• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

FC E-Nail by JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
Done the CAD drawings and updated machine paths for the face plates and slots for my new CNC (the workbee I purchased after building the last 2 units)

machining plates now takes 6-7 min instead of almost an hour :) (+a little hand filing for corners)

5C4474C4-D7D2-40EE-AE2E-209D8FAF7202.jpeg

JCat

Accessory Maker
All the milling is complete (apart from the engraving on 3 of them)

Will be doing final engraving and the fit of the plates in the last 3 boxes tomorrow, then will be removing the plates/electronics for finishing.

Next moving on to the electronics build; hopefully building these as a batch will speed things along considerably vs. doing them as 1-offs. There is a lot of crimping and soldering :)

JCat

Accessory Maker
First one wired and running (on my assembly base, but plates and electronics just get transferred to the final unit "as-is").

All the electronics assembly went well with no hiccups this time :) ... everything works as expected and pleased with the new speakers and relays :)

fcenail-inside-running1.jpg

fcenail-inside-running2.jpg

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just did a test run of the serial # engraving and slightly modified hole pattern (moved a few things by a few mm :) ), and all is good.

Tonight on the list is:
- engrave the serial #'s
- mill and tap the mounting hole patterns
- mount the stand-offs
- re-assemble and screw together without plates/electronics
- final sanding
- finish (will hopefully get the first coat on tonight)
- also finishing an oak shelf for in the kitchen at the same time so can do the sanding/finishing of both together :)

Green Kiwi

couple units with a finish applied (didn't get all 6 done last night)

Should get the rest done Tue-Thu next week and hopefully get all the electronics assembled and the units 100% complete.

View attachment 10897
Absolutely beautiful looking brother!
and I'm certain the performance will be just as beautiful as well:clap:🎇.

Green Kiwi,
Reactions: JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
All 6 units from this batch are now 100% complete and ready to ship :)

I'll post some pictures later!

Thanks everyone for your patience on this round--I think the next batch will be smaller (2-3 units), to make the turn-around quicker :)

thevapist

I can't edit the above post anymore, but I just realized the alternating end grain on the joints is what catches my eye every time I look at it.

I could use this as a cutting board!!!

thevapist,
Reactions: JCat
Top Bottom