Firewood Vaporizer

west-elec

Any that you find do better than others?
Not sure cost for shipping OS but australian vaporizers have 18/14 and 14/14 male/male adaptors (for only AU$5) with the upper 14 at 45 degree angle. I find this a better angle for my hammer pipe ergonomically than the straight adaptor. I don't have to cock my elbow up to meet the angle and depending on how you turn the joint it changes the angle of the vape so you can adjust to what suits your grip style. I also sometimes just push a short length of silicone whip in the WPA when I want something pocketable (before i got the new cooling stem).

west-elec,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oregon Glass Blower has a lot of different shaped nice thick adapters in the US btw

Shit Snacks,

sheaegan24

Not sure cost for shipping OS but australian vaporizers have 18/14 and 14/14 male/male adaptors (for only AU$5) with the upper 14 at 45 degree angle. I find this a better angle for my hammer pipe ergonomically than the straight adaptor. I don't have to cock my elbow up to meet the angle and depending on how you turn the joint it changes the angle of the vape so you can adjust to what suits your grip style. I also sometimes just push a short length of silicone whip in the WPA when I want something pocketable (before i got the new cooling stem).
do the adapters work well for the firewood 7

sheaegan24,

florduh

No that's what I'm saying, I've tried several from all different sources, and they all fit nice, tight and secure!

Absolutely great choice! I have and love both, I think they make a great compliment in fact, specifically the last few pages some people have been converted too! Also check in AskFC there is a comparison thread where I posted a bit more... Suffice to say FW7 is a fantastic vape for enjoying high quality flowers, I do not think you will be disappointed!

Nice! I suppose my only real concern is the vapor temperature/smoothness. That was probably the biggest selling point of the TM, to me. I'm guessing it's due to the little metal washer in the TM's cooling stem? Not sure. I did add the cool little dimpled green cooling stem for the 7. Hopefully that will help negate that issue.

Would you mind comparing the "vapor comfort" of both? I'll likely be using it mostly with a glass stem.

I'll likely still pick up a TM, but I'm hoping this thing tides me over until there's a US distributor or the CS challenges get ironed out. In the meantime, I know from experience Mark is a solid guy. He created a beautiful vaporizer here.

florduh,

west-elec

I was going to put in an order for the Tinymight today. But the long lead times and possible overseas shipping for warranty issues were giving me pause. Can someone who owns both please convince me I made the right choice :lol:
Funny how times change. If I had a tinymight last year I would have been ecstatic and it would probably never leave my side, but I got my 7 only a week after the tinymight arrived and now I have to remind myself to use it. Tinymight is very consistent pure convection but that in itself can be a little boring. The 7 is more versatile and can give various experiences whereas every session with the tinymight will be the same. Can't believe I would call an unbelievable vape like the tinymight boring but once something better comes along you never look back.

Shit Snacks

Nice! I suppose my only real concern is the vapor temperature/smoothness. That was probably the biggest selling point of the TM, to me. I'm guessing it's due to the little metal washer in the TM's cooling stem? Not sure. I did add the cool little dimpled green cooling stem for the 7. Hopefully that will help negate that issue.

Would you mind comparing the "vapor comfort" of both? I'll likely be using it mostly with a glass stem.

I'll likely still pick up a TM, but I'm hoping this thing tides me over until there's a US distributor or the CS challenges get ironed out. In the meantime, I know from experience Mark is a solid guy. He created a beautiful vaporizer here.

It's good, they're both good, it's just different, like he said TM is pure convection so it can actually be pretty harsh... Depending on temps and rips... Cooling unit does work well though, but I mostly use mine at home with backwards RBT stems through j hooks.

If you look in the past few several pages here, I was using a similar setup with my FW7 when I received it and the WPA, now I have different stem options with the WPA (a custom micro j hook). I have not yet tried the new standard FW7 mouthpiece, but I have one on order with the green cooling stem, and I also have some O'Connell cooling stems to use with it now...

Anyway the FW7 regardless can be as harsh or cool as you like, depends on temperature settings, how you load, how you draw and use the button. Then yeah will depend on the stems, etc. So vapor comfort is just such a variable factor in any vape, and these vapes are really too different to properly compare, but they both have excellent vapor quality and cooling options if that helps put you at ease?

I look forward to when you receive it, I think you will be very happy!

florduh

@Shit Snacks yes dude. You and @west-elec have completely set my mind at ease.

I think the convection/conduction hybrid aspect really sold me. I was asking about vapor comfort because a few years ago I was using convection portables. They tasted great but all that hot air was a bit much after a while.

The different cooling stem options and the hybrid nature of this should take care of those challenges nicely.

I really appreciate it guys!

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Can someone give me the outer dimensions of the FW7 please
I need to buy a hard case so that when it arrives to be protected and warm with the cold that has been🥶

dzoinp,
Are the controls on the FW7 identical to the FW6, except you press a button instead of squeezing the unit?

Definitely intrigued by the FW7 given the high praise in this thread. I had the FW6, but sold it after a short while. It didn't seem to work as well with less than a full bowl, and I found the vibration system to be a little cumbersome at times. In terms of the vapor, it just didn't provide the kick I was looking for. Sounds like the hybrid heating on the FW7 is a big improvement, though. I like the cooling stem possibilities too.

The button placement on the unit seems slightly awkward. Anyone have an issue with that or is it fine?

letter never sent,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

west-elec

Held in the right hand with thumb on the button is very comfortable and natural, especially like the mouth feel of the cooling stems. But the meat of your thumb can block the air inlet holes if you' don't hold it slightly away. With the WPA on a rig it is upside down so held in the right hand puts the button on the back, but it suits where my index fingers sits perfectly. It is pretty small and big fingers might need to focus a bit to feel the soft click but you can very easily find ts location in the dark.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I think the placement is fine but I wish the button was a little bigger.

