Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I don't notice a difference between Ti and SS but I also heat to the default coil. There's a vid a few pages back.

Truly, the only difference in 15mm hot v. 15mm default is a little added delay to the click. 10-15% extra on 7 seconds is merely 1 second. That is a lot of heat in a tightly coiled IH. But if you always add 1 or 2 seconds anyway to get the extra oomph, then that amounts to the Hot tune option available.

There are too many different caps and flower to say what to expect with regard to clouds. I don't do air ports so my vape comes in thick and it clouds ,more than I want sometimes. I want it to be bio-mass not wall gum. Air-ports seems to cause clouds because the molecules are oxidized quickly and that keeps them from clumping. Technique and tools is everything. The idea is to pay less attention to the heater and start playing with more DynaVaps.

Flite was specifically tuned not to be a hyper-heater. This allows for a broader range of tips and caps to behave similarly. However, there is a huge difference in how the vapcap delivers the goodies. That is the uniqueness of DV! I love my tweaked '18 cap and tip the most and I won't ever own another '20-tip. 2020 caps are -special- and that is an upgrade from 'Yuck'. I use a 2020 cap from the DV-store for my plain old 5 fin Ti tip. Hits fine. I rotate 4 caps invariably and they all have their own joy.

fak

The Dude
Has anybody by any chance operated a flite in cold weather? Subzero temperatures (celsius), wondering how it operates in those conditions, I really bought the dynavap for on the go usage on walks etc, it gets quite cold where I am in the winter though.

fak,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The DynaVap suffers cold a lot more than the Flite. Draw quick!

Actually cold li-ion cells will yield less capacity. If you keep Flite in your pockets most of the time, no problem.

I keep my two comfy in their cozies. But they don't get out if I can help it.

20201130_135426.jpg20201216_143937.jpg

mecrobs

Those sleeves looks nice, add another thing to be hyped about to the list! So tired of this torch in this cold weather here, first heat up takes like 20+ seconds. I'm practically foaming at the mouth for this thing! :D

Flavor Vaper

Would you all mind commenting on how much pressure is required to activate the CAS? And it doesn’t require sustained pressure like the button, but gets activated so you can let go of the vapcap while heating, correct? I’m new to dynavap and have bad hands that can’t handle much weight or pressure without pain; was hoping to score an Orion but there’s no eta for the new model yet. Would love it if a flix or flite could work for me. Thanks for your help.

rvarick

Yet another question for you good people!
Can the flite do lower/flavorful temps well, or should I go flix?
If you're aiming for low(er) temps, I'd suggest one, or a combo of some of the following: the 16mm config, a low temp (or possibly captive) cap, SS tip, or a Flite with the push button switch (so you can heat with the tip elevated slightly). Hope this helps.

Mine with the 16mm coil isn't overly aggressive, and a low temp cap or push button switch could allow you to go even lower. And of course (almost forgot): using the PWM mode, in the 6pm-12pm range will also tame the cook a lot!

Or just pull out before the click. I like to try to hover in the area right before the click.
Very similar instructions are what lead to my first child being born... Timing was slightly off...

But on a more serious note, I think I'm going to order it with cap as a switch and keep reading up on which coil and such to use. I always want to get those mushroom clouds but I've been reading that mushroom clouds can be more of a couch-lock and lower temps activate part of the flower that is more psychedelic... Interesting stuff.

sag

I have a 16mm version with a button. It came way too hot for me. I did successfully lower the coil as much as I could without taking it apart. With the new set up I can get 2 full hits without getting uncomfortably close to combustion on the second hit. Nice unit for vapcaps. It is on vacation with me as we speak. Thanks to Jeff and I think it was Tom for the hard work to get this thing past the finish line. Pipes also could use a shout out.
Cheers!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
You are welcome @sag :D

15mm v. 16mm = intensity
15mm gets the job done
16mm gets the job done a little slower.
16mm is a little more forgiving in tuning.
If you like low temp caps, you might like 16mm better.
If you want to get the job done - 15mm.
Anything in between - you can't go wrong - Jeff will get you happy! :nod:

Hot tuning will deliver more complete first draws at the risk of combustion on the second.
I prefer a default tune and add a few PWM heartbeats if I only want to do 'manual mode'.
These devices become second nature pretty quickly. I see Flite more as a flameless torch.
Unfortunately, Flite is also a mythical Sirin as @mecrobs alluded to. @mecrobs is not wrong :leaf:

fak

The Dude
You are welcome @sag :D

15mm v. 16mm = intensity
15mm gets the job done
16mm gets the job done a little slower.
16mm is a little more forgiving in tuning.
If you like low temp caps, you might like 16mm better.
If you want to get the job done - 15mm.
Anything in between - you can't go wrong - Jeff will get you happy! :nod:

Hot tuning will deliver more complete first draws at the risk of combustion on the second.
I prefer a default tune and add a few PWM heartbeats if I only want to do 'manual mode'.
These devices become second nature pretty quickly. I see Flite more as a flameless torch.
Unfortunately, Flite is also a mythical Sirin as @mecrobs alluded to. @mecrobs is not wrong :leaf:
Ahh I see, so a 15mm default would be a set it and forget it type of configuration, 2 full hits with no combustion and lots of flavor/full extraction whereas the hot position will require possibly pulling before the clicks/fine tuning of timings?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@fak - Correct, I think. I rarely combust with the default setting.
I draw on the first click to maximize the second draw when hitting it back to back.
This morphed from a gleaning of DV - George's method. Works great when the IH cooperates through tuning.

In case you are not familiar, George's method is a way to produce clouds according to the rare instance we're seen George toke. And he delivered, of course. The idea was to take '20-M and cook it until the click. You have the option to take a 'small draw' at this time but put it on the DynaMagnet to get the cooldown click. Then again heat to the click. On this second click - draw like heck - airport wide open. It fucking works!

George lost me at "why would you want that nasty 3rd draw..." LOL

sesh732

Imaginable
My current PWM mod ( approximately 0.5 Hertz, 33% on square wave duty cycle) is really difficult to adjust with no knob included and frankly, it's slow. Maybe I need a more agile thumb rig setup or something

sesh732,

sesh732

Imaginable
@sesh732 - can you expand on your thought? Sounds like you could use a dial enlarger for setting PWM.
An enlarger might be best, Lord knows I have a ton of emails suggesting the same. Maybe I've inherited inadequate implements, but holding my thumb down every couple seconds for a bit to get my clouds makes me want to see my flite in the mail!

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Y'all are driving me crazy lol I'm holding out for the batch #3 update over here sweatin bullets lmao
No stress, please. I’ve shipped some today, I’m taking a break now, and I’ll complete more later tonight, after the rest of my family’s asleep and I have more time for myself. I’ll finish the remaining heaters and ship them in the next day or two. It’s a process, and they are coming together nicely. Thanks again, all!

Flavor Vaper

If you're aiming for low(er) temps, I'd suggest one, or a combo of some of the following: the 16mm config, a low temp (or possibly captive) cap, SS tip, or a Flite with the push button switch (so you can heat with the tip elevated slightly). Hope this helps.

Mine with the 16mm coil isn't overly aggressive, and a low temp cap or push button switch could allow you to go even lower. And of course (almost forgot): using the PWM mode, in the 6pm-12pm range will also tame the cook a lot!
Why SS and not Ti? People usually suggest Ti for lower temps.

Top Bottom