• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

TommyDee

Vaporitor
That's a nice balance for price and performance. Rated perfectly. I have a set of those in rotation for IH work. Protected cells are nice for flashlights. 'Did you need a new hobby to go with that oops - purchase?' It's happened before :nod:

TommyDee,

idboehman

Protected cells are nice for flashlights. 'Did you need a new hobby to go with that oops - purchase?' It's happened before

haha, I've been thinking about what to do w/ the protected ones i have. while the right ones were on the way, I attempted to 'unprotect' one of the batteries. even with all the warnings i saw on not to do this i watched a few videos and it seemed straightforward enough, i tried it but there was a part i didn't know if i should remove or not and it was requiring more force than felt safe so I abandoned ship and set the battery aside to be recycled. Long story short been thinking about what to do with the protected ones I had left and wasn't really sure, but a flashlight was on the list since the store I bought them from sells flashlights.

idboehman,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Welcome to your new addiction. :D Seriously, the only harm in re-purposing protected cells is ripping the spot-welded tabs from the native cell. Everything else is fodder. Try to clean up those spot-welds a little as they could catch on battery holders, or otherwise abrade. Dremel cutoff discs make quick work of snags.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
That's probably the limit of where I'd want to go @flammy .
That is an 8 amp continuous cell with a max of 13 amps.
https://www.imrbatteries.com/content/samsung_35E.pdf
Its a good pricepoint at under $5/cell.

NICE work @TommyDee great safety post!

A lot us with Lithium battery experience often forget that many are new to them. Because of their chemistry many variants can be very hazardous. And it’s understandable a lot of folks are not familiar with their particular charging needs, but more importantly matching them for the intended amperage draw. Using underpowered batteries is one of the main causes of failure. Used properly they are as of now, the best and in some cases the only option.

I strongly suggest anyone wanting to educate themselves on lithium’s check out:

https://batteryuniversity.com/

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I remember being introduced to a 14500 Li-ion and said "oh shit!" :mental:
Now I use them in line with a diode to safe on Alkalines.​

TommyDee,

RustyOldNail

I remember being introduced to a 14500 Li-ion and said "oh shit!" :mental:
Now I use them in line with a diode to safe on Alkalines.​

The thing I hate most about lithium’s, is if they do “vent out”, and you don’t have a bunch of sand, or the exact type of fire extinguisher (forgot the letter code), and most of don’t own that class extinguisher. Then you can’t put it out. Google videos on such fires, and enjoy the light show. Just have to be cautious and smart with these batteries.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: iBloke

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Like Tribbles, don't get them wet :science:

Fortunately that is rather the exception. But abuse, sure, they'll let you know before they go ballistic; literally. I never buy cheap cells. Meaning off-brand.

TommyDee,
Reactions: mero614

RustyOldNail

Like Tribbles, don't get them wet :science:

Fortunately that is rather the exception. But abuse, sure, they'll let you know before they go ballistic; literally. I never buy cheap cells. Meaning off-brand.

Yeah, avoid saying pennies when shopping for your vapes POWER SOURCE.

Here is a Facebook link (I don’t do FB), but is for the “battery Mooch”, well known and respected battery reviewer. There are more links there that can guide one to buying the best battery for their power needs, and how to spot FAKES, these are the real hidden dangers, false amp ratings on rewrapped batteries can lead to FIREWORKS or worse.

https://m.facebook.com/batterymooch...les-blog-articles-and-answe/1802731556683089/

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@TommyDee I think it was Goonies you weren’t supposed to get wet? Tribles are the ones that are born pregnant, IIRC. :myday:

In Fluxer news, I ordered a run of a potential “final candidate” Flix circuit board today. The current version features a different power relay that should permit the device to operate down to ~8.5V - shoutout to @TommyDee for suggesting/explaining why I should find an alternate. :rockon:I’ll post some more details when I have time. I’ll be adding more info to the web site soon, too. As far as I know the cases and switches I ordered are still about four weeks from being delivered. I expect to begin selling ang shipping the new devices shortly after the necessary parts get here.

I am also about ready to begin inviting the folks that joined the FD waiting list in August to confirm their orders. Those emails will probably go out tomorrow.

Finally, several recent international customers (in Portugal, Australia, and the UK, to be specific) have reported 3-4 week delays in receiving their FDs, most likely due to postal service delays caused by COVID-19. This is beyond my control, but it is something to be aware of if you are outside of North America.