I second this - button placement is actually very ergonomic, either that or I've adapted very easily, but I find it extremely comfortable to hold up to my mouth and keep the button depressed.

If I were to nitpick, I also wish it was a bit longer, or at the very least, a more "obvious" clicker behind the switch. Sometimes on a long inhale I cant tell if I've accidentally let up on the pressure and its switched off or if I'm still holding enough. Usually thats an effect of using the FW though, losing a bit of awareness...

@florduh You made a good choice - Even using both over this weekend, partially for fun and partially for comparisons, I dont know if I could definitely say I would prefer one over the other.

At the end of the day they're both excellent performers and you cant go wrong with either. The TM is a *bit* more mindless, there's literally nothing to think about. Its straight and to the point, no BS, extremely consistent.

FW is a touch more user involved/experience varies depending on user input via loading, inhaling, button pressing, etc. Still, extremely consistent as long as your consistent.

The TM is like buckling up in the back of a passenger plane. Sit down, buckle up, relax and enjoy the ride. You dont have to do anything besides sit there.

FW is like...being the co-pilot on the plane. You have some impact on the flight, but for the most part you're still along for the ride.

florduh

At the end of the day they're both excellent performers and you cant go wrong with either. The TM is a *bit* more mindless, there's literally nothing to think about. Its straight and to the point, no BS, extremely consistent.

FW is a touch more user involved/experience varies depending on user input via loading, inhaling, button pressing, etc. Still, extremely consistent as long as your consistent.

Thanks for the excellent comparison! It sounds like the biggest disadvantage over the TM would be the ability to hand it to a vape newbie. Since I'm not really in the businesses of puffing and passing in 2020, that's no biggie.

Aaaaaaand it looks like they're already gone on the site. Really glad I made this impulse purchase yesterday.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Thanks for the excellent comparison! It sounds like the biggest disadvantage over the TM would be the ability to hand it to a vape newbie. Since I'm not really in the businesses of puffing and passing in 2020, that's no biggie.

Aaaaaaand it looks like they're already gone on the site. Really glad I made this impulse purchase yesterday.

Yup, exactly... the TM is my go-to for others. Literally all you have to say is "press and hold this, wait for the buzz, inhale, and release whenever you're good"

Trust me I have zero qualms about letting a friend use my TM while I use my FW.

Shit Snacks

I actually think the FW7 will be really easy to hand to just anyone to use as well, with the conduction element it is making the vapor for you, so in that sense it can be a little more mindless I think... But you do need to be mindful of that fact, so you're not wasting vapor ofcourse! Really both are very consistent and pretty automatic, yet manual too, due to the instant on-demand nature.

Ripstar

I actually think the FW7 will be really easy to hand to just anyone to use as well, with the conduction element it is making the vapor for you, so in that sense it can be a little more mindless I think... But you do need to be mindful of that fact, so you're not wasting vapor ofcourse! Really both are very consistent and pretty automatic, yet manual too, due to the instant on-demand nature.
Absolutely this, it was very easy for 2 of my friends to use. The curve is so small that it is appealing to a beginner.
FYI, be careful hitting in cold weather, you can't feel the vapor and I always end up taking coughers....lol. In a good way, massive rips. I got way more blasted than I planned on for my afternoon walk.

florduh

I actually think the FW7 will be really easy to hand to just anyone to use as well

Absolutely this, it was very easy for 2 of my friends to use. The curve is so small that it is appealing to a beginner.

That's good to hear. I looked at the directions. Sure, the clicks can be complicated (to some) for changing temps. But if you just need to take a hit, it seems pretty intuitive.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
That's good to hear. I looked at the directions. Sure, the clicks can be complicated (to some) for changing temps. But if you just need to take a hit, it seems pretty intuitive.
The part that can be confusing is when you want to change the temp settings of the presets. But taking it slow with instructions in hand makes it easier and it is not something you need to do once you've dialed in your preferences.

Daily operation quickly becomes second nature.

Yer gonna love it! ;)

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

FYI, be careful hitting in cold weather, you can't feel the vapor and I always end up taking coughers....lol. In a good way, massive rips. I got way more blasted than I planned on for my afternoon walk.

I should have prefaced that I either have friends that dont pay attention, or I dont have the patience to explain, but it's probably a combination of the two plus my OCD of making sure they keep inhaling through the cooldown buzz to clear all the vapor etc. Basically I take the easy way out because even the TM I have to keep reminding wait for the buzz etc. so rather than introduce a new device just keep letting them borrow the same one.

I dont mean to make it sound like the FW7 is complicated at all for a beginner - its not. If you're passing it to somebody they're most likely not going to be changing temps, all they'll be doing is pressing and holding. Still very straight forward.

To me though the FW seems more responsive to pre-heating and draw speed, where as the TM is pretty gives you the same performance no matter what. And to be honest I like having the extra bit of user input, keeps you more involved than loading a stem and hitting a button. I'm using it much more than the TM now anyway

Chingas

I'm wondering if my FW7 is messed up. It's very airy. When I take the battery cover off and plug the top of the bowl and the 4 intake holes on the side I still get the same airflow. It doesn't matter which mouthpiece I use including the wpa. I also just tried it without any mouthpiece and just drawing on the bottom of the bowl. Same thing.

It's messed up right?

Chingas,
Top Bottom