Firewood Vaporizer

Ripstar

Haha I missed it as well, Marc even gave me a heads up last evening, but I figured since they were going up 8am eastern time that by the time I woke up in cali they would all be gone! Oh well, I'll get my second FW7 at some point, I'm sure! Congratulations to all the soon-to-be (hopefully) new owners, and congratulations to @firewood as well, on the fast sales of this fantastic product!!
for sure! I am so glad it's sold out. This is a great vape. I will gladly pay full price for a new unit or 2 to be gifted

Tombudster

I messed up and didn't place the order fast enough yesterday. Sent them an email but never heard back.

Now to decide if I just get a Mighty while it's still on sale. I can't play the stock waiting game like I have been for GPU's, CPU's, gaming consoles, routers, and other computer parts this year - my heart can't take anymore

Tombudster,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp

SquirrelMaster

I messed up and didn't place the order fast enough yesterday. Sent them an email but never heard back.

Now to decide if I just get a Mighty while it's still on sale. I can't play the stock waiting game like I have been for GPU's, CPU's, gaming consoles, routers, and other computer parts this year - my heart can't take anymore

That's a tough call. I would wait as long as you can on the Mighty to see if Firewood emails you back but I feel you on the stock waiting game. I didn't even attempt to get a new GPU this year and I fluked out with my PS5. This year is complete and utter shit for many reasons but at least there are tons of new toys to keep us busy.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: dimmusp

Tombudster

That's a tough call. I would wait as long as you can on the Mighty to see if Firewood emails you back but I feel you on the stock waiting game. I didn't even attempt to get a new GPU this year and I fluked out with my PS5. This year is complete and utter shit for many reasons but at least there are tons of new toys to keep us busy.

That's the plan. Wait until the 30th and then pull the trigger. It's 100% my fault that I missed it. Dog wouldn't stop bugging me to take her out!

Vaporware

Even without the sale the Mighty is significantly more expensive, and while it has some advantages (like I hear you can’t really burn your material in the Mighty even with bad technique and it’s from a big company if you like that), I think the Firewood 7 has a lot more going for it.

Stock issues are partly due to the sale, and I think also due to it gaining some well earned attention here, on Reddit, etc. I suspect that if you miss it though, once the sale is over and he has time to produce some more it shouldn’t be too hard to get ahold of one.

Personally I would go for the FW7 right now even if the Mighty was cheaper. The replaceable battery, size, materials, cleaning requirements, and from what I’ve heard even performance are all things that make the FW7 much more appealing to me. I also prefer buying from small makers like Marc as long as they support their products well, and from what I’ve seen he does. :)

Ripstar

Even without the sale the Mighty is significantly more expensive, and while it has some advantages (like I hear you can’t really burn your material in the Mighty even with bad technique and it’s from a big company if you like that), I think the Firewood 7 has a lot more going for it.

Stock issues are partly due to the sale, and I think also due to it gaining some well earned attention here, on Reddit, etc. I suspect that if you miss it though, once the sale is over and he has time to produce some more it shouldn’t be too hard to get ahold of one.

Personally I would go for the FW7 right now even if the Mighty was cheaper. The replaceable battery, size, materials, cleaning requirements, and from what I’ve heard even performance are all things that make the FW7 much more appealing to me. I also prefer buying from small makers like Marc as long as they support their products well, and from what I’ve seen he does. :)
100% This vape is my go to if I want big clouds that don't bust my lungs. The build quality, oven, beauty and wpa/other options make it a top notch vape.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Hello all, longtime lurker here. I heard about this vape about a month ago, did some looking around at other, similar units, but ultimately decided with the FW7. It got here a couple days ago and I’ve been putting it through it’s paces, getting used to it and such.

so far it’s proving to be an incredibly powerful unit, flavour is top notch. Very very happy I purchased when I did and didn’t wait for any sales. Seems they sold out pretty much the next day or two after I ordered mine. and I will be trying to snag one for my girlfriend before Christmas but that might have to wait depending on how quick Marc’s turn around are.

anyways, I love this little beauty. And I’m very glad I found this space.

dimmusp

Do the temperature settings of the FW7 simply translate into a constant power output, or does the vape intelligently adjust the power to keep a constant temperature in a fool-proof way as long as you keep the button pressed?

If it's the latter, then it sounds like an on-demand Crafty+, which would make it very tempting... 🤔

dimmusp,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Do the temperature settings of the FW7 simply translate into a constant power output, or does the vape intelligently adjust the power to keep a constant temperature in a fool-proof way as long as you keep the button pressed?

