• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

VTwinPAMan

I just took the leap and ordered a Stealth MV1. Thank you, forum members, who have answered my questions.

I know I need to charge the battery when things arrive. Is it better, for the life of the battery, to do the initial charge with the supplied USB cable rather than using the fast charger?

I read that you should perform a 'burnoff' on a new unit to eliminate any silicone residue/taste. Can someone tell me exactly how this is performed?

Lastly, (for now, LOL), are the dimensions of the MV1 printed somewhere? I'm wondering if it can be stored in the JYARZ Stash Bag? https://www.jyarz.com/collections/containers/products/jyarz-stash-bag

Summer

Long Island, NY
GV says it's fine to use the fast charger to charge the 1st time, many do, but others think it's healthier to do an initial slow charge to condition. The later is what I do because some respected members who understand batteries suggest it. :shrug: Can't hurt to take it slow for the 1st charge.

As for the "burnoff":
Once your Ghost MV1 is charged, we recommend running a burn-off cycle before use to make sure there’s no residue left over from manufacturing or shipping. With nothing in the oven, turn the MV1 to concentrate mode, or three red dots. Hold the heating button on the back of the device and hold it until it shuts off, but don’t draw on the MV1. Repeat this process two or three times, until you don’t smell anything. Set the temperature back to the third power level, and wait for it to cool down while you grind your herbs.

The upper green silicone can be removed and easily put back in, but I would recommend not taking it out if you do not have to.

The upper green silicone can be removed to rinse in soap & water if you feel you need to.

I did the 3 burnoffs & let the vape completely cool down & repeated.

I have been through 3(2stealth,current satin) of these and at this point it’s gotta be me right ?

Unless there's a new firmware glitch in all MV-1s mfr'd, it would have to be you.

http://support.ghostvapes.com/support/solutions/articles/33000240097-why-can-t-i-see-any-vapor-herb-

http://support.ghostvapes.com/support/solutions/folders/33000205741

And read through this entire thread as it may help:

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/3262/ghost-mv1-cant-produce-vapor-after-a-month/p1

And peruse the thread as there are a # of posts concerning vapor production. If all else fails, open up a ticket with GV as they are most proficient at helping; I'm sure that they have an established checklist to run through.

BTW, confused as there's no zirconia in the vape. Did you mean ceramic?

Do a member search for
what is this thing I keep hearing about people taking baking battery in the middle of a crucible? what exactly is the purpose?

If you are not going to vape the entire crucible in 1 session, you remove the battery from the vape to disengage the bluetooth feature so as not to further drain the battery. Anytime you finish a session you so do this. You don't have to actually separate the battery from the body - just slide the battery down from the body to break the connection & slide it back up. This will put the vape back in shipping mode. Hopefully the next firmware release will have a way to turn off bluetooth altogether so this will be one less step to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herbie

So, I just bought the MV1. I have to say, THIS is the vape that I’ve been looking for! The flavor FAR exceeds anything else I’ve tried. This includes several Pax units, a Firefly (1st version) and a Mighty.

I got this thing rolling last night and was blown away. Of course I love to get baked but I guess I am a Flavor Chaser too. The flavor was everything I hoped for. Could not have possibly been better. Nothing but terpenes and flower. Plenty of vapor. (Hopefully, that’s all there was since I didn’t do a burn off. Thought about it but didn’t see that requirement anywhere in the Ghost materials.)

I was wondering if you all find there to be the same large difference in flavor, between the Ghost and the Mighty? I like the Mighty for overall vapor quality but for me - it is not even in the same league as the Ghost. For me, the Mighty has a decent first couple hits (at 375) but there’s always a warm, maybe ‘old popcorn” (or is it plastic?) taste that comes with it, impacting the flower taste. Successive hits decline in quality, of course. I tried the glass mouthpiece but it didn’t really improve anything and didn’t fit well anyway.

I’m left wondering, if ONLY judging by flavor, why anyone would buy a Mighty vs Ghost.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Djsleepy, GV advises against it & there's really no need to unless you are someone who is super- sensitive to silicone & need to lessen the odor by rinsing it in soap & water (@LabPong, did you do a quick dip in iso, too?) or if it somehow became filthy. A few if us on VLF have removed it. I had on several occasions when I got my 1st one. If you do remove it, don't start by pulling it from the top, rather, use you thumb through the crucible door to depress the silicone in order to dislodge it from its seating & push it up, then, remove from the top. Just be SUPER-gentle as it's silicone which is subject to tearing. ***Before you attempt this, be mindful that there's no replacement part available for purchase!

