Firewood Vaporizer

dimmusp

I have been doing TC since fw3, i.e. I check and maintain a constant resistance at the heating element (resistance is a function of temperature so it is basically like checking the temp. I think this is how TC works in mod-based vapes too)
Nice! So do you use the equivalent of mod electronics with a custom firmware or something like that?

dimmusp,

Traveler

Ok. The FW7 came in and I’m about 4 bowls in. I was worried that it might not stand up to my current daily dower (tiny might).......concerns officially alleviated. I can get pretty close to the volume of vapor natively, but with the FW7 I can do so with a slower much more comfortable (and cooler) draw at 390 f. The flavor is better, the fit and finish is leagues better, but best of all....no pwm whine or blinding red led 😁 I’m really excited to get to know this awesome device a bit better

Ripstar

Ok. The FW7 came in and I’m about 4 bowls in. I was worried that it might not stand up to my current daily dower (tiny might).......concerns officially alleviated. I can get pretty close to the volume of vapor natively, but with the FW7 I can do so with a slower much more comfortable (and cooler) draw at 390 f. The flavor is better, the fit and finish is leagues better, but best of all....no pwm whine or blinding red led 😁 I’m really excited to get to know this awesome device a bit better

100%! So glad you enjoy it. To me, it's the best handheld, artisan vape on the market. Hell, best portable on the market. The reasons you listed above, make me reach for it a lot.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Quick tip for those using a colored OCWW Inception Stem with the FW7 (or really any dynavap-width stem) - if the small glass tube from Firewood doesn't fit tightly in the cooling stem, even after pushing the two pieces of silicone together more; you can use a couple Dynavap o-rings to get it to fit snugly (as shown in the picture below).

The inner diameter of my green inception stem was a *tiny* bit wide for a dynavap tip, etc. I realize they're handmade so they could vary ever so slightly, or I think my green one may be the first one OCWW made, so it could be that too (!)

View attachment 4027

Ah thank you for the tip! hopefully mine does not have this issue, I do not have these o-rings... TBD! stems arrive tomorrow though

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: dimmusp
D

Deleted member 66001

So wait a minute, that inception stem is regular priced at $50?!!! Ok, so I either hate you guys for being rich, or I hate you guys for living life to the fullest. I just bought my first stem ever last night and it took me all day to finally hit enter on one that cost $23.

Am I out of touch?? Is three and a half inches of glass really even remotely that close at cost?

Too bad because I think I'd love that tip, it reminds me of the Vapman tip which I like the feel of.

So wait a minute, that inception stem is regular priced at $50?!!! Ok, so I either hate you guys for being rich, or I hate you guys for living life to the fullest. I just bought my first stem ever last night and it took me all day to finally hit enter on one that cost $23.

Am I out of touch?? Is three and a half inches of glass really even remotely that close at cost?

Too bad because I think I'd love that tip, it reminds me of the Vapman tip which I like the feel of.
To your point I have been wondering if you could use a Vortex stem for dynavap on the new FW7 setup(I dont have one but I can dream can I?), this would put the entire price of the unit at about $500 but wouldnt it look awesome with SneekyPete's Galactic Camo peaking through the cooling slot? I really want to get a fw7 but life is really shity for me at this time.

D

Deleted member 66001

To your point I have been wondering if you could use a Vortex stem for dynavap on the new FW7 setup(I dont have one but I can dream can I?), this would put the entire price of the unit at about $500 but wouldnt it look awesome with SneekyPete's Galactic Camo peaking through the cooling slot? I really want to get a fw7 but life is really shity for me at this time.

Unfinished FW7.......$215

Alternative stem body.......$16

Cooling stem........$20

Is your life $500 shitty, or maybe only $246 shitty :brow:

Vaporware

For some people $23 is a month of food, for others it’s a cheap breakfast or even just parking their car near the restaurant.

For those who can afford luxuries like vaporizers, some struggle to buy a cheap piece of junk that vaporizes plastic along with their flower, and others can buy every new piece that catches their eye without thinking twice.

Income and wealth inequality is a real issue, especially when you compare us with the poorest people around the world... :(

For those living in the US and buying products produced here though, we have to take into account the time it takes to produce customized glass parts here, and what people need to sell them for to make a living. No one here with the skills is going to do that kind of work for what a glass blower in China gets.

I’m not happy with the way things are, but for now that’s what we have to deal with...

At least the Firewood line, while not exactly cheap, is I think very reasonably priced for this kind of artisan device! :D

SquirrelMaster

Unfinished FW7.......$215

Alternative stem body.......$16

Cooling stem........$20

Is your life $500 shitty, or maybe only $246 shitty :brow:
You sound like an enabler and I like it!

My FW7 is supposed to arrive Friday but it didn't sneak past customs with tax and a handling fee which is funny to me because my Tetra worth more did. You win some you lose some? Nah I'll only be winning when this hybrid beauty arrives.

D

Deleted member 66001

"For those living in the US and buying products produced here though, we have to take into account the time it takes to produce customized glass parts here, and what people need to sell them for to make a living. No one here with the skills is going to do that kind of work for what a glass blower in China gets."

So then your saying I AM out of touch, lol.

And how can I quote just the above part? I see the quote "icon" when I copy it, and it says something about multi quote, but I'm not sure if that's it so I chicken out and undo it.

Deleted member 66001,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah understandable that it's tough to justify something that expensive, when they're available for less, it's a slippery slope for some. And yeah fortunate when we can afford it, since the FW7 stem on the site is so much cheaper I ordered that one too! And yeah the long smoked one I got was even cheaper so easier to justify... But I had to have that purple of the inception and the mouthpiece, also supposedly it has a different unique cooling system itself. But yeah you're paying for artisan work, not mass-produced assembly line stuff, in this case at least... Ups and downs of life!

Vaporware

"For those living in the US and buying products produced here though, we have to take into account the time it takes to produce customized glass parts here, and what people need to sell them for to make a living. No one here with the skills is going to do that kind of work for what a glass blower in China gets."

So then your saying I AM out of touch, lol.

And how can I quote just the above part? I see the quote "icon" when I copy it, and it says something about multi quote, but I'm not sure if that's it so I chicken out and undo it.
I think we’re all in our own bubbles a bit, and it’s hard to understand the world everyone else is living in when most of us don’t have regular direct exposure to something very different.

I’m not at all saying that spending $23 should be easy for you, just that it’s all relative and complicated. I don’t think $23 or $50 for a stem is unreasonable as things stand now (and some stems are much more), but that wasn’t really the point.

Plenty of people here wouldn’t spend a minute deciding whether or not to buy a $23 or even $50 stem, but to other people either one would be a crazy idea to even think about. Those people just aren’t on here. You and I are somewhere in between.

I get it though, as much as I read and talk on here, I’ve only bought a few vaporizers and not all that many accessories because I just don’t have the money to buy whatever I want to either. I spent plenty of time deciding whether or not to buy anything over the last few days. >_<

I think I derailed the thread a little though...sorry. :disgust:

To quote a piece of a post, I just hit Reply and then delete the parts I don’t want to include (or just leave them in). :)

west-elec

You know that below average bubblehash you made out of 2nd grade trim that you never know what to do with? Grind it up and pack a loose bowl in the 7 and watch the vapour just pour out. You can keep coming back to it over and over again or have 1 huge session. This thing is so impressive every way I use it.

Vaporware

You know that below average bubblehash you made out of 2nd grade trim that you never know what to do with? Grind it up and pack a loose bowl in the 7 and watch the vapour just pour out. You can keep coming back to it over and over again or have 1 huge session. This thing is so impressive every way I use it.
Any tips on how to get the best results with it? Temps, draw speed, time, etc? Any problems overcooking it?

Vaporware,
Reactions: dimmusp

west-elec

Doesnt really seem to matter much with this thing. At first I was using temp 2 for flower and 3 for hash, probably because of convention. But I forgot to bump it up and it was maybe smoother at 2 and still plenty of vapour. Now I just leave it on 2 but it would be good to temp step since you get so many hits. Tiny loads of just a pinch, which I was worried wouldn't conduct properly because the screen wasn't covered, still hit like a beast, just fewer hits. I love to load it full but loose, just put a pinch on top and tap the sides til it drops in. Take it out and about for the day and it lasts 2 or 3 sessions of 6 or 7 BIG hits. I draw as hard as I want and never overload the heater. O temp 3 ABV is very dark black powder but not the over roasted flavour you get when you take multiple hits off flower..

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Haha yeah I told you about the Rogue Wax Works shovel for loading already! Not sure how mobile that would really be though lol

And yes that is the right link, on the previous page or two here, someone posted their FW7 with a green one of those, which is why I had to have a purple one for myself! I got his longer plainer Dyna cooling stem in smoked glass too, because of the price, and for the free shipping altogether with debowler dish.

Hahaha yeah dont worry Rogue Wax is on my to-get-to list! As it is I just put an order through for O Connell's stems, got some of the dyna o-rings after seeing that post on the last page (sorry forgot to quote!) That'll be good for home I think... I'm almost thinking a little doob tube type thing to just pour some flower into the oven with. hmm.

I got a blue inception cooling stem and plain inception... and qualified for an additional 20% off :brow:

BarneyRose

I received my FW7 earlier this week and absolutely love this thing!

Just one question hoping someone can clarify - I really wanted to try it with my inception stem but my device only came with the single large glass slider and a lone silicone tube. Was I supposed to also receive the upgrade kit gear for wider stems? Or am I misunderstanding what's noted on the website? Thanks in advance!

shopdognyc

i think you go with what you can afford and should be sufficient with all of the options out there. Then there are angels like Uncle @Vitolo.

shopdognyc,

Traveler

I received my FW7 earlier this week and absolutely love this thing!

Just one question hoping someone can clarify - I really wanted to try it with my inception stem but my device only came with the single large glass slider and a lone silicone tube. Was I supposed to also receive the upgrade kit gear for wider stems? Or am I misunderstanding what's noted on the website? Thanks in advance!
Mine just came in last night and it came with the short stem to connect with (I did also order the green dimpled stem - so maybe thats why I got the shortie glass innertube?)

BarneyRose

Mine just came in last night and it came with the short stem to connect with (I did also order the green dimpled stem - so maybe thats why I got the shortie glass innertube?)
Dang. Thanks for the reply.

I didn't order the dimpled tubes bc I already have an O'Connell Inception stem. Oh well. Just emailed Marc to find out how I can get myself a kit.

rvarick

Dang. Thanks for the reply.

I didn't order the dimpled tubes bc I already have an O'Connell Inception stem. Oh well. Just emailed Marc to find out how I can get myself a kit.
In the meantime, or absent the short small glass stem that comes with the cooling mouthpiece kit; you can use the piece of silicone on the end of the long thin glass stem that comes with the Firewood to mate it with a dynavap-width cooling stem (such as the inception). It obviously will stick out long from the device, but will work in cooling the vapor.

Top Bottom