Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Sativapo

Do you use the mesh screens for flower or concentrates? I'm ordering every accessory for every vape I own at the moment lol. I don;t use concentrates though so they wold be useless to me if that's the case.
\
also look what I found for making your own screens!
https://delta3dstudios.com/basket-screen-press-bp380/
I use flower only. I bought a pack of 59 basketscreens on Alie for 4 bucks.

Interesting, Ive used my Dynatipped stems heavy heavy(like 20 bowls/day or more) for over 3 months, the same stem and same screen every single day. I have yet to need to clean it, looking down the stem the screen is perfectly clear from residue and debris.
My guess is that I push the extraction further starting from lower finishing higher.

Sativapo,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

Chandler

Greetings @Ed's TnT and the woodscents community. Been a while since I've been around. I remember the style change not long after I recieved my WS, but heater upgraded as well?! Nice.
There is such a wider temp range across the entire scale with the upgraded heater with an extra 100 degrees at the top end to give you alot more output.

I'm wondering, can older models be upgraded to the new heater if sent back?

Chandler,

Mako Kupo

I use flower only. I bought a pack of 59 basketscreens on Alie for 4 bucks.

My guess is that I push the extraction further starting from lower finishing higher.

Thanks okay I'm gonna order a dozen of em and add them to my box, give them a try this week sometime. As far as extraction, the more you extract the cleaner the stem/screen stays. I hit mine until zero vapor comes out anymore at all, and my dial is perma-set to 9.5. So I start high, and finish high as far as the dial goes. My AVB is like super brown, coffee grounds style or darker.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Interesting, Ive used my Dynatipped stems heavy heavy(like 20 bowls/day or more) for over 3 months, the same stem and same screen every single day. I have yet to need to clean it, looking down the stem the screen is perfectly clear from residue and debris.

I think you're doing weed only?

I'm vaping hash mostly. If possible, mixxed with as much weed I can afford. Nevertheless I've to burn a Dynavap screen every 3-5 bowls :)

Alex3oe,

Sativapo

Thanks okay I'm gonna order a dozen of em and add them to my box, give them a try this week sometime. As far as extraction, the more you extract the cleaner the stem/screen stays. I hit mine until zero vapor comes out anymore at all, and my dial is perma-set to 9.5. So I start high, and finish high as far as the dial goes. My AVB is like super brown, coffee grounds style or darker.
you didn't get reclaim ? The screen is not so much a problem but the "neck" of the tip and condenser get narrower and dirty which after like 2 weeks of daily use affects performance. In my experience high heat doesn't reduce reclaim, on the contrary. Also the way I vape is many hits ( like 6 to 10) par bowl about half at 7-8 half at 10. Also the absolute no vapor is relative. I feel you can always suck some more drawing slow getting heat accumulated and airflow reduced with thinner and thinner and denser plant particles. Another example of this is that my narrower tips after like 2 weeks of heavy use start having a hard time to spinn around the heater. They need some cleaning of the reclaim on the walls of the bowl. I understand there are almost as much vaping styles as vapers.

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@dabrezz I don’t get as much build up as you (maybe you have supierior herbs) but I too find tips with woven screens sometimes collect gunk faster at the neck where the screen sits. My ti tips with the ccd placed at the medium bowl height never have a problem.

On another but similar note, I just got an Omni xl and the tip it came with fits perfectly snug on the heater with no wobble. I slapped that tip on my custom Ed’s TNT Blackwood carbless stem and now have a one handed option. I love it. I’ve got 11 tips, ss and ti, and this is the only one that fits like this.

I do find quite a bit of difference ,though very small, in internal bowl dimensions. The screens in some tips just won’t work as well is some as they do others.

