• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

tokenknifeguy

I like the size as it is. Any bigger would be a negative and accomplishes nothing.
Actually the current size is a negative and a larger heater with a larger bowl would accomplish a whole lot more.

What would this allow you to do that you can't do with an e-nano today?
A larger circumference bowl would allow for bigger hits with less stirring. Yes I can pack larger bowls with the adjustable screen, but I still have to stir about after every hit and the extra fine screen gets clogged up way to easily from this. The hits are also less flavorful this way, as the herb on top usually always browns up first, which will be there in every taste, and another reason for stirring. The glass screen is just a one hitter and I usually use the adjustable screen stems as a two hitter. Take a hit, stir the weed to put the brown weed at the bottom, then take another hit to finish it off. Nothing wrong with that but some of us vapers don't have such a low tolerance and would like a bigger version.

Hmm, I have a few N.O.S. EV-2's laying around that I could be tempted to sell?
What is a NOS ev2? Any pics of it?

howie105

Ah, I missed that on their site. I'll do that tomorrow, thanks.

That also wasn't a good first post, so I just want to say I've used my e-nano exclusively for almost 2 years now and love this thing. I've been using a 14mm glass filter adapter, but all my bongs are 18mm so I ordered a 18mm just to get rid of that extra piece of glass. I also requested a bigger bowl as that's really my only complaint. It'd be nice to get at least 2x the amount of hits from a pack, but I know that's possible with the e-nano. I guess I can always try one with a steel screen, but I really like the glass filters.

I understand your observations and the limitations of the E-Nano design, that Is why I am so happy to have access to ELEV8/7th Floor corded vapes. They have similar analog controls, rod heaters and mostly glass air path but with significantly larger capacity, 3X, in my case. Downsides, I still stir, it takes more load management to do the .1 g E-Nano size loads and in comparison to the E-Nano they eat up lots of desk space. Being a path of the least resistance type of guy, I went with the easiest solution to the E-Nano design limits by feeding my VAS.

ray_

Actually the current size is a negative and a larger heater with a larger bowl would accomplish a whole lot more.

A larger circumference bowl would allow for bigger hits with less stirring. Yes I can pack larger bowls with the adjustable screen, but I still have to stir about after every hit and the extra fine screen gets clogged up way to easily from this. The hits are also less flavorful this way, as the herb on top usually always browns up first, which will be there in every taste, and another reason for stirring. The glass screen is just a one hitter and I usually use the adjustable screen stems as a two hitter. Take a hit, stir the weed to put the brown weed at the bottom, then take another hit to finish it off. Nothing wrong with that but some of us vapers don't have such a low tolerance and would like a bigger version.
I'll have to disagree with you. I think the current size is perfect for full extraction of a tiny load in one hit and that's primarily how I use it. If my tolerance was higher and I wanted more I'd get one of the desktop vaporizers more suited to that use (flowerpot, elevator, herborizer, etc.) rather than trying to use the e-nano for something it's really not the best at doing.

robm321

What is a NOS ev2? Any pics of it?

Like Ray, I'm going to have to disagree with you too. It's size and efficiency is perfect for how I use it. If you're a cloud chaser, a Volcano might fit your use case better.

My 19mm adapter with a glass filter and a bigger bowl showed up yesterday. I wasn't expecting it to be so much shorter than the 14mm I had. It's short enough that if I try to grab the adapter with my index finger and thumb, the thickness of my thumb will make the e-nano slide off the stem. There's not enough room between the e-nano and the top of my bong to grab it. I've just had to figure out a different way to pull the adapter off when the e-nano is on top of it. I'll get used to it, it was just unexpected. I use a mobius matrix too which has a 18mm hole, so it's kinda surprising how deep the 19mm adapter sits inside it. If this really ends up bothering me I'll just see if I can find a 18mm extension or something like that.

Now for what really matters...I've been using a 14mm adapter with a glass filter and standard bowl size since I think about september 2019. The bigger bowl on the 19mm I just got works so much better for me though. With the 19mm I'm packing as much into it as I was with my 14mm, but since it's just a tad deeper the pack doesn't get compressed enough to affect airflow as much. I've been packing the 14mm probably a little more than I should have been, but I like to get 2-3 good hits from each pack. I also feel like the hits taste better now or there's more flavor. I didn't have to adjust the temp from what I've been using either. All the material is still getting a nice brown to it after my 2nd or 3rd hit. Stirring is also a little easier, it doesn't spill as much. Mostly I just like that I can pack the amount I like to pack now and the hits are easier since the bud sits looser.

I had the same experience, only using 19mm glass for everything now. You also have to lower temps when you use 14mm or you will combust.
I don't like metal filters so I figured I'd try this first. They mentioned to me that the 19mm had a bigger bowl than the 14mm to begin with. I didn't know that, but I had already placed my order and requested a bigger bowl for the 19mm. I think they might have made it even deeper than their regular 19mms though.

I just really like how the glass filter stays in place, I never have to worry about it moving around when I'm stirring it, it never has to be replaced, and it never really needs cleaning. The holes get clogged every once in a while, but I have a small allen key that fits the holes perfectly, so I just push out the material with the allen key and then blow it out. The metal filters just seem like they come with more maintenance than I'm willing to do. I like how this thing never really needs to be taken care of. Eventually I scrape out the reclaim from the adapter, but that's all the cleaning that's required.

howie105

I don't like metal filters so I figured I'd try this first. They mentioned to me that the 19mm had a bigger bowl than the 14mm to begin with. I didn't know that, but I had already placed my order and requested a bigger bowl for the 19mm. I think they might have made it even deeper than their regular 19mms though.

