Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

Zoltani

Any chance that people on the waitlist for the Flux Deluxe get first crack at obtaining a Flite? Been waiting for over a year for one of you excellent heaters and the idea I might miss out on the Flite kills me.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
One concern about the pulse width modulation: as we can hear from the announcement video, each cap click is barely noticeable, because of the pulsation clicks.

It's true that the relay makes a clicking sound. That is the nature of electromechanical relays. There's not much I can do about that at the moment. The video was recorded on an iPhone 8, FWIW, and it may have recorded the clicking as a more "present" noise in the video than it is IRL. In testing and actual use, we've never had a problem distinguishing the sound of the relay from the sound of the vapcap.

This is what it is, and this is what it does. I think it's a nice feature, but PWM is just one mode, and you can use the heater as a regular on/off style heater if you prefer. Once we finally get these out the door and people use it in real world situations, you can get some additional reports and decide if it is something that appeals to you or not. :shrug:

Any chance that people on the waitlist for the Flux Deluxe get first crack at obtaining a Flite? Been waiting for over a year for one of you excellent heaters and the idea I might miss out on the Flite kills me.

I have been thinking about several ways of showing some deference to people who have already been waiting a long time for a Flux Deluxe, so I expect to offer something. Details still TBD!

I still plan on selling the Flite through my web store, but I may also offer some more direct access to people already on FD waiting list. I am still working on the details, but this is something that's been on my mind for some time.

---------------

Updates:

Flite:
I ordered a new batch of Flite circuit boards Monday night, and this one feels like the end game for this device. :clap: @TommyDee walked me through some important design considerations, and with his guidance I took a clean-sheet approach to laying out the traces. The resulting circuit is simpler than my previous drafts and should be very robust. I am very excited about the circuit board we came up with - it has more thought and intention behind it than any circuit I have done to date.

Flite cases: Still an open item, and I'm waiting on info from my vendor. Will update when I know more.

---------

Flix: The work we did on the Flite has paid a lot of dividends and given me a much better understanding of how the elements of the IH circuit interact. I have been holding off on making more Flix and FD's while we dug deeper and deeper into the Flite's development process, and I am happy to say we recently struck some gold with regards to components, and armed with this new knowledge, I'm now ready to make more Flix.

Flix PWM: Still working on a technical issue that is blocking this from being released. I have a new build coming for the Flite's PWM module that should resolve this issue, and if it works as expected it will become the basis for the Flix's module, too. More to come.

Flix for sale: I will have more Flix in the store by the end of the week. :tup:

---------

Flux Deluxe:
The FDv2 project continues to move forward. My current focus is on the battery pack, which, speaking frankly, is too complicated to build. The redesign is still somewhat complicated, but it's a lot easier to build.

That goal of making this easier to build is really my biggest design consideration for FDv2. The current form of this heater requires quite a bit of "craft" to pull off, and even though the FD is not a cheap heater, the effort it takes to make it is not fully reflected in the price. I'd like to bring that balance to a better place.

The FD Waiting List: No recent movement, currently on hold pending the other development efforts listed above.

----------

Thanks for your support and interest in my heaters! It has been a very quiet autumn here in Fluxerland, as I have been focused on R&D and have shipped very few heaters.

The good news is that I have learned a lot from this development time! I intend to take what I've learned and apply it, and make some truly great induction heaters for Dyna-folks.

Thank you for your patience! I think what I've learned the last several months will make it worth the wait.

Cheers,
:leaf:

Last edited:

LongDraw

It's true that the relay makes a clicking sound. That is the nature of electromechanical relays. There's not much I can do about that at the moment. The video was recorded on an iPhone 8, FWIW, and it may have recorded the clicking as a more "present" noise in the video than it is IRL. In testing and actual use, we've never had a problem distinguishing the sound of the relay from the sound of the vapcap.

This is what it is, and this is what it does. I think it's a nice feature, but PWM is just one mode, and you can use the heater as a regular on/off style heater if you prefer. Once we finally get these out the door and people use it in real world situations, you can get some additional reports and decide if it is something that appeals to you or not. :shrug:

I have been thinking about several ways of showing some deference to people who have already been waiting a long time for a Flux Deluxe, so I expect to offer something. Details still TBD!

I still plan on selling the Flite through my web store, but I may also offer some more direct access to people already on FD waiting list. I am still working on the details, but this is something that's been on my mind for some time.

---------------

Updates:

Flite:
I ordered a new batch of Flite circuit boards Monday night, and this one feels like the end game for this device. :clap: @TommyDee walked me through some important design considerations, and with his guidance I took a clean-sheet approach to laying out the traces. The resulting circuit is simpler than my previous drafts and should be very robust. I am very excited about the circuit board we came up with - it has more thought and intention behind it than any circuit I have done to date.

Flite cases: Still an open item, and I'm waiting on info from my vendor. Will update when I know more.

---------

Flix: The work we did on the Flite has paid a lot of dividends and given me a much better understanding of how the elements of the IH circuit interact. I have been holding off on making more Flix and FD's while we dug deeper and deeper into the Flite's development process, and I am happy to say we recently struck some gold with regards to components, and armed with this new knowledge, I'm now ready to make more Flix.

Flix PWM: Still working on a technical issue that is blocking this from being released. I have a new build coming for the Flite's PWM module that should resolve this issue, and if it works as expected it will become the basis for the Flix's module, too. More to come.

Flix for sale: I will have more Flix in the store by the end of the week. :tup:

---------

Flux Deluxe:
The FDv2 project continues to move forward. My current focus is on the battery pack, which, speaking frankly, is too complicated to build. The redesign is still somewhat complicated, but it's a lot easier to build.

That goal of making this easier to build is really my biggest design consideration for FDv2. The current form of this heater requires quite a bit of "craft" to pull off, and even though the FD is not a cheap heater, the effort it takes to make it is not fully reflected in the price. I'd like to bring that balance to a better place.

The FD Waiting List: No recent movement, currently on hold pending the other development efforts listed above.

----------

Thanks for your support and interest in my heaters! It has been a very quiet autumn here in Fluxerland, as I have been focused on R&D and have shipped very few heaters.

The good news is that I have learned a lot from this development time! I intend to take what I've learned and apply it, and make some truly great induction heaters for Dyna-folks.

Thank you for your patience! I think what I've learned the last several months will make it worth the wait.

Cheers,
Hey MrC. gotta ask, anything for those that were on the wait list for the mother fluxer from the beginning? Had waited after hearing you had cases so it would come to fruition, then later on that the cost would be a bit much and no real plans to continue with the deisgn outside of a possible one off for a high cost.

EDIT: Sorry, should have added originally. Not looking for anything, but whether those on the mother fluxer list that is no longer could have the same option as those on the flux delux.

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey MrC. gotta ask, anything for those that were on the wait list for the mother fluxer from the beginning? Had waited after hearing you had cases so it would come to fruition, then later on that the cost would be a bit much and no real plans to continue with the deisgn outside of a possible one off for a high cost.

Sometimes you start a project (like the MF) with the best of intentions, but as you get into it you realize it just won't pan out.

I understand your point, and I'm sure we can work something out once I have a product at hand and am ready to sell it.

My main focus this week and next is finishing the Flite's circuit boards and making the overall design as bullet-proof as possible. Once that task is done - and it's either done or very close to done, depending on the next PCB build - I will be happy to switch gears and focus on how to best make these and get them into people's hands. The Flite has a huge advantage over the FD in that regard, as the Flite battery pack is built onto the circuit bard, instead of being a separate subassembly, as with the FD. This should make for quicker builds.

Oh, and there will be a run of Flix this week, too!

kairos

In testing and actual use, we've never had a problem distinguishing the sound of the relay from the sound of the vapcap.
Once we finally get these out the door and people use it in real world situations, you can get some additional reports and decide if it is something that appeals to you or not.
Your reputation is so established that just your words are enough. I will be among the first to order the Flite.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Your reputation is so established that just your words are enough. I will be among the first to order the Flite.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, @kairos , but if I were you I would wait for some additional feedback from other users. I have been head-down in this device for a few months now, and this can affect my perspective. I don't think the clicking noise made by the relay will be an issue for most people, but it will probably annoy some people, and at present there isn't much more I can do to mitigate it

I will be shipping the Flite with what I think is a nice travel pouch, and you can leave most of the heater in the pouch when you use it, which will muffle the sound of the relay a bit.

Hopefully that extended explanation is helpful.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I can say that the video doesn't do justice to the relay click. When the cap clicks, you know it. The feedback from the relay is more tactile than anything else. It really does help to keep track of time. I didn't think I'd like it much but now I depend on it. Flite has a 'heart beat' so to speak.

kairos

I can say that the video doesn't do justice to the relay click. When the cap clicks, you know it. The feedback from the relay is more tactile than anything else. It really does help to keep track of time. I didn't think I'd like it much but now I depend on it. Flite has a 'heart beat' so to speak.
I only needed the explanation from @mr_cfromcali to be convinced, but that is great to hear. You know how to transform a supposed flaw into a great asset.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all, a few Fluxer Heaters updates for you:

Flix:

I just added some Flix to the Fluxer Heaters' web store, so if you were waiting for that, they're finally ready. Thanks for your patience while I vetted the new configuration of inductors, capacitors, and MOSFETs.

