• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

Djsleepy

Yeah, this deal is sooo tempting. But I assume the sale is because of one of two reasons:
1) they are clearing out inventory to make way for a new & improved version
2) they need to raise cash fast

I am hoping it is the former because I really want to get one of these. But as tempting as the sale is, I think I am going to hold out for an updated version. I definitely lost on the Haze Square and there are some similarities between the two (especially how finicky your technique must be to make it work).
I also really want to hold out for a better interface (updated firmware?) that hopefully a new version will include.

Yeah I didn't want to say it but I was thinking the same thing.........:ugh: I wish If the company is stable they would let us know......especially those of us that went thru Haze debacle....really want to see a MV2 !

Brewervapesalot

Yeah, this deal is sooo tempting. But I assume the sale is because of one of two reasons:
1) they are clearing out inventory to make way for a new & improved version
2) they need to raise cash fast

I am hoping it is the former because I really want to get one of these. But as tempting as the sale is, I think I am going to hold out for an updated version. I definitely lost on the Haze Square and there are some similarities between the two (especially how finicky your technique must be to make it work).
I also really want to hold out for a better interface (updated firmware?) that hopefully a new version will include.

I vote for a new toy, I mean version:D;)

O-G-Reg

Yeah I didn't want to say it but I was thinking the same thing.........:ugh: I wish If the company is stable they would let us know......especially those of us that went thru Haze debacle....really want to see a MV2 !

A bit concerned myself, especially since things go out of stock fast and for long. Fortunately this device has been nothing but consistent A+ vapor the past month I’ve been using it.

Wish the interface was better and there was a better way to swap crucibles on the fly without just dumping them; I always use as a duo so usually we want about 3 back to back.

ANYWAY! Question, hopefully not a bad one.

Ghost is out of mouthpieces for this sale. Mine is plastic and cracking.

Anyone have any first hand experience using a glass MP in the new heatsink? Is it at least as good as the plastic? Potv glass 3 packs for $30 -15%. Wondering if its a good alternative?

Thank you millions!

vapenerd

Just came here to say that the 35% off discount code SUMMER35 will work "for a few more days". I still won't buy a Ghost but some of you might want to profit from that offer. Happy vaping! :)

vapenerd,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Mr Mellish

A bit concerned myself, especially since things go out of stock fast and for long. Fortunately this device has been nothing but consistent A+ vapor the past month I’ve been using it.

Wish the interface was better and there was a better way to swap crucibles on the fly without just dumping them; I always use as a duo so usually we want about 3 back to back.

Anyone have any first hand experience using a glass MP in the new heatsink? Is it at least as good as the plastic? Potv glass 3 packs for $30 -15%. Wondering if its a good alternative?

Thank you millions!

I actually preferred the glass to the plastic but both work just fine if you're not too "dropsy."

Baron23

The battery packs are out of stock.:( We do not have a confirmed date when they will be in.

Nerissa :)
Nerissa...I know its not you who is responsible for ordering stock....but you may want to point out to the powers that be at Ghost the VERY negative customer reactions that Hopper Labs is getting for not being able to stock their proprietary battery....proprietary battery just like the MV1 battery is proprietary.

You can NOT sell a vape with any ethics at all if you can't keep a supply of the batteries for them and you are the sole source for them.

I have to say, out of batteries and no ETA....that just takes my breath away.

O-G-Reg

Nerissa...I know its not you who is responsible for ordering stock....but you may want to point out to the powers that be at Ghost the VERY negative customer reactions that Hopper Labs is getting for not being able to stock their proprietary battery....proprietary battery just like the MV1 battery is proprietary.

You can NOT sell a vape with any ethics at all if you can't keep a supply of the batteries for them and you are the sole source for them.

I have to say, out of batteries and no ETA....that just takes my breath away.
I know its not the best solution, but if you need a battery creamcityvapes has them, 20% off and free shipping with coupon code CELERITY. I’ve bought both a battery and dispenser from them with it. No issues whatsoever.

Baron23

I know its not the best solution, but if you need a battery creamcityvapes has them, 20% off and free shipping with coupon code CELERITY. I’ve bought both a battery and dispenser from them with it. No issues whatsoever.
Good catch...they do indeed and I'm not sure what its not the best solution. At least people can get a battery (well, in the US) and its the same list price that Ghost charges.

Thanks....I have heard a lot of good things about Cream City Vapes.

wastedpotential

With everything going on in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Japan, the Korea's (and said shipping lanes), I expect things to get worse before they get better.
I think it's important to remember that supply chains can get messed up during trade wars.
And we probably want to be cautious for counterfeit products, so the quicker Ghost can get their 'official' supply, the better.

The recent news of vaping injuries should be a reminder to us all that we need to be careful with what we put in our bodies, and should prompt us to stick with official vendors for our products. Currently, all the vape injuries appear to be related to black market 'street' sales. But, Amazon and other online vendors can be just as 'shady' with where their products come from, so remember to know your vendors when it comes to health.

