Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@Ed's TnT I just noticed you had replied to my query. Thanks I will pm you shortly.

To the rest of the community, can yall point out all your observed upgrades if possible from the new heater over the old. Is there a discernable difference between the two? ! Also, if I was to send my WS back to Ed for the upgrade, are there other potential 'options' now available that Ed offers that I should consider/request?

Much appreciated

What up @Chandler ! I have the new heater and love it. My understanding is that the new heater just has more power meaning it can reach higher temps. I run my new heater at 7 and can’t find a reason to go higher than that. I get full extraction there in a 2-3 puffs. I’ve heard many say they have the old heater and are very satisfied and feel the upgrade is unnecessary. If I had the old heater my understanding is I would have to run it at ten to get my results with the new heater at 7. I think the old heater left some wondering if they might be missing something and if they could turn it up a bit more to experiment it would be beneficial.

Other than the heater upgrade I’m not sure anything else has changed. You could always have Ed do some custom pieces to make your setup unique.

Again, I just have the new heater. The stuff about the old are things I picked up on when shopping for a Woodscents.

@Ed's TnT Hope you doing ok buddy!

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Not really correct, my old heater will combust just the same as a new one with enough volts, I believe the new heaters extra power will keep the heater at your set temp better when a big hard draw is sucked across it.:2c:
@LesPlenty oh yeah I forgot about the VVPS. I don’t use one. So the new heater keeps up and recovers more efficiently too? Makes sense. I’m pretty happy with the new heater I don’t find the need/want for the VVPS. It sounds like if I had the old heater I would want/need a VVPS. Thanks for clarifying.

solenya

Welcome @solenya. It’s a great vape. I also wanted a spinning mouth piece but was confused. It’s a really nice setup for a log vape. I ultimately contacted Ed and he got me squared away. You would be surprised at how reasonable his custom work is. He made me a Blackwood, carbless, xl length, that tapers to 14mm. I even picked the overall shape. I love it so much I have another ordered in two tone amboyna burl on the way. Again, welcome to the thread and welcome to FC.

A0284-F40-50-E6-4389-B443-544-F928-C5973.jpg
Hey man, thanks so much for that welcome. Its great to be part of this cool community. I remember this piece from when you originally posted it. Looks amazing, i may need to grab one. I got a canarywood myself and will post pics once i can figure out how to do so.

idboehman

fyi underdog restocked their VVPS which is the same as the one Ed sells on his site just with a different sticker. Came out to ~$25 shipped for me, $20 less than Ed is selling for and that's without shipping.

Though I have to say, I've been really enjoying using my WS with the underdog "travel VVPS", been keeping it around "8.5/8.6" and can kill a .02/.03 pack in one nice long hit. Since underdog says the travel VVPS is like an "enhanced dimmer" i hesitate to say 8.5/8.6 volts. But when I get the VVPS in I'll know for sure what I'm hitting at!

idboehman

Good point, I figured it might be more accurate than the "enhanced dimmer"/travel vvps from underdog though I have nothing to base that on, oh well :shrug:

idboehman,

Mako Kupo

is there a thread for the pipescents? can anyone give me any input on eds lovely pipe?
I only used mine twice. I'm not a huge fan or propane vapes to begin with, but that wasn't the problem. Every time I put a new O ring and grease it up, no matter what, the O ring gets wrecked within 2 or 3 bowls. Never have had a single issue with my several WS units, but the pipescent has been slightly troublesome. I think I just need to bore it out like .25mm.

JEMSKU

My VAS life has been complicated by G(lass)AS.

I'm infatuated with the TAG 10" Klein Incycler in Mai Tai. Currently out of stock of course... https://www.thickassglass.com/colle.../tag-10-klein-incycler?variant=32077737918499

But regardless of availability I'm worried that the draw resistance of the woodscents will prevent any sort of recycling function.

Does anyone use a recycler with their woodscents? How is the function? Would hate to wait it out and drop the cash on a recycler only for the bottom perc to be the only functioning part...

Last edited:
JEMSKU,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
What's everone's favorite combo with TI tip, glass tube, and wood stem?
Welcome @vapeape3. Occasionally a DDave stem but pretty much I exclusively use my custom Ed’s TNT carbless xl length stem. I’m not a big fan of the airport/carb on the DynaVap for the Woodscents. 95% of the time I use this stem with my Woodscents dry through a water pipe.

vapeape3

Water - Ti tip with Ed's 14mm glass WPA

Dry - Ti tip with Glass Charlie XL cooling stem

Pretty much exclusively use these configurations. Love em both.
Awesome, that’s the setup I’ve gravitated towards too. Can’t beat that flavor with the glass tubes!

Welcome @vapeape3. Occasionally a DDave stem but pretty much I exclusively use my custom Ed’s TNT carbless xl length stem. I’m not a big fan of the airport/carb on the DynaVap for the Woodscents. 95% of the time I use this stem with my Woodscents dry through a water pipe.
Interesting, do you prefer dry water pipe to keep the pure flavor of the vapor?

Last edited by a moderator:
vapeape3,
Reactions: LesPlenty

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Interesting, do you prefer dry water pipe to keep the pure flavor of the vapor?
For sure it a flavor thing. After one or two sessions I can’t stand the flavor left behind in the water and have to clean the piece. Dry I can go way longer between cleanings. I don’t mind the sweet smell of good vapor reclaim that builds between cleanings. I also feel I minimize a lot of risk by cleaning my glass pieces less.

idboehman

What's everone's favorite combo with TI tip, glass tube, and wood stem?

Since I got it I've been exclusively using the Ti tip with the wood WPA -- wood instead of glass b/c I thought the glass WPA might get hot to the touch over repeated hits but I'll have to actually test it out.

idboehman,

vapeape3

Since I got it I've been exclusively using the Ti tip with the wood WPA -- wood instead of glass b/c I thought the glass WPA might get hot to the touch over repeated hits but I'll have to actually test it out.
I've been using the glass WPA. It definitely heats up toward the top, but you can still grab it by the base to clear the bong.

vapeape3

Last edited:
vapeape3,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Do these types of bowls help with the problem of herb shooting out if you don't clear the tube?
Yep, no blowback problems, just makes any vape easier to use on a bong and I have used Ed's WPA with a bit of cork used to block the hole in it the adapter as the stopper/plug.

LesPlenty,
Top Bottom