• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Been running a train on this Glass Cap for a couple days now and I’ve been loving every second of it.

I stopped counting my heat up times and started going by the colour shift of the herb. Once they start getting brown I know I’ve got a Milker about to make me sweat.

Taste is pretty damn good too, as one would expect with a Hybrid, all-glass heater. It’s consistently giving me a great experience and that’s really all I can ask for. Especially at the price too..
someone else with a similar design would easily charger 100-150 bucks for this vape but not our man Rogue Wax!

Here’s a video (hope it works) of a ripper from earlier. About a 30 second heat on this one.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@PPN Thanks. The vapnic was definitely the inspiration. After I saw how well the glass held heat on the "Glass Cap" I figured it would work well. The heater glass is around 2mm thick. I have quartz test tubes coming for the "Glass Cap" I will have to see if a hole can be made.

@acaderp glad you are figuring it out and enjoying it. I don't time my heat with it as much as look for the flame to go red. When you are comparing it to a SB are you using the Direct Draw Cap?

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari glad you are enjoying it.
This vape gives huge hybrid hits (can customize throughout session, going from more convection heating to relying more on the conduction) and they reach the lungs effortlessly.
I find that I can get some of the densest vapor from the "V Stick". Of the vapes I make this one definitely let's you fine tune the conduction verses convection the most.

@Arawfish thanks for the video and kind words. Looks like your technique is spot on. Really like that rig BTW. How's the temp of the glass where you are touching it above the joint? Mine has dimples to the bottom but it seems to get so I stop them higher like on yours

Arawfish

Green Thumb
@Arawfish thanks for the video and kind words. Looks like your technique is spot on. Really like that rig BTW. How's the temp of the glass where you are touching it above the joint? Mine has dimples to the bottom but it seems to get so I stop them higher like on yours
The glass isn’t too hot down there at all. Definitely has some warmth to it but it hasn’t been too hot to touch at any point. A couple times I did a reheat and noticed it was fairly warm just below the cap but again, wasn’t too hot.

acaderp

@acaderp glad you are figuring it out and enjoying it. I don't time my heat with it as much as look for the flame to go red. When you are comparing it to a SB are you using the Direct Draw Cap?

Ahhh, that's a good tip for the red flame; I kind of noticed that but didn't realize that was the key. For the SB comparison, it's more that there's a technique to get the heat right with yours, but the flavor and vapor was always there. With my SB, my technique never really dialed in so I'd get great hits every now and then but had a hard time with repeatability. Still have it because I want to figure it out but with other gear that's less finicky... we shall see. Anyway the Smokestack rules :)

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari glad you are enjoying it.

I find that I can get some of the densest vapor from the "V Stick". Of the vapes I make this one definitely let's you fine tune the conduction verses convection the most.

Looking forward to getting to know that one soon!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Of the vapes I make this one definitely let's you fine tune the conduction verses convection the most.
Yeah it's nice to play around, I start with pure convection and it gives a very nice soft hit that's just pure taste. Then I start adding the conduction and the clouds come. Hits stay soft throughout (unless I underestimate my intake :lol:)

Some really cool stuff what you've been coming up with dude! Lots of interesting ways to get into it with a torch.

Actually the form factor in hand is really pleasing as well. I think the fat tubing of the mouthpiece would go well in a vapor pipe design, kind of like the vp04 you did. Would definitely consider one once my Anvil arrives, expect they'd be a great combo.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@acaderp I love my Bricks but my performance is hit or miss. Being able to see the herb and the vapor production really makes it a lot easier for me.

Yeah it's nice to play around, I start with pure convection and it gives a very nice soft hit that's just pure taste. Then I start adding the conduction and the clouds come. Hits stay soft throughout
Thars how this vape got developed. I was going for a mini Elev8r but convection through a little tube is hard to do. You can produce amazingly flavorful hits but not robust clouds. If I tried to increase the heat enough, I always had charing on top. Then I thought, hey throw in some conduction, and presto the magic combo. I really think of it as 60 conduction 40 convection.

