Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Cool, thanks for the updates. Every year I celebrate fucking combustion - my vapiversary - with a special purchase and the Flite is it this year.
We might need a Flix as a holiday gift. My wife's son told her he started vaping and she's pretty sure he's using dynavap and she thinks he'd love it. I'll try to get a confirmation ASAP so we can order one.

Tick`

@mr_cfromcali
I've always wanted a desktop IH that is always powered so I can just dip in whenever I want. The Flix is the closest thing I've seen (ignoring a log heater) but there is still a switch to power the device on.

Is there a tech or safety reason that the under-coil switch doesn't also power the device on?

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mr_cfromcali
I've always wanted a desktop IH that is always powered so I can just dip in whenever I want. The Flix is the closest thing I've seen (ignoring a log heater) but there is still a switch to power the device on.

Is there a tech or safety reason that the under-coil switch doesn't also power the device on?

Hi @Tick` ,

Thanks for your interest in my heaters. I'm sorry if I am misunderstanding your question, but you can leave the Flix plugged in and turned on, ready to go, without any issues. You can activate it from either the push button or from the under coil switch. BTW, there's a slight variation in heating profiles depending on the switch you use, as the under coil switch requires 1-2mm of further downward movement vs the button. The difference is subtle, but it's present.

The Flix also has a physical on/off switch at the back, near the DC jack, because I think a 9A desktop device should have that sort of thing, but you aren't required to turn it off after each use.

Hopefully that helps? I think the Flix does what you are asking, but if I'm still not understanding your question, I apologize.

Cheers,
:leaf:

Tick`

Nar @mr_cfromcali - you're bang on. Cheers.

I had assumed that, for a desktop-only heater, if there was no need to turn it off the switch wouldn't be part of the design. Simpler, fewer parts, etc... Similarly if the desktop-only heater was always on then the LED would be unnecessary. I think I'm just reading too deep into intentions that aren't there.

Any option for a version without the LED?

Thanks for all that. Pretty much settles it, I'll be ordering one v soon.

Tick`,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Nar @mr_cfromcali - you're bang on. Cheers.

I had assumed that, for a desktop-only heater, if there was no need to turn it off the switch wouldn't be part of the design. Simpler, fewer parts, etc... Similarly if the desktop-only heater was always on then the LED would be unnecessary. I think I'm just reading too deep into intentions that aren't there.

Any option for a version without the LED?

Thanks for all that. Pretty much settles it, I'll be ordering one v soon.

It is very easy for me to omit or remove the LED. If you do order a Flix, send me an email or PM here, identify your order (either by name or order number), and tell me you want the bi-color LED omitted, and I'll remove it. It will still light up under the coil when activated, unless you tell me you want that function removed as well. Let me know what you want, be clear, and I'll do my best to make it happen or tell you if I can't.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
You bloody ripper. This is my ideal IH setup and can't wait to order when some stock is ready (I've read your recent updates)

@Tick` : Thank you for telling me! I had not realized I was out of stock. I've just added another eight Flix to the store (one of each color), so you (and/or anyone else waiting) can order now, if you wish. Thanks!

Haemaerae

Super happy Flix owner here! I had faulty one first, but mr_cfromcali did the right thing and set me straight with out any delay. I have been happy with my Flix and cant really find anything to complain about.

I am in cue for Flux Deluxe too, and i bet it will be as amazing as the Flix <3

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mr_cfromcali - How is the Flite coming along?

Hi @slowandsteady , it's coming along GREAT, and in fact, it's just about ready to go! The last parts are due to arrive Tuesday/Wednesday, so as long as nothing gets delayed, I expect to begin selling the Flite next week - probably Thursday or Friday. I will be selling it through my web store: https://fluxerheaters.com/store

Although the development is done, I still have some final tasks I'm working through to push these out the door: I need to make a new video, I need to update my web site with Flite info, and I need to finish the Quick Start Guide, but the device is DONE, and it works extremely well. :D @TommyDee and I are very proud of this little guy, and we think a lot of you will like it, too! ;)

I have ~240 Flite cases on hand, so at the moment that's the quantity that will be available. The heaters I build with this first shipment of cases won't all be available at once, but I will do my best to roll them out quickly. I have a head start on a number of tasks, and have outsourced a few new ones, and I'll share more info on my process as it falls into place. I will order another run of cases as soon as I sense there's enough demand for it. (I think there will be, but it's a several thousand dollar commitment, so I don't want to assume.)

