Flower Mill

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I haven't seen anything like that on mine, only signs I have that its been used is a bit of flower material stuck to the grinder from too much pressure on my part. I've also had it happen where I wonder why this flower won't finish milling only to find its just some stem stuck in the milling chamber.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Re. the colour options would the ring accessory replace the silver middle section and thereby make it all black? At least when closed anyway.

No that's not what the ring is for, it replaces the kief tray

I've only use my FM twice and I can already see a scratch/ score line being caused by the rotation of the top. Is that normal ?

Are you sure? There is a mark that forms, but it is from herbal material, not a scratch... So have you tried cleaning it?

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I did try cleaning it but I'll try again. It's on the outside, on the gray section. It's evenly scratched all the way around nearly the bottom of the lid . It seems like there is a slight gap between the lid and middle section but I don't know what else would create a mark other than the rotation of the top piece.

VapeKnight,
Reactions: kel

Shit Snacks

I did try cleaning it but I'll try again. It's on the outside, on the gray section. It's evenly scratched all the way around nearly the bottom of the lid . It seems like there is a slight gap between the lid and middle section but I don't know what else would create a mark other than the rotation of the top piece.

Oh so not on the steel parts? I think that may have happened to one other person here who had it replaced...

Shit Snacks,

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer

Shoot, sorry to hear this.

We've seen some scratching on the outside before. If it's very light, they may rub off. As the surfaces wear into each other, they can leave an 'anodizing scratch" for lack of better words.

If it doesn't wipe off, it's usually caused by a small burr (manufacturing defect) on the inside lid of the top handle rubbing the body. One other way that seems to cause it is when the center-rod and screw aren't sitting centered in the mill-plate. There's a shallow recess that centers the rod, and it can be assembled so it's sitting crooked, and it causes excessive wear on the outer body. Just some extra info for anyone reading this! We do have a record of all of these issues, and plan on addressing any unexpected engineering issues we find.

So just let me know if it comes off. Snap a pic if you can, too. If it doesn't I'd be happy to get you some Warranty parts shipped out.

Vaporware

@FlowerMillJohn I think I’ve been keeping the center rod centered, but I feel like it may be too easy to tighten it down a little off center. It doesn’t look like that part goes all the way through the plate, so I would think you could extend the lip a little and still let the screw tighten down enough.

Maybe I’m missing something though…?

Vaporware,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
@FlowerMillJohn I think I’ve been keeping the center rod centered, but I feel like it may be too easy to tighten it down a little off center. It doesn’t look like that part goes all the way through the plate, so I would think you could extend the lip a little and still let the screw tighten down enough.

Maybe I’m missing something though…?

Similar experience here, pop the top back on before centring the screw and post seems to make this easier, but I have only done this once and I am hooked on the one step down plate :)

Did I mention already that this thing is amazing? I haven't touched my other grinder since this arrived...

Edit: I got mine from Herbalist Bros. here in the UK, they have a sale on and a 10% discount - makes the premium edition and the expansion pack almost the same price in dollars but in £££ - absolute bargain at ~£108. It was also shipped incredibly quickly, arrived next day. Great service from Herbalist Bros.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks Which plate do you recommend using for the FW7? Looking to pickup a FM.

Oh I actually do not have them myself, so I have not used FM for my FW7 at all, but definitely one of the two finer plates... Firewood 7 conduction likes and nice consistent medium fine to fine to super fine grind... Though it can work with more medium consistent grind as well, I think the basic find plate I have could be good for that... Also depends on the herbs of course!

@FlowerMillJohn You posted here that the expansion pack will now come with 4 plates, but I only see the 3 plate pack on the site.

Yeah either way if you want to be able to have the most versatility, get the premium with the expansion, hopefully it does come with all four now though I think they said that would cost a little more money? Worth it

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I tried the standard coarse plate, liked it, but stepped down to the next finest and have stuck there since... haven't tried the two finer ones yet - anyone know if they are any good with Dynavap?

Ripstar

@Shit Snacks Which plate do you recommend using for the FW7? Looking to pickup a FM.
I prefer the standard, which, I didn't think would be great for the FW7 but prefer it to the fine plate. That's the good thing about the FW7 though, every grind works wonderfully. If you have multiple vapes, the Flowermill is great for all the options and what works best for them. My BCG has been sitting around because of the honeymoon phase, but man, this really has great grind consistency options.

Michel

Since it isn’t possible to get a black premium SS version, I’m going with the black standard FM. For some reason I really can’t arrange with the 3 tone colored look of the premium.
I’m in the EU and I’ll order from the herbalistbros.com. From what I can see it looks like the same version like on the FM homepage, but I’m unsure if they already sell the new rotor. Any helpful advice before I pull the trigger?

kel

FuckMisogynists!
It's very unlikely Herbalist Bros will have the new rotor just yet!

kel,

Shit Snacks

Since it isn’t possible to get a black premium SS version, I’m going with the black standard FM. For some reason I really can’t arrange with the 3 tone colored look of the premium.
I’m in the EU and I’ll order from the herbalistbros.com. From what I can see it looks like the same version like on the FM homepage, but I’m unsure if they already sell the new rotor. Any helpful advice before I pull the trigger?

If you are going with the standard, it already has the 20 flute rotor, all black, in fact I'm not even sure it is replaceable at all on the standard since the grind plates are not...?

kel

FuckMisogynists!
If you are going with the standard, it already has the 20 flute rotor, all black, in fact I'm not even sure it is replaceable at all on the standard since the grind plates are not...?

Oh yes, I think you are right and I was quite wrong in my previous post - please ignore me 😂

warren0728

my premium edition flower mill arrived yesterday (ordered it on monday) super fast turnaround!

i like the feel and the weight of it and first grind was interesting ... i am going to have to get used to grinding/milling process ... i put three smallish buds in and when i replaced the lid and started to grind the top had a tendency to sit unevenly and it took a little longer than i expected to finish milling ... it sounds louder than my herb ripper with a metal on metal sound ... the finished product was consistent and i think it is a little coarser grind than my hr which is ok by me ... i'm glad i decided against getting the coarser grind screen ...

all in all i think i am going to enjoy this grinder/miller

here is a comparison between the herb ripper xl (left) and the premium hr (right) both with the standard plates ...

hr-vs-fm.jpg

kel

FuckMisogynists!
John hasn't been 'seen' here since Tuesday, my guess is they are away somewhere or busy with something, also they seem to be very keen on excellent customer service - that is to say I wouldn't worry too much :) Hope it ships and turns up soon for you!

(and I hope this post is more useful here than my last two hehe)

Last edited:

FlowerMillAaron

I ordered a premium on the 17th and still hasn’t shipped. Most reports here say they received it in 3 days, wondering if demand is higher now.
Demand has picked up substantially... Thanks to so many of you again for helping to spread the word!

We ran out of Expansion Packs WAY sooner then expected and waiting on some more screens so if you ordered one with your Premium that's likely the reason it hasn't shipped. It notes this on the site but maybe it's not explicit enough so I'm sending emails out to all those who ordered Expansion Packs in the last couple days.

warren0728

after a little more time with my fm i am really happy with the results … initially i was not putting enough pressure on the lid while milling … now that i’m applying more pressure i’m getting the results everyone else was talking about! even, fluffy & quick !

Top Bottom