Discontinued Ghost MV1

cosimo

How long until the Ghost battery completely dies? any one know an estimate?

I've been using mine since november last year, past couple months have been using it every day, every 2-3 hours, 1-2 crucibles each time. Is there any way to determine how many cycles the battery has left or something like that as we can with laptop batteries?

anyone have a ghost battery that wont even hold charge for one crucible?

Just wondering.

floribud

Just curious can anyone use an unmodified MV-1 without charing in the middle while the sides are still green? I most always use the lowest heat setting and stilll have a very uneven cook. By the 3d draw are i can taste is char, not terps

How long until the Ghost battery completely dies? any one know an estimate?

I've been using mine since november last year, past couple months have been using it every day, every 2-3 hours, 1-2 crucibles each time. Is there any way to determine how many cycles the battery has left or something like that as we can with laptop batteries?

anyone have a ghost battery that wont even hold charge for one crucible?

Just wondering.

Well it's just 2 18650's inside that battery pack ... so find out out the average number of duty cycles for the 18650s in the pack. Better 18650s are rated for 500 duty cycles. But that just means that after 500 cycles they are are at 80% of their capacity. If the batteries are rated 3000mAh, then after 500 cycles they'll be at 2400mah. They won't last that long, but still should polish off a few crucibles.

Anyway here's some general info. https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Prolong-the-Life-of-an-18650-Battery/ To get more specific so if someone knows exactly which 18650s Ghost used (if they actually only used one battery type, the factory may have just used whatever was available if they were trying to cut costs)

Last edited:

cosimo

Hi friends! I don't have a scale big enough for this, so could someone help me? Anybody know the shipping weight of an MV1 in it's original package? @Vitolo do you maybe know?

Thanks

badbee

Hey badbee, very impressive .
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not :)

I was tempted to tease the other poster about learning the engineering skill of breaking a problem down into component parts. In this case, literally.

badbee,

cosimo

Thank you for the prompt responses. I have a very tiny scale that I can't even remember where i last put...anyhow the real prob is anything bigger than an inch 1/2 covers it's tiny screen. Will be sending an MV1 abroad from the US so I needed that info for some quotes. Thanks again.

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
AirvapeUSA is still offering a $100 pre-order discount on it's soon to ship Legacy.
Specs look very good, price is right with this pre-order discount and, most important of all, it is billed as a pure convection, instant-on-demand, basket-loadable all-glass vapor path isolated from the nasty CD ladden Chinese silver solder. I would say it is worth a go.

On another topic, I think there is a serious design flaw in the MV1 - the scintered metalic door latch.
I would always simply close the door allowing the latch to move itself out of the way = MISTAKE!
IF you own an mV1 and want it to last, HOLD DOWN THE RELEASE as you close the door and push on the door when you press the release. The object is to take as much stress off the tiny little fingers holding the door closed against massive spring pressure.

I purchased two additional units in Nickel, they remain unopened.
I resolved my door problem with an O ring after beating on the spring with a pair of needle nose pliers.

The vapor is incredible - but is it worth it? I drop a dosing capsule into my Crafty+ with FVT SS CU & Ti stem after chilling in the freezer and I can achieve some pretty decent low temp (180C) non-irritating vapor. The unit is truly portable, particularly with the OEM CU.

Yet, for some reason, I cannot help but reach for the MV1! It beckons and I think it may be the ritual of preparation - similar to the Dynavap, there is some satisfaction in the preparation wherein the Craft+ seems so darn easy.

So, is it the journey or the destination that makes the experience most enjoyable? Maybe getting there IS half the fun.:leaf:

:brow:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Can't say I'm surprised. The MV1 was way too complicated and the results weren't worth the hassle. Especially when vapes like the Milaana exist.

Cheesequake,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
My Ghost is great, no hassle, are the Milaana capsule/crucibles as easy to store and carry?

LesPlenty,
Reactions: cosimo

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Ask VapeCritic for one of his silicon bands... did you see his last video?

Also their website is still up. Are they holding out hope for a last minute buyer?

I have not seen his last video, where its at?

My experience with them has been good and bad.

There is a ticket fill out the form on there help page.

https://ghostvapes.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new/

I did that before knowing they went out of business, the website, might be up, but GHOST is gone.

It sucks that its broke, but at least it still works...

So.......
How do you go from here?
I was waiting to right a thorough review on this unit, which I love and hate, but mostly love, but now it seems meaningless...
It's such a shame because the idea behind the MV1 is great and I was hoping to see a new model that could fix some of the major issues I have with this device...
This was a step in the right direction and now this direction is gone...

What are the alternative that follow the same direction has GHOST?

badbee

Ghost and S&B are really the only vaporizer companies to recognize that cooling is a concern and built it in directly. It's all about thermal coupling and heat storage. Long straight glass tubes with laminar (aka smooth) air flow have both poor thermal coupling and not enough mass to store excess heat. In the last year folks have been realizing that you can improve that with glass beads in a stem. The beads cause turbulent air flow improving the heat transfer and provide mass to store it. Stainless steel ball bearings, if you don't mind that in the air path, would work even better due to greater heat storage capability in the higher mass.

Ghost's design was over engineered causing unreliability issues but they had the right basic idea. Combining two way air flow to turn a heat sink into a heat exchanger is brilliant. I would love to see a new vape designed around a heat exchanger. The stupid door on the MV1 could be removed from the design entirely, maybe with crucibles\weed holders (the metal dosing cap design is better) that slide directly into a channel with silicon gaskets. No separate door required. Give it a proper temp screen and more than one button to simplify the controls and you would be good to go.

Now we just need somebody to put up the money to design and manufacture this...

floribud

I have not seen his last video, where its at?

So.......
How do you go from here?

I think Bud may have taken down his final video. But he basically said he's done with weed. I said the same thing at 30, and then at 43 I came back to find the world of vaporizers ... so you never know.

Where do we go from here:

both the above seem to understand that cooling is possibly more important than heating. I mean the Boundless Tera and Vivant Vleaf Go are amazing heaters, but they need glass unless you plan to give yourself esophageal cancer from 200ºF+ heat in the back of your throat.

Then we have the WTF department:
So I think the future looks pretty good. And Ghost's website is still up, the designer's are still alive, hard to believe that knowledge is just going to die. Maybe they reorganize, get bought out, sell off the IP, or maybe the designers end up at a new company. So just sit back and enjoy your Tafée Bowle while this whole thing plays out

Top Bottom