Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

GoldenBud

Is the Woodscents an upgrade in comparison to the E-Nano, or should I just buy another E-Nano and pack up on accessories and stems and screens
Yeah, The WS is an upgrade comparing to the E-Nano because the WS heater's cover is titanium, it will never combust your herb even if it touches the herb, comparing to the E-Nano, and you can use any Dynavap stem with it.
also the titanium is considered as a quicker material to get warmed.
With the WS you get Ti tip + Dynavap's cap and few stems, and Wooden WPA too! so it's like 2 vapes in 1 kit.
The Dyna stems/WPA (wooden ones that you'll get) actually will last many years, and not only glass stems as you're getting in the E-Nano kits.
You also get 1 glass stem and 1 wpa (I think)

Last edited:

Tombudster

Yeah, The WS is an upgrade comparing to the E-Nano because the WS heater's cover is titanium, it will never combust your herb even if it touches the herb, comparing to the E-Nano, and you can use any Dynavap stem with it.
also the titanium is considered as a quicker material to get warmed.
With the WS you get Ti tip + Dynavap's cap and few stems, and Wooden WPA too! so it's like 2 vapes in 1 kit.
The Dyna stems/WPA (wooden ones that you'll get) actually will last many years, and not only glass stems as you're getting in the E-Nano kits.
You also get 1 glass stem and 1 wpa (I think)

I didn't know that about the airpath, I do like that compared to the E-Nano. I knew about all the accessories, and how that will factor in, but I'll be honest... I don't think a wooden airpath is good at all, so I'll probably never touch those. Especially after my experience with the Sticky Brick and how hard it was to get it to not smell even after cleaning.

I do like the quicker heat up, but if the herb touches the heater cover, how will it not combust? Does the titanium stay cooler than the SS used in the E-Nano?

I didn't know that about the airpath, I do like that compared to the E-Nano. I knew about all the accessories, and how that will factor in, but I'll be honest... I don't think a wooden airpath is good at all, so I'll probably never touch those. Especially after my experience with the Sticky Brick and how hard it was to get it to not smell even after cleaning.

I do like the quicker heat up, but if the herb touches the heater cover, how will it not combust? Does the titanium stay cooler than the SS used in the E-Nano?

The wood stem it comes with has a SS condenser inside. So it's not a wood airpath. The wood WPA is an all wood path though.

I believe the E-Nano runs a bit hotter than the WS. My WS doesn't come close to combustion even at 10 on the dial. But, I don't have the latest upgraded heater, which I believe can combust at the top end of the range. You can also combust if you turn the voltage up using a VVPS.

If you're going to get a second log, I would highly recommend grabbing a WS. At a minimum, it will add some variety, and I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's a fantastic vaporizer, the best one I've ever owned, and I still marvel at the aesthetics every time I use it.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I have the latest WS model and it can combust even at 9, I use it from 7.5 to 8.5.

About the Enano, I like the Woodscents flavour and density of vapor much more, and the vapor is much smoother in my opinion but the Enano has better airflow and more herb capacity so if you want to take huge rips with a bong, the Enano might suit you better.

In my case, I use a mini bong with the Woodscents because I dont mind inhaling slowly if I can get phat ass clouds out of a pinch. Also, the Enano has alluminium in the airpath which i deeply dislike even if its out of the hot areas.

jardri,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

Sativapo

Completely extract the bowl in one hit ? Either iron lungs or we don't consider the same thing as completely extract ( even dark brown). The best I could do with my 2019 would be 2-3 hits at 10 on the dial through water or at least glass. I only combusted a bit once at 10 while really trying hard.

Sativapo,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@Tombudster I would put Ed’s logs in a higher tier for sure. So yes an upgrade IMO. I don’t own an E-Nano so let me put that out there. I have researched them extensively. From my personal experience, Ed’s customer service is second to none. He is such a pleasure to work with and he wants you to genuinely be happy. I believe I’ve heard the opposite for Epic Vape when it comes to customer service. I put Ed’s vapes more into a gentleman’s/ladies, collectors caliber. I own the new more powerful heater. It’s a powerhouse! The E-Nano would be great for in the shop but my Woodscents stays in the safety of the den. Plus when not in use it’s a piece of art! Good luck friend! If you have questions just ask. The Woodscents people here are awesome.

Tombudster

The wood stem it comes with has a SS condenser inside. So it's not a wood airpath. The wood WPA is an all wood path though.

That may be the best thing I've ever heard. Honestly might be the tipping point for me, I loved but absolutely hated by SBJ due to the all wood airpath.

I have the latest WS model and it can combust even at 9, I use it from 7.5 to 8.5.

About the Enano, I like the Woodscents flavour and density of vapor much more, and the vapor is much smoother in my opinion but the Enano has better airflow and more herb capacity so if you want to take huge rips with a bong, the Enano might suit you better.

In my case, I use a mini bong with the Woodscents because I dont mind inhaling slowly if I can get phat ass clouds out of a pinch. Also, the Enano has alluminium in the airpath which i deeply dislike even if its out of the hot areas.

Good to know. E-Nano has some wispier vapor that I need to take 3-4 rips out of the stem. I do tend to pack a tiny bit more into the stems, but not much. Maybe a full .1-.15. If the woodscents works with that, I'll be more than happy. Keep in mind I will almost always use the glass direct draw stem. There's something about that method that I absolutely love.

gingerbier

Space Ranger
I just got an E-Nano at the beginning of quarantine, and am looking for another unit to have lying around the apartment. Is the Woodscents an upgrade in comparison to the E-Nano, or should I just buy another E-Nano and pack up on accessories and stems and screens? I love the aesthetic of Ed's log, and it seems to have a bit more performance that can be tweaked out via VVPS and others, but is it worth it to split up the log ownership at all?

Get the WoodScents. It's a different kind of log. With the heating element fitting Dynavap products, the stem options are seemingly endless, and it flat out hits harder. I have one of each, and use both regularly. Still, the WS is the favorite.

Tombudster

Get the WoodScents. It's a different kind of log. With the heating element fitting Dynavap products, the stem options are seemingly endless, and it flat out hits harder. I have one of each, and use both regularly. Still, the WS is the favorite.

In a lot of the videos I've seen with the dyna tip, they seem to keep drawing whilst it's on the Woodscents. Does it have to stay on the WS or do you take it off after it clicks?

I feel like the usage is a little different in respects to not letting stuff fall into the heater. When my girlfriend uses the E-Nano she's holding it at a literal 120 degree angle because I have a fear of her getting herb into the heater. Is the WS more wife/girlfriend/stupid friend friendly to use? Under my supervision of course...

@Tombudster there’s no waiting for clicks with the WS. It only uses the Dynavap tip, not the cap. I haven’t had issues with herb falling through the screen. It uses the same screen as a Dynavap. I use a medium grind with my WS, which works well.

Sneaky Pete and Troy from 420vapezone both have great video reviews of the WS. Check their respective websites for those.

Mako Kupo

As an owner of 4 e nanos and 4 WS, I have to say the WS is a clear winner in every regard. Better efficiency, better woodworking not to mention WAY more options with the WS. It's both a desktop and a portable with everything included to do so. It uses about 1/2 as much herb as E nano, tastes better, and lasts longer. The biggest plus for me vs E Nano is not having to stir my WS stems EVER. It is SO nice to not have to stir, to the point I can't even imagine using my e nanos again. They will likely be gifts in the future, while I keep my original with it being my first not only log vape, but my first EVER vape. Not havign to stir also means you go through less screens, potentially using only one screen per stem - ever.

It's just a better option.

As an owner of 4 e nanos and 4 WS, I have to say the WS is a clear winner in every regard. Better efficiency, better woodworking not to mention WAY more options with the WS. It's both a desktop and a portable with everything included to do so. It uses about 1/2 as much herb as E nano, tastes better, and lasts longer. The biggest plus for me vs E Nano is not having to stir my WS stems EVER. It is SO nice to not have to stir, to the point I can't even imagine using my e nanos again. They will likely be gifts in the future, while I keep my original with it being my first not only log vape, but my first EVER vape. Not havign to stir also means you go through less screens, potentially using only one screen per stem - ever.

It's just a better option.
The screens are what makes it difficultband they are expensive. It is a great vape though, but yeah, the WS is the clear winner. I would go through so much herb with the E-Nano and still it wouldn't fully toast evenly. I use so little herb now and it fucks me up even more.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@Tombudster you won’t regret it. Here is a shot of the Woodscents looking down the heater.
A8-C71604-46-EE-4-BEE-BDA8-3-B0-D21-BE0694.jpg

Mr. Me2

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a Canarywood tonight. I really wanted that Applewood live edge, but it's sold out. Let's hope it's still in stock later on, because the Walnut sure isn't!
@Tombudster - all of Ed’s pieces are handmade. If you want a live edge, I suggest you pm him. Maybe he’ll hook you up. But every piece is a work of art. If you see something on his site you love, grab it! Because once it’s gone, it’s gone. He may replace it with the same type of wood, but each piece has its own characteristics.

@Ed’s TnT, please correct me if I’m wrong here.

Tombudster

@Tombudster - all of Ed’s pieces are handmade. If you want a live edge, I suggest you pm him. Maybe he’ll hook you up. But every piece is a work of art. If you see something on his site you love, grab it! Because once it’s gone, it’s gone. He may replace it with the same type of wood, but each piece has its own characteristics.

@Ed’s TnT, please correct me if I’m wrong here.

I actually did e-mail him last night. Awesome guy, reply back within an hour or two, and this was at 5 PM. Woke up from my post WFH nap to see his e-mail :) The applewood log is amazing, but not to be apparently.

One last question, what is the maximum bowl size in the glass stem? I see people complaining about draw restriction, and that's sort of what I like about my E-Nano. Very open and flowy. Does the diameter of the glass straw being 4 mm smaller on the WS make that much of a difference?

Mako Kupo

@Tombudster there’s no waiting for clicks with the WS. It only uses the Dynavap tip, not the cap. I haven’t had issues with herb falling through the screen. It uses the same screen as a Dynavap. I use a medium grind with my WS, which works well.

Sneaky Pete and Troy from 420vapezone both have great video reviews of the WS. Check their respective websites for those.

I actually did e-mail him last night. Awesome guy, reply back within an hour or two, and this was at 5 PM. Woke up from my post WFH nap to see his e-mail :) The applewood log is amazing, but not to be apparently.

One last question, what is the maximum bowl size in the glass stem? I see people complaining about draw restriction, and that's sort of what I like about my E-Nano. Very open and flowy. Does the diameter of the glass straw being 4 mm smaller on the WS make that much of a difference?

The glass is way better with airflow for sure. I prefer the dyna stems though for efficiency, even if it is hard to hit sometimes. If I want better airflow (usually happens around 5PM) I just bust out the Volcano Hybrid and a bag(newly purchased, amaaaazing).

Each stem is cheap enough to try them all, so have fun with it!

I got my VVPS last night and tested it out. Nice to have the extra temp control. Also nice having the option to crank the voltage up a bit. Experimented in the 12.5-13.0 range and was milking up my bubbler effortlessly. I was getting one hit extraction with ~0.025 in the bowl.

Man, this vape is so versatile. Really feels like an endgame unit to me. I can’t imagine a better option for my personal style.

Last edited:

Sativapo

The glass is way better with airflow for sure. I prefer the dyna stems though for efficiency, even if it is hard to hit sometimes. If I want better airflow (usually happens around 5PM) I just bust out the Volcano Hybrid and a bag(newly purchased, amaaaazing).

Each stem is cheap enough to try them all, so have fun with it!
The ddave screens help for airflow too. Clean + Ddave screen + medium packing gives pretty good airflow. Also microdosing with reduced chamber. The glass stem is even better but doesn't sit on heater easily between 2 hits. Never found the right use of the o-ring I use it without, firmly against the heater for a good seal.

Sativapo,

Mako Kupo

The ddave screens help for airflow too. Clean + Ddave screen + medium packing gives pretty good airflow. Also microdosing with reduced chamber. The glass stem is even better but doesn't sit on heater easily between 2 hits. Never found the right use of the o-ring I use it without, firmly against the heater for a good seal.

Do you use the mesh screens for flower or concentrates? I'm ordering every accessory for every vape I own at the moment lol. I don;t use concentrates though so they wold be useless to me if that's the case.
\
also look what I found for making your own screens!
https://delta3dstudios.com/basket-screen-press-bp380/

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
I'm prefering glass bowl and stem over the Dynavap combos. Better airflow and taste imho and easier to clean. For me it feels even a little bit more effective. Downside is the handling, you need two hands mostly.

Only using Dynavaps for one hand j-hook mode or hands free whip tube mode :)

Mako Kupo

I'm prefering glass bowl and stem over the Dynavap combos. Better airflow and taste imho and easier to clean. For me it feels even a little bit more effective. Downside is the handling, you need two hands mostly.

Only using Dynavaps for one hand j-hook mode or hands free whip tube mode :)

Interesting, Ive used my Dynatipped stems heavy heavy(like 20 bowls/day or more) for over 3 months, the same stem and same screen every single day. I have yet to need to clean it, looking down the stem the screen is perfectly clear from residue and debris.

Top Bottom