• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

Brewervapesalot

Well, you're back to the 3 year mark which I've been touting for the last year. IMO, 2 years is the average update cycle, but it is not necessarily an "about time" timeframe.

GV's mostly keeps their lips sealed as to what's going on behind the scenes, so I don't see no denial as indication of a new version.

My :2c:

I don't think we've disagreed here in any way whatsoever.

To be exact, I said in my original post, "signs are there might be a newer unit at least on the horizon."

I certainly wasnt trying to plagiarize any one else's prediction, if that's possible. I think I just agree that after Christmas, Ghost is, objectively speaking, due for a new unit. That's why I said "signs" point that way.

When it gets down to do it, I personally and subjectively think a new unit is way over due because (I have been clear that) I personally am not a fan of the current unit, really at all, even though I once was, or really just tried hard to be... Ghost failed there, not me, but I appreciated the refund and very good customer service.

As to my statement about Ghost not denying that a new unit was on the horizon, that is true, and can be read either way. But it was purposely, and mostly, stated to goad a Ghost official into shedding some light on the issue....

Vapexhale for one has stated they'll be working on a portable at least at some point. The volcano has multiple iterations to choose from, and people still buy any of the three units. So I don't think silence about future products is really helpful to customers nor beneficial to the company.

So how about it Ghost? Why not tell us? The only reason not to tell us is because they may think they will sell more MV1's if they don't tell us...
(that theory has no truth applied to me... In fact, if I actually knew for sure a new unit was on it's way at some point, I'd be incline not to buy a competitor's unit--which would both help ghost and hurt a competitor...)

Moreover, if the point of not telling us is to trick people into buying a MV1 now, with the hope the same person will buy a MV2 too--that's just used car salesman tactics IMO. Imagine how pissed the the guy that buys the MV1 the day before the MV2 is announced will be....

Just saying... Inquiring minds want to know.... More silence we all know means the answer is "yes," a new unit is the works (for all the reasons Summer and I agree on), but without confirmation, the FW6, as an example, looks pretty damn good instead.

Last, another poster maybe seemed to think I said a new unit would be out sooner, or perhaps imminently, but that's not what I said in any way: I said "signs are" there "might" be a new unit "at least" on the "horizon." That was the reason for my second post, to clarify what I thought was not ambiguous.

Last edited:

buddingglasshead

So how about it Ghost? Why not tell us? The only reason not to tell us is because they may think they will sell more MV1's if they don't tell us...

Not the only reason, but that certainly is a good benefit as a business. Especially one that only has one main product.

Another good reason is to a avoid disappointment if it does end up taking longer than expected to release, then they are in the clear about not delivering on an expected timeframe.

Personally, I haven't had the extra money to spring for one.Otherwise I think I would have definitely spring on this awesome sale. Even with the latch issues, the 5 year warranty and customer service is enticing.

Brewervapesalot

Not the only reason, but that certainly is a good benefit as a business. Especially one that only has one main product.

Another good reason is to a avoid disappointment if it does end up taking longer than expected to release, then they are in the clear about not delivering on an expected timeframe.

Respectfully disagree. I'm not asking for a date, nor time frame. Nor am I asking about specific changes or redesigns. I'm asking is ghost working on a second unit at all??

And they can decide this "business decision" however they want, but answering whether or not your working on another unit does not harm the business. In reality, I gave specific examples about how them not answering in my case actually does harm them for one sale. At present, its about a month before the FW6 comes out. I dont need any more vaporizers (like everyone else here, lol). If there is a MV2 in the works, I won't buy a FW6, however. If I buy a FW6, I'm not buying a MV2.

Furthermore, think about this way: It's no secret any good car has a new model coming out the next year. And it will be better (well that's not so much true any more with all the EPA mandated crap, but the point is the same).

That knowledge does not stop customers from buying. It doesn't reduce sales either.

Why is it a secret to keep from your potential customers whether or not you're even working on a new model vaporizer???

Personally, I haven't had the extra money to spring for one.Otherwise I think I would have definitely spring on this awesome sale. Even with the latch issues, the 5 year warranty and customer service is enticing.

How would this change if you knew a MV2 was being worked on?

- You could buy a MV1 still. Or,

- You could wait some unknown amount of time, knowing at some point it's likely the MV1 price would drop some amount. Or,

- Or you'll buy a MV2 later.

- Actually, knowing an MV2 won't be around for a while may entice you to buy a MV1 now...

- And telling us would--in effect--quell some negative rumors that the sale is because the company is not doing well!

Stated really simply, unless ghost is on the edge of bankruptcy-strapped-for-cash right now, why do they care when you spend your money on them?

Wouldnt they feel better about letting their customers make an informed decision?

Weren't people above saying it was unethical to sell units and not have replacement batteries?

If ghost is not telling us in an effort to get some people to buy two units, when such customers would not have done so had they known a second unit was in the works, how is this any different?

(And I'm NOT saying it's a matter of ethics, just that it's a ridiculous secret to keep cause there is no REAL reason to keep such a secret... it's only in their mind if they think sales are going to drop if let us know whether or not their working at all on a second model.)

Last edited:

Baron23

If I were running one of these vape companies I would NEVER make any new model roadmap projections.

I have seen this play many times here.

First thing that happens is members start acting like they are a group of 10k small kids in the back seat needing to pee badly.

“Are we there yet” “are we there yet” “are we there yet”. Ad nauseam.

Nope, I would do exactly as S&B and Ghost.

Summer

Long Island, NY
When the Ghost was released, the VLF members were stating what they would like to see in a version 2. The GV reps said that they would take every suggestion into account for their next version. So, yes, I do believe there will be a MV-2. My guess is as early as Spring 2020 & as late Fall 2021. We'll see.

Brewervapesalot

If I were running one of these vape companies I would NEVER make any new model roadmap projections.

I have seen this play many times here.

First thing that happens is members start acting like they are a group of 10k small kids in the back seat needing to pee badly.

“Are we there yet” “are we there yet” “are we there yet”. Ad nauseam.

Nope, I would do exactly as S&B and Ghost.

Again not asking for time frames or a "road map projection[]." I asked if a MV2 was in the works at all? That's wholly different. Words matter.

It's also funny to me that some (odd?) devotion to a company leads some to advocate against their own interest, e.g., why not put pressure on ghost to let us know something we all want to know...?

More to the point, ghost does not have to state any time frames. A simply post saying while we are not posting time frames, or just broadly saying yes, at some point we will have a MV2, quells this straw man argument. They could also just say no, we have not started any work on a MV2.

No one is going to bug them after that. To the degree people do, it just creates/generates interest in the company and products.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
It's also funny to me that some (odd?) devotion to a company leads some to advocate against their own interest, e.g., why not put pressure on ghost to let us know something we all want to know...?

Having more than one MV-1 that I have no complaints or annoyances with, & having the 5 year warranty, I may very well wait until the 5 years are up or until a possible trade-up program when the MV-2 materializes. (The oldest unit still has 3 years left under warranty.) That's why right now, for me, knowing is of no nevermind.

No one is going to bug them after that. To the degree people do, it just creates/generates interest in the company and products

Of course people will whine & complain if they are impatient or feel they're waiting too long. It's human nature, especially when it comes to the vaping community. They want it, and they want it yesterday. :doh:

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I’m with @triskelion and think you are all bringing valid perspectives and interesting thoughts. I like everybody! I’m prolly gonna wait for the release of Ghost v2: The Casper Edition because it’s gonna be much stealthier than the Stealth edition. Industry rumours* say it’s going to have an onboard cloaking device and in place of buttons or touchscreen, a holographic display so the user can be like Tony Stark. I’m so stoked for this that if I have to wait until as late as autumn of 2021, so be it. But I really hope it’s the earlier projection from @Summer of Spring 2020 though. Any chance that we get some confirmation on all this from @ghostvapesofficial ?! :haw:

* total bullshit here, obviously

Baron23

Again not asking for time frames or a "road map projection

I asked if a MV2 was in the works at all?

Well, then I just kind of wonder WTF you think a new model road map projection is?

No one is going to bug them after that.

Wow, we must hang on different threads on this board because that's about all I see when vendor shares some info.

When you run a vape company you are certainly free to do as you please.

I doubt at 67 that I'm ever going to start up a vape company, but if I did....then as I stated is what I would do....without hesitation.

Cheers

VTwinPAMan

Respectfully disagree. I'm not asking for a date, nor time frame. Nor am I asking about specific changes or redesigns. I'm asking is ghost working on a second unit at all??

And they can decide this "business decision" however they want, but answering whether or not your working on another unit does not harm the business. In reality, I gave specific examples about how them not answering in my case actually does harm them for one sale. At present, its about a month before the FW6 comes out. I dont need any more vaporizers (like everyone else here, lol). If there is a MV2 in the works, I won't buy a FW6, however. If I buy a FW6, I'm not buying a MV2.

Furthermore, think about this way: It's no secret any good car has a new model coming out the next year. And it will be better (well that's not so much true any more with all the EPA mandated crap, but the point is the same).

That knowledge does not stop customers from buying. It doesn't reduce sales either.

Why is it a secret to keep from your potential customers whether or not you're even working on a new model vaporizer???

How would this change if you knew a MV2 was being worked on?

- You could buy a MV1 still. Or,

- You could wait some unknown amount of time, knowing at some point it's likely the MV1 price would drop some amount. Or,

- Or you'll buy a MV2 later.

- Actually, knowing an MV2 won't be around for a while may entice you to buy a MV1 now...

- And telling us would--in effect--quell some negative rumors that the sale is because the company is not doing well!

Stated really simply, unless ghost is on the edge of bankruptcy-strapped-for-cash right now, why do they care when you spend your money on them?

Wouldnt they feel better about letting their customers make an informed decision?

Weren't people above saying it was unethical to sell units and not have replacement batteries?

If ghost is not telling us in an effort to get some people to buy two units, when such customers would not have done so had they known a second unit was in the works, how is this any different?

(And I'm NOT saying it's a matter of ethics, just that it's a ridiculous secret to keep cause there is no REAL reason to keep such a secret... it's only in their mind if they think sales are going to drop if let us know whether or not their working at all on a second model.)

@Brewervapesalot I've been reading the forum religiously over the last several days so I can make an informed decision/purchase. I was curious as to why GHOST was offering, then extending, their current 35% sale. My initial thought was, "Sounds like a fire sale to move current product because a new product must be on the horizon".
I read hours and hours of this thread and noticed that GHOST ran promotions around major holidays. So this 35% discount is in line with previous promotions and bundle pack oriented sales.

I emailed GHOST with several questions. I specifically asked if a new product was on the horizon. I don't believe I'm giving away any insider information, (since I'm not an insider at all), however, GHOST's reply was, "Our Engineering Department is currently at work on new products". No time frame was given, (which I wouldn't expect).

If GHOST was to introduce a product shortly after I made a purchase it wouldn't upset me. It would reinforce that GHOST is a strong company looking to stay ahead of their competition. Plus, every new product is going to have kinks that need to be worked out.

My current vape is a Vapman with no moving parts, simple operation, and uses a butane lighter as the heat source. However, I get inconsistent ABV color since the temperature is based solely on my application of heat. I occasionally scorch the flower and there is no way to enjoy the extraction that an MV1 would offer with its preset temperature settings.

My conclusion:
I just have to decide if I want to go through the learning curve of the MV1 and deal with batteries. Knowing GHOST has impeccable Customer service and a 5-year warranty gives great peace of mind.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
GHOST's reply was, "Our Engineering Department is currently at work on new products". No time frame given, (which I wouldn't expect).

This could mean something or nothing. For example: GV has been working on android firmware update 1.5.1 wherein they correct some connection issues & some improvements like having the battery indicator come after the heat levels for at least 8 months. They have a beta team testing this next upgrade.

Unfortunately, I didn't stay on top of my gmail account which is only used for Ghost correspondence so I missed the email to be included in the beta team.

4 mos. ago, GV's (Virgil/Ghostteam) posted this update:

"Out of respect to everyone following this thread I won't beat around the bush with customer service-like verbiage regarding the mystery of the firmware update. I don't know when it's coming out.

When we announced we were working on the new firmware we had the best of intentions and every reason to anticipate a subsequent release shortly thereafter. We were excited to share and frankly still are, but in retrospect we spoke too soon. Until we know the firmware is ready and set to release we will hang tight with information going forward.

In the meantime we've put a lot of work into creating and updating our KnowledgeBase. The quickstart guide and our tutorials on Youtube admittedly have their shortcomings. Being keenly aware of this I created videos and how-to articles that get to the heart of the matter quickly, clearly, and simply. If you haven't checked them out, you can visit this link (hover over and click here >>> GHOST Vapes Knowledge Base

For those new to the MV1, a great place to start is here (hover over and click >>> How to Use the MV1"

This post was made in this thread:

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/99181

And in this thread, Virgil said a month ago:

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/5652/mv1-by-ghost-vapes/p1

"Our focus is on the completion and release of the firmware (I promise we are!). Also I don't have keys to the gate so to speak."

I have 3 - 4 years left on my warranties so I will sit tight. I will wait until any kinks are resolved. And, I have to logically assume that eventually after the new version sales start to wane GV may offer an upgrade trade-in like they did with the Stealth - I believe it was about 1-1/2 years after rollout. This way they can get the older, potentially troublesome MV-1 units out of the marketplace so they won't have to replace units that develop problems, like latch issues, peeling, coils burning out due to heavy, extended use.

As I said before, we'll see.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@triskelion, that's what I said -- FIX ... because it's not in their financial interest to keep replacing because it's more costly to do so.

"With all indulgence?" Not the correct word, but I get your meaning. No, I am not Ghost, but I love the Ghost MV-1. One of my top 3; always will be, so I am invested in its success. I was a beta tester for it so I've been around since it's release 2 years ago.

Last edited:

VTwinPAMan

...Time is ticking down until the 35% discount ends midnight tonight, (September 9th...I hear the 60 Minutes theme in my head...).I'm not a heavy herb user, nor a daily user, and my main reason for considering GHOST is the on-demand feature and knowing that I don't have to complete a crucible until its spent.

Will I be damaging the MV1 if I take a hit, or 2, or 3, then pull the battery so it doesn't trickle drain from the app connection? I've read that the MV1 will assume it is starting a new 'session' when the battery is reconnected. Does this mean I'll inadvertently go through herb quicker then if I just left the batter in, OR just finish the crucible?

How fast does the fast charger recharge a battery? (approximately)

I know GHOST has the dispenser, which seems great, but it isn't smell proof. I've seen that Delta3DStudios offer a Caddy + JyARZ Satchmo smell proof system. It is bigger and would carry more than I'll ever need however I might consider the investment for the discreetness it offers. Has anyone used this item and can you acknowledge this claim?

Thank you all in advance for helping!

VTwinPAMan,
Reactions: LesPlenty

david8613

what is this thing I keep hearing about people taking baking battery in the middle of a crucible? what exactly is the purpose?

david8613,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Welcome @VTwinPAMan! No issue with pulling the battery between sessions. I get 5 or 6 hits per full crucible, but there's also no reason you can't fill the crucible less full if you take less hits. Sometimes, I'll take 2 hits off a 2nd crucible & finish it off later.

Never really timed battery charging, but when it hits 1 light, it's never been more than an hour IIRC. Usually I charge after a session when it hits 2 lights & IIRC correctly 30 - 40 min. tops. Interested in others' experience. IIRC = guessing so I don't know how helpful my input is. :rolleyes:

Brewervapesalot

Well, then I just kind of wonder WTF you think a new model road map projection is?

Wow, we must hang on different threads on this board because that's about all I see when vendor shares some info.

When you run a vape company you are certainly free to do as you please.

I doubt at 67 that I'm ever going to start up a vape company, but if I did....then as I stated is what I would do....without hesitation.

Cheers

I think that it's clear, obvious, requiring nothing more than a dictionary and common sense, that a "projection" and a "road map" require a timeline.

That's not what I am asking Ghost. I am asking if they are working on a second model at all. I am not asking, nor have I ever asked for time line, road map, or projection.

I literally asked for a "yes" or a "no." In other words a one word response from ghost.

They obviously won't say. I assume they are not, they dont have the capital too, and that MV1 is one hit (none, average) wonder. The 5 year warranty is probably worth as much as any other bankrupted company: nothing.

FW6 here I come. Mark provides this information without hesitation. He doesnt think his customers annoy him (what's the saying of every successful business?: Rule number 1, the customer is always right. Rule number 2, if the customer is wrong, see rule number 1). I'll reward transparency with customers. Suggest others do the same. FW6 will only be $200. The FW5 is better than the MV1, so FW6 sounds great without a discount. I mean a HUGE percentage of the cost of Ghost products is marketing. Without transparency from Ghost because they dont want hear from customers and answer questions about new models--i choose to reward the little guy in the business and choose to buy an American made product.

Last edited:
Brewervapesalot,

dillsnufus

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone else had this happen .

So I just got the ghost recently and for whatever reason after about 10 days of use the cloud production goes significantly down . I have cleaned the zeqrkonia with alcohol and the bottom of the heat sink the supplied wipe . I grind finer with more / less pressure, change batteries , and my crucibles are fairly clean. I have been through 3(2stealth,current satin) of these and at this point it’s gotta be me right ? Any tips would be much appreciated .

dillsnufus,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom