coolbreeze

Because of you I picked up the combo special with the armored cap...so far only used the tip on glass but I like it...but the cap is shelved...do not really care for it
Was that one of the xmas combos? I think some of the other tips might benefit more from that cap; the Helix seems to build and retain heat pretty well; with a torch and the perforated cap I get a couple big hits and a cleanup. Do you use the Helix with a regular cap?

with helix I use a low temp cap or a perforated w/short fmj covering 2/3 of the holes, goldie locks zone, gets more calories to the herb with some extra air
Yeah, it's great with the perforated cap, that's how I usually use it. I'm gonna give it a go with the armored cap and the quartz cap, too. Not sure I've tried them.

budski

cantre member
got a vaphit on the way so maybe I'll have to use a torch once just to try it. I have found that the wax cups from the Ispire wand make a great glass cap for the dyna tips w/out flame

Comfortably Numb

Was that one of the xmas combos? I think some of the other tips might benefit more from that cap; the Helix seems to build and retain heat pretty well; with a torch and the perforated cap I get a couple big hits and a cleanup. Do you use the Helix with a regular cap?

Yeah, it's great with the perforated cap, that's how I usually use it. I'm gonna give it a go with the armored cap and the quartz cap, too. Not sure I've tried them.
I have used perforated and low temp so far...yes...Xmas combo...been meaning to play around with the AC on another tip...

martinstraka8282

I think it's become my favorite Ti tip. The airflow's one thing of course but it's the also least likely to get scorched flavors and the hits are big and full.
Agreed. I find it's a lot harder to combust with this than my other Ti tips, but I'm still able to have big pulls.

I would say it's maybe slightly less automatic and fool proof too with draw speed coming in to play a little more now, but that's okay if you know what you're doing.
I loved the helix and wand so much I got another helix and drilled holes in my b tips, you know, for science:science:
Ha, whatever works right!?!? It's fun to play around a bit.

I've never liked spending a lot on the stems themselves, so I'm drawn to a lot of the cheaper simple options out there like the glass wands and BB stems.

Piecho

There is Polish producer of the glass bodies and tips for dynavap. They do have also models with 10/14/18 mm adapter built in. Ordered one to check if taste from pure glass vapour path in dynavap will be better

dynaglazz-3d-420vape-szklana-rurka-dl-95-mm-do-nasadki-dynavap.webp

dynaglazz-420vape-with-bong-adapter-3-in-1-grinding-10145188-mm.webp

budski

cantre member
Hey! I hope your day has been going great. I plan on buying a dynavape bb to try mugwort. It's my first time doing anything like this. Do you have any advice or recommendations?
I found an induction heater is simpler and more consistent with a shorter learning curve than using a torch, if you can afford one Highly recommended, the wand is on sale at vgoodies wand; holiday30
don't become a VAS victim like me.
53442191635_b3312aa707_c.jpg

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
It was noticed that Troy and Jerry wasn't displaying DV as a sponsor on their show last night. Anyone know what has occurred?

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: nicknobody

collegeKid101

Hey all! I have a titanium omni, and have been eyeing the dynavap mythos from macqueen pipes as a fun ‘dry but cooler hits’ upgrade. Anybody have any experience on that piece? Mainly worried the small diameter in the stem may make airflow close to a straw in a frozen milkshake, but the appeal of going full gandalf is strong

collegeKid101,

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
There is Polish producer of the glass bodies and tips for dynavap. They do have also models with 10/14/18 mm adapter built in. Ordered one to check if taste from pure glass vapour path in dynavap will be better

Hi guys, do you think this or the Hula XL is better?
I was inclined to buy the Hula...
I discarded the bb9 partly because of the cost and partly because of the issue of the beads which I read from the reviews that they stick and clog immediately...opinions? Thank you

coolbreeze

Hi guys, do you think this or the Hula XL is better?
I was inclined to buy the Hula...
I discarded the bb9 partly because of the cost and partly because of the issue of the beads which I read from the reviews that they stick and clog immediately...opinions? Thank you
Get the Hula. This one has a glass bowl built in which may prevent your tip from fitting and it may chip if you use it as designed. The hula will not fit a bong joint but it will cool your vapor nicely.

Sneaky Pete has the Strongarm and Littlefinger water pipe adapters for dynavap tips, as well.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: jbm

coolbreeze

M+ for $60 this weekend! Great frikkin deal!

Seantagon

The perforated captive cap. I havnt seen much about this here. Does it have a noticeable airflow increase? Worth the extra $5?

coolbreeze

The perforated captive cap. I havnt seen much about this here. Does it have a noticeable airflow increase? Worth the extra $5?

It works best with the Helix and together they're fantastic. Great for water because of the airflow, and it's nice to just rip or sip for the same reason. It does work with other tips but nowhere near the airflow as with the Helix.

Petetbay

I’m big fan of the perforated caps, preferring the Simrell version over the the Dynavap, but they are close to the same. Reminds me a lot of the Lo-temp caps, being airy with more heat, 1st heat I go 3 sec. past the click and reheats an extra 1.5-2 sec. past the click. IH only, yet to use a torch on them. Never had a combustion. I have like 7 perforated caps, 5 Simrell and 2 Dynavap versions, 5 are on my current favorite DVs and 2 floaters. I haven’t been a fan of the Helix tip and it works good with perforated cap, but not as good as my other ti tips. The Simrell 9 fin works the best w/perforated cap.:2c:

budski

cantre member
I preferred the Helix w/low temp cap, I feel the open perf adds too much air with the bowl vents, unless partly restrict by a short fmj which makes for longer heat retention and adjustable airflow. I love the open perf cap with other tips except the B and Vaphit tips that I drilled "helix" bowl vents into for better airflow. only use the wand.
53478282832_ed04fffd8e_c.jpg

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

In my opinion it is better. I've been using a low temp cap and the glass just gives it that purity of taste that only glass can. Also, a nice slow roast with tons of flavor is almost guaranteed as glass builds up temperature much slower than titanium or stainless steel.

I never tried the Polish producer you mentioned but I tried pieces from PTGlass like here.

Edit: This is the first I've heard of the perforated cap but I would imagine all glass dynavaps would work well with it. Also the armored cap might be nice.

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,
Reactions: coolbreeze

Ariwe

I preferred the Helix w/low temp cap, I feel the open perf adds too much air with the bowl vents, unless partly restrict by a short fmj which makes for longer heat retention and adjustable airflow. I love the open perf cap with other tips except the B and Vaphit tips that I drilled "helix" bowl vents into for better airflow. only use the wand.
53478282832_ed04fffd8e_c.jpg
Great setups!
I like the Perforated Cap with the Helix Tip when there is no air port.

Top Bottom