elev8r, though I guess the geometry of the path could have some influence? But the elev8r's just as direct, really....

coolbreeze,
Top Bottom