The new parts configuration for the Flix is more stable and reliable than the previous recipe, while still delivering similar performance. The new combination has been completely stable in testing and seems like the way forward for this device. If you currently have a Flix, please continue to use it and enjoy it. If your Flix experiences an issue requiring repair, I will repair it using the new parts. Another shoutout to @TommyDee for his help with this!

Flix PWM module: Not forgotten. The PWM module for the Flix is still under development. I have been busy with the Flite, but I hope to complete this module soon.

Flite:

I am expecting to receive some important parts this week: the enclosures (!!!) and the latest and greatest versions of the Flits PCBs are both due to arrive in the next few days. My fingers are crossed that a) the cases are correct in all of their various particulars, and b) the PCBs work as expected. If both of those things come tp pass, I will be ready to finally sell this thing!

Unless something is seriously wrong with the cases, any issues should only take another cycle or two to resolve, so things should be pretty close in any event. I will have much more info once I have a better sense that this journey is over. ;)

Those are the major updates for the moment.

Thanks for your interest! I hope to be back with more exciting Flite news "real soon now".

Cheers,

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Is changing batteries on the Flite similar to the Flux Deluxe? With my FD I like swapping between two sets of batteries and using my Nitecore charger. Any 18350 recommendations or specs I should look for? Also reputable battery vendors? IMR doesn't have much available ATM.

Just planning ahead. Sooner or later (hopefully sooner) I'll add a Flite to my collection and I like to be prepared. Thanks.

Moses Baca,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Good news - DHL dropped off most of my Flite case order today:

301-C2800-85-F2-4-A14-A05-D-BC3418-EA43-D8.jpg

I have one more box coming tomorrow or Thursday. I should have about 230 cases on hand to start things off.

This is a big step. :D

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Is changing batteries on the Flite similar to the Flux Deluxe? With my FD I like swapping between two sets of batteries and using my Nitecore charger. Any 18350 recommendations or specs I should look for? Also reputable battery vendors? IMR doesn't have much available ATM.

Just planning ahead. Sooner or later (hopefully sooner) I'll add a Flite to my collection and I like to be prepared. Thanks.

Thanks for asking, @Moses Baca - good questions!

Yes, battery changes in the Flite are going to be very similar to those in the Flux Deluxe.

I am planning on offering a version that includes three batteries, which is the most I can include as they must ship inside a device. Most people will want to add a second set and will need to purchase those separately.

The 18350 specs you need for the Flite are similar to the 18650 specs you need for the Flux Deluxe:
  • Flat top
  • Unprotected
  • CDR equal to or greater than 9A
  • for practical purposes, a capacity of 1100mAh or more

These 1200mAh Keeppower cells are good:

https://www.illumn.com/18350-keeppower-imr18350-1200mah-high-discharge-flat-top.html

The Keeppower are also available on Amazon for a few dollars more.

These 1100mAh Vapcells are good, too:

https://www.illumn.com/18350-vapcell-inr18350-1100mah-9a-high-discharge-flat-top.html

@TommyDee has had good things to say about the eFest 18350s, which are similar in price and rating. He may chime in later with more info.

In the "do not recommend" category: "TiangFire 1300mAh" cells, purchased on Amazon. Maybe I just had some bad ones, but they behaved more like 700mAh cells than 1300mAh.

I'll have more info as we get closer to launch.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I think I see my name on that red one :D TYTYTY

...the one under it must be yours @NexVision :brow:

@Moses Baca - I have been testing eFest 1200mah cells with excellent results. I've been torturing them to no end they are still staying balanced with the conventional BMS. Of course a proper charger will do them good. I've kept an eye on them with a proper diagnostic charger and unlike the eFest 14500 cells, they really deliver on the amperage. If they couldn't handle it, they self destruct. This gives us 3 reputable OEMs at the higher output that have over 2 years of sales. This can be considered mature tech. I have experience with KeepPower from my flashlight days, they make the coolest looking cells for Flite in matte black. I'm running those too. They clocked in right where the eFest cells did. I have no experience with Vapcell but they have a reputation to uphold. I'm charging these things daily for over 6 months now. I'm impressed.

My eFest source; recommended - LINK Just under $20 delivers 3 cells in the USA.

Last edited:

NexVision

I think I see my name on that red one :D TYTYTY

...the one under it must be yours @NexVision :brow:
Hey I can take that no problem you def deserve the first unit from what @mr_cfromcali has said I will glady take the second i'm not greedy.. :D:D:D I will say it would have come in perfect today though as fluxer was to big to pocket with everything else I had.

forza_roma

What's good all....

I'm not necessarily new to FC, but glad to be back after so long. Quite amazing to see how the Induction Heater game has progressed. Flite has immediately caught my eye and got me thinking about it all day. haha

Not sure if there is a waiting list for the "Flite"? If so, can you please add me @mr_cfromcali .

Please let me know sir.

Thanks!

PS: I also thanks @TommyDee for the battery recommendation. Just ordered the eFest 1200mah cells from the link you provided. Just trying to be ahead of the game before flite arrives. :p

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
What's good all....

I'm not necessarily new to FC, but glad to be back after so long. Quite amazing to see how the Induction Heater game has progressed. Flite has immediately caught my eye and got me thinking about it all day. haha

Not sure if there is a waiting list for the "Flite"? If so, can you please add me @mr_cfromcali .

Please let me know sir.

Thanks!

PS: I also thanks @TommyDee for the battery recommendation. Just ordered the eFest 1200mah cells from the link you provided. Just trying to be ahead of the game before flite arrives. :p

Thanks for your interest in my heaters, @forza_roma ! I'm not doing a waiting list for the Flite as I've found that for me, it creates more complications than it solves. This model will only have a few build options (the case color, and the choice of a red button or a green button), and I'm hopeful I can build it more efficiently than my other models. Instead of a waiting list, I plan on selling them directly from my Fluxer Heaters' web store, first come, first served. I will do my best to keep the line moving. :nod:

I try to be consistent about updating this thread with news and announcements, so you may want to subscribe to it/follow me to stay on top of the latest Fluxer news and announcements.

I'm currently waiting for the next shipment of circuit boards to be delivered, and if they perform as I hope the Flite should be good to go very soon. I'll report back within a few days, once we've tested them.

Cheers,

forza_roma

Thanks for your interest in my heaters, @forza_roma ! I'm not doing a waiting list for the Flite as I've found that for me, it creates more complications than it solves. This model will only have a few build options (the case color, and the choice of a red button or a green button), and I'm hopeful I can build it more efficiently than my other models. Instead of a waiting list, I plan on selling them directly from my Fluxer Heaters' web store, first come, first served. I will do my best to keep the line moving. :nod:

I try to be consistent about updating this thread with news and announcements, so you may want to subscribe to it/follow me to stay on top of the latest Fluxer news and announcements.

I'm currently waiting for the next shipment of circuit boards to be delivered, and if they perform as I hope the Flite should be good to go very soon. I'll report back within a few days, once we've tested them.

Cheers,

@mr_cfromcali

Understandable. I'm actually glad you're not going the waiting list route. My eagle eye is ready. Will fly over this thread and website daily. Till then all the best with QA/QC testing.

Thanks for your hardwork. :)

snamuh

ghost
@mr_cfromcali Do you have a name or source for those pads...(idk wtf to call them right now, lol) ...the rubber button things on the bottom of the flux deluxe? I love the grip and stability of them and was thinking of trying to find some to use on bottom of my enail controller and newvape stand.

snamuh,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

I am putting together another update post to share the current progress on the Flite. The important news is that things are moving forward, we are currently evaluating a 'final candidate' build, and if we stay on course the finish line may only be a couple of weeks away. I'll be back with more info and maybe a few pictures when I have time to produce a better write up.

It is my sincere hope to start shipping Flite before Christmas*, and hopefully sooner than that.

We'll all get to see how this plays out.
:popcorn:

*Yeah, I originally felt I could get this project done by the end of October. Turns out I was wrong, but that's mostly because @TommyDee and I have high standards for this, and want it to be "just exactly perfect".
;)
The extra time has been spent chasing down glitches and fine tuning power curves to get what we wanted. If I say too much more it will sound like hype, but I don't think I'm overstating things when I say that I am incredibly proud of the work TommyDee and I have put into the Flite, and I think you folks will really, really like it.

OK, more to come when I have time to write it up.

BTW, there are still a few Flix in the Fluxer store from the current batch, in case anyone was waiting for me to re stock.

Cheers and stay safe,

------------------

@mr_cfromcali Do you have a name or source for those pads...(idk wtf to call them right now, lol) ...the rubber button things on the bottom of the flux deluxe? I love the grip and stability of them and was thinking of trying to find some to use on bottom of my enail controller and newvape stand.

Hi @snamuh , sorry for the late reply. These are the rubber feet/bumpers I use:

Clear or Black Adhesive Bumper Pads- Sound Dampening Transparent Rubber Feet for Cabinet Doors, Drawers, Glass Tops, Picture Frames, Cutting Boards 100pcs (Hemispherical) by SDGL​
61J9OixfVaL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
Hope that helps. :)

Top Bottom