• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

VCBud

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Edit:
The first 13 months and 87 pages of this thread took place before final production units were released in October 2018. Click this link to skip all the pre-production talk and get right to the introductory post from ghostvapesofficial with the launch of the Stealth MV-1 and discussion about the current production model.

Introducing the Ghost MV1

1.jpg

INFORMATION FROM GHOST VAPES:

Advanced Engineering and Purity

The MV1 has been designed and engineered entirely from the ground up using only custom designed, tooled and manufactured components. The use of medical grade materials and proprietary technology have resulted in a product that delivers a truly revolutionary vaping experience.

The MV1 distributes heat evenly thanks to an innovative diffuser. This means no charring of material and no need to stir in-between vapes. The even distribution of heat also provides excellence in purity for the duration of every session, retaining all the flavors of your favorite herbs, with zero taste distortion. With the GHOST MV1 you will actually taste what you smell.

4.jpg

On-Demand Heating

Thanks to its advanced patented Heat Exchanger, The MV1 can go from a standing start to your selected temperature in a matter of seconds while holding it there precisely for the longest of vapes.

This On-Demand technology ensures that the removable crucible remains cool between vapes, preventing material degradation and allowing for multiple sessions.

6.jpg

Power Efficiency

The high capacity removable battery pack provides massive power, safely and efficiently thanks to its own dedicated circuit board.

The revolutionary heat exchanger and heat sink work together to make the MV1 more efficient than conventional products. Maximising efficiency and reducing overall power consumption, further increases the battery life between charges.

5.jpg

Exceptional Purity

The exclusive use of medical and food grade materials, combined with true convection and our proprietary heat sink, delivers cool vapor of the highest purity every session.

3.jpg

Quality Redefined

The MV1's design is truly focused on user enjoyment and comfort. Ergonomically designed to nestle comfortably within your hand, our lightweight alloy chassis, available in multiple finishes, combined with the tactile outer casing, soft touch activation button and haptic feedback allows for a pleasurable experience with real ease of use.

7.jpg

Temperature Control with the Ghost App

The MV1 comes with 4 default temperature settings on the device (3 settings for herb and 1 for concentrates/ extracts). But with the GHOST app you'll open up the additional temperature controls to enhance and tailor your vaping experience.

2 favorite settings allow full control and flexibility of temperature for both herbs and concentrates. Change the temperature in between vapes and then save your ideal settings.

Lock My Vape

Secure your device from the App in the event that you misplace, leave it behind or lose it and you can't track it down with the 'Find My Vape' feature.

Just log into your account to lock or unlock the device, safe in the knowledge that no-one will be able to use your MV1 without your say-so.

2.jpg

FEATURES & HIGHLIGHTS:

- Solid alloy body and heat sink with retractable glass mouthpiece stem

- Removeable ceramic herb chamber (crucible) with stainless steel lid

- No plastics or electronics in vapor path

- Long-lasting battery pack (the size of dual-18650's)

- Haptic feedback (vibration alerts)

- Bluetooth connectivity for App usage and firmware updates

- 6 built-in temperature settings, 2 of them customizable with the App

- 5 heat levels are designed for dry herb, and heat level 6 is specifically made for use with concentrates

- Fast Charger accessory available to cut down charge time to ~2 hours

- 2-year base warranty through the manufacturer extended to a 5-year warranty when you download the App and register your vape. Full warranty details are available on the Ghost Vapes website.

- Official accessories coming soon: 5-port crucible holder and fitted MV1 vape case

WHAT'S IN THE BOX:

- MV1 vaporizer w/ battery pack, mouthpiece and crucible pre-installed

- Quick Start Guide pamphlet

- Micro-USB cable

- Accessories kit which includes a second crucible and lid, a stainless mesh concentrate pad, 3 cleaning picks and cotton swabs, and 3 iso wipes.

Price: $295 USD
Free shipping inside USA - International shipping available
Official website: https://www.ghostvapes.com

Last edited by a moderator:

VCBud

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Those who pre-reserved a unit before launch have started to receive their vapes and Ghost will be opening up their site for new orders very shortly.

I really appreciate being welcomed to post here again guys, thank you.

I can completely understand and empathize with any skepticism about me and the scenario with Ghost, I'd feel the same way if the roles were reversed.

For what my word is worth I truly had all our best interests at heart by making damn sure they produced the best vape they could before coming to market, and anything I thought you wouldn't like I petitioned them to change (some got done, some didn't, but I pushed hard).

One of the biggest things I think you guys will be impressed with is the vapor quality and potency of this one, and that's really what takes this vape up a level in my opinion. However, getting across how strong a vape is in a video is a very difficult thing to do. I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it, but your opinions are ultimately what matters most, so I sincerely hope you agree if you try it.

Thank you and stay up!
-Bud

Last edited:

skyvaper

It's on the charger guys!!! At 930 tonight hopefully I can enjoy the first use!!!

First impression is that it's much smaller than I imagined but also much heavier. The weight immediately makes you feel like you are holding a quality device. Packaging was "appleesque" and seems well thoughtout.

