SniperGuy

Also seeing posts where emails are not returned, so I am pretty convinced I got scammed out of 200 bucks!

I doubt they're scamming you and that should be under warranty. But they do seem to be slow at emails from the many reports in here. It's only like two people which is understandable, but I wish they'd be a bit faster or hire someone else.

SniperGuy,
I doubt they're scamming you and that should be under warranty. But they do seem to be slow at emails from the many reports in here. It's only like two people which is understandable, but I wish they'd be a bit faster or hire someone else.
Its a shame thing was saving me hella on consumption and try to use it today woop light turns on yet doesn't heat up

Last edited:
Bradymyers2,

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
Its a shame thing was saving me hella on consumption and try to use it today woop light turns on yet doesn't heat up, guess the jokes on me
Could just be your cable. A PlayStation cable will work as a test if u have one.

Also, I have returned an enano because of a crack in the wood and was able to get a replacement fairly easily.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Bradymyers2 that can happen sometimes with any vaporizer you buy. I see it more so with portables. Looks like you need to get a shipping label to send it back on Epicvape's dime. Remember to be nice here on FC.

Probably good to buy an extra cable from the get go, so that can be ruled out. It's handy to have two.

Last edited:
@Bradymyers2 that can happen sometimes with any vaporizer you buy. I see it more so with portables. Looks like you need to get a Shipping label to send it back on Epicvape's dime. Remember to be nice here on FC.
My apologies for my tone, but we shall see, I'll post an update after they return my email and the issue is dealt with

Will have to resort to my pax 2, and that thing is a herb-hog or just my old bowl I guess

Bradymyers2,
Reactions: ataxian

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
My apologies for my tone, but we shall see, I'll post an update after they return my email and the issue is dealt with

That would be a good idea. You can report a complaint but you have to do it with respect. We do not allow you to call a longtime well-respected manufacturer a scammer. Failures happen. You haven't even waited to see what @ACE OF VAPE has to say. Further posts from you about this will earn you a warning point, unless you are reporting a new development.

hafalump

Some one needs to chill. You didn't get scammed. It's under warranty. Be a grown up, and go through the process of replacing it. There are 652 paages on this thread, and yet He's still in business, that's one successful scam.
Shit happens,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Some one needs to chill. You didn't get scammed. It's under warranty. Be a grown up, and go through the process of replacing it. There are 652 paages on this thread, and yet He's still in business, that's one successful scam.
Shit happens, how to handle the tough stuff?

This is to everyone. Please leave the moderating to moderators. Don't respond to rule breaking, report it. Thanks for your cooperation.

thx1138

l9GzuP0.jpg

Exotic Walnut Wednesday of the Week. Lightning in a Vape.
This beauty is going to go well with my fiddleback maple nano!

I didn't order screens with my initial order and felt surely I could improvise a proper one myself rather than pay $1 a piece and wait for shipping. Aerators and the other mesh I had on hand were too thick.

I picked up a retail package of screens in 5 packs cheap and managed to make them work very well. To shape them I center them up on a precision screwdriver and press them to shape, a 5/16" dowel works great too. Anyways not every single ones a winner but given the 5 packs are usually .50 at your (mine anyways) LHS I consider it a non issue.

993f198165.jpg
Here's the one I made, a standard for reference and the unformed screen and package. Anyways thought I'd share, I'm sure the same technique would work on other vapes as well.

Tried out some concentrate pads in the nano (cut down volcano pads) works great. I keep the temp around 7.25 and just stretch it out, which is great because concentrate is scarce out here.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I didn't order screens with my initial order and felt surely I could improvise a proper one myself rather than pay $1 a piece and wait for shipping. Aerators and the other mesh I had on hand were too thick.

I picked up a retail package of screens in 5 packs cheap and managed to make them work very well. To shape them I center them up on a precision screwdriver and press them to shape, a 5/16" dowel works great too. Anyways not every single ones a winner but given the 5 packs are usually .50 at your (mine anyways) LHS I consider it a non issue.

993f198165.jpg
Here's the one I made, a standard for reference and the unformed screen and package. Anyways thought I'd share, I'm sure the same technique would work on other vapes as well.

Tried out some concentrate pads in the nano (cut down volcano pads) works great. I keep the temp around 7.25 and just stretch it out, which is great because concentrate is scarce out here.

Not too bad for shaped by hand. Think there are still a few pointers way back in this thread for other methods that may be easier, too. But, this should serve as a lesson for you and others.

Just buy an extra 5 screens when you get your nano - or any other accessory purchases. Yeah... they're almost a whole $1 each, but they last a good long time. 5 + the 1 you get with your nano ought to last even the most vaping vapers at least a year if you take care of them. I'd have to think it probably takes about 10-15 minutes to diddle with each to make it work, and they probably won't set as well as Epic's in your glass. So, you're saving $4.40 (4.90 for Epic screen 5 pack - $0.50 for these), only getting 4 decent ones (with "every one not being a winner") and taking the better part of an hour to do 4.

I dunno..... Maybe some folks like playing with metal with pointy edges with their fingers, but that ain't me. Then again, I'm so rich and crazy with my cash that I think its silly to worry about $1 for a screen that will last a few months in the face of the cost of a vape and what meds run me. What else are you gonna spend that $1 on that you can't pony up $5 for 5?

In other words.... what the fuck? They're only a buck! ;)

The Stranger

Account Closed
When I first got my Nano it came with a defective stem. With the new stem they sent me a pack of screens and I must say, I'm so glad I got that defective stem. Whether you buy more or make more, having extra screens is almost a must. Next is an extra - extra stem and the oil bowl!

The Stranger,
Not too bad for shaped by hand. Think there are still a few pointers way back in this thread for other methods that may be easier, too. But, this should serve as a lesson for you and others.

Just buy an extra 5 screens when you get your nano - or any other accessory purchases. Yeah... they're almost a whole $1 each, but they last a good long time. 5 + the 1 you get with your nano ought to last even the most vaping vapers at least a year if you take care of them. I'd have to think it probably takes about 10-15 minutes to diddle with each to make it work, and they probably won't set as well as Epic's in your glass. So, you're saving $4.40 (4.90 for Epic screen 5 pack - $0.50 for these), only getting 4 decent ones (with "every one not being a winner") and taking the better part of an hour to do 4.

I dunno..... Maybe some folks like playing with metal with pointy edges with their fingers, but that ain't me. Then again, I'm so rich and crazy with my cash that I think its silly to worry about $1 for a screen that will last a few months in the face of the cost of a vape and what meds run me. What else are you gonna spend that $1 on that you can't pony up $5 for 5?

In other words.... what the fuck? They're only a buck! ;)

I don't appreciate any of the implications. Forming a screen takes 30 seconds tops and with either of the items mentioned it fits perfectly. In fact I only made one because the one in my 14mm gong let in particulate! I also managed to turn out 5 of them with no boo boo's!!!!

There's a difference between being destitute
Then again, I'm so rich and crazy with my cash that I think its silly to worry about $1 for a screen
stupid
But, this should serve as a lesson for you and others.
and resourceful.

I mentioned I bought a retail package of the screens, I received 100x5 screen packages for $4.99 (eBay). The .50 was only a reference to their general retail at a LHS. I literally paid .1 a piece. Rather than buy 10 different types of screens for each of my vaporizers I found some I can cut or shape to fit ALL of them. I was merely sharing an effective diy method for those who are apt to do so, we've got a lot of DIY'ers and tinkerers here. My intention was NOT to rob EV of sales!

add5a963a3.jpg

I'm making my own stand soon as well, I'll be sure to gear up for the implications that I'm too stupid and poor to of bought a nano stando instead before posting. I wasn't ready for it this time. Thanks

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I don't appreciate any of the implications. Forming a screen takes 30 seconds tops and with either of the items mentioned it fits perfectly. In fact I only made one because the one in my 14mm gong let in particulate! I also managed to turn out 5 of them with no boo boo's!!!!

There's a difference between being destitute stupid and resourceful.

I mentioned I bought a retail package of the screens, I received 100x5 screen packages for $4.99 (eBay). The .50 was only a reference to their general retail at a LHS. I literally paid .1 a piece. Rather than buy 10 different types of screens for each of my vaporizers I found some I can cut or shape to fit ALL of them. I was merely sharing an effective diy method for those who are apt to do so, we've got a lot of DIY'ers and tinkerers here. My intention was NOT to rob EV of sales!

add5a963a3.jpg

I'm making my own stand soon as well, I'll be sure to gear up for the implications that I'm too stupid and poor to of bought a nano stando instead before posting. I wasn't ready for it this time. Thanks

I think you're reading too much into @flotntoke's post. Even if he intended to insult you, your response is inappropriate because you are escalating any antagonism. If you feel you have to make such a comment, please use a PM.

thx1138

Maybe some kind of punch press?
I need to scan the hardware store and see what I come up with. Some kind of pliers with a mod - a nub on one side and a cup for it to go into on the other - then, with a screen in the cup, press together.
Theres got to be an easy tool mod.
Just thinking cuz I do go through alot of screens in all of my gear.

There's a difference between being destitute stupid and resourceful.

add5a963a3.jpg

I'd rather make my own too.
Edit: I just brainlessly double posted and apologize.

thx1138,
Reactions: nondarb

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Maybe some kind of punch press?
I need to scan the hardware store and see what I come up with. Some kind of pliers with a mod - a nub on one side and a cup for it to go into on the other - then, with a screen in the cup, press together.
Theres got to be an easy tool mod.
Just thinking cuz I do go through alot of screens in all of my gear.

I'd rather make my own too.
Edit: I just brainlessly double posted and apologize.
I make screen baskets by ramming them with a 3/8" drill bit into a plank of wood with a 13/32" hole.:2c:

Edit to add: I actually just use the same 13/32" drill bit to ream the screen. As luck would have it, the "chuck" side of the drill bit (for most larger bits) is 3/8". Just wrap a towel around the sharp drill bit before reaming unless you want your fingers sliced to bits.

:peace:

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Originally when I bought my Enano I bought 10 extra screens and haven't needed to use them. When I clean my stems I just leave the screens attached. I use ISO in the plastic tube that the stems originally come in and fill half full and give it a shake. I leave it for a couple days then rinse with hot water. Screens and stem come out clean.

I've had my Enanos for almost a year. The screens from Epicvape seem more durable than my stock solo screens that I have. No fraying or holes that I can tell. I usually rotate 3 stems.

@nondarb you have a lifetime of Nano screens.:lol: I hope they're as durable as the Epic screens. Keep us posted.

Edit
My plastic tube is getting cracked and brittle too. I have a couple enanos stems I haven't used yet, so I have a couple extra. A tall small green olive container would be a bit big it would work. You can use the ISO over again. Be careful with the glass on glass breakage factor.

Last edited:

howie105

Originally when I bought my Enano I bought 10 extra screens and haven't needed to use them. When I clean my stems I just leave the screens attached. I use ISO in the plastic tube that the stems originally come in and fill half full and give it a shake. I leave it for a couple days then rinse with hot water. Screens and stem come out clean.

I've had my Enanos for almost a year. The screens from Epicvape seem more durable than my stock solo screens that I have. No fraying or holes that I can tell. I usually rotate 3 stems.

@nondarb you have a lifetime of Nano screens.:lol: I hope they're as durable as the Epic screens. Keep us posted.

As a quick aside CK have you found an alternative to the original tubes? Mine is getting a bit old and leaky so its getting on replacement time. Thanks

SniperGuy

Shipping confirmation for my enano arrived! Yay. I ordered a slide to glass converter from Toohotglass and it arrived broken. Plus, the "Slip on grommets" included are way too small for the thing. Anyone know how good their customer service is with this stuff? Shoulda just ordered one of those d-20whatevers you guys are talking about I guess. Thought I could save a few bucks.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

Edit
My plastic tube is getting cracked and brittle too. I have a couple enanos stems I haven't used yet, so I have a couple extra. A tall small green olive container would be a bit big it would work. You can use the ISO over again. Be careful with the glass on glass breakage factor.

They're kind of long, so I try to be careful when shaking, but a cheap toothbrush travel case works well. Be sure to get one with an air vent hole only on one end so you can easily cover it with your finger. Or, just use the half that doesn't have a hole and cover the opening with your finger for GonGs. I've had one kicking around with my cleaning gear for a few years. Think there were 3 (maybe 4) in the pack I got for a buck at the Dollar Store. Can't beat that bargain.

Option 2 is to get a tall glass and soak. Shaking probably isn't a good idea with that glass on glass. Just soak, swab and rinse. And, I usually save my ISO from any vape glass (including bubblers). Just dump back into a second container (like an empty ISO bottle!). It takes many, many cleanings for it to even get brown and seems to clean just as well for months. Plus, the darker it gets the better the reclaim when you eventually evaporate - if you like that kind of thing.
EDIT: Sorry, @CarolKing ! Just reread your post and got that's what you were saying with "olive container". :doh: Vaped again here.

Anymore, I try to gunk up a few GonGs/stems over a month or two so I can make magic milk with them. Edibles from wand hash are really nice!!

Really didn't mean to offend about the screens. It just cracks me up every time it comes up here in the thread (probably every 6 months or so), and IIRC the many methods discussed the first time it did are probably the easiest and most effective. Do a search or poke around.... they're back there somewhere. Think @Stu 's method above is one.

But, I never did get it. I've had my 1st nano (still in use) for just shy of 3 years and along the way grabbed another that gets a good bit of use at the girlfriend's from both of us while I'm there, and even some when I'm not. I probably have about 7 - 8 screens in the rotation between the two of them. I think I've trashed 3? Might even be 4 or 5 in that whole time. So if I bought a pack of screens a year, I'd still have a few left over and a nice rotation to work with for 2 separate nanos. I do understand fashioning one when you need one and don't have any, but $15 in 3 years? I've probably spent more than that just on the little electricity these things suck up over the same period. And, I'm not looking to build a Gilligan generator bike to make my own power! Just doesn't make sense to me. I don't even think a combuster could have enough lighters or rolling papers for the same expense.

If you're offended by this post, or my feelings on topics discussed, just shoot me a pm. I don't play quick draw mcgraw in the thread anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom