Firewood Vaporizer

Rab42

Got mine today. Was pleasantly surprised he was able to include the wpa, I wasnt expecting it to ship for a few weeks. Its the perfect size for on the go thermal extraction, and pumps out some flavorful clouds . With life slowly returning to "normal" I wanted something more discreate than my splinters/milaana 3 for when I inevitably have to return the office. Swung and missed on the p80 drop but the FW7 was a great backup plan.

Texus

Got mine today. Was pleasantly surprised he was able to include the wpa, I wasnt expecting it to ship for a few weeks. Its the perfect size for on the go thermal extraction, and pumps out some flavorful clouds . With life slowly returning to "normal" I wanted something more discreate than my splinters/milaana 3 for when I inevitably have to return the office. Swung and missed on the p80 drop but the FW7 was a great backup plan.
Yeah was pleasantly surprised to get my WPA with it too

Texus,
Reactions: ezpz

west-elec

Your backup plan is more discreet than the p80. That thing is an eye catcher, this thing can disappear in the palm.

DryBonesufo

Going to be 73 degrees here in the Chi, can’t wait to just take a long walk with my FW7! Just took a small cruise and at 310, 3 meaningful, potent clouds, lasting 3 sessions. Man, this FW is highly underrated especially when you find your temp based on how you draw.

nicedreamz74

Anyone finish their unfinished piece yet? Foolishly ordered mine unfinished and would like to do it eventually. Thanks in advance for any tips, etc and congrats to those receiving! Hope I get it early this week.

Texus

Going to be 73 degrees here in the Chi, can’t wait to just take a long walk with my FW7! Just took a small cruise and at 310, 3 meaningful, potent clouds, lasting 3 sessions. Man, this FW is highly underrated especially when you find your temp based on how you draw.
Funny, that was my Chicago morning too. Great pocketable option and loving the quality of the hits.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anyone finish their unfinished piece yet? Foolishly ordered mine unfinished and would like to do it eventually. Thanks in advance for any tips, etc and congrats to those receiving! Hope I get it early this week.

Yeah read back through the thread, you will find many people have, by the way the FW7 discussion doesn't begin until around page 210... All firewood are fine sanded now, so the only finishing you might want to do is some sort of oils or wax, I never did this myself and my original unit was only rough sanded even, but have no problems at all!

nicedreamz74

Yeah read back through the thread, you will find many people have, by the way the FW7 discussion doesn't begin until around page 210... All firewood are fine sanded now, so the only finishing you might want to do is some sort of oils or wax, I never did this myself and my original unit was only rough sanded even, but have no problems at all!
Thanks!

nicedreamz74,

buckhakeesah

What is the consensus on the WPA? Is that thing a must buy if getting into a FW7? This will be my first from team Firewood. I have a bunch of other portables that can do what this thing does but I couldn't get away from the hype on this one. Ended up stalling on getting this and the WPA and then the WPA went out of stock this week.

buckhakeesah,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
What is the consensus on the WPA? Is that thing a must buy if getting into a FW7? This will be my first from team Firewood. I have a bunch of other portables that can do what this thing does but I couldn't get away from the hype on this one.

IMO, you may as well, if you're ordering direct from FW.

Mine sat unused for months but I am glad I have it. I use it for a j hook rather than a water piece personally but one of these days I'll get around to running it through water

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
I don’t have the WPA and I’ve never felt like I needed it. You can easily use a silicone adapter (like Sneaky Pete’s master adapter) on the included Hula stem for water pipe use. The FW works just fine in a vertical orientation if you lightly pack the load.

My personal preference is to use a DynaVap BB9 stem which is step ground for both 10mm and 14mm - then I can take the first few low temp flavor hits native and finish off with some high temp clouds through a water pipe.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Hey y’all. I’ve gotten an opportunity to trade my lotus for a firewood 4. I don’t really use the lotus but I figure I’ll probably carry the firewood daily. How is the fw4 vapor?

Zuhdj,

djchexxx

Hey y’all. I’ve gotten an opportunity to trade my lotus for a firewood 4. I don’t really use the lotus but I figure I’ll probably carry the firewood daily. How is the fw4 vapor?
It's great but can get warm pretty fast, especially if it doesn't have the cooling unit. One of my favorite things about it was having the extra capsules and it being native 14mm.

Imo vapor quality is better on the lotus but you're trading off for portability on FW4.

ezpz

What is the consensus on the WPA? Is that thing a must buy if getting into a FW7? This will be my first from team Firewood. I have a bunch of other portables that can do what this thing does but I couldn't get away from the hype on this one. Ended up stalling on getting this and the WPA and then the WPA went out of stock this week.
The FW WPA is my most used accessory. A must have IMO. Wide open airflow and low maintenance are the main benefits of the WPA.
I used a master adapter for about a month before my WPA came in. It works great, but mine didn't stay on the stem very well and kept falling off. Its a PITA to try and connect the MA to the hula stem, without it retracting.

Edit: if you do go the MA route, I just recently saw a hack on Reddit to stop the stem from retracting. Clamp or Rubber bands. Not my photo btw.

Last edited:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
It's great but can get warm pretty fast, especially if it doesn't have the cooling unit. One of my favorite things about it was having the extra capsules and it being native 14mm.