If it's the latter, then it sounds like an on-demand Crafty+, which would make it very tempting... 🤔

I'm not sure I fully understand the question, but the FW7 is calibrated for a true temp control... Being on demand however, you could reach a higher end or lower end, of each temp setting, depending how you draw, use the button, and pack. The settings themselves, were calibrated down 30°, after the beta batch, based on the feedback here... And yes it is an instant on demand, ceramic chambered conduction vape, with a touch of hybrid convection too. So, you should already be tempted my dude! :tup:

dimmusp

I'm not sure I fully understand the question, but the FW7 is calibrated for a true temp control... Being on demand however, you could reach a higher end or lower end, of each temp setting, depending how you draw, use the button, and pack. The settings themselves, were calibrated down 30°, after the beta batch, based on the feedback here... And yes it is an instant on demand, ceramic chambered conduction vape, with a touch of hybrid convection too. So, you should already be tempted my dude! :tup:
What I mean is the difference between using a mod-based vape in Power mode (for example, 35 Watts) versus using it in TC mode (for example, 180 Celsius) or setting a Mighty/Crafty+ to 180 Celsius.

Is the FW7 more like the latter (TC) after holding the button long enough for it to reach the set temperature? <-- I think this is what you're saying it does, which would make it very very interesting!

I guess even with a Mighty/Crafty+ it would also depend a bit on how hard you draw and how you pack, right? Like when you draw hard on them and the light turns red while it tries to heat back up to the set temp.

dimmusp,

Shit Snacks

What I mean is the difference between using a mod-based vape in Power mode (for example, 35 Watts) versus using it in TC mode (for example, 180 Celsius) or setting a Mighty/Crafty+ to 180 Celsius.

Is the FW7 more like the latter (TC) after holding the button long enough for it to reach the set temperature? <-- I think this is what you're saying it does, which would make it very very interesting!

I guess even with a Mighty/Crafty+ it would also depend a bit on how hard you draw and how you pack, right? Like when you draw hard on them and the light turns red while it tries to heat back up to the set temp.

Yeah exactly, I would say it is different than both of those, perhaps best to think of it as somewhere in between? in my opinion it is pretty unique from anything else honestly!

firewood

Manufacturer

I have been doing TC since fw3, i.e. I check and maintain a constant resistance at the heating element (resistance is a function of temperature so it is basically like checking the temp. I think this is how TC works in mod-based vapes too)

rvarick

I got mine! And a water pipe adapter to boot.

Anyone have any advice on where to get the 14 mm connection for the WPA?
Any 14mm Male to 10/14/18mm Male adapter should work, but here's the two I've been using if helpful (purchased from ebay):

Shit Snacks

Firewood 7's look to be back in stock at the moment for those interested.

Yes indeed! Was able to pick up my second one finally, third times the charm! Along with green cooling stem (the purple inception I have coming from O'Connell is a little longer, and the smoked one from him is even longer than that, so I figured it was a good idea to get this green one for the color and to try one that can retract fully into the FW7)

Traveler

FW7 is waiting at home for me now!! What is everyone using for transport? looking for a pouch/container that is somewhat smellproof. TIA!!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@Shit Snacks Just to be sure, this is what you're talking about, right?

Good call on the green cooling stem, I love how it completely retracts into the device. Great for the pockets! Still working on a way to make it more mobile friendly, in terms of loading.

By working I mean doing absolutely nothing other than waiting for a genius idea to come to me or for one of you to post something genius.

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks Just to be sure, this is what you're talking about, right?

Good call on the green cooling stem, I love how it completely retracts into the device. Great for the pockets! Still working on a way to make it more mobile friendly, in terms of loading.

By working I mean doing absolutely nothing other than waiting for a genius idea to come to me or for one of you to post something genius.

Haha yeah I told you about the Rogue Wax Works shovel for loading already! Not sure how mobile that would really be though lol

And yes that is the right link, on the previous page or two here, someone posted their FW7 with a green one of those, which is why I had to have a purple one for myself! I got his longer plainer Dyna cooling stem in smoked glass too, because of the price, and for the free shipping altogether with debowler dish.

rvarick

Quick tip for those using a colored OCWW Inception Stem with the FW7 (or really any dynavap-width stem) - if the small glass tube from Firewood doesn't fit tightly in the cooling stem, even after pushing the two pieces of silicone together more; you can use a couple Dynavap o-rings to get it to fit snugly (as shown in the picture below).

The inner diameter of my green inception stem was a *tiny* bit wide for a dynavap tip, etc. I realize they're handmade so they could vary ever so slightly, or I think my green one may be the first one OCWW made, so it could be that too (!)

0D65F7CC-F4B5-42FC-AC60-4E9C3E311D21.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom