• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

sacred buddha

The Stoned Divinity
After much use, my Ghost battery no longer holds the charge as it should... I know they went out of business, but I'm still desperately looking for a new battery pack that is available for sale (that's why I hate proprietary batteries!!)

sacred buddha,
Reactions: Summer

sacred buddha

The Stoned Divinity
Not sure where you are located...but I saw a few in the past week on reddit...... r/EntExchange

I will take a look on that, thanks for the answer.

I was actually looking for a brand new battery pack in order to extend my vape life. I even considered a used battery, but most of them that were available has a long time of use so maybe not they're holding the full charge like mine...

LabPong

I will take a look on that, thanks for the answer.

I was actually looking for a brand new battery pack in order to extend my vape life. I even considered a used battery, but most of them that were available has a long time of use so maybe not they're holding the full charge like mine...

You can find new/never used stuff too....you never know.

LabPong,

cosimo

After much use, my Ghost battery no longer holds the charge as it should... I know they went out of business, but I'm still desperately looking for a new battery pack that is available for sale (that's why I hate proprietary batteries!!)

May I ask how much use is "much use"? when did you buy it? Just to see an an estimate of how much mine will last... i dread that day.

cosimo,
Reactions: Jill NYC

SquirrelMaster

If you're willing to crack open your pack you may be able to swap some new cells in. @Kimosabe posted some pictures of a battery pack torn apart in the old thread.
20191214_113457.jpg

That was from his post here.

There's also this post that shows some more images but they're lower resolution. I don't recall if it was mentioned whether those LG cells are soldered in or they just pop in. The hardest part will probably be opening the battery case.

Also, I can't tell if the cell is button top or not but it seems to match this one Protected LG M26 2600mAh 5A 18650 Button Top Battery - Wholesale Discount but I figure they would be using unprotected cells. My packs work well and are sealed up pretty good so I don't want to risk damaging one otherwise I'd try to open one myself.

@kiddvudu2 Also posted a bunch of shots of the internals in a few posts he made (scroll down for the pictures).

ginolicious

Shim of spring steel is the material he used to prop open the case. Fit it in between both pieces and prop open. Kind of like using a flat head screw driver to prop both pieces apart. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Glad to see the batteries just pop in.

I personally never got into the ghost craze. I opted for haze square instead. After they went belly up and ghost offered that crazy $125 deal I knew. And passed them up.

sacred buddha

The Stoned Divinity
If you're willing to crack open your pack you may be able to swap some new cells in. @Kimosabe posted some pictures of a battery pack torn apart in the old thread.

20191214_113457.jpg

That was from his post here.

There's also this post that shows some more images but they're lower resolution. I don't recall if it was mentioned whether those LG cells are soldered in or they just pop in. The hardest part will probably be opening the battery case.

Also, I can't tell if the cell is button top or not but it seems to match this one Protected LG M26 2600mAh 5A 18650 Button Top Battery - Wholesale Discount but I figure they would be using unprotected cells. My packs work well and are sealed up pretty good so I don't want to risk damaging one otherwise I'd try to open one myself.

@kiddvudu2 Also posted a bunch of shots of the internals in a few posts he made (scroll down for the pictures).

Awesome! Much better than I expected, thanks for let me know @SquirrelMaster and @Kimosabe

I'm not an electronics expert, but would it be enough to just replace the 18650 batteries with the exactly same model, or can it be similar ones?
Perhaps, to use a pair of 18650 batteries of greater capacity?

May I ask how much use is "much use"? when did you buy it? Just to see an an estimate of how much mine will last... i dread that day.

I ordered the matte black Stealth version in October 2018, and since then I have been using it almost daily with constant battery recharges...

Last edited:

jerri

I ordered the matte black Stealth version in October 2018, and since then I have been using it almost daily with constant battery recharges...
you have not had any door latch problems yet thats great mine just busted recently but I just taped it up little bit of a pain but it still works fine

readyman,
Reactions: pakalolo2

sacred buddha

The Stoned Divinity
you have not had any door latch problems yet thats great mine just busted recently but I just taped it up little bit of a pain but it still works fine

Luckly I didn't have any door latch problems because mine is the stealth version and looks like this issue has been fixed in that version

sacred buddha,

SquirrelMaster

Awesome! Much better than I expected, thanks for let me know @SquirrelMaster and @Kimosabe

I'm not an electronics expert, but would it be enough to just replace the 18650 batteries with the exactly same model, or can it be similar ones?
Perhaps, to use a pair of 18650 batteries of greater capacity?

You would want cells with at least the same rated (tested) discharge current. The cells that are in are packs (or atleast @Kimosabe pack) are not very good apparently and I'm having a hard time tracking them down from a site that I trust. They look to be a 2600mAh with a 10A discharge. Going off of Mooch's recommendations you could use a Sanyo NCR18650GA (the same in the Mighty I believe) or an LG MJ1 but I would rather go from something with a higher discharge rating like an LG HG1, Samsung 30Q or a Sony VTC6 that also have 400mA more capacity.

Also the Stealth is the worst for door problems, they never fixed anything judging by the amount of broken door latches regardless of purchase date. The latch in the stealth doesn't have the chrome coating like the other colors which the community guesses is the reason why they fails much more easily.

Last edited:

Northbear

OK. It's possible to remove/replace the MV1's batteries without ripping apart the housing!

The trick is to remove just the bottom cover. It has some adhesive holding it, but it's a rubbery
adhesive with a very light grip. Use a small, thin bladed screwdriver on either side of the
latch mechanism and pry the bottom cover off.

Save yourself a lot of grief and take out the latch and it's spring. Set them aside someplace
safe. If you don't do this, the latch will fall out anyways and the spring could fly off to parts
unknown.

Next, pry out the batteries. I put duct tape on my screwdriver and was able to pry the
batteries up about 1/8 of an inch. I then used pliers (covered with more duct tape) to extract
the batteries. You might need to remove some angled tabs with a utility knife, not all of the
housings have these tabs (see photo #2 below).

Put in your new batteries (observe the polarity!), assemble the latch with it's spring and then
snap on the bottom cover. The inside of the cover opposite the latch has a groove that fits
a tab on the bottom cover, so there is no need to glue anything back together.

Image #1. All the parts. Too much disassembly!
20200523_103207.jpg

Image #2. The tabs that hold in the batteries. Not on all holders.
20200523_103312.jpg

Image #3. Another holder, without tabs. Just the right amount of disassembly!
20200523_114029.jpg

crownroyaldaddy

I fell into the hype and got a stealth version while things were live and well. I was sad to learn about their demise this week. Its not that I was in love with my unit. It was always a vape that i tried to love but just couldnt. But the potential was there, and though too finicky for my taste, I wanted to see a new model.

sucks that you pay so much for an expensive vape and now it has very little value lightly used. I have yet to have a latch issue with mine, so i suppose ill just continue to use it once in a while. thing rips

CrownRoyalDaddy,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
Get yourself a 1.5" I.D> O-Ring at any hardware store. If you bend the pring a bit so it reduced the force, you don't even need to hold the door.
After a number of weeks like this, it is a vast improvement over my thumb breaking each time.

Kimosabe,

sacred buddha

The Stoned Divinity
Also the Stealth is the worst for door problems, they never fixed anything judging by the amount of broken door latches regardless of purchase date. The latch in the stealth doesn't have the chrome coating like the other colors which the community guesses is the reason why they fails much more easily.

This is weird because when they launched the stealth version it was said "Newly improved door mechanism & switch"...

sacred buddha,

SquirrelMaster

This is weird because when they launched the stealth version it was said "Newly improved door mechanism & switch"...
Hmmm, that is very interesting, I don't remember seeing that. The non-stealth can break as someone here can tell you but it doesn't seem to be as common. The latch issue started getting much bigger around this time last year iirc and it was always the stealth I heard about.

Top Bottom