Welcome, @Herbie!
The Mighty is a hybrid (convection & conduction) & the Ghost is convection. Different animals. The Mighty is a true session vape for 1 or more peeps & can be enjoyed "sipping" vapor over time. It continues to heat your herb for minutes regardless of whether you draw or not, hence conduction. The Ghost only heats your herb for a very short, regulated amount of time, so no conduction. It doesn't work for passing around unless I do 1 crucible & then you do 1. I think they both fill different vaping niches depending on preference & needs.

Last edited:

Herbie

@Djsleepy, GV advises against it & there's really no need to unless you are someone who is super- sensitive to silicone & need to lessen the odor by rinsing it in soap & water (@LabPong, did you do a quick dip in iso, too?) or if it somehow became filthy. A few if us on VLF have removed it. I had on several occasions when I got my 1st one. If you do remove it, don't start by pulling it from the top, rather, use you thumb through the crucible door to depress the silicone in order to dislodge it from its seating & push it up, then, remove from the top. Just be SUPER-gentle as it's silicone which is subject to tearing. Before you attempt this, be mindful that there's no replacement part available for purchase!

Welcome, @Herbie!
The Mighty is a hybrid (convection & conduction) & the Ghost is convection. Different animals. The Mighty is a true session vape for 1 or more peeps & can be enjoyed "sipping" vapor over time. It continues to heat your herb for minutes regardless of whether you draw or not, hence conduction. The Ghost only heats your herb for a very short, regulated amount of time, so no conduction. It doesn't work for passing around unless I do 1 crucible & then you do 1. I think they both fill different vaping niches depending on preference & needs.

Thanks Summer. Right, I get the differences between the Ghost and Mighty. I’ve been using the Mighty for 2-3 years. I’ve always wished it had better flavor. I’m just really wondering if others’ perceptions about the flavor quality are the same as mine. What is your opinion on how they compare, for flavor?

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Herbie, members who have both will weigh in. I don't have a Mighty, only 3 other hybrid, mostly conduction vapes. The Mighty/CFX 2 are on my wishlist for the rare occasions that I party with someone. But I have to be prudent & spend my scare dollars wisely, so I'm holding on to them for several unreleased convection vapes I'm interested in as I'm a diehard convection lover.

Last edited:

wastedpotential

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone else had this happen .

So I just got the ghost recently and for whatever reason after about 10 days of use the cloud production goes significantly down . I have cleaned the zeqrkonia with alcohol and the bottom of the heat sink the supplied wipe . I grind finer with more / less pressure, change batteries , and my crucibles are fairly clean. I have been through 3(2stealth,current satin) of these and at this point it’s gotta be me right ? Any tips would be much appreciated .

Have you cleaned the whole heatsink? If using finer grind, I find some 'dust' always finds its way up into the heatsink and starts caking up and slowing airflow.

wastedpotential,
Reactions: LesPlenty

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Hey guys, so I've been using this non stop for this part 10 days and its great.
I love this device, it is the best portable device I've used.

I do have a question, perhaps I'm doing something wrong?
I'm getting mixed vapor production.
If I pack lightly, I get a really nice tasty vapor, but not dense enough, it doesn't seem that I have a lot of vapor in the next few hits, if any, the ABV looks greenish...
After not getting any vapor from the Ghost, I tried using my Solo II and got more vapor from the ABV...

I tried packing the MV1 more tightly and the result was a really great dense hit (of course there is more pot as well), although a bit less tasty, but after that I got 2 more big hits, which is exactly what I'm looking for! even if its not as tasty.
Opening the chamber I can see that the ABV is not cooked even, so I allow myself to stir to get one more hit...and even then, I can get more vapor from the Solo II !
This vapor is not tasty at all, but there is more... I wonder if anyone else tried that? is that normal? there's a bit left in the ABV after a MV1 session?

Herbie

One more question. What is the point of the 3rd vibration in herb mode, when you’re hitting? Is this signaling that the heater is stopping? Is there a 10 second draw limitation or something? Or is it simply letting you know that it’s been 10 seconds (or is it 15?) since you started drawing (after the 2nd vibration)?

Herbie,

Poostuff

Please delete
Ghost customer service is the best I’ve experienced with any product I’ve purchased.

No one likes opening RMAs, I mean..maybe some weirdos do but most of us don’t. Ghost made it as easy as possible, they responded to my emails faster than I could reply & fixed my problem in just over a week at no cost to myself.

