Firewood Vaporizer

florduh

Anyone know if there third party stems that offer better cooling than the stock stem and can fully (or mostly) retract for pocketability?

florduh,

florduh

High Artisan and Good Vibes Boro both make stems with pills, but many look a bit longer than the OG. Bet they'd make one, though. Not sure how well they cool...yet.

Yeah. I mean the stock stem has glass nubins that probably act like balls 'n pills already :shrug:

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Yeah. I mean the stock stem has glass nubins that probably act like balls 'n pills already :shrug:
I have a pair of high artisan stems with pills that fully retract (I think they were sold as FW7 stems? I needed to use the adapter tube to connect to my fw9), but they on average cool worse than the stock stem. When the pills can move inside the stem, they cool the same as or better than the stock stem, but after about 2-3 sessions the pills get glued to the side with resin and end up cooling less and restricting airflow more.

Definitely wish they cooled better, but at least they look pretty! My Firewoods currently run cool enough on preset 3/420F that they don’t really need too much cooling thankfully.

EarthworldTim

If you don't mind titanium then maybe consider the RWW stem with intercooler. They come with acrylic or wood integrated MP. I like mine and rarely swap it for a mist vape stem I have that's nicer but doesn't retract fully.

EarthworldTim,
Reactions: coolbreeze

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anyone know if there third party stems that offer better cooling than the stock stem and can fully (or mostly) retract for pocketability?

There are potential options I wonder if GVB could make a version of his double retracting stem if you wanted extra length for cooling? The stock stem is not cool enough for you, is the issue but you don't want it to be too big? So there needs to be a trade-off, my GVB stem is a bit cooler probably because it is a bit longer, the bricks are enough of an obstruction even as they get dirty for mine so far but I was not going for retractability at all I think it is still portable pocketable enough without retracting and has full length still being compact... Spikes are not necessarily that effective either and anything will need to be cleaned the more cooling it has, the right angle pathway does help so if something could be customized with further right angle pathways, like a GVB stem that did not retract but came out at a right angle again up alongside the FW if possible could offer a great cooling experience I think (for my FW7 I had a customized 14 mm micro right angle hook that cooled quite adequately with the WPA setup) may be worthwhile custom

coolbreeze

Man, I'm loving this thing! I tried the WPA, it's going great.
IMG-8869.jpg

Enjoying a Purple Urkel/Blueberry Kush nightcap. Cheers!

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Hey brother! Good to see you around here again... If you skim back, the price was just recently dropped, it is now about the price it was on sale already always, either version
Thanks Shit Snacks. It's good to be back brother. These last couple of years have been rough with my health and honestly I'm so thankful to even still be here. Missed you all over my absence. And, so I'm not completely off topic. Thanks for the heads up I will be ordering mine probably this week. Excited to give it a go.

Last edited:

Pasoa2020

For those with the FW7 have you bothered changing the preset temps? If so what do you recommend? So far I’ve only used the preset ones but realize I never use the 3rd setting. So maybe it’s worth lowering the 3rd and 2nd?

FatOldEnt

Oops, I didn't realize you were asking specifically about FW7. Sorry, I've got the 9. These devices are too good...

I lowered mine to 300/320/340 but rarely go above 320 and it's great.

Lowest I've tried is 280 and didn't get much vapor but I may try it again.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

For those with the FW7 have you bothered changing the preset temps? If so what do you recommend? So far I’ve only used the preset ones but realize I never use the 3rd setting. So maybe it’s worth lowering the 3rd and 2nd?
So far mostly on the first preset for direct, and the second or third for water. I'm just getting to know it though. : )

MHL

Try hard noob
I just bought one of these last week. Even though the price on new units came down, I tried second hand, hoping it would be more customs friendly to the UK, as the charges would increase the price by about 30%.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on this, and I'll keep coming back to this thread to drool until I do.
Drooling over. It's arrived. 🎉

Just got to get through 6 more hours of this dull ass workday so I can give it a whirl. This is gonna be the longest 6 hours ever.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Absolutely, we've talked about this a lot, highly recommend lowering way down, my first setting is 300-330 and highest setting below 400, I mostly ride the lowest setting, then use my middle setting, finishing hits at the highest... I can't remember the exact settings offhand at this moment but I have posted them many times, for both my FW7 and FW9, ride that low low temp step :tup:

What are the default temps on the fw7?

FW7 and FW9 arrive set to 340, 380, 420

sickmanfraud

I like the FW9 more and more. Recently while on a mini THC T-break I used the FW9 to vape CBD and I enjoyed the FW a lot.

I will be having surgery in August and I am looking for suggestions as to the easiest way to reload once I go through the 4 caps I have.

I have a question about battery usage. How many capsules should I expect to be able to vape per full Molicell?

Top Bottom