Discontinued Ghost MV1

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I thought Ghost were still able to honour warranty. I would suggest getting in touch by their website and ask politely if you could let us know on here if you get any results.

Hmmm...really? that would be awesome but sounds unlikely.
Sending me a new unit and sending back my broken one costs money...I mean, I wish, I would even be willing to spend 50USD to get this to happen...

I sent an email yesterday, before reaching out here...so far, nothing.

Its so annoying to have to hold the door while taking a sip, I will most likely go back to the solo.

badbee

GhostVapes is dead and gone, bills unpaid, employees laid off, financial obligations not met, etc. Either their web site service provider bill was paid in advance or they haven't reached the final deadline for shut off yet. The website is still running because it would take an explicit action to turn it off and there is no one left who cares. The zombie will pass soon...

There is a misunderstanding from some that warranties are guaranteed by someone other than the company that offers them, they aren't. Company is dead, warranties died with it.

I'll keep my MV1 alive as long as I can, then bury it with honors :)

bgrpph

I've got a few MV1's, (stealth & black chrome)- lots of xtra crucibles,heat sinks, batteries, etc & fast charger, etc. Just had the door latch issue with my Stealth unit last night. Took it apart to see how the latch works & if i could fix it- no issue getting it apart to see the latch issue. I didn't fix anything but got it all back together successfully & working if i hold the door shut.

I'm not sure how to actually fix the plastic piece (or add onto it with JB weld or??) to get it built up enough to fit into the door slot to hold it shut. It doesn't look like putting a bit of JB Weld on the plastic piece will be easy so it fits into the door slot to latch. If we could get ahold of a new latch piece it looks easy enough to install it though. Couldn't find anything online re repair- anyone have any info or advice or actually done a repair of the plastic? Thanks folks

I did try gorilla tape but that also is more of a pain than i want to go thru each time to put in new cart, to stir, etc to use it.

Brewervapesalot

It's pretty ridiculous that Ghost never addressed the latch when it appears to be such an easy fix with a stronger molded part that could be easily swapped. The people in charge just gave up at one point it seems. So odd.

Yup, Ghost knew they were done last fall. That sale with $125 vaporizers. Yeah. That was obvious. But employees' Christmas time was better and any person buying back then should have known, so....

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
Yup, Ghost knew they were done last fall. That sale with $125 vaporizers. Yeah. That was obvious. But employees' Christmas time was better and any person buying back then should have known, so....

My experience with them has been good and bad.
Hmmm...really? that would be awesome but sounds unlikely.
Sending me a new unit and sending back my broken one costs money...I mean, I wish, I would even be willing to spend 50USD to get this to happen...

I sent an email yesterday, before reaching out here...so far, nothing.

Its so annoying to have to hold the door while taking a sip, I will most likely go back to the solo.

There is a ticket fill out the form on there help page.

https://ghostvapes.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new/

Vape Master,

floribud

Ask VapeCritic for one of his silicon bands... did you see his last video?

Also their website is still up. Are they holding out hope for a last minute buyer?

floribud,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
What is Vapecritic's business (that went under)?
I’m not sure if you are being sarcastic but in case you aren’t.....
His business included selling his G43 vape and accessories. His business was also doing reviews and answering people’s questions.
When @floribud said to “Ask VapeCritic for one of his silicon bands” I was pointing out he was no longer around to ask.
Hope that clears things up.

Juno

I just got my Dynatech induction heater (AC) and a Ti tip (had M-Shadow)
I do own a Crafty+. I also own an MV1. An entire S&B 'dosing capsule' is too much for me. The Vapcap has an adjustable chamber(oven) and, although it was a real pain to position the ccd, it seems to work quite nicely now.

This is a great way to go, as a pinpoint single flame torch lighter, when properly handled, make the Vapcap high;y portable. The induction heater removes a but of required skill - a challenge for some.

Someone wished for a single battery Mighty. This is the Crafty+, minus the edigital display.
A smartphone app takes the place of the LED display and then the display is no longer prone to damage induced by a drop.

Requesting credit for your MV1: If you bought your unit direct from Ghost, I can see joining the party at the front of the creditors' line. If you bought inventory from a dealer - not so much. That would be needlessly manipulative and dishonest. A better approach might be to contact the dealer and try to work out a reasonable solution if you are truly disappointed. The fact that you found your way to this forum indicates you knew what you were getting into.

I think the Airvape Legacy, not yet shipping, looks incredibly interesting with swappable 18650s, conduction and air path components.It is an on-demand unit, as is the Ghost.
In closing, you cannot go wring with the Crafty+, and you will never need worry that the company is going out of business. S&B dominates the vaporizer market worldwide and they are not going anywhere.

Not sure about other people but I had absolutely no clue they were in the motions of going out of business until I saw a random comment of a review,speculating they (might) be going out of business. this for is after I sent several emails to ghost asking for an RMA for the door issue.
They are still selling units, and most vendors on the internet have not disclosed anything about them going out of business.

SquirrelMaster

They are still selling units, and most vendors on the internet have not disclosed anything about them going out of business.

I think Ghost has been out of stock of everything for a while now. There are plenty of vendors though as you say and the ones I've been to don't mention anything about a lack of warranty. I would think retailers could get in trouble for not mentioning that but I don't know for sure.

Last edited:
SquirrelMaster,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Randy at PUFFITUP was one of the first retailers to say Ghost was no more but said they will back any units he sells and sold out shortly after.:2c:
I haven't spotted any on DHGate, Aliexpress or such...yet, hopefully the Chinese manufacturer will sell directly to the public soon.

Brewervapesalot

His business included selling his G43 vape and accessories. His business was also doing reviews and answering people’s questions.
When @floribud said to “Ask VapeCritic for one of his silicon bands” I was pointing out he was no longer around to ask.

Thanks. I was serous. It just seems that's a pretty small business to destroy your credit with bankruptcy rather than just pay off the debt.... but I dont know what he borrowed or for what.

Brewervapesalot,

QuitBurning33

Hello all, I’ve been researching on here and recently decided to buy a Ghost MV1 trying to make the switch from combusting.

I took advantage of the 420 and “Ghost went out of business” deals... I knew there was some risk but still decided on MV1 for various reasons including my high tolerance. It seemed perfect, and it really was for the short time I used it.

Well, after about 7 crucibles I cleaned the heatsink with a Qtip and iso and noticed a chip or crack on the inside of the heatsink. I thought it was a stain but can see layers and noticed the damage was on opposite sides and very symmetrical. (I will try to figure out how to post pictures on here)

I was loving everything about the MV1 and am bummed that I seemingly can no longer use the device safely.

If anyone has any insight to how/why this heatsink could possibly still be usable, or possibly any solution or access to more heatsinks I would appreciate it as I want to vape on it badly lol

I was surprised I couldn’t find anything similar issues online. Only the stealth heatsink chipping. I had strong feeling the heatsink wasn’t metal... but I didn’t expect it to deteriorate so fast. Huge bummer.

7-DA0-D914-DD23-43-D5-B9-CB-61-BA6-E58-D308.jpg

8-B32-FE63-87-FF-4-C29-87-DE-C806-F41-D6-C3-B.jpg

Last edited:

Northbear

...If anyone has any insight to how/why this heatsink could possibly still be usable, or possibly any solution or access to more heatsinks I would appreciate it as I want to vape on it badly lol

If (big if?) the heatsink is plated brass, then there isn't any real danger from small patches
of the exposed brass. Brass is usually mixed with a bit of lead for workability.

The lead amount is very small and would need some form of acid to leach the lead out of
the heatsink.

If you are worried about lead, you can leach the lead out of the exposed "chips" with a mixture of 1 part hydrogen peroxide and 1 part vinegar. Just soak the heatsink for a few
hours and then rinse well.

floribud

In his last video Bud mentioned something about he used silicon bands to hold the door closed and they fit the ghost really well. He said he had a few more he could give to anyone that bought it on his advice and now has a cracked door, and I suppose at the very least he could tell you where he got them and which size worked best. He's not dead, btw

https://shop.vapelife.com/pages/contact

QuitBurning33

Thanks @Northbear for your reply. What you’re saying makes sense, it does look like brass.

I was trying to find an old post from one of the reps that where they mentioned what the Heatsink is made of but I couldn’t find it... I’ve been reading too many posts!

I think I will continue to vape with it and monitor the degradation closely.

Did anyone else have their heatsink like this?

If I can get another heatsink somehow, will this inevitably happen again?

In the very middle of one of the chips is some silver. Is that normal for brass?

QuitBurning33,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Northbear

Thanks @Northbear for your reply. What you’re saying makes sense, it does look like brass.

I was trying to find an old post from one of the reps that where they mentioned what the Heatsink is made of but I couldn’t find it... I’ve been reading too many posts!

I think I will continue to vape with it and monitor the degradation closely.

Did anyone else have their heatsink like this?

If I can get another heatsink somehow, will this inevitably happen again?

In the very middle of one of the chips is some silver. Is that normal for brass?

Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc. Brass fittings are usually a bright yellow/gold color.
If you heat a piece of brass with a torch, then it turns a reddish color, due to the copper.
The silver you see in one of the "chips" is the chrome plating. Something stuck to the
heatsink during plating and interfered with the plating.

Think of a tiny donut stuck to the heatsink, acting like a mask. The chrome plates the heatsink up to the donut and plates the inside of the donut, but can't plate the heatsink where the donut actually touches it.

The heatsink troubles that folks have reported here were all with the stealth heatsink.
The stealth heatsink, at least the one I had troubles with, are chrome plated and then
a black "coating" is applied. That coating peeled off.

If you get another chrome heatsink, it's unlikely you will have similar problems.

If you don't see anymore "chips", then it's very likely that your heatsink just has some
minor cosmetic defects in the chrome plating. I wouldn't worry about it.

readyman

a few months back I told ghost that my stealth heatsink was peeling and they said they would send me a new one or they would send me a silver one that wont peel for sure I said I wanted the stealth one and will take my chances they then sent me one of both which was good for me also my door latch on my stealth just broke oh well gorilla tape allows it to work and still is an awesome vape well for now I can have some fun figuring out a current vape that will replace the mv1

Summer

Long Island, NY
I can have some fun figuring out a current vape that will replace the mv1

Tinymight, the Splinter Z, & LaMart's 2 vapes - TetraX or ...P I think - sorry, don't follow those threads. The 1st 2 are my solid recommendations. I don't own a TM yet but by early next year I will. :) With the right stem & settings, the Splinter Z can hit real cool & smooth just like the Ghost, but with more of a kick, meaning a slightly more-stoned high. From personal experience, imho opinion, every vaping connoisseur needs this vape in his collection. It's a really nice high & a seductive vape to interface with while you're leisurely vaping. I love it. And I know I will highly appreciate the TM when I get, although I don't think it, or any vape, will ever surpass my Ghost, Splinter Z & NVFP experience. They're all outstanding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom