• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

Trulukkyphrank

Every time I open this thread, I see people complaining about the Ghost MV1. There's way more negative than positive feedback in here. I'm so glad I didn't buy one.

I think way more customers are very happy with there devices and are too stoned or whatever to write here ^^ I had a problem with my stealth device last month because of the coating after nearly a year use and the CS sent me immediatly a new satin silver unit that works perfectly!
It's a complex vaporizer with much going on so a higher chance of failure than others, but that's the price for the performance.

The MV1 works excellent or you get very fast a working device.

Baron23

Getting frustrated with the mv1. I did a full clean from top to bottom, assembled properly, battery fully charged and I made sure to pack the crucible correctly. Slow long inhales. Last night after just one or two inhales no more vapor. You can see in the pic the herb in the crucible is vaporized incorrectly, the herb in the middle is cooking way faster than the edges. If I keep going the middle will be charred. I went back to my mighty no problems, lots of vapor, perfectly vaped avb using dosing capsules. I started a ticket with ghost, I sent ghost more pics, and answered some questions the other day. I haven't got another response from ghost since. I showing both the ghost crucible and mighty dosing capsules. You can see the mighty is fully vaped no hotspots or unvaped herb. The mv1 is overcooked in the middle and undercook in the edges, this is not normal. In person it's much more pronounce than what the pics show. I really want to enjoy this vape but I'm lost at this point, just waiting for ghost to respond.

So, I ran my MV1 the other night while watching a LS.

Ran the crucible until no more vapor, temp stepping up along the way.

Open the crucible, as as ALWAYS I see what you seem to have seen when opening the crucible. BUT, when spilled out on paper, as always the AVB looks fine and I can't find the green which in the case of my two MV1's appears to be only the top portion of a few bits as they are gone when spilled out.

Now, I def get way more than two draws so you may well have an issue with your device or its assembly (heat sink assembly, perhaps).

Did you temp step? What temp did you run it at?

And I do agree that the MV1 and pretty much all pure convection portables just seem finicky while a hybrid like the Mighty just trucks on.

dron19

I found that in the heat sink that rubber stopper on top def has a correct way to insert. One way not much vapor and didn’t work as well... other way hits great so was definitely leaking air... there’s a little flat spot ever so slight that determines direction....

Djsleepy

I found that in the heat sink that rubber stopper on top def has a correct way to insert. One way not much vapor and didn’t work as well... other way hits great so was definitely leaking air... there’s a little flat spot ever so slight that determines direction....

Can you take a.picture of that?

Djsleepy,

Allbusinessjr

So I just received a replacement unit for chipping finish and I’ve noticed that my crucible tray no longer has a stop-click when fully opening the tray. The unit with the defective finish had a tray that would click into a fully opened position, but my replacement unit does not exhibit this feature. It seems like the housing has a plastic clip that is intended to cause this fully-open lock, but this unit just doesn’t catch on that tab. Doesn’t impede function, but landing the crucible is slightly more challenging now that it swings freely.

Anyone else’s unit have this issue?

Allbusinessjr,
Reactions: LesPlenty

dron19

I know how to do it......thx....but where is the info about the flat spot? Are you referring to the part that lines up with gap that is flat? I'm curious.more than anything...
They tell you in the vid about the flat spot on the rubber piece to match it up with the heat sink flat spot but they don’t show it. I will be off work in 6 hours where I can try to figure out how to post a pic

Darwinci

So I just received a replacement unit for chipping finish and I’ve noticed that my crucible tray no longer has a stop-click when fully opening the tray. The unit with the defective finish had a tray that would click into a fully opened position, but my replacement unit does not exhibit this feature. It seems like the housing has a plastic clip that is intended to cause this fully-open lock, but this unit just doesn’t catch on that tab. Doesn’t impede function, but landing the crucible is slightly more challenging now that it swings freely.

Anyone else’s unit have this issue?

The replacement Stealth I just received (very quickly) does not lock into an open position like the first one I got. I'm hoping that means it is from another lot and it will not have the same latch issue. I did notice that the battery in the replacement MV1 had the same lot number as the battery in my first MV1.

Darwinci,

kiddvudu2

@dron19, use postimage.org, imgbb.com or any pic hosting service of your choosing other than imgur or tinypics. My votes for postimage.org because it's super easy to use & you can upload multiple pics at one time.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pics-using-postimage-org.34584/

Not sure if this is just a fluke but I started getting chrome ad popups right after I posted my previous picture via postimage.org. I run a pretty tight ship on my devices and accounts, so this was very odd. When I tracked it down, the culpret was postimage. But, it may have just been bad luck for me. FYI.

Cheers!

Summer

Long Island, NY
I don't get any popups. No one else has ever mentioned this. I have popups blocked on laptop via my security software. On my phone, when I go to a new site, Chrome asks to allow or block popups.

Mr.Meeseeks

I seem to be having a similar issue to that of @david8613.

All of a sudden, after a regular cleaning (using only soft dry tissues), the ghost started spotting the material in the crucible, sometimes up to a burning point, where actual smoke came out of the mouth piece, choking me in the process, as I don't smoke for a long time now.

I checked the cooling unit, and it seems that issue starts before, as after a couple of uses, I can see that one side of the unit looks cleaner than the other, as if less vapor is generated and goes through on that side of the cooling unit. I made sure it is clean inside.

I checked the coils during operation, and everything looks as usual. No idea what's going on.

Mr.Meeseeks,

david8613

I have some very good news guys. I was talking with virgil from ghost vapes, he was very quick and very helpful! thanks Virgil you da man! I only did one crucible since I changed the calibration setting as recommended from virgil. I am not sure yet if this solved my problem, I gotta run it through a couple more times but I think this worked for my mv1, so far so good looks like hotspots are gone, its still a little green in there but I didn't run it at higher temps I wanted to see if the hotspot/tunneling would return, very happy right now. I hope this helps some.

read this for calibration settings, Virgil recommended I run cooler than default.

before calibration settings changed

after calibration settings changed

Last edited:

Mr.Meeseeks

I have some very good news guys. I was talking with virgil from ghost vapes, he was very quick and very helpful! thanks Virgil you da man! I only did one crucible since I changed the calibration setting as recommended from virgil. I am not sure yet if this solved my problem, I gotta run it through a couple more times but I think this worked for my mv1, so far so good looks like hotspots are gone, its still a little green in there but I didn't run it at higher temps I wanted to see if the hotspot/tunneling would return, very happy right now. I hope this helps some.

read this for calibration settings, Virgil recommended I run cooler than default.

before calibration settings changed

after calibration settings changed
Interesting... what temperature are you vaping at?

Mr.Meeseeks,

david8613

when I first got my mv1 I was running 1 yellow to start but never got anything at all, no vapor and maybe a tiny wisp of flavor, so then I changed I would just start with 2 yellow and ramp up every few draws until done usually I ended at 3 yellow or 1 red. now since I did the calibration I ran 1 yellow to see if anything changed and I got some vapor and lots of flavor right off the bat, I was like ok this is good! after a couple of draws I went to 2 yellow and then 3 yellow, I never went to 1 red because I felt I wasn't getting anything anymore, I think it was spent, maybe 1 more draw if I pushed it. so I think it is running better now. I have to do a couple more crucibles to be sure, lol. this calibration setting can also help anyone who might feel there ghost mv1 is not running hot enough by going up instead of down.

I think a lot vapes have this setting now, I know my firefly 2 has something similar but I think it can be dialed in a little more precise. ghost should put this setting in the app. it would easier to get to.

Last edited:
david8613,

Mr.Meeseeks

Unfortunately, calibrating the Ghost to the lower settings did not help. Still one part gets charred. Always the same part.

This is how the cooling unit looks before cleaning. The uneven vapor flow is even more visible now. One side appears to be almost clean, while the other is all sticky.

Mr.Meeseeks,

david8613

I think I jumped the gun with my post yesterday, I ran her last night. I did get a couple of hits but it just stopped producing vapor. when I check my crucible, a lot of green left, no hot spot but not everything was vaped properly, so I am gonna calibrate back up to see if something changes. I am already in contact with ghost. I will keep everyone updated once I figure this out. It's more greener in person.

Last edited:
david8613,
Top Bottom