Discontinued Ghost MV1

Some-new-user

I have the tinymight and really enjoy it also. Just it's not a MV1 for me. I use it without the cooling unit so I feel a bit more hit. I saw a video of vapefiend trying different glass tubes that tiny might had sent them - I believe these would elevate my experience.

Mini vap - is on the list although there was talks that the designer also helped with that taffe product i mentioned above so i might hold on a while longer. I'm expecting a mighty + soon or what would be even cooler would be a digital plenty with faster heatup.

Yes you are right it's fun to try these out.

cosimo

I have the tinymight and really enjoy it also. Just it's not a MV1 for me. I use it without the cooling unit so I feel a bit more hit. I saw a video of vapefiend trying different glass tubes that tiny might had sent them - I believe these would elevate my experience.

Mini vap - is on the list although there was talks that the designer also helped with that taffe product i mentioned above so i might hold on a while longer. I'm expecting a mighty + soon or what would be even cooler would be a digital plenty with faster heatup.

Yes you are right it's fun to try these out.

Hmm.. I'm saving for a Tiny Might believing it can achieve the same flavor as the Mv1... so you think it's not true? Not even at lower temp settings? i get that it not be as cooled, but I was hoping flavor would be matched.

Some-new-user

Hmm.. I'm saving for a Tiny Might believing it can achieve the same flavor as the Mv1... so you think it's not true? Not even at lower temp settings? i get that it not be as cooled, but I was hoping flavor would be matched.
I feel like I bought in to the vapefiend hype on this one. It's good, dont get me wrong. The flavour is nice, just not an MV1 for me but this is me starting at level 1 on the ghost and getting 1 or 2 nice terpy pulls with clouds. I then cycle through the temps until the crucible is spent.

TM guy recommended level 4 to start and 'prime' the heater - my words. Sometimes I start higher sometimes I just run it max.

Microdosing with the TM is so much easier but for me I much prefer being able to load 5 crucibles and hit them when and where ever I like. If you're at home or dont need stealth this might be a great option for you. I am really hoping to try new stems with it. Like I say I think the cooling unit does a very good job. I hardly use it and just put a screen in the stem or use half.

I really like the 1x 18650 replaceable on the TM. Maybe I just need to give that more time but the MV1 for me was boom maximum flavour and a punch to the face when you vape. That's why I bought another immediately after, as a spare so glad I did now. Sort of looking for a 3rd but as above I'll save now and see where this takes us. I think with products like the vleaf go on the market now the next few years should be pretty cool.

I guess you shouldn't leave dynavap out here either. They are rock solid and the vapour path is customisable. Glass, steel, titanium,wood. So many options out there its unfathomable. Dont want a lighter? Theres so many induction heaters out there.

Sorry I dont want to divert from the thread - someone was asking for alternatives. I think this is very difficult. I drink tea, other people drink coffee other people dont drink warm drinks. I like strong tea, 2 bags or brew it in a tea pot strong. Too strong for other people. This is how I see vapes. I cant tell you how you like your tea only how I like my tea. Personally.

I even half considered starting some sort of go fund me page to see of we could get the MV2 :lol:

Brewervapesalot

When my MV1(s) worked, they had better tasting flavor and cooler vapor. Not massively better, but better and cooler for sure. I also like crucibles. MV1 crucibles were ehhhh because the lids clogged waaaay too easy. But using new ones each time mitigates that. Just a lot of cleaning.

Unfortunately, that's pretty much where MV1's supremacy ended. Tiny might is easier to use, clean, and hits a bit harder. Lower temps compete for flavor with MV1.

Dopeydiver

@Some-new-user
I was wondering how easy the latch would be to replace based on the photos @kiddvudu2 graciously provided for us all. If it's not a hard replacement then maybe @Ratchett might know how to tackle the design and fabrication?

I used my STEALTH for 1.5 years on weekends only and it worked very well. I babied the latch by pushing in when opening, and pressing the button when closing to reduce wear. Then, last Friday night, I opened the latch while it was a little hot to stir the crucible, and the latch failed. I was heartbroken to learn that Ghost went out of business last month. So much for the warranty. . . .

Here is the good news: Since I had no warranty to lose, I disassembled the unit carefully and repaired the latch with a small bit of plastic and superglue. I then carefully put it back together and it works great again! I now have confidence that this can be easily fixed.

For parts and backup, I also picked up a new unit for $115 including shipping at Creamcity Vapes.

SquirrelMaster

I used my STEALTH for 1.5 years on weekends only and it worked very well. I babied the latch by pushing in when opening, and pressing the button when closing to reduce wear. Then, last Friday night, I opened the latch while it was a little hot to stir the crucible, and the latch failed. I was heartbroken to learn that Ghost went out of business last month. So much for the warranty. . . .

Here is the good news: Since I had no warranty to lose, I disassembled the unit carefully and repaired the latch with a small bit of plastic and superglue. I then carefully put it back together and it works great again! I now have confidence that this can be easily fixed.

For parts and backup, I also picked up a new unit for $115 including shipping at Creamcity Vapes.

That's awesome you were able to repair it so easily! Did you happen to snap any pictures of the repaired latch?

Dopeydiver

That's awesome you were able to repair it so easily! Did you happen to snap any pictures of the repaired latch?

Unfortunately, I did not. I was not sure if I was going to be able to get all back together. Now that I have done it once, I know I can do it again. I wish I could find some extra latch pieces to have on stock if one fails. They are really an easy fix once you figure out how everything is put together. It would be a breeze with other latches.

SquirrelMaster

Unfortunately, I did not. I was not sure if I was going to be able to get all back together. Now that I have done it once, I know I can do it again. I wish I could find some extra latch pieces to have on stock if one fails. They are really an easy fix once you figure out how everything is put together. It would be a breeze with other latches.

Did you just cut a chunk of plastic to put back the edge that was broken off, or did really shape it to look like the original? I feel pretty confident that when my latch eventually goes I'll be able to repair it after a few users have posted tear down pics. Thank you for inspiring confidence.

uncanni

I was heartbroken to learn that Ghost went out of business last month. So much for the warranty. . . .
Oh, wow, I'm just hearing this. I'm not the least surprised. For however good of a vape the MV1 is, it's plagued by so many problems that they never really fixed.

uncanni,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Damn it!
I just sent an email to Ghost because my latch door is not closing again!
Happened today...

How can I get it fixed now??? :(

m0sh,

readyman

I have a stealth for awhile and bought a black chrome from the sale the latch seals differently it locks in the stealth doesnt it kinda mushes in also the chrome heats up more and shuts off stealth never got hot Well just thought I would add that

readyman,

Some-new-user

I thought Ghost were still able to honour warranty. I would suggest getting in touch by their website and ask politely if you could let us know on here if you get any results.

Some-new-user,
Reactions: JCat

Vitolo

Vaporist
That is sad for me. The people behind the MV1 donated an honorable number of re-built Units to Paying it Forward.
I have a sector of patients that loved the MV1. I am wondering if there may be access to consumable parts (crucibles/pads etc.) for this group.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I am wondering if there may be access to consumable parts (crucibles/pads etc.) for this group.

I doubt it, unless you can find any remainng stock somewhere on the web.

But that's how the cookie crumbles. Our units will only be good until the battery dies. And then we are all shit out of luck. :cry: I love mine & intend to enjoy them for as long as the batteries work or they craP out which I pray isn't for a long while. :disgust:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I just took apart one that has a "broken latch" issue and I bent the little clip in the back that pushes the door open. Now there's only a tiny bit of pressure on the door when it's closed. Works like a charm, actually, better than new because the door's much easier to open AND close but still stays shut... They sent me a new one like 2 or 3 weeks before they folded and told me to properly dispose of the broken one... haha, glad I didn't cuz I sold the new one.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Are you sure you won't be sorry you don't have a backup if this one craps out in the short-run?
Nah, I still have an unopened one, crucible dispenser, crucible kit, and battery they gave me for the beta plus all the other accumulated parts and batteries... but I'm gonna probably sell all that stuff, too, eventually... and the one I just fixed. No wonder they went out of business, they should've made a better latching system and not offered a 5 year warranty. No hard feelings on my end, tho, it's still a great vape.

edit: I pretty much only use my Omni Ti these days anyway... I was primarily a dugout and bat guy for @ 25 years or so before I finally totally fucked combustion in '17.

Last edited:
Bologna,
Reactions: Summer

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Hopefully, the Chinese manufacturer will sell the Ghost directly on Alibaba/Aliexpress\Dhgate for around $100-$150 like the Mighty knock off price but a real Ghost at a fair price...and batteries.:myday:

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
I just got my Dynatech induction heater (AC) and a Ti tip (had M-Shadow)
I do own a Crafty+. I also own an MV1. An entire S&B 'dosing capsule' is too much for me. The Vapcap has an adjustable chamber(oven) and, although it was a real pain to position the ccd, it seems to work quite nicely now.

This is a great way to go, as a pinpoint single flame torch lighter, when properly handled, make the Vapcap high;y portable. The induction heater removes a but of required skill - a challenge for some.

Someone wished for a single battery Mighty. This is the Crafty+, minus the edigital display.
A smartphone app takes the place of the LED display and then the display is no longer prone to damage induced by a drop.

Requesting credit for your MV1: If you bought your unit direct from Ghost, I can see joining the party at the front of the creditors' line. If you bought inventory from a dealer - not so much. That would be needlessly manipulative and dishonest. A better approach might be to contact the dealer and try to work out a reasonable solution if you are truly disappointed. The fact that you found your way to this forum indicates you knew what you were getting into.

I think the Airvape Legacy, not yet shipping, looks incredibly interesting with swappable 18650s, conduction and air path components.It is an on-demand unit, as is the Ghost.
In closing, you cannot go wring with the Crafty+, and you will never need worry that the company is going out of business. S&B dominates the vaporizer market worldwide and they are not going anywhere.

Kimosabe,
Top Bottom