Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

rvarick

Why SS and not Ti? People usually suggest Ti for lower temps.
My Ti tips always heat up faster and more aggressively on the first couple draws than SS do. I think they transfer heat faster and more efficiently. Others may be able to confirm, and explain the science supporting this.

Once SS tips get going though, they stay hotter longer of course. And then there's the 2020 SS tips - which seem to be just lower heating all around (due to their mass?)

However, once you throw different caps into the mix, results can vary across tips - many variables come into play.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

Just a quick note to say that I intend to ship the remaining heaters from Batch #3 today, so if you haven't received a shipping notice yet, you will receive one later today or tonight. I have a non-Fluxer errand I need to complete presently, and then I will be back and will complete shipping the batch. I'll be back later to follow up on that and also share next week's plans, featuring Flix v2 and Flite batch #4. :brow:

Happy Friday! :wave:

Cheers,
:leaf:

Slickwilly

The Flite is one awesome heater, quality of workmanship and the small size make it complete! I just couldn't tame mine from the first batch with the 15mm and CaS. 🥴

After a quick email response from @mr_cfromcali, like always, its headed back. I'm still staying with the 15mm coil but making it cooler, removing the CaS and adding a green push button. Jeff has and will always try to make his customers happy, great service sir!

Only my 2020 SS tips could handle the extra heat up time to the click on full power. Clearing a bowl in 2 draws, but last one very dark. Using TI tips I had to count to 10 and then take my draw, not using the click. I played some with the PWM but still had to count the pulses and not use the click. I want to use the click, if it wasn't for the click we all wouldn't be here right? 😂

The CaS works great but doesn't allow for any height adjustment during the heat up. I really like the idea of the CaS and thought I made the right decision when I ordered it but I like being able to adjust the height more now. With having the ability to add different height spacers below the cap and then being able to use the PWM, it should offer me more choices for the tip and cap I'm using at that time.

I'm excited all over again and cant wait until my Flite comes back. But until then here is my favorite Flix 15mm setup that works just dandy 😉

Flix - Copy.JPG

I really like using the 10mm Grav bubbler dry with most of my stems that fit it. You can really see how well you are making vapor, when to slow down or to speedup and when you finally have stop making vapor. Using it dry I have more control, it is plenty cool enough and collects those tiny particles that get by the screen.
I also use the fast cool down click method, usually anything that is made of metal works best. Once the stem stops producing vapor I quick cool it to click, then reheat to click, take draw and repeat. Always trying to keep the clicks of the cap between the first draw click and cool down click, its a fun game to play!

🍻

mecrobs

Thanks for all the bday wishes everybody! @fak I went with the 15mm and the coolest position for coil height and have a 2020 cap and a Captive cap to test with once it gets here next week. With SS and Ti tips as well I should have a pretty good review for it once I get a bunch test bowls in. Maybe I'll make a video review since I don't see to many online.

sesh732

Imaginable
Not trying to rush anything, as good devices take time to build. But wondering if I missed an email or something. I ordered one of the few Flites that were left on the website on Jan 26. What batch of Flites would that unit have been from? 3? Thanks!

sesh732,
Reactions: TommyDee

mecrobs

Well I had a day to play with the Flite and it's been great! I've tried 2 different caps and the 2020 standard is my favorite compared to the captive. The captive is a one hitter on my setup (15mm coil and Default Coil Height) and the 2020 let's me get 2 hits. If I use the PWM I can make it 3 decent hits. I love that i can just drop in the dyna and not have to hold it! I've been using the captive for full bowls in the bong and the 2020 standard for sessions on the Simrell. Nice full rips and evenly roasted bowls no matter what I throw at it! #54 is a certified ripper! Thanks Jeff!

4nz6eogwteg61.jpg

Sn4Pz

Got my Flite today... It is awesome!!!

3 PWM cycles and the AVB is a nice solid brown, not too much fiddling required.

Can anyone else make the heater turn on and off rapidly if the cap isn't aligned properly? Im talking much faster than the cycles should normally be? It has happened a few times already, hopefully its not bad behavior.

76ad42f035d367594af9afb30ddafbb7fac6e94f.jpeg

Last edited:

rvarick

Got my Flite today... It is awesome!!!

3 PWM cycles and the AVB is a nice solid brown, not too much fiddling required.

Can anyone else make the heater turn on and off rapidly if the cap isn't aligned properly? Im talking much faster than the cycles should normally be? It has happened a few times already, hopefully its not bad behavior.

76ad42f035d367594af9afb30ddafbb7fac6e94f.jpeg
Mine has also been doing the hiccup-ey PWM at times, but only with certain caps. I’ve been meaning to try cleaning and polishing the top of that one to see if it helps.

fak

The Dude
Well I had a day to play with the Flite and it's been great! I've tried 2 different caps and the 2020 standard is my favorite compared to the captive. The captive is a one hitter on my setup (15mm coil and Default Coil Height) and the 2020 let's me get 2 hits. If I use the PWM I can make it 3 decent hits. I love that i can just drop in the dyna and not have to hold it! I've been using the captive for full bowls in the bong and the 2020 standard for sessions on the Simrell. Nice full rips and evenly roasted bowls no matter what I throw at it! #54 is a certified ripper! Thanks Jeff!

4nz6eogwteg61.jpg

Great looking setup! I'm also looking at a 15mm/default coil setup, with the Simrell and a Ti tip/Regular Cap can you respect the click or are you timing it? Thank you!

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

Thank you to the new Flite owners for sharing your pics and impressions! I am VERY glad you guys are enjoying it, and I am sure you'll reach out too me if you run into any issues or have questions. Thanks for your support, and thank you for your patience while I completed the heaters for batch #3! You guys rock! :rockon:

Let me answer a few questions and share some updates.

Not trying to rush anything, as good devices take time to build. But wondering if I missed an email or something. I ordered one of the few Flites that were left on the website on Jan 26. What batch of Flites would that unit have been from? 3? Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge, I have now shipped all of the heaters from batch #3, except for two people that asked to wait for the new cases to get here. I'm expecting a hundred of the new cases to arrive by the end of the day today (colors expected: black, raw, purple), so I hope to have an update on this in several hours. The remaining cases will probably be delayed at least 3-4 weeks.

I'll be very clear about which colors are presently available before I post the next batch for sale.

If your order was part of Flite batch #3 and you have not received a shipping notice (and you aren't either of the two folks mentioned above), please contact me for tracking info. Unless there was some serious error w/my store, I believe your order has shipped.

Mine has also been doing the hiccup-ey PWM at times, but only with certain caps. I’ve been meaning to try cleaning and polishing the top of that one to see if it
helps.

This is very much about maintaining a good electrical connection between the cap and the contacts. The glitches won't damage the circuit, but they are annoying. There is some technique to making this work this consistently, especially if your cap's surface is dented or uneven.

If you are having some glitches w/the cap-as-switch contacts, try this: rotate the cap until the digger is at the 12:00 position, then try it. If it glitches, rotate the digger one "hour" and repeat. Continue trying it with the digger at each "hour" position, and make a mental note of which one works best. Return the digger to that position each time for more consistent results. Each cap is likely to have a different sweet spot.

The reason why it behaves this way, especially in PWM mode, has to do with the way the PWM circuit's reset timing works. This circuit's timing relies on charging and discharging a capacitor, and when the electrical connection is wonky that charge/discharge happens instantly, which we see as a glitch. It's annoying, but the 555 chip is a very robust chip and it will take this in stride.

Can't wait to get an order in 😤

Thank you, and sorry for not having inventory continuously available. I will have more heaters for sale in my store by the end of the week, likely Thursday or Friday.

Here's what's ahead this week:

Flite batch #3.5, e.g., 'Flite heaters I've discussed with a few of you via email or PM': I am building heaters for a few of you, as we've discussed via email or PM. These heaters did not make it into the last batch for one reason or another. I will be building these Flite (and a few Flix) today and tomorrow. If this sounds like you but you aren't sure, please check in w/me and we'll confirm things. More heaters will be coming to the store by the end of the week, so if this isn't you, please sit tight for now. Thanks!

Repairs: I have three heaters on my bench for repairs or upgrades, and I intend to get through these today, if possible.

Flite Batch #4: Coming to my web store either Thursday or Friday, most probably Friday. More info coming soon.

Flix v2 batch #1 and Flix v2 upgrade info, etc: Also coming to my web store either Thursday or Friday, most likely Friday! I'll have more info ready to share soon.

Thanks, all! The last week was kinda crazy for me. Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thank you to the new Flite owners for sharing your pics and impressions! I am VERY glad you guys are enjoying it, and I am sure you'll reach out too me if you run into any issues or have questions. Thanks for your support, and thank you for your patience while I completed the heaters for batch #3! You guys rock! :rockon:

Let me answer a few questions and share some updates.

To the best of my knowledge, I have now shipped all of the heaters from batch #3, except for two people that asked to wait for the new cases to get here. I'm expecting a hundred of the new cases to arrive by the end of the day today (colors expected: black, raw, purple), so I hope to have an update on this in several hours. The remaining cases will probably be delayed at least 3-4 weeks.

I'll be very clear about which colors are presently available before I post the next batch for sale.

If your order was part of Flite batch #3 and you have not received a shipping notice (and you aren't either of the two folks mentioned above), please contact me for tracking info. Unless there was some serious error w/my store, I believe your order has shipped.

This is very much about maintaining a good electrical connection between the cap and the contacts. The glitches won't damage the circuit, but they are annoying. There is some technique to making this work this consistently, especially if your cap's surface is dented or uneven.

If you are having some glitches w/the cap-as-switch contacts, try this: rotate the cap until the digger is at the 12:00 position, then try it. If it glitches, rotate the digger one "hour" and repeat. Continue trying it with the digger at each "hour" position, and make a mental note of which one works best. Return the digger to that position each time for more consistent results. Each cap is likely to have a different sweet spot.

The reason why it behaves this way, especially in PWM mode, has to do with the way the PWM circuit's reset timing works. This circuit's timing relies on charging and discharging a capacitor, and when the electrical connection is wonky that charge/discharge happens instantly, which we see as a glitch. It's annoying, but the 555 chip is a very robust chip and it will take this in stride.

Thank you, and sorry for not having inventory continuously available. I will have more heaters for sale in my store by the end of the week, likely Thursday or Friday.

Here's what's ahead this week:

Flite batch #3.5, e.g., 'Flite heaters I've discussed with a few of you via email or PM': I am building heaters for a few of you, as we've discussed via email or PM. These heaters did not make it into the last batch for one reason or another. I will be building these Flite (and a few Flix) today and tomorrow. If this sounds like you but you aren't sure, please check in w/me and we'll confirm things. More heaters will be coming to the store by the end of the week, so if this isn't you, please sit tight for now. Thanks!

Repairs: I have three heaters on my bench for repairs or upgrades, and I intend to get through these today, if possible.

Flite Batch #4: Coming to my web store either Thursday or Friday, most probably Friday. More info coming soon.

Flix v2 batch #1 and Flix v2 upgrade info, etc: Also coming to my web store either Thursday or Friday, most likely Friday! I'll have more info ready to share soon.

Thanks, all! The last week was kinda crazy for me. Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
Can't wait!

I noticed the store doesn't have it where you can see what the options are again to put together a build on paper and make sure I know all of the options to make sure I can get an order in the next batch... Is there anywhere the options are listed? I'm certain on the button now over CAS but for the coils and stuff I wanted to get an idea for what the options are so I can research in this thread for people who have gone one way or another.

dynavapmuser,
Reactions: TommyDee

Whoisjuju

Can't wait!

I noticed the store doesn't have it where you can see what the options are again to put together a build on paper and make sure I know all of the options to make sure I can get an order in the next batch... Is there anywhere the options are listed? I'm certain on the button now over CAS but for the coils and stuff I wanted to get an idea for what the options are so I can research in this thread for people who have gone one way or another.
It sounds like you're on the Flite information page and not the actual store section. Go to the store and you should see a set of dropdown options.

Cannabiker

Flite No. 055 has landed! It shipped Saturday and arrived Monday, so the Post Office is getting back on track, which felt like a good omen.

And this thing rips! It is absolutely going to be my daily driver for the foreseeable future. In anticipation of getting an IH, I stepped up to a ti-tipped Simrell, which had already displaced my previous favorite portable. For years Dynavaps have been my backups, tossed in a pack or pocket to ease my range anxiety about my other portables. Now the Dynavap will be its own backup, with a torch for emergencies.

The Flite is amazing, and Jeff's service is great. He made a last-minute change for me from the 16mm coil I ordered to a 15mm, and I'm really psyched I did that. The heating profile spot on for me, not too aggressive at all. I thought I'd gotten pretty good with a torch, but I always had to go beyond the click, I got inconsistent clouds, and I combusted occasionally.

The Flite is set perfectly to hit max extraction right at the click. In three clicks it's toasty brown, and I can still push it for a couple more clicks to nearly burnt-toast color without combusting. The ABV is slightly darker on the outside, but nothing like the top-scorch I usually got with a torch, even a single-flame aimed low.

Since this is relatively new tech, it can only get better, but it's already among the best vaping experiences I've had.

Ok so sorry for a long post probably but these are my objectives so just wanted to post for feedback and see if the build sounded correct for what I'm hoping for -

0. I've owned a PAX2 for about 5 years and just got a Dynavap in December.
1. I currently take my Dynavap through about 4 heat cycles for each session before letting it fully cool.
2. I normally won't replace the flower until after 3 of the above sessions.
3. The first session I intentionally don't heat up as much or try to draw massive clouds
4. By the third session I'm going for the higher temperatures and getting large clouds

With that being said I want to stay away from combustion and make sure that the click gives me plenty of room afterwards if I want it to try to reach higher temps. I'm not in a rush, I'd rather be methodical.

For my heater build to support the above I was thinking -

1. Push button
2. 16mm coil
3. Hotter setup
4. Carbon fiber insert (is there any difference here vs glass?)
5. With batteries and a charger

Any feedback from current owners (especially ones who might have adjusted their setup after initial purchase)?

dynavapmuser,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
New Flite case colors!

The new cases are here. The next batch of Flite will add raw aluminum and purple as case colors. I stuck some pics behind a pair of spoiler tags to save you bandwidth, but please check 'em out and let me know what you think:

IMG-0916-private.jpg

IMG-0919-private.jpg

IMG-0918-private.jpg

IMG-0921-private.jpg

IMG-0927-private.jpg

IMG-0926-private.jpg

These will be available beginning in the next batch. :tup:

Cheers,

Top Bottom