They really made an effort to keep me as a satisfied customer.
Solid customer service. I’ll be confident buying from them again.

wilky

One more question. What is the point of the 3rd vibration in herb mode, when you’re hitting? Is this signaling that the heater is stopping? Is there a 10 second draw limitation or something? Or is it simply letting you know that it’s been 10 seconds (or is it 15?) since you started drawing (after the 2nd vibration)?
15 seconds then it turns off,

wilky,
Reactions: Herbie

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Hey guys, so I've been using this non stop for this part 10 days and its great.
I love this device, it is the best portable device I've used.

Hey my man! Please don’t take this the wrong way, but your post confuses me. You say it’s great & the best but everything after the first two lines seems to contradict them. Am I reading this wrong? Maybe it’s just a Ghost thing and I wouldn’t understand? I really really want to get a Ghost but it seems like I’ve read a few posts that describe performance like the last two paragraphs and I wonder just how well it would work for me (or not)?

Ghost customer service is the best I’ve experienced with any product I’ve purchased.

No one likes opening RMAs, I mean..maybe some weirdos do but most of us don’t. Ghost made it as easy as possible, they responded to my emails faster than I could reply & fixed my problem in just over a week at no cost to myself.

They really made an effort to keep me as a satisfied customer.
Solid customer service. I’ll be confident buying from them again.

However, I’ve also read a metric shit-ton of posts like this^, about the excellent customer experience and that alone is enough keep the Ghost on my “possibilities” list. Carry on, good people!

bbchucks

"First hit isn't producing any vapor"

Recently purchased the GhostMV1, and everytime the first hit isn't producing any vapor even with a full charge. I've been using CBD dry herbs on 365F, wait for the vibration and hit it but nothing. The 2nd, 3rd and fourth all produce good vapor. I've tried higher temps on the first hit, from 365 to 390, along with a full battery charge.

Also just the other day, the GhostMV1 just charr'd on me after the 3rd hit on 370F temp, using the iOS app.
had the Ghost for about 8days or so and have not cleaned it before the Charr incident.

Could anyone provide some tips?

bbchucks,

Baron23

Recently purchased the GhostMV1, and everytime the first hit isn't producing any vapor even with a full charge. I've been using CBD dry herbs on 365F, wait for the vibration and hit it but nothing. The 2nd, 3rd and fourth all produce good vapor. I've tried higher temps on the first hit, from 365 to 390, along with a full battery charge.

Also just the other day, the GhostMV1 just charr'd on me after the 3rd hit on 370F temp, using the iOS app.
had the Ghost for about 8days or so and have not cleaned it before the Charr incident.

First thing I think of is moisture content of your flower. If the first hit is mostly just a dry out hit, AND you really want visible vapor on the first hit (which is not a hard requirement for me) then perhaps look to dry your herb out a bit before loading.

bbchucks

First thing I think of is moisture content of your flower. If the first hit is mostly just a dry out hit, AND you really want visible vapor on the first hit (which is not a hard requirement for me) then perhaps look to dry your herb out a bit before loading.

To expand a little - if i stop and wait about 30mins or so then resume - that first hit also produces no vapor. There's always some taste though just no vapor

bbchucks,

Djsleepy

I agree with @Baron23 re: drying bud out on piece of paper for 1/2 hour or so....sometimes my first hits are.what we call. "Flavor hits" with effects but little to no vapor.....sounds.like your first.hit maybe drying out bud for that good vapor second hit you're getting.....

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Also try different draw techniques.
Pull that first draw long and hard like you are trying to start a hookah. pull until hard and you will find an awesome first draw.

FlyingLow,

Djsleepy

So I remember many posts.ago either here or on vlf might have been Ghost rep anyways they said " your sweet spot will change over time" ......well I was cutting a new piece of hose I use to stabilize mp and turns out the piece was a little bigger than previous one I had set at my sweet spot...meaning pulled out a little more....so I tried it out and holy crap!
I'm getting some of the biggest , most vapor filled hits I've ever.gotten......so whoever it was thank you and for.everyone here periodically change mp postion.....it might just surprise you!

I was wondering afterwards was it that the sweet.spot changed or had I not found it originally:hmm: hmmmmm.....

david8613

I wonder if ghost could make a metal version of the crucibles with a lid that really attaches like the storz & bickles dosing capsules. I think this would produce a little more heat, a tiny bit of conduction couldn't hurt, but also help that seal a little more the mv1 needs and it would be easier to load in the ghost. I have a little jar full of these dosing capsules and I just pop them in and out of my mighty really easy. and if ghost designed a loading kit to load the a bunch of crucibles at once like the storz & bickle dosing capsules loading kit, I would buy one in a heart beat. everything is so much easier with that, in less than ten minutes you have 40 capsules ready to go! of course I would say we keep the normal crucibles for 100% convection, but having metal ones would be a nice option to have if one wanted, I like options.

david8613,
Top Bottom