Thanks for your continued interest and support! Stay safe!

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
LOL And I stand corrected yet again :doh: I suck at trivia too :clap: Need a partner :suspicious: Crap - Gremlins!

Way ahead of you @RustyOldNail - 'old time flashaholic here. Even had one of the 18650's with the 10440 inside. And the 'ash'! :uhh: I was more worried about the sandy-ash tbh :haw:

Looking forward to the marketing splash @mr_cfromcali . And it will function through the whole range of a 3s 18650 arrangement with the 9v cutoff. That will make those backup packs very useful as they range from 12.6v down to 9v. Pocket pack and an IH 'Lighter' for your VC - Flix :rockon:

Last edited:
I'm definitely interested in the Flix. I was originally on the Flux Deluxe waiting list, but dropped off after buying a PSM. I ultimately sold the PSM as it ran too hot for me.

@mr_cfromcali just confirming that I don't need to be on a list right now to have a chance to buy a Flix once you have them ready to go?

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I'm definitely interested in the Flix. I was originally on the Flux Deluxe waiting list, but dropped off after buying a PSM. I ultimately sold the PSM as it ran too hot for me.

@mr_cfromcali just confirming that I don't need to be on a list right now to have a chance to buy a Flix once you have them ready to go?

:worms:

Thanks for your interest, @letter never sent. You are correct - I would like to try a different approach for selling the Flix, as the waiting list process for the Flux Deluxe has been frustrating for me and for many of you. I would like use the shopping cart/storefront features of my web site - currently turned off - to offer the inventory I have available at a given time, and replenish that inventory as I build 'em. If a color or coil size in in stock, it will be shown as available, and if not, it won't be. I'm still working on the details of this process and expect to share the info within another week or two, before the Flix goes on sale. Assuming there will be some demand for it, I will probably limit initial purchases from the the first batch to a max of two per person.

It is important for me to be clear about one big difference between the Flix and the Flux Deluxe: The Flix is going to be more "off the rack" than the FD, so I can build them more quickly and put more of these into people's hands, something that is all but impossible with the FD due to its customization options, as well as the many extra steps it takes to produce one. :rolleyes: I'm thinking of offering the Flix in only one or two coil sizes at first (I'm still evaluating this), with glass coil inserts only, at least initially. There will be some options to further customize these in the future, so be please be patient if you have your heart set on some configuration that isn't immediately available. Standardization is an important part of the expected price, by the way - customization takes time and effort, which means a higher sales price. Standardization keeps the price down. :nod:

This first Flix case order is for 200 pre-machined cases in six colors, and I'm still waiting to see how long it takes my vendor to fulfill this order in current business conditions. I'll be ready to order more as soon as I get a sense of how these are being received, which colors are the most popular and need to be ordered in greater quantities, etc. I think the Flix will be popular, but I don't want to ASSume that and end up owning a thousand cases I can't use. :haw: As a benchmark, I received two 200 unit batches of FD cases in about six weeks, just before the virus closed down the manufacturing facility in China, so a cadence of 200 cases every 4-6 weeks may be possible. I'm still working through those FD cases, BTW, as the Flux Deluxe simply refuses to let me make it quickly. :rolleyes: The Flix is a simpler device and more straightforward to build, but I won't know how the actual manufacturing process goes until I have all of the parts and start building them and selling them. By the way, the "final candidate" circuit boards* I mentioned earlier today are very important milestones, as I want to begin building Flix PCBs for production as soon as I settle on the final PCB arrangement. I would like to build ahead. :tup:

That may be a longer answer than you wanted, @letter never sent , but I wanted to share my plans. Comments welcome, criticisms less so, lol.

* For anyone who cares, I ordered a 2nd batch of "final candidate" boards tonight, a variation of the first PCBs I ordered earlier today. Unless I screwed up, one of these should become the board for the first production run. :rockon:

flammy

Thanks for your interest, @letter never sent. You are correct - I would like to try a different approach for selling the Flix, as the waiting list process for the Flux Deluxe has been frustrating for me and for many of you. I would like use the shopping cart/storefront features of my web site - currently turned off - to offer the inventory I have available at a given time, and replenish that inventory as I build 'em. If a color or coil size in in stock, it will be shown as available, and if not, it won't be. I'm still working on the details of this process and expect to share the info within another week or two, before the Flix goes on sale. Assuming there will be some demand for it, I will probably limit initial purchases from the the first batch to a max of two per person.

It is important for me to be clear about one big difference between the Flix and the Flux Deluxe: The Flix is going to be more "off the rack" than the FD, so I can build them more quickly and put more of these into people's hands, something that is all but impossible with the FD due to its customization options, as well as the many extra steps it takes to produce one. :rolleyes: I'm thinking of offering the Flix in only one or two coil sizes at first (I'm still evaluating this), with glass coil inserts only, at least initially. There will be some options to further customize these in the future, so be please be patient if you have your heart set on some configuration that isn't immediately available. Standardization is an important part of the expected price, by the way - customization takes time and effort, which means a higher sales price. Standardization keeps the price down. :nod:

This first Flix case order is for 200 pre-machined cases in six colors, and I'm still waiting to see how long it takes my vendor to fulfill this order in current business conditions. I'll be ready to order more as soon as I get a sense of how these are being received, which colors are the most popular and need to be ordered in greater quantities, etc. I think the Flix will be popular, but I don't want to ASSume that and end up owning a thousand cases I can't use. :haw: As a benchmark, I received two 200 unit batches of FD cases in about six weeks, just before the virus closed down the manufacturing facility in China, so a cadence of 200 cases every 4-6 weeks may be possible. I'm still working through those FD cases, BTW, as the Flux Deluxe simply refuses to let me make it quickly. :rolleyes: The Flix is a simpler device and more straightforward to build, but I won't know how the actual manufacturing process goes until I have all of the parts and start building them and selling them. By the way, the "final candidate" circuit boards* I mentioned earlier today are very important milestones, as I want to begin building Flix PCBs for production as soon as I settle on the final PCB arrangement. I would like to build ahead. :tup:

That may be a longer answer than you wanted, @letter never sent , but I wanted to share my plans. Comments welcome, criticisms less so, lol.

* For anyone who cares, I ordered a 2nd batch of "final candidate" boards tonight, a variation of the first PCBs I ordered earlier today. Unless I screwed up, one of these should become the board for the first production run. :rockon:

I can only speak for myself but I think your plan of offering limited options to reduce build time and boost inventory is great. While the Flix will be more "off the rack", just offering two different coil sizes will be more options than any other plug-in IH currently available and the optionality on that is something that I think a lot of people will really appreciate.

If the Flix performs anything like the Fluxer, it will be in high demand especially given the price point, coil size options and your reputation with the Fluxer. Good luck with the Flix and thanks as always for the detailed explanations.

P.S. I would love it if you partnered up with someone in the community to make wood enclosures for your Fluxer and Flix. I understand you have the Cherry option but I'd love some optionality there. Just wishful thinking and certainly don't want to distract you from your main goals at hand.

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
:rockon::spliff: :crush::clap::tup::drool:

That's ME!!!!! hahahahaha
Baron, hope you love your Fluxer when you get it. Mine's still performing marvelously. On a VAS (IHAS) whim, I picked up the stock Dynatec heater, and easily prefer the Flux for a stronger, denser experience. There's just something very satisfying about it! Thanks again @mr_cfromcali for this brilliant work.

MAbud

@mr_cfromcali both my heaters arrived Saturday! I cant wait to get them fired up here shortly.

One initial though, have you considered incorporating a magnet anywhere on the case? Not sure if it's feasible or not but would be nice for using on the go to have built in cool down

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi @MAbud - it has 8 N52 magnets holding the lid to the body. Their magnetic fields extend through the lid. Each corner is magnetic, and the aluminum case is a heat sink. That’s gonna have to do.

Glad they got there! Enjoy, have fun, and let me know what you think after you’ve spent sime time with them.

Cheers!

Last edited:

martinstraka8282

Hi @MAbud - it has 8 N52 magnets holding the lid to the body. Their magnetic fields extend through the lid. Each corner is magnetic, and the aluminum case is a heat sink. That’s gonna have to do.

Glad they got there! Enjoy, have fun, and let me know what you think after you’ve spent sime time with them.

Cheers!
Took me a day or so to clue in to this, but they work great.

Do you think there's any risk to the finish long term using the corner magnets like this?

Anyone wanting a surface magnet on their flux could just superglue a dynamag on the lid, if they really want it. That's what I did with my PS mini.

martinstraka8282,
Reactions: mero614
Top Bottom