Imo vapor quality is better on the lotus but you're trading off for portability on FW
I have a few desktops that, I think, has better tasting and feeling vapor (mainly the supreme with a convection setup) I feel like, if I’m gonna hook stuff up to joints and bong and jhooks, it’ll just be the supreme. I guess the question is, how does the firewood 4 compare to a mighty? It seems waaaaay more convenient and portable and quick

Zuhdj,

djchexxx

I have a few desktops that, I think, has better tasting and feeling vapor (mainly the supreme with a convection setup) I feel like, if I’m gonna hook stuff up to joints and bong and jhooks, it’ll just be the supreme. I guess the question is, how does the firewood 4 compare to a mighty? It seems waaaaay more convenient and portable and quick
Can't really compare to the mighty as i've never tried one but its on my short list right now.

FW4 is on demand convection while Mighty is a hybrid session vape. By the time the mighty is done heating up, you've already taken a few hits from a FW4. If you want to be able to walk around and take a few sneaky hits you want the FW4 or any firewood honestly.

djchexxx,

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
Yes @ezpz - good point about the stem retracting when using a master adapter. I forgot to mention that I cut a spacer to fit over the straw and keep the stem from retracting. My final one is brass tubing but my first one was just cut from the barrel of a plastic “Bic Stic” pen.

Shit Snacks

Just email Marc, you can probably still add the WPA to your order, maybe he can wait to ship the FW until the WPA is ready...? For me it is a must buy, because it changes the form factor, vapor path and cleaning as I explain below, I also have not yet tried it through water but I use it through various custom j-hook type pieces that I posted a photo of just a page or so ago...

I think the connection is very secure, you don't have to worry about the multi-part sliding feature of the standard stem setup, you don't need the extra right angle ceramic bend, simpler and more direct... Sure you could mod something up, use another adapter, keep it in standard configuration, however I think the WPA design is so good here that it is worth including in your order.

I don’t have the WPA and I’ve never felt like I needed it. You can easily use a silicone adapter (like Sneaky Pete’s master adapter) on the included Hula stem for water pipe use. The FW works just fine in a vertical orientation if you lightly pack the load.

It is nice that this works well, but I prefer not to tilt the firewood that way personally, keeps mine much cleaner with less reclaimed between the ceramic parts... I like the WPA because it is a direct path, straight down below the oven chamber through ceramic tube into your glass piece, very easy to keep clean for a long time with essentially no maintenance!

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
@Shit Snacks - I never considered how orientation might affect how quickly it gets dirty. I hold mine basically every which way I feel like and I’ve never cleaned the chamber beyond just blowing back through the stem. It’s been in daily use since early Janusary. The screen is spotless. I just checked the ceramic elbow and it was admittedly pretty full of reclaim but 10 seconds with a toothpick and it’s 90% clean - which is plenty clean enough for me. Speaking of reclaim - time to fire up my trusty old Prima!! :rockon:

west-elec

I would consider that to be a trade up. The 3 and 4 had the cool little capsules that are convenient but a very short vapour path. Add a 14mm j hook or water pipe, or for portability a narrow piece of silicone pushed into the mouthpiece works great.
Not what I would call a hard hitter but very capable and now a rare collector piece. Snap it up.

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks - I never considered how orientation might affect how quickly it gets dirty. I hold mine basically every which way I feel like and I’ve never cleaned the chamber beyond just blowing back through the stem. It’s been in daily use since early Janusary. The screen is spotless.

Yeah the oven chamber (and screen) is basically self cleaning, I'm talking about the other ceramic pieces, like how stained is your lid (I feel like that is related to how well you clear your hits too, like not too much time holding the button without drawing)

I just checked the ceramic elbow and it was admittedly pretty full of reclaim

Haha yes that is what I am talking about, since you do not have the WPA, I suppose you are not removing that piece much so you may not notice as much, however not just the elbow itself, but the flat ceramic pieces on the top and bottom... Like is it all brown smeared stickiness? When I go a long time using mine in the standard configuration, especially if I am holding it any which way instead of keeping it level like I mostly do, it will be pretty dirty when removed. However using the WPA, it is even easier to keep it clean, always using it upright, carefully clearing hits fully, and just having straight ceramic tube pathway.

10 seconds with a toothpick and it’s 90% clean - which is plenty clean enough for me.

I'm impressed that you could use a toothpick for sticky reclaim like this, that must mean they're actually was a lot! I use a iso dampened q-tip to scrub mine out, it is pretty quick and easy, especially when warm after a session! (That's the other thing, I always dump my cham ber right away after my last hit at level 3, which in mine is only 370F now bc before I was doing this at level 2 and only really using level 1 So I lowered all my settings starting at 310F these days) so the chamber especially is always clean!

What's great is that performance doesn't suffer from a lack of cleaning, with good general maintenance, however I like to keep mine clean because that does help preserve the pure taste, having a nice clean vapor path, and the taste that shines through in the FW7 is so deliciously pure when things are clean enough! And yeah the parts are just easier to remove, this way in general...

That being said, I am extremely lazy about cleaning, and will procrastinate as much as possible. I also kind of go through a period of using mine in standard configuration (with inception stem that I have not cleaned yet but probably should) then I remove it to clean a little and switch over to the wpa with my micro j hook (which is how am using it now). Then I will return to a clean standard configuration, well except for the inception stem, though I could switch to the stock firewood hula stem now or my other O'Connell stem... I really need to get another stem connector piece, a shorter one, anyone have a spare per chance that is already cut down?? I should probably just email Marc for special request purchase lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom