jasp3r

Instead of having deeper bowls, we need bowls instead with larger surface area (circumference). I love my log vape by epicvape, other than it cracking, but moved on to others in search for that heavy hitter. This XL could finally fill that void.
totally agree. I love and cherish my Burl enano but I have had less fancy wood ones crack several times. The metal on wood contact is just a recipe for a disaster. Notice how they are the only log with hot metal making 360 degree contact with the wood.

Was hoping they would address this in the redesign

Arawfish

Green Thumb
totally agree. I love and cherish my Burl enano but I have had less fancy wood ones crack several times. The metal on wood contact is just a recipe for a disaster. Notice how they are the only log with hot metal making 360 degree contact with the wood.

Was hoping they would address this in the redesign
I wish it would have been addressed too. Luckily my walnut hasn’t cracked in the year that I’ve had it but it’s still a concern. I re-oil it twice a month to attempt to mitigate the chance of a crack.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I wish it would have been addressed too. Luckily my walnut hasn’t cracked in the year that I’ve had it but it’s still a concern. I re-oil it twice a month to attempt to mitigate the chance of a crack.
What type of usage generally leads to cracking, leaving the units on 24/7? Vaping at higher voltages? Or can it just happen in any usage scenario? Fortunately I have not had any issues with any of my wood vapes or accessories cracking so far. I condition them when they look dry, but no regular conditioning schedule. We do run a whole house humidifier during the months that require it, and a dehumidifier when needed as well, so the humidity in the house tends to stay in the normal range. Maybe that helps, idk. So far my cherry nano looks as good as the day I received it (I’m really jonesing for an exotic or a standout burl, looking right at you @ACE OF VAPE 😬).

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
What type of usage generally leads to cracking, leaving the units on 24/7? Vaping at higher voltages? Or can it just happen in any usage scenario? Fortunately I have not had any issues with any of my wood vapes or accessories cracking so far. I condition them when they look dry, but no regular conditioning schedule. We do run a whole house humidifier during the months that require it, and a dehumidifier when needed as well, so the humidity in the house tends to stay in the normal range. Maybe that helps, idk. So far my cherry nano looks as good as the day I received it (I’m really jonesing for an exotic or a standout burl, looking right at you @ACE OF VAPE 😬).

This has been brought up many times in the past and, unless I missed some info, I don't think it has been attibuted to any particular usage. Sometimes they just crack, particularly along the seam of a wood grain. I have heard that if they are going to crack it often happens in the first few months. Also, it's been noticed that the issue is more common in the models that have a straight wood grain pattern as opposed to grains like burl or others with a whirled grain pattern.

Pete

This has been brought up many times in the past and, unless I missed some info, I don't think it has been attibuted to any particular usage. Sometimes they just crack, particularly along the seam of a wood grain. I have heard that if they are going to crack it often happens in the first few months. Also, it's been noticed that the issue is more common in the models that have a straight wood grain pattern as opposed to grains like burl or others with a whirled grain pattern.

I've wondered if some woods work better for this than others. I've had the standard maple Enano since early 2016. So almost 6 years old. I've conditioned the wood with beeswax twice in that time. I leave it on 6-8 hours a day with occasional heat-ups at other times. Looks new, absolutely no cracking.

So maybe it's just the luck of the grain. Or it might be maple is a better choice.

tokenknifeguy

I'm not sure exactly how long I've had mine, but I would say it was over a year at least before it actually cracked. Also mine cracked right next to the cord plug in, and it cracked in an almost straight vertical line. I have the walnut, and the crack actually has no effect on the performance. It also gave off a loud pop when it happened. I also never intentionally leave my unit on when I go to bed, so I usually cut it on and off everyday unless I forget.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
And of course, today of all days my Enano has decided to break. I’m unsure how or at what point today it happened but the temp controller is either full blast or nothing, I can tell be because the LED is at full intensity while at 1 and there is no change when I turn it to 10. Very odd.

Combusted like 10 bowls in a row trying to decipher what was going on.