As far as the MP goes, it's part of the whole modular system I'm working towards. I'm launching these vapor pipes next week. And in the on pic you can see that one MP csn drive 3 of my vapes and be the mp of a pipe.

20220607-135911.jpg

IMG-20220611-125521-374.jpg

pretty-chill

I've been trying out the no name TED for a few weeks now, and have really been liking it! Works well with a small torch for super slow sessions, but actually works quite well for me when heated with a big torch for about 5 seconds. Then on Friday I received the terpedo, and that has been quite a revelation! I think it has now become my favorite vaporizer, and my old head hot rod (my previous favorite) has not been turned on since Friday....

I'm heating it for 30 seconds with the lowest setting of a blazer big buddy and with a full load, that amount of heat keeps chucking out thick smooth vapor for 2 minutes and then some additional wispier vapor for another minute after that. Super impressive! The flavor is actually really amazing, that may be the most surprising thing about this vape for me. The terpenes really coat your tongue with this vape and I can taste them long after vaping, which is something I don't notice all too often. After one heat cycle, it also feels like the load is very thoroughly extracted and upon further reheats I got highly diminishing returns, so I just stick to a single 30 second heat cycle now.

The effects of the nameless conduction TED very much feel like the effects from combustion to me. I actually really enjoy this, as I do occasionally miss the combustion type effects. This may be the first 100% conduction vape I have ever tried, and this personally really convinces me that conduction vaping is more similar to combusting. For this reason, the nameless conduction vape was in heavy rotation with the hot rod. However, the terpedo gives me similar combustion type effects, but with a sprinkle of the heady convection effects. This is why I think I haven't turned the hot rod on since Friday. The terpedo is just super fun to use, really tasty, gives me more of those combustion type effects that I miss with pure convection vapes sometimes and is honestly scary powerful! I heated it to 40 seconds once and really rode the edge of combustion, man that was intense! It kept chucking out really dense vapor for a full three minutes, and the effects were amazingly strong. Funnily enough, microdosing also works really well in it, so it is very versatile.

I sadly never got a chance to try a supreme vaporizer, but reading all of the threads on it, I can now understand why everyone was always so impressed by it. Seems like conduction leaning heavy hitters just do something completely different and it's something I've thus far never experienced. I can now also imagine why the anvil is so popular, but I'm so happy with the 30 dollar terpedo, that I'm honestly no longer that curious about an anvil. The terpedo scratched an itch I didn't even know existed!

pretty-chill

@RogueGuy Agreed! I stir after every hit with the nameless, that really makes the difference! That's also why I am really liking the terpedo though, not stirring is nice and convenient.

pretty-chill,
Reactions: RogueGuy

TeaCup

@RogueGuy : Hey man, any chance this one in clear will be around again? I wanna get a clear one and the V-Stick for some combustion leaning ones. Thanks. :tup:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I’ve had the chance today to be using the “Nameless Conduction Vape” quite a bit and so far the learning curve hasn’t been steep at all, very intuitive experience when you get to watch the colour shift in the herb. Nice and tasty clouds for sure! Definitely has a place in my collection amongst my other conduction favourites

I’ve been thinking one names... I started with calling it the Flute... or the NCV. But then I started to think about the ritual involved with shoving it full of material, tamping it down with a wooden rod, hitting it with flame, stirring it, tamping again, etc. I think a good name might be the ‘Musket’ and it’s sort of in the same theme of the ‘Torpedo’... which I also have on the way to me. Snagged the one with all the blue pills in the MP.

Loving all the “drops to the shop” there Mr. Wax. The innovation and evolution in your pieces has been great to watch and I’m looking forward to what else may come.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Did you find that the spoke tool didn't work well?
I actually really love the spike tool, the side that has the little curve in it is great for stirring up the load.

Edit: or wait... did I read that right? Spoke? Spike?

Last edited:
Arawfish,
Reactions: RogueGuy

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@Arawfish yes spoke.

The Quartz Caps are here and I'm really happy with the performance. Also making heady stems for them

20220627-101403.jpg

Made myself a 10mm Terpedo/Cheaponic with some test tubes that I happen to have. Draw can be very tight but you can heat it with a triple and the flavor is excelent

20220628-161752.jpg

Texus

Busted out the 14mm and 18mm convection vapes last night with the Blazer Firefox. Much prefer the 14mm. But that might partially be due to need for an even more powerful torch.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Been meaning to show off my V Stick 2.0 in action. Bountiful in vapor and number of hits as well. Stays fresh for at least 8 hits like this (of course there's some degradation after 1st hit but ykwim). Got it for 30$ and though shipping and customs made it a bit pricier it's still so worth it. If there was a vape I think everybody should know of it's this one. The butane, though you're gonna need some of it lol, but it gives a lot of control. Hits hard. Cleans easy. Air path is pure glass. A gem and I should definitely get a backup someday cause with its ease and quickness of use it's hard to imagine it going out of rotation.

(Forgive the shitty perspective, dog chewed up my lil tripod :lol:)

TeaCup

My V-Stick came to me two nights ago. It'll have a spot in my weekly rotation till my death. It has nothing to do with honeymoons, I ordered it wanting to perform in a certain way, and it does it in spades. Just like @Abele Rizieri Ferrari said, you can customize your hit to be pretty much whatever you want it to be (convection / conduction / terpy / couchlock). And that's everything I was hoping for.

First night I had to set it down fairly quick as I was combusting on every try. The conduction heating part of it I'd never done before, I copied Rogue's style in his video, and I kept combusting. Second night switched up to heating the conduction first and the convection second, this worked! I think it's because you can then just watch your flame change colors, and with the conduction the only color change I was seeing was my green weed turn to black in the blink of an eye, lol. I could be wrong, but the line between combusting and not when heating the conduction part of it, regardless of whether you do it first or second, that line is smallllllllll! But ofcourse, you get the feel for it pretty quickly and everything is just gravy from there!

Just wanna add that I only have a Big Buddy and Firefox, so I was using the BB and that flame size may also be a reason why the line is so small. This gives me the excuse I was looking for to buy some 2, 3, or 4 flamed torches, I think the BB is a little too much.

@RogueGuy : I can test them on my own, but what's the difference you saw to also include the unmodded heater? I like the clean look of it better but the restriction was perfect in the modded one, so I stuck with that one. Would like to have the clean look, do you sell the unmodded one, but shorter? That's the only difference I can think of why there's a little more resistance, totally unsure though.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@Abele Rizieri Ferrari thanks for the post

@TeaCup the big buddy is definitely big for the V. With that you probably only need 2-5 seconds on the stem for conduction. I really need to male a good demo video. I always suggest starting with not enough heat and work your way up. So, I honestly don't know if there is much of a difference between the 2 heaters. There is definitely a difference in draw resistance between every heater. Since covid, I have found that these pieces, that I purchase, are of various build quality. Unfortunately some have way too small of an opening. I inspect and test them before they go out to make sure they are functional. I hope that as China goes out of covid lock down, the glass will become more consistent like it was before. I can also definitely get you a new heater

TeaCup

With that you probably only need 2-5 seconds on the stem
Yup, that's pretty much exactly right, 5 at absolute most is what I settled on. And anything subsequent of that just a very quick blast again. I played with it all day today with excellent results but like I said, this is finally my excuse to buy a middle ground torch.

I always suggest starting with not enough heat and work your way up.
Generally I do too, but I swore you were using a large torch when I watched, so I just copied the seconds. Watched it again, and nope, you weren't! Big, but not Blazer big.

I can also definitely get you a new heater
Thanks, appreciate that alot, but it's probably not necessary. Because I really don't know why the longer stem added more restriction. The only real difference between them was the length of the stem, but we're only talking like a half inch difference, so it just doesn't seem really all that plausible.

I really need to male a good demo video.
I'm always looking to be as difficult a customer as possible, so with that in mind, may I have a female one. 😉

Edit: "Unfortunately some have way too small of an opening." Not sure how I missed that part, ofcourse, that has to be it, why the heck didn't I think of that!?!?!? :doh:

Oh crap, where's that "posts taken out of context" thread......................because "Unfortunately some have way too small of an opening" now sure looks awfully darn sketchy following that video quote, lol! :uhoh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom