Firewood Vaporizer

Pasoa2020

Just dialed those in and will report back. Thanks.
These temps are way better. Thanks all.

Was having some issues with the default temp 2 which is what I mostly used starting tk char the flower directly in contact. Almost combusting and it was starting to make the vapor taste bad from that soaking into the ceramic.

Did a dep clean and used the 320-340-360 temps. I had a really nice session with plenty of vapor but more importantly, no charring, at temp 1 (320)

Thanks all

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
easiest way to reload once I go through the 4 caps I have

Do you know about the Delta 3D Studios loading tool??

have a question about battery usage. How many capsules should I expect to be able to vape per full Molicell?

That's going to depend on your usage, for me it would only be like two capsules or so probably although all four capsules could be possible (I just like to temp step long slow draw from many hits at low settings and that takes more battery power)

These temps are way better. Thanks all.

Was having some issues with the default temp 2 which is what I mostly used starting tk char the flower directly in contact. Almost combusting and it was starting to make the vapor taste bad from that soaking into the ceramic.

Did a dep clean and used the 320-340-360 temps. I had a really nice session with plenty of vapor but more importantly, no charring, at temp 1 (320)

Thanks all

Awesome! Yeah that's been my experience, 380 can start to overcook certain spots of the bowl, just one little crumb over cooking can ruin the experience a bit especially for taste, so I only use that setting at the end

Pasoa2020

Do you know about the Delta 3D Studios loading tool??

That's going to depend on your usage, for me it would only be like two capsules or so probably although all four capsules could be possible (I just like to temp step long slow draw from many hits at low settings and that takes more battery power)

Awesome! Yeah that's been my experience, 380 can start to overcook certain spots of the bowl, just one little crumb over cooking can ruin the experience a bit especially for taste, so I only use that setting at the end
I live in a legal state and flower is pretty cheap these days. I don’t really feel the need to extract every last molecule and would take flavor all day long. But yeah you’re spot on about the overcook. It would come out just a few shades away from combusting and I think was starting to. But at 320 I was getting great flavorful clouds that were “full” enough for me. Didn’t even bother going to second setting (340).

Shit Snacks

I live in a legal state and flower is pretty cheap these days. I don’t really feel the need to extract every last molecule and would take flavor all day long. But yeah you’re spot on about the overcook. It would come out just a few shades away from combusting and I think was starting to. But at 320 I was getting great flavorful clouds that were “full” enough for me. Didn’t even bother going to second setting (340).

Yeah I totally agree and I'm in the same situation, but just wish I had better bud!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Zagala

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Ok, here's my FW9, my stem from @GoodVibesBoro and a story.

Grab your favorite vape, this will be long:

I’ve been itching to get a Firewood 9 for ages, as my collection of regulated vapes is looking a bit bare. Then I spotted a stem for the FW9 on goodvibesboro.com and snapped it up instantly – even before I owned the actual vape! I was too scared someone else would grab it.

So, now I had the perfect excuse to buy the FW9. But then the fun and games began. All my cards got rejected (I thought Swiss credit cards were appreciated everywhere? :goon:), and even Marc from the shop couldn’t help. That’s when I had to bite the bullet and ask Michael from @GoodVibesBoro if he could cancel the stem, as my FW9 dreams were on ice.

Michael then suggested that I transfer the money to him and he would buy the FW for me and send it to me together with the stem. No extra charge, and this is a guy who barely knows me. I was blown away - and full of gratitude, I accepted his offer. :love:

Shortly afterwards Michael informed me that he had now received my FW9 and he sent it to me together with the stem and his personal (!) 18mm Killer (he even sold me his own EMK because they were out of stock!) to Switzerland. :whoa:

Then the nightmare started. When the tracking informed me after a few days that the package had been delivered, I was a bit surprised - I don't even live in Massachusetts? :hmm: It didn't take long and Michael contacted me, the package had been returned to him without further explanation. But he didn't give up and sent the package to me again.

A few days later the same crap: USPS was doing USPS things and sent the package back to the sender again without explanation. Michael was a champ though - and sent the package to me a third time! 💪

Tracking it was absolutely nerve-wracking by now and Michael and I were about to give up when the tracking reported that the package was back in his hometown for the. fuxkn. third. time! USPS was hell-bent on making sure I didn't get this damn package. This was really tedious now, as Michael now had to see how to get rid of the FW and get my money back. I really felt so sorry for him: so much effort, so much kindness, without him earning anything - and all for nothing. But then, a few days later, the tracking status changed again and the package actually left the state - why, we had no idea, but the main thing is that the thing is on its way.

And indeed, over 1 month after Michael sent the package for the first time, it actually landed in Switzerland with me. You can't imagine how grateful I am to Michael. Even though he doesn't know me and I'm not a special customer and he hardly earns anything from this package, he went to all this trouble, sent a package three times and even talked to VGoodiEZ about how best to declare it to make sure it'll make its way over the pond. :luv:

I find that so incredibly nice of him, you don't experience something like that every day. Thank you Michael, you are the best! :bowdown:

So, show some love to @GoodVibesBoro. They deserve it. Just please don’t ask Michael to ship a vape to Europe. I think he’s had enough for a lifetime. ;)

Oh, and the FW9 paired with the GVB stem? After one bowl: Pure vaping bliss. :razz:

MHL

Try hard noob
What a ballache, and what a nice dude :tup:

I'm gripped because I only got mine a few days ago, after wanting one for.... well over a year. Within 72 hours I had lost the bowl plug in my mate's garden. I've just been round there all afternoon trying to find it but gave up :( I feel like it's the kind of thing I could just make... if I were a little better with wood... I'm not :( So had to order another one from the US where the shipping is more expensive than the damn plug.

TangibleHangnail

The POTV One dosing capsules work well in my FW7, but need higher temperatures. They fit perfectly (and are on sale atm)

Edit: the other drawback is longer time until vapor, which might be a deal breaker for some people. Messy loading and unloading was my biggest complaint, so I'll take it

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I guess there was a way! Such a weird ordeal, you definitely had to go through a lot to get this one!! However now you know how worthwhile it was...

Yes, it was indeed a bit of a fuss for everyone involved to get me this vape. I was able to play around with it a bit more yesterday and can now say: It was definitely worth the excitement. Not only does my FW now have its own story, which makes it something special, it's also just a great vape!

With the original temperature settings and the stock stem, the vapor was almost a bit too hot for me. I then switched the temperature presets to 320, 350, 380 (thanks @Shit Snacks) and tried the stem from GVB and in this combination I get dense, milky vapor with an excellent taste. I had hoped that the FW would have its own profile and be really different from the Tinymight - and that's definitely the case. I think the FW and the TM complement each other very well and don't take anything away from each other. In any case, I am very, very satisfied with the FW and have a lot of fun with it.

There's just one thing I can't quite get to grips with yet: How do you hold the thing in your hand? At the moment I hold it like I'm trying to whistle through my fingers, but that somehow feels unnatural:

Actually, I would like to grip it in my fist, like a TM, but then I'm afraid that the herb will fall out of the capsule.

Totally awesome he was able to give you that EMK too :bowdown::rockon:

Oh yeah, that's really great. I'm already looking forward to trying out the EMK in peace. A first short test yesterday with the capsule version on a U-Hook was already great.

Shit Snacks

There's just one thing I can't quite get to grips with yet: How do you hold the thing in your hand? At the moment I hold it like I'm trying to whistle through my fingers, but that somehow feels unnatural:

Haha yeah that's part of the quirks, I really wish you didn't have to hold the button down during your hit, but sometimes I hold it like that, kind of pipe-like, some different ways...

Actually, I would like to grip it in my fist, like a TM, but then I'm afraid that the herb will fall out of the capsule.

But yeah this is the primary, you do kind of clutch it, grip it, comfortably for your thumb to rest on the button, in either hand, maybe a different finger, so it is slightly on its side, but still largely upright... I'm also trying to be pretty careful, because a tiny crumb can spoil the flavor, so a good pack also helps of course, especially since I like long slow draw for more of the conduction anyway... Holding it at an angle like that taking your puff seems like how it is largely intended although I do like to hold it the other way I described above psychologically lol

coolbreeze

Mine's the bowl version; I just pack it tight and hold it end-up, either hand:
IMG-9026.jpg

Shit Snacks

Yeah I could not do it full upright, even feels like the bowl is upside down in that photo almost lol when I hold it at an angle on its side it is still pretty carefully with the bowl orientation, just for ocd peace of mind?

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Haha yeah that's part of the quirks, I really wish you didn't have to hold the button down during your hit, but sometimes I hold it like that, kind of pipe-like, some different ways...

Haha ok, good to know it's not only me... :lol:

But yeah this is the primary, you do kind of clutch it, grip it, comfortably for your thumb to rest on the button, in either hand, maybe a different finger, so it is slightly on its side, but still largely upright...

Ok, thanks, I'll try to be a bit braver. When I hold the FW REALLY comfortably in my hand, the chamber is practically upside down, which I would like to avoid.

I'm also trying to be pretty careful, because a tiny crumb can spoil the flavor, so a good pack also helps of course, especially since I like long slow draw for more of the conduction anyway...

I also pack the capsules quite tightly and nothing falls out, maybe I'm just oversensitive too. And yes, I also think that a long, slow draw is preferable with the FW.

Holding it at an angle like that taking your puff seems like how it is largely intended although I do like to hold it the other way I described above psychologically lol

LOL, same here...

IMG-9026.jpg

Man, you're brave! That would be the most comfortable position for me too.

Thank you both, let's see how it works out over the next few days. It's definitely interesting to see that there's no one right way to hold the FW in your hand.

My Firerwood 9 bowl option turned up about a week ago. 10 days delivery to the UK, I had to pay the gatekeeper £50.

I've been using a coarse grind most of the time and getting great results. A little flat hash disc sandwich doesn't seem to effect airflow and the Firewood handles it like a champ.

What really surprised me was the whole nug experience. I've just been pushing a little nug in the oven and squishing down so it's below the air holes and it just works everytime, absolute Flavour town.

Presets have been dailed back a couple of times, currently at 310,330,360.

Stock stem provides adequate cooling for me. With the ceramic elbow it's like having a built in mini J hook. The tip does get warm on some of the longer draws but cools down surprisingly quick between hits. I really like how the whole vapour path breaks down for cleaning.

This is just a well thought out and well made DHV and I'm very happy with my purchase.

I haven't given much thought to bowl position during usage, it seems to work the same in every orientation for me.

Last edited:

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
All my cards got rejected (I thought Swiss credit cards were appreciated everywhere? :goon:), and even Marc from the shop couldn’t help. That’s when I had to bite the bullet and ask Michael from @GoodVibesBoro if he could cancel the stem, as my FW9 dreams were on ice.

Michael then suggested that I transfer the money to him and he would buy the FW for me and send it to me together with the stem.
Strange, I couldn't order the fw9 either. Tried 3 different bank cards but none of them went through and I've used all of them for all sorts of purchases without any problems ever. I thought then it might have something to do with the webshop service that the firewood site uses, Shopify, and that it had different options for restricting cards for different countries. I'm in eu, not Switzerland. Not sure though! Never had problems with international purchases before. And Marc couldn't help me either. But I was lucky and found one here! I maybe should have bought a stem first like you did, took me several months to get mine. Not that I minded waiting though :)

IMG-9026.jpg
Exactly how I hold mine usually! Feels very natural. But I do sometimes like to hold it same as picture from @El Duderino , feels like holding a pipe then and feels nostalgic

Last edited:

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Strange, I couldn't order the fw9 either. Tried 3 different bank cards but none of them went through and I've used all of them for all sorts of purchases without any problems ever.

I have had exactly the same experience.

I thought then it might have something to do with the webshop service that the firewood site uses, Shopify, and that it had different options for restricting cards for different countries.

I agree, Shopify is a popular choice and usually reliable. I imagine this could be a setting that can be changed, but as I'm not a Shopify expert, I can't say for sure. It would be convenient if they offered PayPal for international customers, but I'm not familiar with the specific requirements for that.

But I was lucky and found one here!

Glad to hear you found one, congrats! :tup:

El Duderino,

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
It would be convenient if they offered PayPal for international customers, but I'm not familiar with the specific requirements for that.
I think paypal brings other headaches. Rules that mess with sellers/shop owners if they don't follow completely for example. Maybe this is why bitcoin will be next form of payment globally? ;)
Glad to hear you found one, congrats! :tup:
Thanks!

Tellus,

Ipe17

I had no issues to pay with my credit card (visa) from spain. Now dealing with customs...I had to send some documentation and paid yesterday additional 99 EUR (which I was expecting). Hopefully it will be home next week...

Ipe17,

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Ok, here's my FW9, my stem from @GoodVibesBoro and a story.

Grab your favorite vape, this will be long:

I’ve been itching to get a Firewood 9 for ages, as my collection of regulated vapes is looking a bit bare. Then I spotted a stem for the FW9 on goodvibesboro.com and snapped it up instantly – even before I owned the actual vape! I was too scared someone else would grab it.

So, now I had the perfect excuse to buy the FW9. But then the fun and games began. All my cards got rejected (I thought Swiss credit cards were appreciated everywhere? :goon:), and even Marc from the shop couldn’t help. That’s when I had to bite the bullet and ask Michael from @GoodVibesBoro if he could cancel the stem, as my FW9 dreams were on ice.

Michael then suggested that I transfer the money to him and he would buy the FW for me and send it to me together with the stem. No extra charge, and this is a guy who barely knows me. I was blown away - and full of gratitude, I accepted his offer. :love:

Shortly afterwards Michael informed me that he had now received my FW9 and he sent it to me together with the stem and his personal (!) 18mm Killer (he even sold me his own EMK because they were out of stock!) to Switzerland. :whoa:

Then the nightmare started. When the tracking informed me after a few days that the package had been delivered, I was a bit surprised - I don't even live in Massachusetts? :hmm: It didn't take long and Michael contacted me, the package had been returned to him without further explanation. But he didn't give up and sent the package to me again.

A few days later the same crap: USPS was doing USPS things and sent the package back to the sender again without explanation. Michael was a champ though - and sent the package to me a third time! 💪

Tracking it was absolutely nerve-wracking by now and Michael and I were about to give up when the tracking reported that the package was back in his hometown for the. fuxkn. third. time! USPS was hell-bent on making sure I didn't get this damn package. This was really tedious now, as Michael now had to see how to get rid of the FW and get my money back. I really felt so sorry for him: so much effort, so much kindness, without him earning anything - and all for nothing. But then, a few days later, the tracking status changed again and the package actually left the state - why, we had no idea, but the main thing is that the thing is on its way.

And indeed, over 1 month after Michael sent the package for the first time, it actually landed in Switzerland with me. You can't imagine how grateful I am to Michael. Even though he doesn't know me and I'm not a special customer and he hardly earns anything from this package, he went to all this trouble, sent a package three times and even talked to VGoodiEZ about how best to declare it to make sure it'll make its way over the pond. :luv:

I find that so incredibly nice of him, you don't experience something like that every day. Thank you Michael, you are the best! :bowdown:

So, show some love to @GoodVibesBoro. They deserve it. Just please don’t ask Michael to ship a vape to Europe. I think he’s had enough for a lifetime. ;)

Oh, and the FW9 paired with the GVB stem? After one bowl: Pure vaping bliss. :razz:
That is really dope, super nice of him great seeing the community going above and beyond hope you have been enjoying it

Top Bottom