Djsleepy

Thank you millions!

Makrolon stems back ....still on sale ......

Djsleepy,

Mr.Meeseeks

Hey everyone.

Just wanted to praise the wonderful service I received from Bruce, the customer support representative handling my issue.
Within a week from opening a ticket, I received a brand new unit, and now I'm vaping again with joy, and no charred spots.
Best customer service I ever encountered:clap:

Djsleepy

Hey everyone.

Just wanted to praise the wonderful service I received from Bruce, the customer support representative handling my issue.
Within a week from opening a ticket, I received a brand new unit, and now I'm vaping again with joy, and no charred spots.
Best customer service I ever encountered:clap:

Glad to hear your charred spots are.gone.....and yes they are pretty incredible!

VTwinPAMan

Hello Everyone! I've read this forum on and off but it been a long time since I've checked posts, (I just created a user account). I'm thinking about taking the plunge on a Stealth MV1 during their 35% off promotion. I currently have a Vapman that I use daily, (2 bowls maybe 2/3 times a day). I'm hoping to get a vape that has cooler draws since I occasionally notice the heat from my Vapman. My use is personal recreation and I will only be sharing crucibles on rare occasions.

I have 3 questions:

1. Can I store the MV1 in my car for long periods of time? My concern is with temperature peaks, (hot & cold), and effect on battery life. Plus, I expect that I may not always finish the crucible in one session and hit it when needed.

2. Is there a noticeable odor carrying the MV1 and crucibles? *(I realize the crucibles will emit the smell of the herb. Just wondering if there is a good solution/product for pre-loaded crucibles and storing the Mv1).

3. If you had to do it over again would you suggest/make the investment in the MV1?

4. I'm considering the fast charger and extra crucibles with the initial purchase, (Yea, 35% discount). Would you suggest anything else?

Thank you in advance for your comments and suggestions. I'm certain this forum will be a great resource if I take the MV1 plunge.

VTwinPAMan,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Brewervapesalot

Remember to remove battery after use. You can put back in but take it out for a second because unless they fixed this, the bluetooth will turn when u turn on the unit but wont stop running until after you remove the battery. Other than that it's fine to store, no different than any other lithium ion battery (slow drain over time but quite along time and cold will affect).

Lower odor device. Crucibles and holder are not air tight. Stinky weed will be smelt, but the device's convection heating produces lower odor.

Get the fast charger for sure and a second battery.

Unit runs as good as it ever will. Very good chance your happy, most likely. Especially since you won't be hitting it hard all the time.

But signs are there might be a newer unit at least on the horizon.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I'll answer these ?:

1. No extremes in car. You have a flammable battery & computer circuitry. If I leave it in the car, it's for less than an hour during sensible temps, but never the trunk or glove comp.

3. 1000% YES for repurchasing! The Ghost provides a vaping experience that completely jives with my vape style. I love it's convection vapor, design & ritual. The high I get from the Ghost is a different head than I get from my other convection vapes.

4. An extra battery. Some would say a 2nd mouthpiece assembly, but, unless you are a heavy user, you can hold off on this for a future sale. If not this assembly, definitely an extra mp gasket in case you tear it.

And you might consider extra stems, be they glass or plastic, because you only get 1 stem with your purchase (at least I think so) so if you lose it or do something to break the plastic (even plastic can get dropped & stepped on or develop fissure cracks) ... or a pet swipes or flings it when you turn away for a minute, you'll be out if luck.

I leave #2 to others.

My gut isn't telling me that there's a version 2 coming now. It's just coming into 2 years since release. I was thinking no earlier than 2-1/2 years, probably around 3 or 3+.

Brewervapesalot

What "signs" suggest a MV-2?

Problematic rollout, continued issues, app that gets really bad reviews and still isnt fixed apparently (https://ibb.co/TRZSjff), heavy discounts, lower availability of batteries, its about time, no denial by any ghost official. And I said on the horizon, not immediately.

Personally, i think they'll go for a good Christmas with MV1, then 2020 summer or fall announce a new version.

But maybe not. Kinda sad if I'm wrong because with modest improvements it would be a really great vape without legitimate griping about certain aspects.

EDIT: The last reason is necessity. The rate Ghost has sold the majority of units has peaked (or it wouldn't be doing a 35% off kinda close to firesale). No company can make it without loyal followers buying new products and/or the hype/sales a new product produces ...

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
then 2020 summer or fall announce a new version.

, its about time, no denial by any ghost official.

Well, you're back to the 3 year mark which I've been touting for the last year. IMO, 2 years is the average update cycle, but it is not necessarily an "about time" timeframe.

GV's mostly keeps their lips sealed as to what's going on behind the scenes, so I don't see no denial as indication of a new version.

My :2c:

Top Bottom