Firewood Vaporizer

PossumMD

People were combusting with this vape before, leading to the firmware update. Also, there is a good amount of convection in play. I haven't combusted myself, but a few were doing it before the update.

PossumMD,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
People were combusting with this vape before, leading to the firmware update. Also, there is a good amount of convection in play. I haven't combusted myself, but a few were doing it before the update.

I never said combustion was impossible, but it does not occur from drawing before the vibration, before the heater is at temp, that is something that can happen more so with a tinymight (because pure convection on demand, it heats the heater higher than the set temp to reach that set temp) My point is this heater is not at all the same technology, it is mostly conduction, with some hybrid convection, but when you are drawing you are literally cooling down the oven. People were combusting before the update, because they were drawing too slow and holding button too long (building heat in the chamber), that is why the temperature calibration was then lowered 30° in beta.

Traveler

well, the first week with the firewood 7 is coming to a close and I am floored. I love this vape so much. I love that I can get nice rich lungfulls from a sip and draw if I want to. Or I can speed up the hit and get something that will make me hack away...its very versatile.
I had a BB9 that I had I was going to use as the WPA (when i ordered the FW7 - they were OOS), I tried connecting it and it was awkward and I had issues with the carb and it just didn't work really well for me. I then remembered that I had one of those Hemper Cart->14mm silicone adapters and popped it on the end of the nipple stem....It was perfect! The last thing that was keeping me using the tiny might was because of the water hits (while the FW7 doesn't milk quite as fast or thick - but it is more than great. Sold my tinymight last night on entexchange - ordering a spare FW7 to hold as backup

Soooo glad I didnt sleep on this vape

PossumMD

I've been tempted to sell my TM too. The initial heat up of the fw at 390, takes a little bit longer than the TM, but the heat up between puffs is about the same. It's insane how quick it is. Also, my abv is way more uniform from the fw than the TM. The TM is just way easier for my mates to use though. Dunno why, but they get confused with the thing (alcohol plays a part).

Traveler

I've been tempted to sell my TM too. The initial heat up of the fw at 390, takes a little bit longer than the TM, but the heat up between puffs is about the same. It's insane how quick it is. Also, my abv is way more uniform from the fw than the TM. The TM is just way easier for my mates to use though. Dunno why, but they get confused with the thing (alcohol plays a part).
haha, maybe its the cooldown buzz or the single click battery reveal - both of those things got me at first (and still this morning after the first bowl haha)
I do find that I have intermittent ghost presses (where I think I have pushed the button but never get the ready buzz (again-more prevalent near the end of sessions - makes me think it is all just user error haha)

Traveler,
Reactions: dimmusp

PossumMD

I get ghost button presses too. I swear I've waited minutes for the buzz only to realise I never got the level indicator buzzes. Thing should be mentioned in the Geneva convention, cos it is weapon grade good at taking off the top of your head!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
charging time at the zoo last night...

Well the Milaana has a cell in it, I needed something to play with while the others were getting a break!

FD486-D4-B-2-CFD-4-E86-9-E0-E-AD9-D32-F7-EB4-A.jpg

with the buzzes, my biggest issue there has been when I press, and either accidentally let go or somebody says something to me, so I’ll release and answer cause I don’t wanna be burning herb. I THINK if you press again, before the cool down buzz, it won’t activate the heater. In other words I don’t think it can be modulated like that, the device has to “reset” with the cool down before it can be fired again. I haven’t actually bothered to really experiment for myself with that tho

Arawfish

Green Thumb

Well the Milaana has a cell in it, I needed something to play with while the others were getting a break!

with the buzzes, my biggest issue there has been when I press, and either accidentally let go or somebody says something to me, so I’ll release and answer cause I don’t wanna be burning herb. I THINK if you press again, before the cool down buzz, it won’t activate the heater. In other words I don’t think it can be modulated like that, the device has to “reset” with the cool down before it can be fired again. I haven’t actually bothered to really experiment for myself with that tho
The heater, as far as I’m aware, will turn on if the button is pressed again before the cool down buzz. At least in my experience with super long inhales.

Traveler

I have had this exact thing happen - hold down button till click -> get distracted by sparkly something and let go of button ->hit button before shut off buzz and wonder how I broke my new favorite toy when no vapor

I do feel like this may help me in the long term fight against cognitive decline though .... Fingers crossed!

west-elec

My 7 got her first deep clean today. A month of regular use it had a good honey coating. The ceramic cleans easily enough, but if you are the OCD type you might stress trying to get it pristine. I am not and it good enough for me in a flash. You can remove it from the mouthpiece and WPA for soaking, but you can't remove the ceramic from the battery cover piece because of a little piece of wood fitted to lock it in place. It is very tricky wiping it with iso and not get it on the wood and anything you wash down the sides or behind this piece is never coming out- so probably best to just wipe this piece without iso while hot like the instructions say. Obviously you can't remove the bowl piece either so this has to be wiped without getting it on the wood (too much). I did have trouble getting the specs and gunk out of the screen close to the sides, in fact I couldn't do it without taking a torch to it (surely not recommended and I hope Mark doesnt read what I did). I used a small flame and was very quick and careful and it worked well but I had to iso wash out the combustion smell. Overall probably a bad move so please don't try this at home. Apart from the screen and mouthpiece section not coming out- dead easy. But the screen edges are an issue. I don't think you can remove this screen in the bowl can you?

Shit Snacks

My 7 got her first deep clean today. A month of regular use it had a good honey coating. The ceramic cleans easily enough, but if you are the OCD type you might stress trying to get it pristine. I am not and it good enough for me in a flash. You can remove it from the mouthpiece and WPA for soaking, but you can't remove the ceramic from the battery cover piece because of a little piece of wood fitted to lock it in place. It is very tricky wiping it with iso and not get it on the wood and anything you wash down the sides or behind this piece is never coming out- so probably best to just wipe this piece without iso while hot like the instructions say. Obviously you can't remove the bowl piece either so this has to be wiped without getting it on the wood (too much). I did have trouble getting the specs and gunk out of the screen close to the sides, in fact I couldn't do it without taking a torch to it (surely not recommended and I hope Mark doesnt read what I did). I used a small flame and was very quick and careful and it worked well but I had to iso wash out the combustion smell. Overall probably a bad move so please don't try this at home. Apart from the screen and mouthpiece section not coming out- dead easy. But the screen edges are an issue. I don't think you can remove this screen in the bowl can you?

You can remove the screen from the bowl. It simply pushes out from the opposite end since it sits on a little ledge. Mine actually came out on its own accidentally with my load the last time using it before I cleaned, which is what prompted me to clean, and was the first time I fully cleaned the screen!

PossumMD

I assume you can remove the screen cos he sells spares on the site. Also, you can use a sewing pin to poke out the little bits. I find that blowing it out straight after a session (even before the cool down buzz has happened) it gets pretty much all but maybe one or two specks that are more to the middle for me. Nothing near the sides.

Shit Snacks

Probably the hash powder I have been enjoying that is clogging it up. If I can pop out the screen then too easy, but I was afraid to try.

Oh yeah I forgot you were the guy using the hash, that will indeed gunk things up more!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Traveler

west-elec

Considering how many bowls I have put through her, some pretty low grade like dust, some sticky like fruit leather that i have to break up with my fingers, and it was only around the edges and not really affecting airflow that I could tell. Now I know I can just pop the screen- this thing is super low maintenance and dead easy to clean.

sheaegan24

What 14mm adapter are you guys using with the wpa adapter for the firewood 7 because it doesn’t come with one and I want to make sure to buy the right one

sheaegan24,

Shit Snacks

What 14mm adapter are you guys using with the wpa adapter for the firewood 7 because it doesn’t come with one and I want to make sure to buy the right one

Any 14 mm male will fit, no specific right one, there is variance in glass in general, but I have several different that fit no problem!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: dimmusp

florduh

Well, I woke up from a Sunday nap. Happened upon this thread. And impulse purchased a FW7. The economics of the Florida medical program have convinced me to get back into the flower game. It's the opposite of Cali, where I always felt concentrates were a better value.

I was going to put in an order for the Tinymight today. But the long lead times and possible overseas shipping for warranty issues were giving me pause. Can someone who owns both please convince me I made the right choice :lol:

Shit Snacks

Any that you find do better than others?

No that's what I'm saying, I've tried several from all different sources, and they all fit nice, tight and secure!

Well, I woke up from a Sunday nap. Happened upon this thread. And impulse purchased a FW7. The economics of the Florida medical program have convinced me to get back into the flower game. It's the opposite of Cali, where I always felt concentrates were a better value.

I was going to put in an order for the Tinymight today. But the long lead times and possible overseas shipping for warranty issues were giving me pause. Can someone who owns both please convince me I made the right choice :lol:

Absolutely great choice! I have and love both, I think they make a great compliment in fact, specifically the last few pages some people have actually been converted too! Also check in AskFC there is a comparison thread where I posted a bit more... Suffice to say FW7 is a fantastic vape for enjoying high quality flowers, I do not think you will be disappointed!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

wow that’s fantastic

Yeah again there can be variance in glass, and the wood fit, but you should be fine, though there is a very small risk with any after market glass purchase I suppose... Also what helps it fully stick securely is when there's a little vapor build on em.

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom