Discontinued Ghost MV1

jbm

I'll also add that Puffitup is now out of all models of MV1 (even the stealth black - were probably the last to go,) as of my checking this morning.

Some-new-user

Oh this recent news has made me very sad. These vapes were my daily drivers for a good 8 months. I think I had to replace my 2 that had been working flawlessly but then no matter how much cleaning, adjusting, packing and grinding differently. Going in to the calibration and trying all 3 levels. I just couldn't get them to perform. Replacements provided under warranty sorted it. I still feel slight differences between my two new units. Feel like the stealth is more consistent. I have a silver one too feels a little hit and miss at points.

I love the design of this - and the vapour profile. Really clean and such a punch (when it comes out right). Replacable batteries (8 hour charge time a bit harsh though)

I'm sure this design will be revisited. I'm sure the original designer(s) are still with us and hopefully passionate about what they achieved with this. The main thing I liked about the ghost was that I heard it was designed in London. I would have loved it if that was subsequently made in the UK. I'm not against China, chinese vapes, outsourcing manufacture but I love stuff that's over engineered. That plastic part on the latch should have never even come in to play, it should be metal or wood or something. It should be foolproof.

I have dismantled one of these vapes and feel the latch can be changed quite easily(if you had a replacement part).

I was under the impression that the slightly stoopid models were refurbs? Not going to go in too deep but the heater in there is quite sturdy. The whole thing is put together pretty well - I chipped the cooling unit on my mighty the other day. I'd totally cringe if that happened to the shell of my mighty.

I think it hits home how we take things for granted - a 5 year warranty means nothing when a company disappears without a trace. Then we're left unable to buy or even manufacture spare parts and then 20 years down the line all this is just a vague distant memory - a piece in a museum and peoples old collections.

So yeah I feel totally guilty and cynical where at a time theres a new virus around thats especially threatening to people with underlying breathing difficulties I'm feeling a little sad about a company selling a vaporiser going belly up. I feel guilty about that but I also hold hope that the brains behind ghost will have a MV2 out there somewhere.

I'm pretty sure this industry is still here for a good while. Its turbulent times. I'm not even 100% on my survival now but that's the thing other people will still live on. There will still be a story for someone to tell, I'm just hopeful it's a good story.

Mr. Me2

My brother isn’t on FC but recently got a MV-1 and the haptic feedback stopped working.

Does it matter? Is there an easy fix for it? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!!!

Mr. Me2,

junny89

Another one bites the dust.
Going 2 for 2 on this one. First haze and now ghost.
Paid full premium on both especially the ghost as I was on there order on the first batch. Some may remember me from the earlier days.
May be 3 for 3 with the airvape legacy but fingers crossed I end up getting that!

shame about ghost, I had like 3 replacements my self but have to say when it worked it worked and nothing can come close.
Lucky I got ample accessories and 3 batteries and guess keep using till it’s dead!
My haze is useless now which is a shame.

Djsleepy

Another one bites the dust.
Going 2 for 2 on this one. First haze and now ghost.
Paid full premium on both especially the ghost as I was on there order on the first batch. Some may remember me from the earlier days.
May be 3 for 3 with the airvape legacy but fingers crossed I end up getting that!

shame about ghost, I had like 3 replacements my self but have to say when it worked it worked and nothing can come close.
Lucky I got ample accessories and 3 batteries and guess keep using till it’s dead!
My haze is useless now which is a shame.

I did same thing(haze and ghost) , I got a good return so I got firefly2+ and a mighty ....right now ghost is sidelined!

and re: VAS I can’t say it’s real all I can say is I bought from two now defunct companies and I had to make up for it (I know excuses,excuses) LOL

junny89

I did same thing(haze and ghost) , I got a good return so I got firefly2+ and a mighty ....right now ghost is sidelined!

and re: VAS I can’t say it’s real all I can say is I bought from two now defunct companies and I had to make up for it (I know excuses,excuses) LOL

sadly I can’t return mine as they are so old now I’m stuck with the haze as a paperweight and the ghost I still use and put up with the inconsistency but that love for it has gone since I heard the news.
Oh I did also just pick up a new 2020M dynavap too!

Djsleepy

sadly I can’t return mine as they are so old now I’m stuck with the haze as a paperweight and the ghost I still use and put up with the inconsistency but that love for it has gone since I heard the news.
Oh I did also just pick up a new 2020M dynavap too!
No I meant a good”tax return” I’ve got six mv1s , and I still use but my latches are gone and I use gorilla tape which works good to keep shut big PIA so said what the hell and got two new toys

junny89

No I meant a good”tax return” I’ve got six mv1s , and I still use but my latches are gone and I use gorilla tape which works good to keep shut big PIA so said what the hell and got two new toys

oh hahah I got you now. All my matches are ok and not that bad but I can see this issue later on. how is the mighty going ?

junny89,
Reactions: cosimo

Djsleepy

Mv1 has it beat on first hit hands down but subsequent hits are about same flavor, what I'm tripping on is the flavor coming out my new firefly2+, I m still getting it down but I have had hits like a perfect fit from Haze Square.......just unbelievable flavor...

SquirrelMaster

Mv1 has it beat on first hit hands down but subsequent hits are about same flavor, what I'm tripping on is the flavor coming out my new firefly2+, I m still getting it down but I have had hits like a perfect fit from Haze Square.......just unbelievable flavor...

I keep hearing the FF2 has amazing flavour but the draw resistance is what turns me off.

I never really liked the MV1 at higher temps, there was something off about the flavour. I find myself becoming more and more of a flavour snob as time goes on.

kiddvudu2

I keep hearing the FF2 has amazing flavour but the draw resistance is what turns me off.

I never really liked the MV1 at higher temps, there was something off about the flavour. I find myself becoming more and more of a flavour snob as time goes on.
Same here brother. The MV1 single handedly converted me from a vape-it-until-it's-almost-black guy to one who rarely breaches 400°F (most often closer to 350 these days). I have just become more interested in delicious flavor and low temp effects over the past year with MV1 as my daily driver.

My only complaint now is what device will fill this role when my Ghosts become Ghosts.

Peese!

kiddvudu2

I received my Nickle MV1 from Puffitup today. There was no cellophane wrap on the box though. Vape looks fine and so far it seems to be in working condition. I put a full battery in and used my thermopen to verify it was getting just as hot as my SS unit does. I'm doing a few burn-offs before trying to vape from it though. During the 3rd burn-off I achieved the overheat protection warning with the mouthpiece out (not uncommon). The green gaskets feel stiff compared to what my SS's gaskets now feel like, I'm sure that's normal wear/tear for that silicone though.

I do feel better knowing I have a backup now though. Firmware updated, preset #1 set to 351, #2 set to 379, ready to rock and roll after a few more burn-off's. Time to cut through this quarantine fog with some MV1 vapor!

Peese!

crudo

wow fml, i got my unit like 2 month ago, already the door broke and now i wont get a replacement? fml

crudo,

Djsleepy

wow fml, i got my unit like 2 month ago, already the door broke and now i wont get a replacement? fml
Get some gorilla tape and make a piece exact size or a little smaller than latch, attach at curve with one end of tape and pull other end of tape toward the latch button look for the gap to close between latch and house of unit....I’ve got 6 with tape all working... reg duct does not last got spend money on gorilla tape..... hope it helps

crudo

Get some gorilla tape and make a piece exact size or a little smaller than latch, attach at curve with one end of tape and pull other end of tape toward the latch button look for the gap to close between latch and house of unit....I’ve got 6 with tape all working... reg duct does not last got spend money on gorilla tape..... hope it helps
Could you please provide me some pictures?

Top Bottom