I just really like how the glass filter stays in place, I never have to worry about it moving around when I'm stirring it, it never has to be replaced, and it never really needs cleaning. The holes get clogged every once in a while, but I have a small allen key that fits the holes perfectly, so I just push out the material with the allen key and then blow it out. The metal filters just seem like they come with more maintenance than I'm willing to do. I like how this thing never really needs to be taken care of. Eventually I scrape out the reclaim from the adapter, but that's all the cleaning that's required.

Mind if I ask what the distance is between the top of the screen to the rim of the oven, and are you talking about a stem or a WPA? Thank you for the information.

Mind if I ask what the distance is between the top of the screen to the rim of the oven, and are you talking about a stem or a WPA? Thank you for the information.
I've pretty much only ever used a WPA with my e-nano. I ordered a 14mm WPA to arrive with my e-nano when I ordered that a couple years ago and I've only used the stem maybe once or twice.

I'm at work right now, so I'll do this later, but I'll take a picture of my 14mm and 19mm side by side so you can see the difference in the bowl depth.

It's not a huge difference. The bigger bowl is bigger by the thickness of the glass filter. It's enough of a difference that I can pack the same amount I liked to use with my smaller bowl, but when I set the e-nano on top of it it doesn't compress it down too much. I've always packed it as much as I can.

howie105

It's not a huge difference. The bigger bowl is bigger by the thickness of the glass filter. It's enough of a difference that I can pack the same amount I liked to use with my smaller bowl, but when I set the e-nano on top of it it doesn't compress it down too much. I've always packed it as much as I can.

Thanks, in my situation, adding an additional 1/8" more bud over the stock pick set load adds .04 g to the load size in both my 18.8 and 14.4 WPAs.

GetLeft

Everyone comes to their vapes with different backgrounds and different styles. Early on I used the nano with more material than I needed to. I had good reasons to: stealth requirements and limited opportunities to load and unload required me to do a little overstocking on the front end. Over time, it became clear that the nano is best suited to lighter loads. A good go or two is all. Less is more as the nano cliche goes. It's the kind of vape that works best when you use it the way it wants you to :tup:

Everyone comes to their vapes with different backgrounds and different styles. Early on I used the nano with more material than I needed to. I had good reasons to: stealth requirements and limited opportunities to load and unload required me to do a little overstocking on the front end. Over time, it became clear that the nano is best suited to lighter loads. A good go or two is all. Less is more as the nano cliche goes. It's the kind of vape that works best when you use it the way it wants you to :tup:
Yea, I'm tryin to break that habit of packing it too much, but I think the bigger bowl will make that a little easier. The draw resistance is just too much if you pack it too much, and that's not enjoyable. My first vape was a pax and the draw resistance on those things is insane, I hate it.

Here's something that's not talked about enough and needs more awareness...smart plugs. Anyone else using one of these? I got one that was only like 8 bucks on amazon and it's been reliable for the last year and a half. I haven't touched the e-nano's dial in a long time now, I've even got it wrapped in a medical wrap so I can't accidentally change the temp. The smart plug connects to your wifi and with an app you can turn the plug itself on or off which then obviously turns the e-nano on or off. Since it's all done through the internet you don't even have to be home to turn it on/off. More than that though the app for the one I got lets you set a schedule. I've got it set up so it turns on automatically at 4:50pm every weekday. When I get home at 5:10 it's ready to go and warmed up plenty. Then at the end of the day it turns itself off at 12:10. I have different times set up for the weekend to match my usual schedule too.

It throws me off on holidays when I'd normally have to work. I'll pack my bowl and then grab the e-nano and it's stone cold, then it reminds me I have to turn it on myself for once. I've had it automated for so long now I don't even think about it.

This also makes me think of how many hours my e-nano has been running...7 hours straight every weekday, about 16 hours on the weekends...since I bought it basically. It's cracked, but it's never given me any problems and the temp has been consistent the whole time. I figured out 6.5 works well when I first got it and today I'm still at 6.5.

Glorg

I’m not a fan of the glass filter too much debris gets through imo. I just want 10mm adj gongs and long dimple stems, beads are annoying to clean in comparison. Honestly I find the Enano pretty perfect for what I want all around, it’s just the bowls that could be expanded on more. When I want bigger vape smacks I’ll grab a elev8r.

Glorg,
Reactions: arb

ray_

Here's something that's not talked about enough and needs more awareness...smart plugs. Anyone else using one of these? I got one that was only like 8 bucks on amazon and it's been reliable for the last year and a half. I haven't touched the e-nano's dial in a long time now, I've even got it wrapped in a medical wrap so I can't accidentally change the temp. The smart plug connects to your wifi and with an app you can turn the plug itself on or off which then obviously turns the e-nano on or off. Since it's all done through the internet you don't even have to be home to turn it on/off. More than that though the app for the one I got lets you set a schedule. I've got it set up so it turns on automatically at 4:50pm every weekday. When I get home at 5:10 it's ready to go and warmed up plenty. Then at the end of the day it turns itself off at 12:10. I have different times set up for the weekend to match my usual schedule too.

It throws me off on holidays when I'd normally have to work. I'll pack my bowl and then grab the e-nano and it's stone cold, then it reminds me I have to turn it on myself for once. I've had it automated for so long now I don't even think about it.

This also makes me think of how many hours my e-nano has been running...7 hours straight every weekday, about 16 hours on the weekends...since I bought it basically. It's cracked, but it's never given me any problems and the temp has been consistent the whole time. I figured out 6.5 works well when I first got it and today I'm still at 6.5.
I have an echo and a wi-fi switch for a light. I need another one now. "Alexa, get me high".

Top Bottom