Pulling out the glass mouthpiece is not smooth and I almost felt like I was scratching it. I'm pretty sure I'll get use to the glass and ceramic and it may smooth out over time.

Not much more I can report other than the crucible. I fumbled with it and I was not smooth putting it in. I'm sure over time muscle memory will kick in bit for now it's a bit awkward for me.

I'm impressed so far with the service, packaging, and overall quality feel of the device. I will chime in once it is charged and I am able to enjoy a session. In the meantime I'll be ISO cleaning the heat sink, crucible and mp so everything is nice and clean for tonight.

Vape on!!

VCBud

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
It's on the charger guys!!! At 930 tonight hopefully I can enjoy the first use!!!

First impression is that it's much smaller than I imagined but also much heavier. The weight immediately makes you feel like you are holding a quality device. Packaging was "appleesque" and seems well thoughtout.

Pulling out the glass mouthpiece is not smooth and I almost felt like I was scratching it. I'm pretty sure I'll get use to the glass and ceramic and it may smooth out over time.

Not much more I can report other than the crucible. I fumbled with it and I was not smooth putting it in. I'm sure over time muscle memory will kick in bit for now it's a bit awkward for me.

I'm impressed so far with the service, packaging, and overall quality feel of the device. I will chime in once it is charged and I am able to enjoy a session. In the meantime I'll be ISO cleaning the heat sink, crucible and mp so everything is nice and clean for tonight.

Vape on!!

Awesome, getting the crucible in an out will take a little patience but I think you'll find it doesn't take long to get the hang of it.

When pulling out the mouthpiece stem that noise you are hearing is the glass rubbing against the silicone o-ring, if it's making noise you can lightly moisten or lube it to make it quiet.

Mr Mellish

Vape on!!

9:30?? In what timezone? How long do we have to wait for this?!?!?! Oh, and best of luck.

skyvaper

Awesome, getting the crucible in an out will take a little patience but I think you'll find it doesn't take long to get the hang of it.

When pulling out the mouthpiece stem that noise you are hearing is the glass rubbing against the silicone o-ring, if it's making noise you can lightly moisten or lube it to make it quiet.
Thanks for the tip. I play the drums too so I'm use to having something feel awkward until muscle memory kicks in. Do you think 8 hours is enough as the "overnight" charge or is it more close to 12 hours?

9:30?? In what timezone? How long do we have to wait for this?!?!?! Oh, and best of luck.
That's after the "overnight" charge of what I take as 8 hours. Est is my vape zone.

Last edited by a moderator:

VCBud

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thanks for the tip. I play the drums too so I'm use to having something feel awkward until muscle memory kicks in. Do you think 8 hours is enough as the "overnight" charge or is it more close to 12 hours?

8 hours is plenty if you're charging over USB, but with the fast charger it should do it in about ~2-2.5 hours, you got one of those too right? It's OK to use the fast charger for your initial full charge I checked with them.

skyvaper

8 hours is plenty if you're charging over USB, but with the fast charger it should do it in about ~2-2.5 hours, you got one of those too right? It's OK to use the fast charger for your initial full charge I checked with them.
Oh man I put it on the micro usb for initial charge. I thought the first time should be long and slow and afterwards the fast charger was good to use. Oh well. Once I get home I'll switch to the fast charger. Thanks again for that @VCBud.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
In the second picture, the green parts are silicone right? If true how can they claim "- No plastics or electronics in vapor path" ?

If it's the case it reminds me the Ascent where I was fooled into believing their "all glass vapor path" where in reality it's all glass, tons of silicone and some exposed plastic.

Then that part: "Just log into your account to lock or unlock the device, safe in the knowledge that no-one will be able to use your MV1 without your say-so." How does that work? The only mean I can think of would be a centralized web server and having the vape connect to it every-time it powers up, since it's not possible to have it work the other way round (i.e. the server has no clue where the device is and can't send messages to it)

This is quite puzzling... without Internet access. Has the device some sort of Wi-Fi connectivity? I hope the answer is no otherwise the privacy implications would be huge (seeing not a single giant Internet company is able to safely store our personal data, as illustrated by the major hacks and breaches reported every couple of months in the media)

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Oh man I put it on the micro usb for initial charge. I thought the first time should be long and slow and afterwards the fast charger was good to use. Oh well. Once I get home I'll switch to the fast charger. Thanks again for that @VCBud.
You probably dont want to do that now that you have already started charging it. Its typically best to not interupt or cut short the first charge on new batteries.

Tranquility

Then that part: "Just log into your account to lock or unlock the device, safe in the knowledge that no-one will be able to use your MV1 without your say-so." How does that work? The only mean I can think of would be a centralized web server and having the vape connect to it every-time it powers up, since it's not possible to have it work the other way round (i.e. the server has no clue where the device is and can't send messages it to it)

This is quite puzzling... without Internet access. Has the device some sort of Wi-Fi connectivity? I hope the answer is no otherwise the privacy implications would be huge (seeing not a single giant Internet company is able to safely store our personal data, as illustrated by the major hacks reported every couple of months in the medias)

No matter how awesome the vape is otherwise, it is off my list because of the app. Security issues are important--especially until cannabis is well accepted in society. I understand I'm old and still scared about turning over all my information to others and the youngun's don't seem to much care so I'm probably not the target market. (To steal a meme; I'm of the generation that got mad if you read my diary. Today, people get mad if you don't.)

That being said, is unauthorized use of vapes really a problem? Maybe it's just the crowds I hang out with but I've never heard anyone, even in the back of their minds, wish for such a feature. Also, if someone gets access to the password/app/account, can they brick the vape?

sixstringsmash

Welcome back and glad to see you back on the forum here Bud! Really look forward to hearing what you and the other members who get one of these have to say. I haven't put an order out yet but have been paying close attention to this one and if it turns out to hit as nice as I hear I can't imagine holding off my purchase on this for much longer.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@OldNewbie, you don't have to install the app to get a fully functional vape or the extended 5 year warranty, for which you can register online for in the 1st 90 days. The only additional features that I know of to-date that you won't have access to are firmware updates, the ability to change 2 of the higher heat setting to your custom preferences, locking your vape & the Refer-a-Friend option. As of now, I'm not intending to add the app.

Baron23

@Stu , et al - what happened to the thread in the pre-release section? I thought that they normally just moved the thread over to the regular section when it was released??

@VCBud - nope, its not scraping against the silicone in the heat sink. The glass MP is scraping on the ceramic in the heat sink and Ghost has acknowledged that they tightened the tolerance of that opening a bit too much and will be sending out replacement parts after tooling is modified.

P.S. - while I hear a little bit of scratching, it has NOT scratched up my glass MP at all. Key right now is to pull the MP straight out being careful not to angle it to any side and its OK.​

All - As far as my two main gripes, the lid not latching and the display/controls.

I will get used to one button/idiot lights and will be able to operate the vape without problems, but I still think that design is sub-optimum. This falls into just a preference...a difference of design philosophy, if you will.

The lid not latching is, IMO, a serious issue for anybody with with dexterity issues or movement disorders. Those medical marijuana patients will not like the current design at all as will not a number of other people once they dump a load on their carpet trying to get it into the device. I understand that Ghost feels that there is a technical performance reason for the current implementation, but they need to trot that reason out to the community. IMO, it better be a REAL BIG REASON to justify the trade off of this fiddly lid design.

is unauthorized use of vapes really a problem?

Probably not, but what about locking it up so little johnny doesn't take it out for a spin with his playground friends? Or, if it got stolen. I too wonder how this is implemented. A simple lock over bluetooth from the app would do for the former condition and I don't think there will be so many vapes stolen to make this a very useful feature...but who knows?

I share the concern about how you can lock and unlock a device from Ghost's website. Just exactly how was this implemented? Exactly what is the signalling path?

Mine is charging on the fast charger right now.

Package is first class and so far all of my dealing with Ghost have been excellent. Rather like these guys even though we differ on how some features/functions were implemented.

Vape feels VERY solid and well built in my hand. Yes, there is silicone to seal against...I believe....the swing arm and indeed will be in the vapor path. It doesn't alarm me, personally, but we are all entitled to our own material fears and fetishes.

Well, until it gets charged and I use it, that's all for now.

Last edited:

CbdLife

Those who pre-reserved a unit before launch have started to receive their vapes and Ghost will be opening up their site for new orders very shortly.

I really appreciate being welcomed to post here again guys, thank you.

I can completely understand and empathize with any skepticism about me and the scenario with Ghost, I'd feel the same way if the roles were reversed.

For what my word is worth I truly had all our best interests at heart by making damn sure they produced the best vape they could before coming to market, and anything I thought you wouldn't like I petitioned them to change (some got done, some didn't, but I pushed hard).

One of the biggest things I think you guys will be impressed with is the vapor quality and potency of this one, and that's really what takes this vape up a level in my opinion. However, getting across how strong a vape is in a video is a very difficult thing to do. I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it, but your opinions are ultimately what matters most, so I sincerely hope you agree if you try it.

Thank you and stay up!
-Bud
Glad to have ya back on FC Bud...
Got my MV1 today...
Very well made , I like the weight to it
Charging it up right now

Tranquility

@OldNewbie, you don't have to install the app to get a fully functional vape or the extended 5 year warranty, for which you can register online for in the 1st 90 days. The only additional features that I know of to-date that you won't have access to are firmware updates, the ability to change 2 of the higher heat setting to your custom preferences, locking your vape & the Refer-a-Friend option. As of now, I'm not intending to add the app.
The vapes I've purchased before making my decision on apps (FF2 & IQ) both seem much better after firmware updates. Just sayin'.

Now, pretend I don't install the app and someone happens to see some registration number on the vape, can they register it and brick it?

Tranquility,
Reactions: SpudBob
Top Bottom