Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I like to be jamming while I chill. What a coincidence that the Woodscents runs off of 12v power. Just like my pedalboard.:love:
38-E2791-E-320-F-4-FD5-8-BC9-72-A66-CD378-B3.jpg

@delicatebunting I have the new heater and at 7 I cash a bowl usually in three hits. I use a wp. Flavor is good for me there. Great on the first hit tapering off on the last two.

Last edited:

delicatebunting

Really just depends on your mood/preference IMO. I enjoy both approaches!

@delicatebunting I have the new heater and at 7 I cash a bowl usually in three hits. I use a wp. Flavor is good for me there. Great on the first hit tapering off on the last two.

I always prefer the lower temp, more pulls. My one hit at 10 is noticeably warmer and harsher, and the AVB is dark brown. I'll take anywhere from 4-7 pulls at a ~7.5 (right on the 7, between the hashes). Cloud size will wane towards the end; I try to stop before the flavor gets smokey, the AVB will come out a mix of brown and lighter brown.

I've found anything much below a seven doesn't result in any vapor production and the color doesn't really turn brown, but more of an olive/light-brown mix. I'm not sure if any of this matters.

Should I start at a lower voltage at the beginning of the session then finish at a higher voltage (I do this with my Mighty)?

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@delicatebunting I would look for a temp that you enjoy. Then set it and forget it. I make adjustments, usually very minor, if results change. My results really only change when I switch herbs or add extra oils or wax. My avb color varies too from herb to herb. More oils in the herb seem to give a deeper brown toast while fluffy less potent herb I’ll see more of a yellow/green/brown. I also like to use the 62% broveda packs to make sure humidity is good. Good luck friend and welcome.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Is it better to kill a bowl in 1 hit on a higher voltage (9-10) setting or over 3-5 hits on a lower voltage (6-8)? I'm drawing directly, not through a water piece.

I don't know how you can kill a bowl on one hit.

I use mine on 9.5 normally, and it takes me at least 6 hits...and even then it often takes at least a 2-3 more hits to get the last of the wispy vapor before it stops producing, even with a water piece.

delicatebunting

I use mine on 9.5 normally, and it takes me at least 6 hits...and even then it often takes at least a 2-3 more hits to get the last of the wispy vapor before it stops producing, even with a water piece.

When I put the dial on 10, it goes from green to brown on one long hit. If I do a second hit it's very smoky flavored and the AVB is a very dark brown, almost charred looking color.

delicatebunting,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

My 2018 WS (pre-heater upgrade) can kill a small bowl in one hit, with a big enough pull through water at 10 on the dial. I've done this on the smaller screen settings before. Probably no more than .03g max.

I have a VVPS on the way so I'll be interested to see how much of an impact it makes on the overall experience. I wouldn't mind having a touch more horsepower, and the more precise temp control might be nice.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Wondering once more while reading. My WS is performing a little different. Don't get any vape below 11V. I'm starting at 11.5V, going up to 14V for last 2-3 puffs.

Alex3oe,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Wondering once more while reading. My WS is performing a little different.
The actual voltage readout on these VVPS units can vary from actual voltage quite a bit, a multimeter is needed for exact voltage. My first VVPS was only 0.2v out but my latest is .4v off actual. If you don't have a multimeter just experiment until you are happy with the results.:tup:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
I've 2 digital power adapters, one at the office, one beside our bed and one tattoo power supply in the living room to pair the WS with.

Owning a multimeter, all are delivering accurate power. My WS is working great each day too, so simply my WS seems to be a hungry one :D

Just received my VVPS, and am curious what setting people use? I'm not sure what's safe or even where to start, so am just wondering what others do. Thanks!

Ed recommends starting at 12.5v and adjusting from there to suit your preference. The max voltage with stock power supply is 12v. Never go over 14v as it can damage the heater and voids your warranty. Many users here keep theirs at settings below 12v but just enjoy having more precise control vs. the standard dial.

Mako Kupo

Thanks guys! Just ordered a OmniVap XL Titanium for 20% off, and there is a second concurrent sale that allows you to buy last years Model M for $30 (USD). I'll use them as stems for my WS msotly lol, but I don't like taking my Ws stems on the go with me for portability. They're one of a kind, whereas the metal dynavaps are not. Pretty excited, anyone use a OmniVap for a stem?

Last edited:

JEMSKU

Since everyone else is chiming in...

I keep my 2018 WS at 13.2v almost constantly. Any stem less than half full is hit-stir-hit-dump, through water, leaving very dark brown avb. If I'm sessioning on the direct draw stem with a fuller pack I drop it down to 13.0 just for comfort.

The WS is a microdose machine, it's my fastest, easiest and most enjoyable way to get a quick dose in around my house.

Mako Kupo

Since everyone else is chiming in...

I keep my 2018 WS at 13.2v almost constantly. Any stem less than half full is hit-stir-hit-dump, through water, leaving very dark brown avb. If I'm sessioning on the direct draw stem with a fuller pack I drop it down to 13.0 just for comfort.

The WS is a microdose machine, it's my fastest, easiest and most enjoyable way to get a quick dose in around my house.

Thanks! I always am concerned when I hear people talk about stirring the WS though, it's not like the e nano and does not need to be stirred. In fact, stirring it dirties the screen faster too. Just hit it until it doesnt anymore, than blow it out!

JEMSKU

Thanks! I always am concerned when I hear people talk about stirring the WS though, it's not like the e nano and does not need to be stirred. In fact, stirring it dirties the screen faster too. Just hit it until it doesnt anymore, than blow it out!

Worry not, my stems come out very clean. I have cleared stems with back-to-back hits and no stirring, but a quick stir speeds up the extraction, and speed is what I use the woodscents for!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I hear people talk about stirring the WS though
Stirring is definitely not the norm if you have to stir you are overloading the bowl to start with unless you are after a conduction sesh instead of convection. I never stir, if I am taking the WS off the tip it is getting refilled with a fresh load.:tup:

Tombudster

I just got an E-Nano at the beginning of quarantine, and am looking for another unit to have lying around the apartment. Is the Woodscents an upgrade in comparison to the E-Nano, or should I just buy another E-Nano and pack up on accessories and stems and screens? I love the aesthetic of Ed's log, and it seems to have a bit more performance that can be tweaked out via VVPS and others, but is it worth it to split up the log ownership at all?

Top Bottom