Stone as Emma

IG : jean_roulin_420
you didn't get reclaim ? The screen is not so much a problem but the "neck" of the tip and condenser get narrower and dirty which after like 2 weeks of daily use affects performance. In my experience high heat doesn't reduce reclaim, on the contrary. Also the way I vape is many hits ( like 6 to 10) par bowl about half at 7-8 half at 10. Also the absolute no vapor is relative. I feel you can always suck some more drawing slow getting heat accumulated and airflow reduced with thinner and thinner and denser plant particles. Another example of this is that my narrower tips after like 2 weeks of heavy use start having a hard time to spinn around the heater. They need some cleaning of the reclaim on the walls of the bowl. I understand there are almost as much vaping styles as vapers.

100% agree with you :) I put my ti tips in hot milk along with the glass stems to add some more craziness in my reclaim hot chocolate. It makes for some next level edibles experience everytime :rockon:

I love playing with vapor signature & differents type of session/extraction on my WS. This vape is truly special, you can go cloud chasing in 1 or 2 hits as well as hunting for those crazy terpenes expression draws :drool::drool::drool:

Right now, i have 5 differents top shelf soil grown strains & the woodscents is my weapon of choice :cool:

Edit : just received 2 pieces of premium morocan dry sift. Never tried hash in the WS before. Any input from my WS brothers will be highly appreciated

I guess morocan hash in the morocan Thuya makes the most sense ?

Cheers folks :sherlock:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Hope everyone had a great 420! My Woodscents was front and center throughout the day. To be fair, it’s always front and center. :love: Here is a memory. I love the leather on the bottom of my Woodscents.

D55-B52-EC-1-ED1-48-D2-BBC6-C477267-CEE79.jpg

Stone as Emma

Ok guys, yesterday i had lot or "first times" with my Woodscents :brow:

First time using it inverted on a water tool as i received my first ever glass piece (finally joining the water gang lmao) from the chinese glass blower biao.t on IG.

First time using it with dry sift hash

Guess what ?! I'm in love :love:

It allows for some huge rips fully extracted effortlessly & gets me hella stoned:rockon:

But yeah water takes a bit of the awesome WS vapor signature away but makes for it in smoothness & clouds.

I used between 10.3 & 10.6 V on the VVPS with my thuya burl WPA (first time using it also) & a SS tip. The Thuya scents blending with the Lemon Kush terps had me drooling :drool:

Here is a pic :

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Nice @Stone as Emma. Looking good. I don’t see a lot of hash. I’m jealous.

When I want that pure Woodscents flavor I use one of my wp without water. It acts like a gigantic cooling stem. I love water in my pipes but I find unless I change my water constantly the pure flavor of my herbs definitely get tainted with a popcorn/reclaim/dirty water taste.

Enjoy your new additions!

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
You defo need to try some good moroccan dry sift.
I wish friend. I live on the East Coast of the US in a decriminalized state. So....just street herbs sadly. I’ve got my fc friends to live vicariously through so thank you for that.

Let us know what you think about the dry hits. I find it pretty darn satisfying and like I said cleaner. But just so we are clear, absolutely nothing wrong with a big old fashioned bubbly bong rip too. :science:

Nice @Stone as Emma. Looking good. I don’t see a lot of hash. I’m jealous.

When I want that pure Woodscents flavor I use one of my wp without water. It acts like a gigantic cooling stem. I love water in my pipes but I find unless I change my water constantly the pure flavor of my herbs definitely get tainted with a popcorn/reclaim/dirty water taste.

Enjoy your new additions!
I never did one without water until now. I don't even know what to say, but that produced a ton of flavor and clouds. I would say that kicked ass. I have my dial on 8.5 using Ed's power adapter. I will have to break out the VVPS later and try it, but not to hot. I am scared to do another one, lol.

Edit: Kind of reminds me of a hit with the Volcano Hybrid through the bag.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hey hey everyone, let me jump right into this.

@Slickwilly Bro you have a gorgeous load of wood, way cool. I remember doing that LE top rim Karelian piece it was alot of fun. I have been giving your stem stand idea some thought and have looked into materials for this purpose and hope I can get a chance to work on that in the future. I appreciate what you mentioned and do feel there is something that can be done. Appreciate it again and thanks for sharing all your wood. Hope you are safe and healthy.

@letter never sent IKR, SW is just showing off right lol, haha nah hes got a great collection for sure. Thats what I was thinking to bro, hard to say whats the best way to hit it through water or dry its user preference and mood most of all. Hows that VVPS working for you now bro? WS stems come with a Ti condenser. Appreciate the recommendation bro! Appreciate you stepping up with advise also bro. Glad to hear you are diffing the WS and finding it to be all that for you. Gorgeous Coco 510 bro.

@Ramahs I feel you and feel others do as well. Most arent for LE but then there are just some pieces that its hard not to like.Woot woot bottoms up my man, love it.

@delicatebunti Thats a hard question to answer and feel thats to each their own. What have you come to yourself? I think other users do start at a lower temp and roll up toward the end of the load. Gotta believe as @Ramahs mentioned draw speed would have something to do with that also that and I feel spinning the stem as you draw as well.

@Engleja Coincidence ya say, hmm. Nice way to do what ya do brother. Thanks for posting up with advise bro, always appreciate others stepping in and sharing their experiences. Really appreciate the kind words bro, you know all to well how I do and thank you for sharing that. Gotta love those detailed bottoms, most dont often post that thanks for starting this.

@LesPlenty Thats what I was thinking too bro, less is more right. Thanks also for stepping in with advise bro.

@Alex3oe Hm 11v would be like 8-9 on the dial, 14v is definitely on the upper end.

@Mako Kupo Hmmm my bad on that btw. Hope you are square now. I would say start low, your units are all the newer upgraded heaters and shouldnt need to start at 12 volts, that would be on the high end and should have to go over that at all really with upgraded heater hope this is helpful to you as well @letter never sent . Good idea bro, be hard to match some of those wood stems you have almost impossible. I have never really had an issue stirring my stem and having dirty filter discs. I hit it, stir it hit it again stir it and hit it again then blow it out am good to go. I pack mine a bit more than most do, usually get 3-5 hits per pack. Wow bro thats a hella recommendation itself from you brother, wow again thanks so much my man. Also dont forget its a great unit for aromatherapy as well. Ohh wow thats a way cool find there the basket screen press, I like that very much. Always giving great advise bro, thanks again.

@alleyhoops Appreciate the insight bro. Rocking the duo hey hey.

@JEMSKU There ya go if that works for you rock it bro, thanks for sharing your experience.

@Tombudster I cant say whether one or the other is right or wrong but can say I dont feel you can go wrong with either as I have all of the Epics units and they are great at what they do. Yes Titanium does not retain the heat as much as SS does and cools much quicker. @letter never sent is correct there is no cap used when doing it with the WS. Load the tip, no cap, place on top of the air path and draw slow and consistently for a solid hit. The filter disc is very tight and doesnt really allow any material down into the unit. As he also said there are some great videos out there being used pls have a look. Did you score that Canary and has it made it there yet? Ah yes I remember your email now. Sorry I couldnt get you right then. The glass stem with no tip allows you to place a conical screen in to your preferred depth. I load it similarly with grind technique as I do the tip but more or less depending on what I am going for.

@GoldenBud Appreciate that bro!

@jardri Thanks for posting up.

@Daprezz I have seen it bro, my guy the WoodScents Ambassador over at IG can do it every time, he is a monster. Thats interesting bro no oring, if it works work it right. Way to go bro, #bottomsup

@gingerbier Appreciate the recommendation, thanks much. Nice #417 thanks.

Who here has swapped out the unit and stem filter discs with SS mesh screens I know some have and have raved about increase air flow and performance.

@Mr. Me2 My man you are correct. I do have some canadian LE pieces I need to turn in the next batch but also have those one of a kind pieces with LE from time to time that peeps can get with me about if thats what they are looking for. Thanks much for the recommendation and stepping up with your post, must grateful.

@Chandler Hello, yes older models can absolutely be sent in for heater upgrade. Get at me if you havent and lets get that ball rolling if you like. I hope all is well and you and yours are safe and healthy.

@Stone as Emma Wow that is a different way of doing things I dont think I have heard of hmm. Oh wow for sure Moroccan Hash in the Moroccan WS, that makes the most sense right woot woot. Firsts rule bro, glad to hear it. Your rig is a for sure show stopper, really love all the eyes in your slammed piece gotta love that lower end.

Gosh yall I gotta get my butt out from under all this work I am buried in and get my display case lighting run and get log collection show case set up. I have a bottom like none other 1 of only 3, the twisted bocote WS collaboration piece done by @phattpiggie its the only WS I have in my collection and one I will treasure forever.

I have been slammed to say the least, got 30 plus WS going out to Sneaky Pete as well as a couple hundred new offerings I am doing fir him as a collaboration with DV that has never been done before that I cant mention details of just yet. Gotta get couple hundred Arizer stems out to another dealer in just as many weeks before I can get back to doing my own work. I am super excited to get back to making WS and hopefully get another version or two of the WS/Vapor Bomb done to get closer to final for release soon. Not to mention I have to work on the 2020 model change which I have somewhat in mind. Yeah I gots plenty to do.

Been doing more and more time with the boys during this epidemic. Ordered 3 tomahawk throwing axes other day, figured that would be a neat way to do self isolation with them and get em off their phones and game consoles as well. Who dont like throwing stuff with sharp metal edges that can cut right. Cant wait tbh I have never done this and am excited to learn and do so with them. Have found a honey hole bass pond on google maps a short walk through the woods where we have gone a few times and caught many. Gotta love hidden honey holes too. We are still shut down here and nothing much is happening. My sons have had about all this not going anywhere they can stand and Im not too far behind them. Would love a night out, gosh there is tacos and enchiladas that need eating. Yeah I know there are curbside pick up but thats just not the same.

Am hoping all is well out there for you all. Have spoken to a couple people here and there that have had the virus and are doing better which is a blessing and am thankful I dont know anyone personally and thankful none of my family has had to deal with it but know there are so many that have and hate that for them and you all who have. All I wish for everyone is that this passes quickly and you all are safe and healthy. Pls pls stay strong stay safe and keep your heads up during this tough tough time.

Sativapo

@Ed's TnT You convinced me I tried harder with a bigger bong straight at 10. 20 min heat sinking with faster draw and a bit of coughing. I can say it's indeed complete extraction in one hit. It's also easier with the half sized bowl. But I prefer it smoother for sure.

Btw nice to have access to woods. In a big city with the parcs closed and restricted to a 1 hour walk 1 km around the house it's less fun...

Last edited:

Stone as Emma

Hi my fellow Woodscentsers (don’t know how this sounds in a native English speaking ear :rofl:)

@Ed’Tnt wow man so many exciting things comin on, can’t wait to see the results :rockon:

Owners of the upgraded heater core WS, can you all share your favorite temps whether it’s on the stock dial or with the VVPS please ? :D

It seems to me that we all use so many different settings so i’m really curious about what’s everyone « temps routine ».

I start with mine using the VVPS :

Between 9,30V (minimum temps on my vvps) & 9,90V for flavour/terps chasing with quality flowers

Between 10V & 10,3V for a more « hitter » feeling with flowers. Vapor production is awesome while still giving awesome flavor on the 1st hit. I never use more than 10,3V cause it tends to ruin the flavor for me with if you draw for too long like 15s.

Between 10,4V & 10,6V for Maroccan dry sift with stainless steel tip on the wood WPA.

That’s it for me :brow:

I look forward to yours ! Thank you in advance.

Love & Light :sherlock:

Top Bottom