I’ve emailed Andy but I know it could take him quite some time to respond. Is anyone here familiar with this issue?

BabyFacedFinster

And of course, today of all days my Enano has decided to break. I’m unsure how or at what point today it happened but the temp controller is either full blast or nothing, I can tell be because the LED is at full intensity while at 1 and there is no change when I turn it to 10. Very odd.

Combusted like 10 bowls in a row trying to decipher what was going on.

I’ve emailed Andy but I know it could take him quite some time to respond. Is anyone here familiar with this issue?
When folks buy a new nano and ask what accessories they should get, I have always recommended a spare power cord. A lot of times the issue is a fail in the cord rather than the nano itself, which may very well be the case with yours.
Depending on your situation, buying a spare cord might be the fastest way to sort out the issue. If it isn't the cord then you may need to send it in for repair.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
When folks buy a new nano and ask what accessories they should get, I have always recommended a spare power cord. A lot of times the issue is a fail in the cord rather than the nano itself, which might be the case with yours.
Depending on your situation, buying a spare cord might be the fastest way to sort out the issue. If it isn't the cord then you may need to send it in for repair.
Damn. And I don’t even have the cheap dimmer either. I figured going with the wooden one I would have less chance of this exact thing happening.

BabyFacedFinster

Damn. And I don’t even have the cheap dimmer either. I figured going with the wooden one I would have less chance of this exact thing happening.
Sorry to hear.
Advice is cheap, but having a $20 basic cord sent out could be the fastest way to get yourself running again. At minimum, you would still have it as a backup for the future. The nano itself is basically just the heater. All the temp and power regulation is in the cord AFAIK.

robm321

I've been thinking about oiling mine for the same reason.

What kind of oil do you use?

davesmith

Glass Blower
Without wanting to jinx myself ive had my nano for a long time (its a cherry and one of the first style with the built in power cord) and ive no cracks etc.

To be honest as long as the wood held and it didn't effect functionality I wouldn't mind cracks. Battle scars type of thing.

As for the basket screens on the new xl model why would they be needed? I've always found the herb sits pretty well in the stem in my mind I can see a couple extra mm making any difference, maybe a little extra tamp. Maybe I'm missing something.

MagicMan

Vape Noob
XL VS. OG E-Nano stem.
Because of the larger diameter bowl size, the XL uses a basket screen similar to the Arizer to keep snacks from falling into the heater.

I guess I use my adjustable stem screens to stop myself from sucking in all of the snacks, with the open part towards the heater, leaning my nano up slightly with the stem down. Am I doing this wrong or what?

Based on my research, it's personal preference

Again, I will take this opportunity to again echo what others have recently said. If you're reasonable, the upkeep and maintenance on these stems is stupid easy. I take my ice stem apart, but drop it into some iso for 30-45m and it's ready to roll. Just need a quick rinse and dry...

Stem in a ziplock sammie bag with iso, and the balls and screen in a small glass dish with iso.

howie105

I guess I use my adjustable stem screens to stop myself from sucking in all of the snacks, with the open part towards the heater, leaning my nano up slightly with the stem down. Am I doing this wrong or what?

Based on my research, it's personal preference

Again, I will take this opportunity to again echo what others have recently said. If you're reasonable, the upkeep and maintenance on these stems is stupid easy. I take my ice stem apart, but drop it into some iso for 30-45m and it's ready to roll. Just need a quick rinse and dry...

Stem in a ziplock sammie bag with iso, and the balls and screen in a small glass dish with iso.
Your research is correct "it's personal preference", or in a crazy world there are very few wrong ways to use one's Nano.

howie105,
Reactions: BigJr48

davesmith

Glass Blower
Have to say I basically do 0 maintenance of my nano or stems. The only time is after its 100th drop off the counter I had to open it up and re seat the led. The stems get an occasional clean, definitely not often enough haha

davesmith,
Reactions: Driver 8

Finessseee

I’ve been F5ing this thread and the epic vape website everyday for weeks now.. can’t wait for the XL release!

Finessseee,
Reactions: dutz3013
Top Bottom