Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all, a few updates:

Flite: I believe I have completed, invoiced, and shipped each of the "Flite batch 2.5" orders I committed to over email. These were a few orders I accepted between batches, for various reasons. If this sounds like your situation and you have not received an invoice from me - or any updates - please send me a PM or email and we'll see where things stand with your order. If you are interested in a Flite and missed batch #3, sit tight, I will be back with the next batch in about two weeks.

Batch #3: I've started making Flite batch #3 and expect to be working on it for several more days. There are about 20 heaters in total in Flite batch #3. If you requested a change or added an item after you submitted your order, I'll invoice you for those things after I complete your heater.

Flix v2: I have a new candidate for the Flix v2's PWM knob, as well as some pics and a quick demo video.

Let me know what you think:

IMG-0847-private.jpg

IMG-0837-private.jpg

IMG-0841-private.jpg

Here's a quick 60 second demo of how the PWM feature works in the Flix:

Hey look, it's another Shaky Cam Production! ;)

I'm planning to do a run of Flix after I complete the current run of Flite. I'l have more info soon.

Finally, thank you to everyone in this thread for your support and enthusiasm for these heaters! I am especially grateful for the new Flite owners who took the time to post their pictures and experiences. Thank you! It has been a bit of a journey so far, but I think we have worked through all of the initial issues, and my sense from this side of the workbench is that so far, most people seem pretty happy with their Flite. If you have one and aren't happy with yours, please let me know via email or PM and I will do my best to resolve the situation.

Cheers,
:leaf:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I’m still enjoying my Fluxer Deluxe, but I’ll comment on that knob.... it looks....
....... HUGE.
Especially after you packed all those goodies into such a tiny box. That’s my opinion, I’d prefer something smaller that might blend in better on such a sleek product.

LOL. That's a 1/2" knob, they don't make 'em smaller.

I have one other idea that's tiny, which is a small vinyl cover. The dot is white paint:

IMG-0818-private.jpg

IMG-0828-private.jpg

I can offer this as an alternate if anyone wants it instead of a knob.

Otherwise...I don't know. A knob is a physical object that takes space. :shrug:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@RustyOldNail great pic! I agree with with you. While great in function the form factor has taken a step back. I thought your idea of an Auber like button made a lot of sense, if such a thing is possible.

The Stray Fox,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@RustyOldNail great pic! I agree with with you. While great in function the form factor has taken a step back. I thought your idea of an Auber like button made a lot of sense, if such a thing is possible.

That’s a big button too, my thought was only if adding a dial type button, that if needed, the push/spin type allows yet another way to activate something, or as a on/off. The Maxvapor PID uses such a knob/switch and it’s BIG, but that PID just sits on a desk. I’m sure Jeff has done his homework on switches, if I were ordering one, I’d opt for the little one in the last post.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: TommyDee

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The Flix + PWM is a very effective way to vaporize cannabis. Full stop.

“The perfect is the enemy of the good”, etc. I worked the Google muscles pretty hard, and at this time these two choices are the best I can do, given that I need to fit the feature into the existing case, and given the electronic requirements I am battling. PWM is an optional feature, so I think it’s Ok to pass on it if the form I’ve settled on bothers you. :)

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Well, if you're going nipple anyway, I think the shaft could also be shortened.

I like @NexVision idea - incorporate PWM in a very fancy 'badge' linked to an internal pot somehow. Fiddly but fuck it would look good!

security-concept-safe-dial-icon-vector-14825955.jpg

These would actually work - and easy to make your own at a local hobby store...

axi30573.jpg
[
81mrr5qeU0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
67c530f5-c399-4de6-b3ec-d1f0c198ff35_1.18065c8d0eed5bba7bc903ef89b3109b.jpeg

1/8" motor shafts are common in the RC universe. All sorts of styles and colors to choose from.

Last edited:

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I think the big problem with the knob on the side is that we're used to the clean and minimalist look of the case so any solution will look out of place on the Flix.
The knob sticks out too much from the side of the Flix, even the little one with the latex cover but at least it's way smaller than the knob so it's less obvious.
If you go the latex cover route can you offer matching colors with the case?
The knob looks more professional and high quality.

The third photo that @TommyDee posted of the motor shaft is interesting. It could be like a scrolling wheel on the side of the Flix. If I can change the setting from the top of the device instead of from the side it could be something different.

Does it have to be a dial? What about a slider or something else?

In the end I'm gonna get one even if you use a rock with duck tape on it for a dial you know that don't you?

Texus

Well, if you're going nipple anyway, I think the shaft could also be shortened.

axi30573.jpg
[
67c530f5-c399-4de6-b3ec-d1f0c198ff35_1.18065c8d0eed5bba7bc903ef89b3109b.jpeg

1/8" motor shafts are common in the RC universe. All sorts of styles and colors to choose from.
These could give the Flix a very cool steampunk vibe. Wonder if there is a switch that could subtly up that look...

Maybe something like this look (disclaimer: no idea how big this is. Just an idea of what could give the steampunk vibe visually):

Last edited:
Texus,
  • Haha
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Your thoughts are aligned with mine @Texus - brass I can cut on my lathe. Problem... don't got no brass :doh:
But I am envisioning a nice 'ExtraCated ThumbWheel' vibe with some soft tooth pattern, where the diameter was just above the deck.
It's brewing in my mind as the reverse taper back to the case, should blend in nicely.

@mr_cfromcali - Jeff buddy - Can you give me the knob center to deck [top plate] distance and the distance from the case to the end of the PWM shaft. I think I can mock something up. The washer diameter would be a bonus to use it as the mechanical backing stock.

Texus

Your thoughts are aligned with mine @Texus - brass I can cut on my lathe. Problem... don't got no brass :doh:
But I am envisioning a nice 'ExtraCated ThumbWheel' vibe with some soft tooth pattern, where the diameter was just above the deck.
It's brewing in my mind as the reverse taper back to the case, should blend in nicely.

@mr_cfromcali - Jeff buddy - Can you give me the knob center to deck [top plate] distance and the distance from the case to the end of the PWM shaft. I think I can mock something up. The washer diameter would be a bonus to use it as the mechanical backing stock.
Wonder if some well thought out 3D printing could also impart a simpatico look to the cord's plug...

Eclipse

Last edited:

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Long day at work so just some quick thoughts tonight.

I love the clean look of the Flight and the green LED looks fantastic with the green case.
Cap-as-switch works great, I like how little pressure it takes to activate.
The Flight is very light weight. With batteries on board, 8.36 oz vs 12.93 oz for my Flux Deluxe.
Magnets holding the lid on the Flight are very strong, much stronger than my FD. No worries about this lid popping off.
I went with the 15mm coil, same as my FD. Ti tip on full power works very well, I like it a lot. I want to get to know the full power before I start dialing it back with the PWM. We've got a couple SS tips in rotation so I'll try those, too.

That's all I can do for now. I'll add more later.
Here's a family photo.
red Flux Deluxe
hunter green Flight
blue Flix
gun metal Flix

fluxers.jpg

sesh732

Imaginable
Hey folks, my first post on FC in probably years. I'm joining the Fluxer fam with a gunmetal - hot - hotter - button only Flite! Ordered Tuesday (order R864...) and now I'm trying to work while stalking USPS for a shipping email, foot-to-foot like grandma used to say.

My only IH so far is a VHB carbon, it's fine but I'm excited about Flite's PWM options and holding up 8.36 oz (thanks for the weigh Moses Baca)
instead of my carbon's 12.6 oz. My IH doesn't stay on the table for long, I toke between the clicks or ignore them altogether for most caps, so the weight, form factor, and cordless battery design are important features for me.

Anyone have the hottest settings and coil? My goal is usually 1-2 pulls for full extraction so I chose "hot" every time when ordering figuring I can always pull the tip out a little if I want cooler. Any recent personal observations from "hot" Flite owners? Thanks

marduk

daydreamer
@mr_cfromcali two questions for you:

1. Would it be possible to order the Flite with CAS and button switching, but configure it so you can choose the switching method manually, rather than having both switching options always active?

2. Would it be possible to machine a shallow groove on the Flite cover from front to back, which would allow you to securely rest a vapcap on top of the Flite with the tip hanging over the edge in the air to avoid unwanted heat loss from the tip between draws?

Top Bottom