Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

fak

The Dude
I wanted to (finally) take a moment to share some thoughts on my updated Flite #001 received recently. Jeff was kind enough to swap a new heater for my other one per some potential charging issues with it. TL;DR: I’m really happy with the new heater’s configuration!

After first trying the 15mm initial setup (too aggressive for me), 15mm standard, and 16mm standard (not aggressive enough for my taste), Jeff set me up with a 16mm coil with one less loop than the standard (8.5 turns vs. 9.5). This one is dialed in perfectly for me. It’s definitely in the sweet spot between the 15mm and 16mm IMO. I’m getting 2.5-3 draws to dark brown, using full power with a Ti tip across most of my caps. First draw is flavorful, while also robust! Using PWM mode I can dial in the experience even more.

Also, on my prior one I’d gone with the CaS AND the push-button activation in case I needed a way to heat less aggressively. I found this isn’t necessary with the 16mm coil in my case. For my new one I switched back to the CaS only. I’m really loving the sleek look, and option to store the device in the on position without a risk of activating accidentally. The CaS is cooperative with all my caps on full power, and most on PWM. Cleaning on a piece of cardboard helped one that was being difficult too. I noticed the case has a *slightly* lighter gunmetal color than my first one, which I’ve grown to like even more. I’m super happy with the heater and Jeff’s relentless drive to customer satisfaction.

p.s. Really sorry to hear about all the PayPal issues. What a big waste of time. I’m confident they could instead be focusing their efforts on going after actually nefarious things that I’m sure take place on their service! Hope things get worked out with this and the USPS changes as well. It’s a strange time we’re living in, and it’s sad where some’s priorities lie.
Curious what you meant by too aggressive on the default 15mm, I presume it was clearing the ti tip on full power in two heat ups?

rvarick

Curious what you meant by too aggressive on the default 15mm, I presume it was clearing the ti tip on full power in two heat ups?
The 15mm I was referring to here was the initial (hot) setup offered on the first few/batch of units. This was giving me a pretty huge first draw, then some combustion on the 2nd with my Ti tips and hotter caps. The newer 15mm standard setup is less aggressive than this and was close to what I was looking for in my case, but the 16mm with one less turn config I have is just perfect for me.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
You've got the next step down from standard 15mm @rvarick . You can look at it as 'more forgiving' ;]

I don't know how many of you remember the paraphernalia ban era of the '70-'80s from a militant state's perspective. I don't know when the 'invasion' of glass started, but I missed the de-reg. Everything about this new gauntlet is a serious screwing down on some old rules that I grew up with. It's the little guy that is going to pay the biggest price.

I wonder what George is doing to distinguish our beloved industry. Is it spreading to Europe too?

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
We might be overlooking the tsunami for the tide... Crap!

By including vaping products within the PACT Act, manufacturers and retailers will be banned from shipping vaping products to adult consumers using the USPS within the next 120 days. All orders of vaping products will be required to ship using an alternate, considerably more expensive service that verifies the recipient of a package is at least 21 years old. Furthermore, starting 90 days after enactment, all Internet and mail-order retailers will be required to file voluminous monthly reports with State, Native tribes, and local governments disclosing the identity, address, and product orders of all customer orders to their jurisdiction, as well as remit any excise taxes owed.

This is what big brotha looks like! Want to place that order for your DV fix in a prohibition state? DV will have to comply. This is worth following...
The article is from Dec 21st, 2020. What would be the 120 day start date?

source: https://vaping.org/press-release/using-covid-19-congress-bans-usps-vape-shipping/

I didn't see the tattle-tale action in the actual law so there must be another section - or
hearsay - but what is obvious is that they want the FDA involved in any and all sales and purpose. This will take years to sort out.

TITLE VI--PREVENTING ONLINE SALES OF E-CIGARETTES TO CHILDREN

SEC. 601. SHORT TITLE.
This title may be cited as the ``Preventing Online Sales of E-
Cigarettes to Children Act''.
SEC. 602. AMENDMENTS TO THE JENKINS ACT.
(a) In General.--The Act entitled ``An Act to assist States in
collecting sales and use taxes on cigarettes'', approved October 19,
1949 (commonly known as the ``Jenkins Act'') (15 U.S.C. 375 et seq.),
is amended--
(1) in section 1 (15 U.S.C. 375)--
(A) in paragraph (2)(A)(ii)--
(i) by striking ``includes roll-your-own tobacco'' and
inserting the following: ``includes--

``(I) roll-your-own tobacco'';

(ii) in subclause (I), as so designated, by striking
the period at the end and inserting ``; and''; and
(iii) by adding at the end the following:

``(II) an electronic nicotine delivery system.'';

(B) by redesignating paragraphs (7) through (14) as
paragraphs (8) through (15), respectively; and
(C) by inserting after paragraph (6) the following:
``(7) Electronic nicotine delivery system.--The term
`electronic nicotine delivery system'--
``(A) means any electronic device that, through an
aerosolized solution, delivers nicotine, flavor, or any other
substance to the user inhaling from the device;
``(B) includes--
``(i) an e-cigarette;
``(ii) an e-hookah;
``(iii) an e-cigar;
``(iv) a vape pen;
``(v) an advanced refillable personal vaporizer;
``(vi) an electronic pipe; and
``(vii) any component, liquid, part, or accessory of a
device described in subparagraph (A), without regard to
whether the component, liquid, part, or accessory is sold
separately from the device; and
``(C) does not include a product that is--
``(i) approved by the Food and Drug Administration
for--

``(I) sale as a tobacco cessation product; or
``(II) any other therapeutic purpose; and

``(ii) marketed and sold solely for a purpose described
in clause (i).''; and
(2) in section 2A(b)(1) (15 U.S.C. 376a(b)(1)), by inserting
``NICOTINE/'' after
``CIGARETTES/''.
(b) Effective Date.--This section, and the amendments made by this
section, shall take effect on the date that is 90 days after the date
of enactment of this Act.
(c) Rule of Construction.--Nothing in this section, or an amendment
made by this section, may be construed to affect or otherwise alter any
provision of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 301 et
seq.), including its implementing regulations.
SEC. 603. NONMAILABILITY OF ELECTRONIC NICOTINE DELIVERY SYSTEMS.
(a) Regulations.--Not later than 120 days after the date of
enactment of this Act, the United States Postal Service shall
promulgate regulations to clarify the applicability of the prohibition
on mailing of cigarettes under section 1716E of title 18, United States
Code, to electronic nicotine delivery systems, in accordance with the
amendment to the definition of ``cigarette'' made by section 602.
(b) Effective Date.--The prohibition on mailing of cigarettes under
section 1716E of title 18, United States Code, shall apply to
electronic nicotine delivery systems on and after the date on which the
United States Postal Service promulgates regulations under subsection
(a) of this section.

source - https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/133/text

From my best gleaning, this became law on Dec 27th, 2020.

Last edited:
TommyDee,
  • Sad
Reactions: kwen4758
We might be overlooking the tsunami for the tide... Crap!

This is what big brotha looks like! Want to place that order for your DV fix in a prohibition state? DV will have to comply. This is worth following...
The article is from Dec 21st, 2020. What would be the 120 day start date?

source: https://vaping.org/press-release/using-covid-19-congress-bans-usps-vape-shipping/

I didn't see the tattle-tale action in the actual law so there must be another section - or
hearsay - but what is obvious is that they want the FDA involved in any and all sales and purpose. This will take years to sort out.

source - https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/133/text

From my best gleaning, this became law on Dec 27th, 2020.
Word trying to digest reading this all now... How did this make it in to law? I'm assuming it was a rider?

dynavapmuser,

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I'm using mine to warm some tools this morning.

flightjoelit.jpg

Cannabiker

Have others who had canceled orders received refunds yet? I haven't had a credit show up on my credit card account, and I'm wondering if I should be worried or patient.

fak

The Dude
Have others who had canceled orders received refunds yet? I haven't had a credit show up on my credit card account, and I'm wondering if I should be worried or patient.
Nothing to worry about, takes a few days to hit the bank. I got the PayPal notification right away, stand up guys!

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

Just a quick Monday morning note to say how much I appreciate ALL of the support you showed me this weekend. :love: Thank you! It does make this shitty situation better.

After mulling about things over all weekend, I have some immediate plans with regards to the payment processor situation, and I'll begin working on those ASAP. Thanks for your suggestions!

I also have some plans for how I want to approach the next 30 days or so, until the PACT Act comes into full effect. I'll be sharing those plans with you soon.

TL;DR: THANK YOU ALL! :love::love::love:

Cannabiker

Nothing to worry about, takes a few days to hit the bank. I got the PayPal notification right away, stand up guys!
Thanks, I'll give it a few days. Just to be clear, I have complete faith in Jeff, it's Paypal I'm keeping an eye on. I never got one of those notifications (and yes, I checked my spam box).

Cannabiker,
Reactions: NexVision

Jah75

Thanks, I'll give it a few days. Just to be clear, I have complete faith in Jeff, it's Paypal I'm keeping an eye on. I never got one of those notifications (and yes, I checked my spam box).
my refund was cleared with Paypal almost immediately - My refund with my credit card just posted today - so it’s probably your cc company being slow.... yay banks!

Last edited:
Jah75,

Jethro

Hi all,

Just a quick Monday morning note to say how much I appreciate ALL of the support you showed me this weekend. :love: Thank you! It does make this shitty situation better.

After mulling about things over all weekend, I have some immediate plans with regards to the payment processor situation, and I'll begin working on those ASAP. Thanks for your suggestions!

I also have some plans for how I want to approach the next 30 days or so, until the PACT Act comes into full effect. I'll be sharing those plans with you soon.

TL;DR: THANK YOU ALL! :love::love::love:

Oh man, hopefully you can get my repair shipped out without a mess!! What a clusterfuck for you, I'm sorry!! Maybe you should have people pay with a USPS money order just to spite them! Anyway, I'm sure this is a mess for you and please, PLEASE let us know if it affects what you do financially. You should not bear any cost issues in relation to this AT ALL, if you need additional funds to make a decent workaround happen, we will help and those that won't- well, fuck 'em.

Cannabiker

my refund was cleared with Paypal almost immediately - My refund with my credit card just posted today - so it’s probably your cc company being slow.... yay banks!
I should have checked my account before I replied this morning--it showed up overnight. Now I'm ready to try the next payment method to get a Flix coming this way, maybe by pony express.

Having lived with Prohibition for so much of my life, this feels weirdly familiar, participating in a shadow culture to acquire things others don't want me to have. At least it's easy to get weed here in Oregon.

Sn4Pz

@mr_cfromcali Can you touch upon the variance between two coils of the same size?

I would like to get a Flix in a little since I like the flite, but dislike charging. Im wondering if I should order a "coolest" + 16mm coil, just like the setup I have on the Flite if I want an identical experience.

Does the Flix run hotter since it uses a 10a power supply as compared to the 9a (I think?) peak load for the flite? :hmm:

Sn4Pz,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I should have checked my account before I replied this morning--it showed up overnight. Now I'm ready to try the next payment method to get a Flix coming this way, maybe by pony express.

Cool, glad that we're square on the first effort!

Having lived with Prohibition for so much of my life, this feels weirdly familiar, participating in a shadow culture to acquire things others don't want me to have. At least it's easy to get weed here in Oregon.

There are roadside ads here in CA for weed delivery services that will gladly bring it to you at your home, office, or wherever. So yeah, ironically now weed is legal, but heating it electronically is a no-no. :shrug:

Also, just in case this isn't clear, I have no interest in fighting the US Gov't, the Jenkins' Act, or the PACT act! They are VERY BIG, and I am very small.

I am planning on selling some more heaters before the new USPS regulations take full effect at the end of next month. I'm making several new batches of Flite and Flix v2 PCBs today, tbh, and will have more info about how to get these in another day or two.

Also, just to set some appropriate expectations, I see Fluxer taking an immediate hiatus from new and direct sales shortly before the new regs come into effect. I am looking to see what sorts of regulatory compliant alternatives I may have for the future. Hopefully some common sense enters into this area of regulation soon, but for the short term it seems like we're back in Reefer Madness. :\

Finally, thanks again for all of your kind and generous support! Truly, thank you! :love: I will do what I can to continue to serve folks, but as should be obvious by now, the forces driving these changes are beyond my control.

That's the latest.

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mr_cfromcali Can you touch upon the variance between two coils of the same size?

I would like to get a Flix in a little since I like the flite, but dislike charging. Im wondering if I should order a "coolest" + 16mm coil, just like the setup I have on the Flite if I want an identical experience.

Does the Flix run hotter since it uses a 10a power supply as compared to the 9a (I think?) peak load for the flite? :hmm:

The Flix and Flite are a bit different in their heating profiles, as they use different component configurations due to their different sources of power. The Flix is not quite as aggressive as the Flite, because it can afford to be less efficient due to its unlimited power source.

If you like the Flite 16mm, I'd try the Flix at 16mm. It is easier to make a cool heater function more aggressively than vice versa.

Thanks!

Sn4Pz

My one hit AVB is so dark its (imo :p ) almost indistinguishable from black charred herbs lol :rofl:

fbcb89f20e18c845e5c5d4369ff59bdaeb19013e.jpeg

White pill bottle cap so you can see properly how dark it is... lol

PWM is the shiiiiit :rockon:

(I took a longer hit than I would normally, but still, no combustion!)

Top Bottom