TommyDee

Vaporitor
The crimps in the cap came about due to the number of 'loose cap' complaints that came sailing in after some big sale. The entire run had no crimp and most fell off when they took them out of the box. The captive cap was born because people couldn't pinch the cap to secure them on their tips.

There was probably also a hidden agenda in that tips and caps are not readily interchangeable if you optimize the fit of your cap to a specific tip, it might fall off another and fit tightly on a third. Captive caps allows for more variation in the tip's outside diameter. For me, optimizing a cap is being able to pull it easily with a relatively small magnet, but it never falls off, even when flung.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
AKA, minimum required refinement on customer feedback of unacceptable cap security.

Timps27,
  • Haha
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The captive cap also allows a bit of a better airflow being less snug on the tip.
That is less advantageous than you might first think... the cap depends on heat coming back to it from the tip as you draw to balance the convection and conduction heating. Not to mention I use the infamous '18 tip with its OG cap and get perfect airflow with a couple of simple modifications, namely reversing the CCD and lifting the bowl away from the clicker a little. Breathes like a champ now. The cap extracts perfectly with a little magnet bung for stirring or inspecting.

coolbreeze

IMG-1329.jpg

PhilosoStoner

I'm extremely late to the game, but the Dynavap is a really cool vape.

After hearing a lot about their QC issues as of late I was put off of buying, but a kind member of the community gave me an M model for practically free. Finally came after a week and has allowed me the opportunity to give the Dani Fusion a break. I love it, though I want to keep my consumption in check. The M has let me do just that.

I think beyond getting an fmj, the only thing I'd want to upgrade would be an induction heater. Are there any that's compatible with both the M and the Fusion?

coolbreeze

I'm extremely late to the game, but the Dynavap is a really cool vape.

After hearing a lot about their QC issues as of late I was put off of buying, but a kind member of the community gave me an M model for practically free. Finally came after a week and has allowed me the opportunity to give the Dani Fusion a break. I love it, though I want to keep my consumption in check. The M has let me do just that.

I think beyond getting an fmj, the only thing I'd want to upgrade would be an induction heater. Are there any that's compatible with both the M and the Fusion?
There's the Camouflet Inductor. The beta will be released shortly (I think you can still sign up to get one). Looks like it will work with about anything:

coolbreeze

Well that video definitely has me sold, looks beautiful too
Yeah, pretty nice. It's hard to beat the concept, too. Once it's out and proven I think the folks who love the massive-tipped pens will gravitate to it, as this can heat their whole collection as well as the low-mass, fast-cooling pens like the Dynavaps and their own Convector.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Yeah, pretty nice. It's hard to beat the concept, too. Once it's out and proven I think the folks who love the massive-tipped pens will gravitate to it, as this can heat their whole collection as well as the low-mass, fast-cooling pens like the Dynavaps and their own Convector.
Definitely agree with this. Although I also think the iSpire Wand will continue to be a portable favorite that is compatible with a wide array of vapes. At least until the Camouflet Inductor gets released in a portable format.

I gotta say, I’ve been using my M21 a lot these past few days since the Vong is set to half bowl, and it’s a nicer vape than it really gets credit for. Maybe the heavy lifting is that it pairs really well with the wand but I’ve been getting two draw extractions with it and it’s been nice. I don’t love how long it takes to cool down compared to my Vong tip (it’s actually wild how much of a difference there is) but beyond that it’s a really nice vape.

coolbreeze

I gotta say, I’ve been using my M21 a lot these past few days since the Vong is set to half bowl, and it’s a nicer vape than it really gets credit for. Maybe the heavy lifting is that it pairs really well with the wand but I’ve been getting two draw extractions with it and it’s been nice. I don’t love how long it takes to cool down compared to my Vong tip (it’s actually wild how much of a difference there is) but beyond that it’s a really nice vape.
Couldn't agree more. I think it's the best M insofar as it's very flexible. The older tips are great for the big hit, but the 21 can do that and it does lower-temp/moderate hits much better. I use the tips with all over my collection. That said, the M+ stem is notable as the best spinning stem since the Hydra and the older Omni.

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
I see Simrell has released a stainless steel version of the FMJ cap compatible with induction heating that has me interested, anybody have any experience?
Side question: is the Armored cap IH compatible?

maskedcorrespondent,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
I have had no trouble using either the SS FMJ or the Armored Cap with my Wand.
Nice-- I've got a Macqueen vapcap adapter for a pipe that I'm trying to get more heat retention from so that I can heat less frequently, anyone have recommendations for a tip/cap/sleeve combo that might fit the bill?

maskedcorrespondent,

Petetbay

I see Simrell has released a stainless steel version of the FMJ cap compatible with induction heating that has me interested, anybody have any experience?
Side question: is the Armored cap IH compatible?
Both are IH compatible, but they work better using a torch. Not being fond of torches, I mostly use a IH. :2c:

Petetbay,

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Hey all. I'm looking to get back into the vape game. I've had many vapes in the past but the last I had, and my favorite, was a dyna. It was back when you got wooden stems and spinning mouthpieces standard.

I'm looking to try and get another dyna but I really want to go with a spinning mouthpieces and wooden stem again. After looking at their website it seems that if I want to do this I need to get the parts and assemble it myself.

I can't figure out if I would need a standard condenser or the xl?

coolbreeze

Hey all. I'm looking to get back into the vape game. I've had many vapes in the past but the last I had, and my favorite, was a dyna. It was back when you got wooden stems and spinning mouthpieces standard.

I'm looking to try and get another dyna but I really want to go with a spinning mouthpieces and wooden stem again. After looking at their website it seems that if I want to do this I need to get the parts and assemble it myself.

I can't figure out if I would need a standard condenser or the xl?
You need an XL condenser to add the spinning mouthpiece for the full length body, or the regular condenser/mouthpiece for the short stems. @Ed's TnT still makes a version of the Woody stems and bodies that are lovely indeed.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
You need an XL condenser to add the spinning mouthpiece for the full length body, or the regular condenser/mouthpiece for the short stems. @Ed's TnT still makes a version of the Woody stems and bodies that are lovely indeed.

Excellent. I remember hearing about Ed and seeing his work when I used to peruse this site. Thanks! I'll look him up!

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Mad scientist George is at it again. He's just released the lightest and the most unique looking tip of all the past DVs. The tip is made out of TI and only weighs 3 grams. The new bowl chamber has thicker walls for a more even airflow and fuller extractions. This new tip features a raised Helix surface area for improved heat transfer.

Really looking forward to giving this bad boy a go!
h33.gif

Top Bottom