I will share all of the important info before Monday, as soon as I finsh writing it up: - pricing, how to order, what's included, an explanation of the available options (:brow:) - shipping info, etc.

I'll leave you with a picture from last night. This is my first batch of Flite "control panel" PCBs, freshly removed from the reflow soldering oven:

IMG-0504-private.jpg

More to come. :D

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Should I get the EFEST or the Keeppower 18350 batteries for the Flite? Any external charger recommendations? I think I remember @mr_cfromcali saying he can sell batteries with it now...
That’s exactly the sort of info I’m pulling together.

Flite battery specs:
  • 3x 18350 cells
  • flat top
  • unprotected, aka “high discharge”, with a continuous discharge rate (CDR) of 9A or greater
  • 1100 mAh or greater capacity recommended, though you can certainly use lower capacity batteries if you wanted to
The Flite will come with three cells that meet the above specs, as I can only ship cells that are installed and safely terminated. The first 30 or so Flite heaters will come with Keeppower cells, as I have 100+ of these on hand, but I will use other brands in the future if the Keeppower prove hard to come by, or if I find something better. 1100 mah is good for now and gives yo a decent battery life, but I think the 18350's capacity is going to increase over time, just as the 18350 has done, so hopefully we'll see some higher capacity offerings in the future.

The Flite includes a 5.5mm x 2.1mm, center-positive DC charge port, located internally so it doesn't accidentally short on anything in your pocket. It will come with a choice of the same 1A mains-powered charging adapters as the Flux Deluxe: US/North America, UK, EU, AUS/NZ, or 12V automotive. I am also working on a one-piece, Fluxer-made USB charging adapter, but it isn't ready for sale yet.

I may also offer a stripped down version, with no cells or charger, for folks that already have and want to save a few bucks.

More info on pricing, options, etc. is in the works and will be shared within the next 24-48 hours, as soon as I complete it.

Thanks for your interest! Much more info to come soon. :wave:

Prophecy

I plan to only use an external charger. Will the stripped down version get one less hole (the one for the charger cable)?
The Flite includes a 5.5mm x 2.1mm, center-positive DC charge port, located internally so it doesn't accidentally short on anything in your pocket.
There is no hole for the charging port in the case.

Sticky13

Had me eyes on the Flite since announced.. But jeez, I feel like ive treated myself a little too much since covid situation hit. Well not alot, just sports gear.. which any sports gear aint cheap; and a couple vapes, which again aint cheap lol.

The beautifully crafted Flix, still going strong & hits just like the day I got it (first batch realeased,) thanks again Mr_C :D ..

Although, its a new start with a NY, new apartment and secured long term employment. Maybe I could treat myself once more for putting me head down and actually doing something right lol

Great stuff Mr_C and Tommy :D .. Look forward to the new vid.

Last edited:

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I haven't ordered my batteries yet. I thought I'd wait for the announcement, check my options. Two sets of batteries works great for our RED Flux Deluxe so that's what I'm planning for the Flite.
No batteries needed for our BLUE Flix. :)

swieder711

I started with Pipes' Caldron (sold) then upgraded to Vape Hot Box (sold). Now I am using the Orion which I am enjoying due to the size and weight.

I have been on the waiting list for a Flux Deluxe for almost a year. Now I am ready to buy the Flite as soon as it is available. I have been checking this forum daily to see price and availability. Sounds like ordering the Flite will be first come, first served which is a bit disappointing given my long wait for the Flux Deluxe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom