condition

So I just recently ordered an OG Omni XL and I'm experimenting with my first Ti tip. Is the low temp cap almost necessary? I've been heating with the iSpire and respecting the click but can often taste a hint of combustion happening. Is this normal with the standard vapcap and a Ti tip?

Seems like the properties of the metal cause the temp to overshoot with a regular cap... This would happen once in a while with my old SS tip but much less frequently.
Well after a lot of experimentation with iSpire The Wand, and various herbs tried, I am using it only with low temp cap (as per coolbreeze's original suggestion) and without the silicone ring, just the glass insert from the converter. Any other combo, like Standard cap or even low temp cap with the full converter including the silicone ring, results to burn taste and it is not worth it. But now, I am using the DV a lot more than before I got the Wand. The taste is very good even for Dynavap.

BTW I own the half bowl converter and I am not using it, I have tried it with various combinations like FMJ, Orion IH, Wand, new omni, old omni, M2021 model, etc. In my opinion its not worth it, better to load 3/4 the tip without the converter, tastes better. And since the DV requires some mm empty space between the herb and the cap, the Half Bowl Converter limits you to very small quantity and making it very difficult to stir (if needed) without spilling.

Finally, I regretted buying the omni 2021 model. The previous omni creates more and thicker vapor, in any case I compared them. Maybe it is the 9 fin tip, but the vapor's quality of the old omni is definitely superior, or maybe mine is defected in some way, but I don't think so.

My_50p_worth

The ENTexchange discord seems to be doing ok. I've never bought or sold on there, but I did win an Omni giveaway. Simrell and Ed's TnT have done events over there too.
Oh I didn’t know it had moved there!

If you don’t mind sharing, how do I access it?

My_50p_worth,

Farid

@Archaicrevival

My first was the first batch of woodies. I added a pipe mouthpiece to it, since the body cracked. They sure have come a long way, it wasn't until the 3rd gen TI tips that it replaced my other vapes completely.

coolbreeze

IMG-2892.jpg

dude_de

Which M or B for induction heating?

My first M was the 2019. When I got it, I already had the Arizer Air and the Flowmate V5 Nano. The Arizer Extreme Q may have been there already as well. Using the torch was kind of fun but overall, I was not impressed. I feel that the area between "no vapor" and "combustion" is way too small. Since everybody else seems to be happy with the M, I decided to take another shot and got the 2020 M and an induction heater.

Wow, what a difference. Not so much for the 2019 M, that doesn't work for me in the induction heater either. But the 2020 M in the half bowl position really surprised me, especially when used on a small bubbler.

VAS(*) is starting to tickle me again and I'm thinking about dumping the 2019 M tip and putting another tip on the 2019 stem.

Soooo, which tip would you recommend to put on my 2019 stem to be used exclusively with an IH?

(*): besides the aforementioned I also have a Crafty+, Wolkenkraft Äris (Fury Edge) and Wolkenkraft FX Mini (Fury 2).

coolbreeze

My first M was the 2019. When I got it, I already had the Arizer Air and the Flowmate V5 Nano. The Arizer Extreme Q may have been there already as well. Using the torch was kind of fun but overall, I was not impressed. I feel that the area between "no vapor" and "combustion" is way too small. Since everybody else seems to be happy with the M, I decided to take another shot and got the 2020 M and an induction heater.

Wow, what a difference. Not so much for the 2019 M, that doesn't work for me in the induction heater either. But the 2020 M in the half bowl position really surprised me, especially when used on a small bubbler.

VAS(*) is starting to tickle me again and I'm thinking about dumping the 2019 M tip and putting another tip on the 2019 stem.

Soooo, which tip would you recommend to put on my 2019 stem to be used exclusively with an IH?

(*): besides the aforementioned I also have a Crafty+, Wolkenkraft Äris (Fury Edge) and Wolkenkraft FX Mini (Fury 2).
This will totally depend on the relative aggressiveness of your heater. If it's too aggressive for the 19M I'd try either a 21M or maybe a Vong tip, but it may not solve that problem. If the 19M is too wispy, try a standard Ti tip, and get a second low-temp cap if you are on the line with how aggressive your IH is.

My_50p_worth

To be honest if you’ve not had great results with the 19m tip I would argue the biggest value add for you right now is to work on your heating technique. That tip absolutely pumps vapour when you learn to use it, they are IMO the best DV tips for pure extraction efficiency.

Another tip may help but if you’re not hitting the performance ceiling with what you have then I think there’s a different issue at play that VAS won’t fix

What IH do you have? Perhaps it could be tweaked. Some of them allow for this as all the tips require different amounts of heat.

I’ve always found the Ispire wand to be the best IH as it’s crazy adaptable by nature, a lot of the others require time to learn and specific techniques which I’ve never found appealing

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud

Have you tried different caps on the 2019 M tip? Maybe the one that came with it originally is faulty.
The 19 M is generally a very well regarded vintage for both airflow and vapor production.
I'll echo what My 50p worth said about the Wand. Fantastic IH!

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Congratulations to @NYC_Frank #40 !! Inbox me your pick !!
well it's been 3 and a half years since I won my Andy Cap 12 Milli Ti ... I had to retire my old 419 cap and get a new cap and took a snap to send you ... just wanted to say thanks again Andy and hope all is well .... my Louisiana ligntning is still a beauty and my favorite DV piece.

20221119-083333.jpg

dude_de

Thanks, everybody!

This will totally depend on the relative aggressiveness of your heater.
See the link below for a video on the heater I have. It comes with a few silicone disks you can drop into the glass tube to raise the tip in the heater, thereby increasing heat direct to the tip which shortens the heat cycle. It also comes with two glass tubes, one has a glass bottom, the other does not, dropping the tip down a bit more. I use the bottomless tube with just one silicone disk, so it's set to "pretty aggressive" which was what I found to work best with the 2020M. However, it is not very aggressive in terms of power output. A cold 2020M takes 11 seconds to click in my configuration.

But that is (was!) not the issue ....

That tip absolutely pumps vapour when you learn to use it, they are IMO the best DV tips for pure extraction efficiency.
What IH do you have? Perhaps it could be tweaked. Some of them allow for this as all the tips require different amounts of heat.
This is the heater:
see a short description of heater and tweaks above.

Have you tried different caps on the 2019 M tip? Maybe the one that came with it originally is faulty.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I don't know why I did not try this. I just put the cap from the 2020M on the 2019M, stuck it in the IH and had the most enjoyable session on my 2019M ever.

So .... it turns out that my 2019 cap is effed. Must have had a few too many overheating events during its relationship with me and a torch.

Looks like I can tell the ole VAS to shut up and simply order a replacement part for an otherwise perfectly functional 2019M!

This was really strange because from what I'd picked up reading here and there, it seems that generally people prefer the 2019 tip over the 2020 tip. For me, both work fine now!

JJ785

Howdee folks:sherlock:. Been out the loop for a while. Any recommendations for a decent and not too costly portable IH?
UK retailer preferred.

Last edited:

My_50p_worth

@dude_de I can’t see the vid man! It’s age restricted and YouTube wanna see ID for me to watch it :rofl:

Glad to hear you’ve resolved the situation though, these are great devices once you get the hang of it

@Hetts

I’m UK based. Far as I’m concerned vapefiend is the best UK retailer - use the code 420 at checkout for a small discount.

As for the IH, the Ispire wand is always my choice.. you will pay a little extra but it’s worth it. It’s cost me a lot of money going for budget IH options and ending up frustrated with them, I wish I’d just gone for the wand from the start to be honest

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

@Hetts Ispire wand has been an awesome portable IH for me. Changeable 18650 batteries, can vary the heating profile in a similar way to a torch, inserts are avaliable if you want a more set and forget style.

Never tried one myself but Pipes IHs come highly recommended by many members here. He is a longtime FC member with outstanding customer service, plus I do believe he is the first person to build and manufacture induction heaters for use with dynavaps. :spliff:

I should add, that if you are a heavy user, a plug in IH may be more suitable depending on your needs. :peace:

Last edited:

JJ785

thanks !
Ispire wand has been an awesome portable IH for me.
Had a quick look at the wand. It looks good but maybe a bit fiddly outside? I'm after one that's fast and discrete that can be used inside or outside in public.

I already have a plugged in IH for home use. And use the torch a lot at home but often find it too indiscrete when out and about

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

Wand is definitely more discreet than a torch. Its a two handed affair(vapcap in one, wand in other), I use it at the beach, park, river etc. You can be low key and it doesn't draw looks or attention like a torch does, but it's not as discreet as something like a fury edge or v3pro.

A medium fine grind and a straw pack plus the wand can definitely get a quick extraction if you heat it aggressively.

Last edited:
TheThriftDrifter,
Reactions: JJ785
Top Bottom