Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Misterhyde

This VAS is hard to control! I hadn't even really considered buying one of these. I recently sold a couple vapes hoping to buy 2 different specific vapes. I saw a used Woodscents pop up and jumped on it. I love the beauty of Ed's work, can't wait to see how it performs.

cosimo

hello everyone. I damaged my power dial so I' be buying a VVPS now... i have a question: does it have to be 3 amp? or would a 1.5 amp (3-24V) VVPS work well? I almost never went past 7 -8 on the dial. ahhh quick search answered my question hehehe VVPS on the way!

Last edited:

LogicThug

Decided to get one of these after not having a plug in since a knock off vapor brothers back in 2008. Has anyone explored getting a titanium stem/wpa for these? Daydreaming of getting a custom one made from someone like MarleyMachineWorks on etsy or something.

LogicThug,
Reactions: cosimo

Vapor Mainline

Vapor (Ent)husiast
Decided to get one of these after not having a plug in since a knock off vapor brothers back in 2008. Has anyone explored getting a titanium stem/wpa for these? Daydreaming of getting a custom one made from someone like MarleyMachineWorks on etsy or something.
If you have a cool titanium dynavap stem in mind you can toss the tip on and use that as your stem. Or if you want a regular Ti draw wand someone could probably hook you up. I haven’t personally seen a metal construction wpa but honestly I haven’t looked too hard either…

Vapor Mainline,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Has anyone explored getting a titanium stem/wpa for these?
Ti or S/S,

LogicThug

If you have a cool titanium dynavap stem in mind you can toss the tip on and use that as your stem. Or if you want a regular Ti draw wand someone could probably hook you up. I haven’t personally seen a metal construction wpa but honestly I haven’t looked too hard either…
Ti or S/S,
I was thinking something like the plain 14mm WPA where I could set a basket screen into deeper for a larger load size, also thinking of something slightly step down tapered so it could be supported in a 45 degree stem without needing a hand holding, might get a swivel arm clamp for that. Just random ideas, I will have a better idea of what I want once I receive the Woodscents and get some uses in. May not want anything at all after gaining my footing with it.

GoldenBud

I was thinking something like the plain 14mm WPA where I could set a basket screen into deeper for a larger load size, also thinking of something slightly step down tapered so it could be supported in a 45 degree stem without needing a hand holding, might get a swivel arm clamp for that. Just random ideas, I will have a better idea of what I want once I receive the Woodscents and get some uses in. May not want anything at all after gaining my footing with it.
if you can't find ti wpa, juse use some wooden stem that support spikey glass/ti condenser i think.. i used lamart stem with spikey glass insert, it felt like a glass log.. really clean vapor..

the Ti cover of the WS feeler like glass by the taste..

cosimo

So, I received my VVPS today (cheapazon with free shipping to my country in less than a week!) and upfront there is a huge benefit for me compared to the stock dial. Not sure if this is normal, but my WS (lite version from SP) doesn't buzz anymore! Not a tiny bit! From day one there was a very faint but highpitch buzz/noise coming from the base of he unit which got louder the more I used it and also depending on the angle on which I held the unit. I assumed the noise was normal (ive had other vaporizers that made the same or very similar noise when heating up), and that it had gotten worse because of my improper handling of the unit and its cable/powersource (really banged the shit out of the dimmer and twisted the cable really hard).
Oh how lovely it is not to hear it anymore! Now I assume that this sound wasn't actually normal and might have been due to a faulty cable/power source which I just ruined even more with my bad habits. So if you have that sound, make sure the cable and dimmer are in good conditions, and take care of them hehehehe.

Oh, and
10 - 11v is like getting hit in the face with a shovel for me.
is a completely true statement for me too, and even at 8.06 in my VVPS it is still quite a facemelter for me! Still have to check how accurate this VVPS is with a multimeter, but so far the 7.04 - 8.06 setting range is working quite well for me... I think it's my sweetspot/range equivalent to what I had found with the dimmer but it's strange how much better it feels now ... I now get waaaay more consistent back-to-back hits and I just feel the unit now responds much better to changes... is this how my WS should have been performing this whole time even with the stock dimmer??? I really need to start taking more care of my electronics!

LogicThug

Got the Woodscents delivered yesterday so today is the first full day with it. Absolutely primo off a J-Hook. Just got the traveling light adapter and can confirm the xtar pb2s doesn't have enough juice for it. A shame, wanted to be able to use 2x21700 cells. Have a few anker 20w pd banks around I need to dig up and an iniu coming in tomorrow.

Misterhyde

I also just got a woodscents delivered yesterday, I was able to try it for the first time today and man was I impressed and HIGHLY medicated. The first bowl seemed too restricted, I think I packed it too tight but also wondered if the wooden stem was slightly to blame for the restriction. My woodscents also came with a glass stem that holds the Ti tip. The second bowl, lightly packed, with the glass stem was simply AMAZING! The flavor was outstanding, I don't think it can get any better! The effects also hit me quite hard, I wanted to test it more but I felt like I was on another planet. This thing seems super versatile too. I still haven't tried the full glass stem or the WPA. It sounds like a rant of positive things but I also love the look and feel of the thing, and I just have the walnut. Its much smaller than I imagined it being.

Misterhyde

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, I searched the thread but didn't find anything. I have been trying to use the aromastem but find that it is very loose and falls off extremely easy. This creates a fairly dangerous situation. I haven't successfully used the aromastem once yet without knocking it off and spilling out the dry herb. I know it is suggested to use an o-ring when using the glass stem, however i believe this is just to create an air seal not to keep it from falling off. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I apologize if this has been mentioned before, I searched the thread but didn't find anything. I have been trying to use the aromastem but find that it is very loose and falls off extremely easy. This creates a fairly dangerous situation. I haven't successfully used the aromastem once yet without knocking it off and spilling out the dry herb. I know it is suggested to use an o-ring when using the glass stem, however i believe this is just to create an air seal not to keep it from falling off. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

You don't leave the stem on in-between hits.
I have no idea why one would want to do that.

I put the stem on and immediately begin to hit it, and I remove the stem as I'm finishing my hit to clear it with a little cool air. Then I set the stem down till I'm ready for another hit. I don't see how the stem could "fall off" unless you are trying to leave the stem hanging on there when you're not hitting it. Also, that just waists your herb because it continues to cook and release vapor when you're not hitting it, if you're leaving it sitting on top of your Woodscents heater.

Last edited:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Would like to order another Woodscents to run dual WS through water.

Where can I find a dual WPA that’s wide enough to accommodate two Woodscents?

:science::science:
Something like this plus reducers might give you enough clearance to run dual WS.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Top Bottom