Firewood Vaporizer

buckhakeesah

The FW WPA is my most used accessory. A must have IMO. Wide open airflow and low maintenance are the main benefits of the WPA.
I used a master adapter for about a month before my WPA came in. It works great, but mine didn't stay on the stem very well and kept falling off. Its a PITA to try and connect the MA to the hula stem, without it retracting.

Edit: if you do go the MA route, I just recently saw a hack on Reddit to stop the stem from retracting. Clamp or Rubber bands. Not my photo btw.
You guys have convinced me that I shouldn't go without a WPA. Thanks for sharing how it work for you guys. Appreciate it! Now I just need to see I want this now or if I can have some patience and get it on sale.

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
Yes @Shit Snacks I do always clear my hits thoroughly and dump right after use. and use mostly lower temps and micro doses. All probably reasons why it stays pretty clean. Also, the reclaim was warm when I scraped it out. My ceramic parts are mildly stained brown but not at all sticky. Thanks for sharing your experiences - great to learn from others!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
You guys have convinced me that I shouldn't go without a WPA. Thanks for sharing how it work for you guys. Appreciate it! Now I just need to see I want this now or if I can have some patience and get it on sale.

Nice choice, yeah as long as you can be patient since he is probably super busy, try emailing Marc to see if he can add the WPA to your order and invoice you for the amount or something?

Yes @Shit Snacks I do always clear my hits thoroughly and dump right after use. and use mostly lower temps and micro doses. All probably reasons why it stays pretty clean. Also, the reclaim was warm when I scraped it out. My ceramic parts are mildly stained brown but not at all sticky. Thanks for sharing your experiences - great to learn from others!

Ah yeah so you are using it just like me, but only standard configuration for WPA use as well, so you are holding it every which way more so than I do... (Side note I like holding it the standard level way also because it works best for me ergonomically in use sitting on the couch and because it reminds me of the firefly lol) I know Marc says to hold it any which way, and I believe the FW8 will only have one configuration for all usage styles...

Yeah I'd be curious to see some photos if you have, or next time, that does sound nice and simple to be able to use a toothpick, I would think you might need more surface area at least... Yeah last time I opened mine it was not very sticky, but the first time I did it was much more so than I had expected! So much versatility with this device

ezpz

I definitely prefer the FW WPA. Since we're at home all the time, no need to be stealthy. And manual mode through a waterpiece is pretty fucking awesome. However, I do see a bb9 in my future, or a cheapie one from Dhgate.
One positive to owning a bb9, in pandemic times, is that you can hit the Fw7 natively (with the hula stem), and if any of your friends want to try, you can just switch to the bb9 and they can hit it through almost any cooling piece (no sharing).
I also like to go camping. A bb9 setup would be beneficial for when you have to take stealthy hits in the open, or bong rips in the tent.
So yes, it's great to have options. Different set-ups for different circumstances. I hope this is a good enough reason to get both. I just thought I'd share my reasoning here, before presenting it to my wife. 🙏

Yes @ezpz - good point about the stem retracting when using a master adapter. I forgot to mention that I cut a spacer to fit over the straw and keep the stem from retracting. My final one is brass tubing but my first one was just cut from the barrel of a plastic “Bic Stic” pen.
Good mod. 👍

west-elec

Just catching up with troy and Jerry, their latest show on artisinal vapes, giving a lot of love to @firewood showing off all models from the 3 onwards. Amazing line up in just a few years.
The universe is arranged in 7's, like notes on the scale and colours in a rainbow. So the universe came together in such a way that Marc's design progression culminated in this piece of art we all get to experience today. It's all about time and place. Holistic enough for you?
Troy only has the the first version of the 7 and has been hitting it native. I always wondered why he didn't seem keen, now it makes sense. He needs that cooling tube.
@Zuhdj Troy says the 4 is his favourite and Jerry says it was but he is now in love with the 7. I had forgotten how tiny it is, smaller than the 7.
It reminded me the 4 model had a recall so if you do pick up that second hand unit make sure it has been sent back for repair or it may not be safe.

Shit Snacks

Just catching up with troy and Jerry, their latest show on artisinal vapes, giving a lot of love to @firewood showing off all models from the 3 onwards. Amazing line up in just a few years.
The universe is arranged in 7's, like notes on the scale and colours in a rainbow. So the universe came together in such a way that Marc's design progression culminated in this piece of art we all get to experience today. It's all about time and place. Holistic enough for you?
Troy only has the the first version of the 7 and has been hitting it native. I always wondered why he didn't seem keen, now it makes sense. He needs that cooling tube.
@Zuhdj Troy says the 4 is his favourite and Jerry says it was but he is now in love with the 7. I had forgotten how tiny it is, smaller than the 7.
It reminded me the 4 model had a recall so if you do pick up that second hand unit make sure it has been sent back for repair or it may not be safe.

Oh if Troy doesn't even have the WPA, he is doing a great disservice to himself! ;)

Vaporware

I really need to get another stem connector piece, a shorter one, anyone have a spare per chance that is already cut down?? I should probably just email Marc for special request purchase lol

No need to e-mail! :)

WPAs are also orderable for anyone who needs one, but they won’t ship for a while.

Jason Mendoza

once you see fulfillment on the site.. when did you usually get tracking info?
Saw it show as fulfilled but haven't gotten tracking info.
Just curious what ya'll's experience was.
I rcvd an email with tracking via shopify app, which was a pleasure to use. Quickest app download and set up.

How much of a pita is shipping to EU/Germany? I'll have an extra FW soon enough. I ordered 2 more (3 weeks apart). B/C I wanted the upgraded stem and can't seem to get it in stock. Finally said, F it. Order a whole unit and sell the un upgraded one. Also bought new oven and more stems.

I have the mist vape beaded stem but I like being able to push the stem up with the wood. I also don't understand how the larger diameter stem makes a difference. If the skinny stem is a reducer or the mistvape stem is an expander, isn't the pathyway always restricted by it's most narrow path? Thinking of how air ducts and plumbing pieces work, it seems like it wouldn't make a difference.

Last edited:

ezpz

I have the mist vape beaded stem but I like being able to push the stem up with the wood. I also don't understand how the larger diameter stem makes a difference. If the skinny stem is a reducer or the mistvape stem is an expander, isn't the pathyway always restricted by it's most narrow path? Thinking of how air ducts and plumbing pieces work, it seems like it wouldn't make a difference.
Think of the beads in the stem as hair starting to clog up your drain. Water can still get through, but it flows better if you remove the gunk. Free flowing vapor will be a tad hotter, than vapor that has to bounce off some glass beads first. 👍

west-elec

I rcvd an email with tracking via shopify app, which was a pleasure to use. Quickest app download and set up.

How much of a pita is shipping to EU/Germany? I'll have an extra FW soon enough. I ordered 2 more (3 weeks apart). B/C I wanted the upgraded stem and can't seem to get it in stock. Finally said, F it. Order a whole unit and sell the un upgraded one. Also bought new oven and more stems.

Forcing vapour through a narrow tube makes more glass contact, so narrow tube will cool better than a wider tube of same length up to a point. But the glass picks up this heat and can get hot enough to burn lips. Also the remaining hot vapour that doesn't hit glass comes out in a thin stream that is like a plasma cutter because it is so focussed.
Dimples and beads slow the flow and absorb heat much better and don't focus a flow through the centre. Huge temp difference, light night and day.

Gumby

Got mine just now, I was actually surprised by how small it is, very nice in hand. I so wisely forgot to charge some batteries so I'll take this thing for a walk in a bit later.

I practically covered it with my oily prints taking it out of the box. When you use bees waxon it, do you also use oil, or more of a mix? Would my dynawax do the job well? My biggest wood pieces are stems which I can't mess up much.

west-elec

Got mine just now, I was actually surprised by how small it is, very nice in hand. I so wisely forgot to charge some batteries so I'll take this thing for a walk in a bit later.

I practically covered it with my oily prints taking it out of the box. When you use bees waxon it, do you also use oil, or more of a mix? Would my dynawax do the job well? My biggest wood pieces are stems which I can't mess up much.
Mineral oil and wax mix is good because better penetration, but your dynawax will do the job fine. Might need to reapply wax more often than oil/wax mix.
Others are letting their own oils do the job naturally, like you inadvertently started. Every time you use it rub the sides of your nose, then rub all over the wood and polish with a cloth. Then it really becomes your unique device changing over time getting darker and richer with each use...

Shit Snacks

Nice, little tip, the dyna wax will go on easy after a session vaping a bowl in your Firewood7, the wood will be warm and the wax will melt right in as you rub it down!

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
@Jason Mendoza - you shouldn't have to worry about combustion -- especially once you get the hang of your draw speed. The oven is very stable - it doesn't run away and over temp. The only time I ever came close to combustion was a little scorching around the edges from conduction when I didn't draw hard enough on temp 3. Low temps = long slow light draws, high temps = faster draws. It becomes second nature very quickly.

Jason Mendoza

Think of the beads in the stem as hair starting to clog up your drain. Water can still get through, but it flows better if you remove the gunk. Free flowing vapor will be a tad hotter, than vapor that has to bounce off some glass beads first. 👍
OOOHHH! I forgot that the beans impede the pathway, thereby reducing the airflow. I don't have a problem with it being hot tho I probably don't run it hot enough. I'm afraid of combusting. That such an unpleasant experience.
Mineral oil and wax mix is good because better penetration, but your dynawax will do the job fine. Might need to reapply wax more often than oil/wax mix.
Others are letting their own oils do the job naturally, like you inadvertently started. Every time you use it rub the sides of your nose, then rub all over the wood and polish with a cloth. Then it really becomes your unique device changing over time getting darker and richer with each use...
To back up what @shits snacks said, I only used mineral oil and it needs to be applied more often. I first used orange oil with the same outcome. I could only find bees wax in the block form. You need to follow a recipe to combine it with oil before applying. Easy web search. Marc said any natural edible oil is fine, (olive, etc.). Obv, the combo like @Shit Snacks (& FW website) is best. Reminds me to ask Marc to add some to my order.

I've done it in the shower last 2 days, no smell. That 350 cfm fan I installed works great!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@Jason Mendoza - you shouldn't have to worry about combustion -- especially once you get the hang of your draw speed. The oven is very stable - it doesn't run away and over temp. The only time I ever came close to combustion was a little scorching around the edges from conduction when I didn't draw hard enough on temp 3. Low temps = long slow light draws, high temps = faster draws. It becomes second nature very quickly.

The only time I ever came close to combustion was when it got me too stoned to realize the buzzer-buzzed and by the time it occurred that I didnt react to the buzz, I had wayyyy overcooked the herb lol

ezpz

The only time I ever came close to combustion was when it got me too stoned to realize the buzzer-buzzed and by the time it occurred that I didnt react to the buzz, I had wayyyy overcooked the herb lol
I combusted. Completely my fault. I tried to clear a bowl on manual mode. Definitely not recommending using manual mode to clear a spent bowl. Manual mode with a fresh bowl should be fine. Manual mode to clear a bowl = combustion city. Manual mode doesn't have a ready buzz so I probably waited too long also.
But on temp 3, you shouldn't worry.

Jason Mendoza

@DryBonesufo -- this is more of a case than a sleeve, but it is cheap and a good fit for the FW7. There is only room for the device itself, no space for extra batteries or stash, but will protect it well when tossed in a bag or backpack.

That's a good score! I've had luck at thrift stores & my attic! I have an air soft vest holding stems. Last week I bought 2 small cases & 1 suitcase by skunk. The small ones are a lot thicker than I need around my own home/area but the suitcase isn't overly padded. I wish they didn't have the skunk logo though. I'd like to see if I can find a roll of that activated carbon lined felt. It's looks like the same used in the Dyson air filters.

Jason Mendoza,
Reactions: EZ Wind

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
@Jason Mendoza - I’m not sure if they have Harbor Freight stores where you live but they sell generic Pelican style plastic hard cases (the kind people use for firearms) for around $20. They’ll hold a device, extra batteries, grinder, ABV container, tools, and a small water pipe all in foam padding. Great for a camping trip or vacation. Plain black case with no logo plus it’s waterproof, shockproof, and smell proof. Only downside is it looks like you’re carrying around a gun, lol.

Jason Mendoza

@Jason Mendoza - I’m not sure if they have Harbor Freight stores where you live but they sell generic Pelican style plastic hard cases (the kind people use for firearms) for around $20. They’ll hold a device, extra batteries, grinder, ABV container, tools, and a small water pipe all in foam padding. Great for a camping trip or vacation. Plain black case with no logo plus it’s waterproof, shockproof, and smell proof. Only downside is it looks like you’re carrying around a gun, lol.
I was there 2 days ago! Love that store. Specifically went to look at storage. Saw those & made a mental note. They are still heavy for everyday use. The suitcases are heavy so depending on what else I bring, the weight might tack on extra charges. Cheaper than a ride w/ the popo tho.

Side note, I flew with some stash in Feb. TSA didn't care. However, at my nonlegal state layover (&always a delay) dogs were anxiously leading plain clothed officers around. Yikes!

rvarick

Top Bottom