Firewood Vaporizer

hippogriff

Hey everybody, how're you doing? Haven't caught up w the forum yet, just a few days into enjoying the new cooling stem and I'm having trouble thinking of any way to improve this vape! Well, I guess if I could load w/o removing the battery cover (like w the FW5 where it all stayed one piece in my hand), otherwise I got nothing. The hybrid system is a huge upgrade, there's no issue/comparison you could have with a full convection vape (ie all my previous favorites) that the FW7 can't solve/meet by just holding the button down and waiting a little longer. Secret best vape!

BarneyRose

Hey everybody, how're you doing? Haven't caught up w the forum yet, just a few days into enjoying the new cooling stem and I'm having trouble thinking of any way to improve this vape! Well, I guess if I could load w/o removing the battery cover (like w the FW5 where it all stayed one piece in my hand), otherwise I got nothing. The hybrid system is a huge upgrade, there's no issue/comparison you could have with a full convection vape (ie all my previous favorites) that the FW7 can't solve/meet by just holding the button down and waiting a little longer. Secret best vape!
Couldn't agree more. My one and only wish is that he'll eventually start selling dosing pods.

Vaporware

Do any of you keep dry q-tips or alcohol wipes or anything on you to clean the chamber every time you refill it, or does it stay clean enough for just an occasional iso wipe?

I know ceramic can stain to some degree, but I don’t remember it having serious consequences other than not looking as nice.

Any opinions on how and how often to clean?

Vaporware,
Reactions: dimmusp

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Do any of you keep dry q-tips or alcohol wipes or anything on you to clean the chamber every time you refill it, or does it stay clean enough for just an occasional iso wipe?

I know ceramic can stain to some degree, but I don’t remember it having serious consequences other than not looking as nice.

I am not cleaning that often, since it is so powerful, there is kind of a self-cleaning effect on higher temps... I'm always at home these days, so it's really easy to empty bowls while they're still hot, I have cleaned mine I think four times now since getting it? And it is quick and easy, not much if any build up in the oven chamber itself, further evidenced by consistent great taste! Also this is not really the same type of ceramic as other mass produced session conduction vapes, here staining is only minimally noticeable!

west-elec

I am just blowing back down the mouthpiece to eject then reload. If I am at a desk I will use an S&B brush every few bowls but nothing else. I've been using it every day for about a month and only iso cleaning the stems. Crazy easy. I am noticing some crap building up at the very edges underneath the screen below the bowl. A little concerned how clean I will be able to get it with a qtip right at the edges but it is pretty minor at this stage.

BarneyRose

He would have to redesign other things, in my experience metal pods are more trouble than they're worth, lead to less efficient vaping and worse vapor quality imo...
You're not wrong. And I wouldn't need them when I'm home or nearby my supply, but the added convenience of dosing pods when you're on the go would crown this thing as the best portable on the market IMO.

Shit Snacks

The parts that you will actually want to iso scrub at some point, would be the ceramic vapor path parts. That right angle bend in the standard mouthpiece, or just the ring below the oven chamber and in the WPA in my case. Again not bad if things are nice and warm, nor needed frequently at all.

D

Deleted member 66001

Regarding cleaning, it's yet just another thing this vape does oh so well. My ABV literally falls out of the bowl basically in the same shape it when in. The only part that needs cleaning as far as I can tell is inside the very bottom ceramic piece where the back end of the stem goes into. Black gunk builds up quick there. Like insanely quick, not sure if that's just resin or not, but I've never had a combustion bowl build up resin that quickly.

It's been said by others before me :

PEOPLE ARE FUCKING SLEEPING ON THIS VAPE!!

I don't think they said fucking though..........I added that...........sorry. 🙈🙉🙊

Just picked up some Blueberry 🫐 Duckfoot 🦆 that will gladly waddle his way into my FW7 tonight 👍

Shit Snacks

Regarding cleaning, it's yet just another thing this vape does oh so well. My ABV literally falls out of the bowl basically in the same shape it when in. The only part that needs cleaning as far as I can tell is inside the very bottom ceramic piece where the back end of the stem goes into. Black gunk builds up quick there. Like insanely quick, not sure if that's just resin or not, but I've never had a combustion bowl build up resin that quickly.

I don't think they said fucking though..........I added that...........sorry. 🙈🙉🙊

Just picked up some Blueberry 🫐 Duckfoot 🦆 that will gladly waddle his way into my FW7 tonight 👍

Haha I know you're right they fucking are! And that sounds quacking delicious too

Yeah and what you were talking about where the stem goes into, that's what I was talking about, it's that right angle bend of the ceramic, which is amazing for cooling the vapor, but of course there will be some build up there especially because that is where the vapor is hitting directly first.

Ripstar

john c reilly yes GIF

D

Deleted member 66001

Yeah and what you were talking about where the stem goes into, that's what I was talking about, it's that right angle bend of the ceramic, which is amazing for cooling the vapor, but of course there will be some build up there especially because that is where the vapor is hitting directly first.

So is that just resin? I put it on top of a load I was vaping, but I was already plenty vaped, so not too sure what affect it had on me. If you say yes, I'm just gonna imagine it as a YEP!

Deleted member 66001,
Reactions: Traveler

Vaporware

That’s great news on the cleaning front! I didn’t think it *required* constant cleaning, but I figured most users just weren’t too worried about the stains. I’m glad to hear that this is a better ceramic and at least less prone to those issues. :)

I knew from watching the thread the last couple of years and from all of your reports on the 7 that most people are indeed missing out on this one! So, while I had no intention of buying anything more expensive than maybe a 2020 M this year, when I saw the sale (and didn’t find a lot of sales looking back) I figured I couldn’t pass up the opportunity.

I shuffled some things around to make it work, and my Firewood 7 (my first Firewood) shipped today! :rockon:

boon

My firewood 7 came earlier than expected. Found it in the mail yesterday.
Ordered the 11.20 shipped the 24 received in France the 12/2 :rockon:.
First impressions are good. First bowl good taste on level 1 and 2 but on level 3 ive a bad taste. The load is too dark against the oven /ceramic chamber.
Any tips ?

PossumMD

My stem got blocked with oil once. The only other cleaning I've had to do is run a bowl where I immediately dump the load rather than sitting back and going "ahhhhh". If it sits, you get a few specks that won't blow out over time. Dump it and blow through the screen when it's still quite hot, and it comes out like new.

Traveler

First impressions are good. First bowl good taste on level 1 and 2 but on level 3 ive a bad taste. The load is too dark against the oven /ceramic chamber.
Any tips ?
for me (and I am very new to this vape, so I may be off/misinformed) I would need to draw faster if I was getting too dark at the edges

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Any tips ?

I'm not sure draw speed is the issue here. Speeding up may help but there may be something else more directly involved.

I'm also not sure I'm understanding correctly! Is this the same bowl, you vaped it on level 1, changed to 2, vaped again, and went again on level 3? With the same material? Or did you empty and replace after each level?

What about being on the button? Particularly the preheat time/how long you hold before you inhale? and how long do you continue to inhale after releasing the button?

boon

for me (and I am very new to this vape, so I may be off/misinformed) I would need to draw faster if I was getting too dark at the edges
Thanks i'll try
I'm not sure draw speed is the issue here. Speeding up may help but there may be something else more directly involved.

I'm also not sure I'm understanding correctly! Is this the same bowl, you vaped it on level 1, changed to 2, vaped again, and went again on level 3? With the same material? Or did you empty and replace after each level?

What about being on the button? Particularly the preheat time/how long you hold before you inhale? and how long do you continue to inhale after releasing the button?
Yes i vaped the same bowl with temp stepping.

I hold the button without inhale until the heater has reach its temp. Then i begin my draw release the button and continue until the haptic feedback cooldown.

I'll play with my speed draw and try to inhale before the heater has reach its temp
Thanks

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Thanks i'll try

Yes i vaped the same bowl with temp stepping.

I hold the button without inhale until the heater has reach its temp. Then i begin my draw release the button and continue until the haptic feedback cooldown.

I'll play with my speed draw and try to inhale before the heater has reach its temp
Thanks

Honestly it the herb may have just been pretty exhausted from the first two levels, in that case.

You can re adjust your set temps and lower them if you truly want to but I dont think it should be necessary.

I havent done much with level 1, but I regularly temp step between 2 & 3 or even just start on 3 with fresh flower and dont have any foul taste or charred edges unless I push it for longer than I need to. A level 3 start with fresh flower produces a ton of vapor though!

Sounds like your method is about the same as mine. I generally do half-oven sized loads (after tamping, which I would consider to be a medium tamp). Start on either 2 or 3, press and hold, wait for buzz, inhale (actually I prefer a slow inhale on this), release, continue inhaling until cool-off buzz, and then try not to hack my lungs up :lol:

But yeah I really think you just cooked your herb on the first two levels. At least you got all of the good flavor out of it on the first 2 anyway. I'd try again but maybe go easier on the lower 2 levels and see what level 3 does for you.

I wouldn't go inhaling before it hits temp, that will lead to combustion.

I'm not entirely sure this applies to the FW. Tinymight yes but not sure about FW. If I recall correctly the manual actually says you can inhale earlier than the buzz for a more convection leaning experience.

Last edited:

west-elec

With a cold start waiting for the buzz before inhaling gets vapour coming thicker and faster but not necessary for second bowl once hot. The sooner and faster you start pulling the more convection vs conduction- so there is less charring from side wall heat if you keeping pulling the heat through the load as you draw. Start drawing by pulling a good amount of suction but slowish speed. Then draw faster and faster as you feel the vapour getting warmer. By the time my 20 sec draw is at the end I am pulling pretty much as hard as I can. I try to clear the bowl in 1 or 2 hits to avoid that conduction flavour. I think by the third hit flavour will be sliding no matter what your technique. Definitely keep drawing until you hear the cool down buzz if you are planning on going in for another hit.

Shit Snacks

That’s great news on the cleaning front! I didn’t think it *required* constant cleaning, but I figured most users just weren’t too worried about the stains. I’m glad to hear that this is a better ceramic and at least less prone to those issues. :)

I knew from watching the thread the last couple of years and from all of your reports on the 7 that most people are indeed missing out on this one! So, while I had no intention of buying anything more expensive than maybe a 2020 M this year, when I saw the sale (and didn’t find a lot of sales looking back) I figured I couldn’t pass up the opportunity.

I shuffled some things around to make it work, and my Firewood 7 (my first Firewood) shipped today! :rockon:

Congratulations and welcome to the wise consumer family!

By the way, I should clarify, when I say this ceramic here does not seem to have that issue of the mass produced type, just looking at the ceramic it is nowhere near as white to begin with as those tend to be... So that could have to do with visible stains as well as ceramic quality, heater power and oven design... You will get the little circle on the ceramic panel above the heater, though it is cleanable! I have heard a magic eraser is the best for this type of cleaning, though I have not tried it myself...

I wouldn't go inhaling before it hits temp, that will lead to combustion.

Yeah that is absolutely not an issue here! Conduction does not work that way...

Brian and West hit on the key factors how you load, draw, time on the button (length of hit) all affect temp for the on demand vape. Finally each user varies, so the temps can be adjusted and lowered if any are too high and technique cannot be adjusted accordingly...

Remember don't pack too full, don't pack tooooo tight either (though you do indeed want to pack) don't draw too slow for too long with button pressed (unless you want to push the heat on a given temp setting)

Top Bottom